GameFly April 2014 Used PS3/360 Game Sale (4/15 to 4/21)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale goes live 4/15 at 10AM PST - Ends 4/21

Xbox 360
Angry Birds: Star Wars $9.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $9.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $12.99
Borderlands $9.99
Cabela's African Adventures $12.99
Crysis 3 $8.99
Dark $8.99
Darksiders II $12.99
Dead Island $8.99
Deadpool $14.99
Defiance $7.99
Hitman: Absolution $8.99
Killer is Dead $12.99
Lollipop Chainsaw $12.99
Max Payne 3 $9.99
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 $14.99
Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $12.99
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $12.99
Payday 2 $9.99
Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff $9.99
Sleeping Dogs $7.99
Fast & Furious Showdown $8.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist $9.99
Tomb Raider $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins 17.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $19.99
The Smurfs 2 $9.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $7.99
Young Justice: Legacy $12.99

PlayStation 3
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon... $8.99
Angry Birds: Star Wars $9.99
AquaPazza $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $9.99
Batman: Arkham City $8.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $12.99
Beyond: Two Souls $19.99
Borderlands 2 $9.99
Cabela's African Adventures $12.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $19.99
Dragon's Dogma $14.99
The Guided Fate Paradox $19.99
Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver $9.99
Killer is Dead $12.99
Killzone 3 $9.99
The Last of Us $19.99
Lost Planet 3 $9.99
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 $14.99
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures $12.99
Payday 2 $9.99
Puppeteer $12.99
Remember Me $8.99
Resident Evil Revelations $9.99
Tales of Xillia $17.99
Tomb Raider $9.99
Twisted Metal $12.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception $9.99
Young Justice: Legacy $12.99

In for Ben 10: Omniverse 2 & CoD: Ghosts for 360....thanks for heads up OP!. Made up for not buying games for a few weeks and so far bought 4 in last 2 days!, really want Payday 2 for 360 so will have my eye on that when it restocks, if anyone sees it restock please send me a PM thanks!!

I'm gonna bail.

Maybe when GameFly offers an apology over 3 consecutive 7 day deliveries this year I'll buy from them again. All to a state next door, shaking my head.
Agreed. For a $10 game, they should send it via FedEx Overnight in a solid 24k gold box, insure it for $20,000, and have the delivery guy clean out your garage upon delivery...all at a time that's convenient for YOU, regardless of whether it's 5 AM or midnight. :roll:

You're the guy that bitches and moans at a restaurant that it takes 15 minutes to get a well-done steak and then stiffs the server too, aren't you? :shame:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. For a $10 game, they should send it via FedEx Overnight in a solid 24k gold box, insure it for $20,000, and have the delivery guy clean out your garage upon delivery...all at a time that's convenient for YOU, regardless of whether it's 5 AM or midnight. :roll:

You're the guy that bitches and moans at a restaurant that it takes 15 minutes to get a well-done steak and then stiffs the server too, aren't you? :shame:
I know more than a few servers I'd gladly stiff, but that's another story.

I've never bought from GF before, but NG3:RE is tempting at that price. Couple questions, though:

Does GF charge tax in any states?

I've heard PS3 games generally don't have a problem playing, but how are 360 games? And what condition do games bought from GF usually come in? Original box, art, and manual, or just generic cases?

Pick up last of us for $20 chipped or wait till better deal?
I've never bought from GF before, but NG3:RE is tempting at that price. Couple questions, though:

I've heard PS3 games generally don't have a problem playing, but how are 360 games? And what condition do games bought from GF usually come in? Original box, art, and manual, or just generic cases?
1) You can probably check and see if GameFly charges tax in your state by going through to the checkout screen. I know it does in Florida.

2) I've only ever ordered 360 games to keep from GameFly, I think, and I've never had a problem with either chipping (I rolled my eyes at the mention above) or games not playing correctly. I've also bought PS3 games to flip and had no such problems.

GameFly games typically come (always, in my experience) with original box, art, and manual, and sometimes even preorder DLC. I ended up with the Limited Edition of Metro: Last Light last fall.

I've only ordered PS3 titles. I haven't ever received a game that didn't come complete, and most come with the online pass/dlc if applicable.

Never had a problem with scratches, and never got a disc that was unplayable. But, every disc I've ever gotten from GF (probably 15-20) has had the chips on the edges of the disc. So you can roll your eyes all you want, maybe the Xbox titles aren't as susceptible or they dont resurface them the same as PS3.

