GameFly August 2014 Used Game/Movie Sale: Titanfall (XB1) $20 and More (8/14-8/20)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale goes live 8/14 at 10AM PST - Ends 8/20

:360: Xbox 360
Dark Souls $9.99
Thief $9.99
Need for Speed Rivals $12.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist $8.99
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad $8.99
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $9.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Madden NFL 25 $9.99
Kinect Sports Season Two $12.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $12.99
Saints Row IV $12.99
Zoo Tycoon $14.99
Zumba Fitness World Party $17.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99

:ps3: PS3
Beyond: Two Souls $14.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 $19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99
Fast & Furious Showdown $8.99
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $9.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $9.99
Thief $9.99
Magus $12.99
Saints Row IV $12.99
Deception IV: Blood Ties $17.99
Dragon's Crown $17.99
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace $17.99
The Witch and the Hundred Knight $17.99

:xb1: Xbox One
Fighter Within $9.99
Thief $12.99
Angry Birds: Star Wars $14.99
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes $17.99
Zoo Tycoon $17.99
Titanfall $19.99

:ps4: PS4
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $12.99
Putty Squad $12.99
Thief $12.99
Knack $14.99
Killzone: Shadow Fall $19.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame $19.99

:wii: Wii
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the... $7.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $8.99
Just Dance 2 $8.99
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad $8.99
Despicable Me $9.99

:3ds:  3DS
Beyblade: Evolution $8.99
Sonic Lost World $14.99
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team $17.99
Mario Golf: World Tour $17.99
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon $19.99

:vita: Vita
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate $9.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril $12.99
Resistance: Burning Skies $12.99
Dragon's Crown $14.99
Toukiden: The Age of Demons $17.99

:br: Blu-ray
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues $9.99
Gravity $9.99
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 $12.99
Frozen $12.99
Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug $12.99

Firstly, since when does GameFly RENT blu-rays in order to sell them during these sales...?
Secondly... FROZEN is showing "buy" price at $24.xx for me, I'm not missing anything right? The sale began already, I've checked twice, and that's the price marked under "buy" so I know I'm not asking the noob questions here....
Booooo...

Here's a serious suggestion for CheapyD: write the start time in hot pink. Red on black background is too easy to miss. Hot pink bolded sticks out like a sore thumb.

Would have bit in Two souls if it was 10$.. yep im that cheap.
At this point in the generation, the only games I'm still looking to pickup are basically the exclusives, and even then, I'm only looking to pay $10, so don't feel bad. Other than getting a couple copies of Diablo III for co-op, I figure I can get everything else from Steam for dirt cheap, so why bother adding to my physical backlog? The only games other games I'll probably end up getting are Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us, although the latter is also on PS4, and that's likely what console I'll get in a couple years.

I'm waiting for thw rumored ps4 version of Beyond: Two Souls.

So if a game in the site shows up more than what's listed in the OPP, does that mean the sale price for that game is over? (Mario and Luigi Dream Team) Meanjng they only have a limited number of games at that price?

Booooo...
Here's a serious suggestion for CheapyD: write the start time in hot pink. Red on black background is too easy to miss. Hot pink bolded sticks out like a sore thumb.
Sale starts tomorrow at 10 am pst
Ah, "boo" indeed, my problem is apparently that I don't know how to read a calendar--not a clock. I posted after midnight and didn't realize, thinking that yesterday was the 14th, bah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Titanfall and Deception IV went up in price, TF....
no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg

I'm tempted by some of the PS3/Vita titles, but PS+ has spoiled us so badly.  I would have jumped at a relatively obscure Japanese game with decent reviews like 'Deception IV' immediately at $17.  Now I say to myself, "Well... the publisher's other games have either gone on sale for cheap through PSN or been free PS+ titles.  I guess I'll wait."

I'm still kind of tempted on Hundred Knight.

I was thinking of Blackgate for Vita, but it's getting an HD remake I believe.

Can someone confirm this? I can't find anything about it on the net other than there is a Deluxe edition. Was this digital only?

I was thinking of Blackgate for Vita, but it's getting an HD remake I believe.

Can someone confirm this? I can't find anything about it on the net other than there is a Deluxe edition. Was this digital only?
Blackgate HD is a digital only game on PS3, 360, and PC. Already out. Not sure about PS4 or Xbone.

I think I might grab a couple of PS3 JRPG's with Hundred Knight and Ragnarok Odyssey. Kind of want LoS2, but can see it hitting $15 or even $10.

Does anybody know if you can add games to your cart now and the price will auto adjust when the sale goes live? 

Just submitted an order for the following:

XB1 Titanfall 19.99

PS4 Marvel Super Heroes 12.99

PS4 Thief 12.99

PS4 The Lego Movie 19.99

Order Total: $65.96

Damn, PS4 Marvel Super Heroes went out of stock just as I hit submit order. Got PS4 Thief, Knack, Toukiden, Killzone, and Deception IV.

Got Black Flag PS3. Wanted something for the Wii U. Oh well.

Rented Deception IV. It was OK -- fun for a while, but got repetitive for me.

Damn, PS4 Marvel Super Heroes went out of stock just as I hit submit order. Got PS4 Thief, Knack, Toukiden, Killzone, and Deception IV.
Ditto on Lego Marvel. I am refreshing in hopes it comes back but then it will be one game by itself and probably come by the time Lego Marvel 2 comes out (obviously exaggerating but still their standard shipping is SLOOOOOWWWW)

Man there is some good stuff in there. Really tempted by Deception IV but I'm thinking I'll be able to get it new around that price soon enough