1) You can probably check and see if GameFly charges tax in your state by going through to the checkout screen. I know it does in Florida.

2) I've only ever ordered 360 games to keep from GameFly, I think, and I've never had a problem with either chipping (I rolled my eyes at the mention above) or games not playing correctly. I've also bought PS3 games to flip and had no such problems.

GameFly games typically come (always, in my experience) with original box, art, and manual, and sometimes even preorder DLC. I ended up with the Limited Edition of Metro: Last Light last fall.

I'm torn right now. I shouldn't be buying games right now but tales of xilla is calling my name. I wanted to give the series a try and it's a nice price but people always talk about getting it for 20 new and shit like that lol. What to do???

I'm always surprised when people say they don't get chipped discs. It's plausible, but every single game I've ordered - and I've ordered over 50 covering every console - had them. They are really easy to miss - they're literally the size of a drop of water. Sometimes they do prevent the game from playing but usually they work fine.

Same here. I honestly can't believe anyone whose ordered in the double digits from GF NOT getting at least one chipped disc. I suppose it could happen, but I would suggest pulling your games back out and checking them a bit more thoroughly. I've never gotten one that hasn't played like normal (although I know some have), but to tell someone factually that "No, you won't get a chipped disc" is beyond a lie.

I think you're just explaining hellhunde's joke here. Wish I appreciate because I didn't get it. Thank you.
I break it down for you.
Stiffy=boner.
The boner is the tip he would give the waitress because she gave him the boner.

If you don't know what a boner is, look it up on urban dictionary.

I'm always surprised when people say they don't get chipped discs. It's plausible, but every single game I've ordered - and I've ordered over 50 covering every console - had them. They are really easy to miss - they're literally the size of a drop of water. Sometimes they do prevent the game from playing but usually they work fine.
How's the return policy?

Just curious because I'm not a fan of messed up discs cosmetic or not I would want to return it.

I don't understand how shit like this happens to games lol. Chew toys for dogs?

I haven't done any returns but from what people say, it's easy enough. What everyone complains about is that Gamefly is unable to exchange your copy for another one, so you'll probably end up missing the sale price if you want to order another copy.

I haven't done any returns but from what people say, it's easy enough. What everyone complains about is that Gamefly is unable to exchange your copy for another one, so you'll probably end up missing the sale price if you want to order another copy.
that's fine money back is just as good. Go back to buying new. I'm not a big fan of buying used almost never do it but a lot of people rave about gamefly. Figured I'd give them a try

I've ordered probably 20-30 games and most of them had minor chips. None have affect the disc playing or anything, but they're there, especially in 360 games. Not so much in PS3. BluRays are a bit tougher.

How's the return policy?

Just curious because I'm not a fan of messed up discs cosmetic or not I would want to return it.

I don't understand how shit like this happens to games lol. Chew toys for dogs?
They life ban if you report a few a year or 2..Chipped discs do not give me a stiffy

it has to be some way they sort their discs. I love their sales but yes my 360 disks have chips all the time. Several have been turned away from trading in at gamestop.

I assume they have a certain amount of reserve copies that they keep for when someone still wants to rent the game, and these sales are just liquidating all the extras from when the game was in much higher demand. So, while you can still rent it, you can't outright buy that copy (although the keep option is annoying, which means you can rent it then keep it I believe).

On an unrelated note, RE:R almost immediately went to shipped status for me. Hopefully it's here by this weekend, but I doubt it.
You are right. I was able to order Last of Us today so they must have gotten some back in stock. It shipped today as well so maybe we will both have new used games this weekend!

I still had the $1 renewal thing.  So, I started it back up, and requested Aventure time for ps3 (yeah yeah) and purchased it that way.

My Resident Evil Revelations still has not shipped yet and I ordered it almost as soon as the sale went live. Shipping status still shows TBD. Has anybody elses shipped yet?

Yeah, they are slow if you order only one game. Many people here order two games so they can receive them within three days. Otherwise, it can take up to two weeks to get your game.

There's no resurfacing machine that chips the edges of discs. One guy on here started that rumor and others keep bringing it up.
The rumor of the machine might be false, but the fact that all of my games purchased from gamefly have these chips is not a coincedence.

Well, I spent about $29 (including tax) in the past 24 hours thanks to this sale.. I think I am done with buying games that are on sale for now.

bread's done
Back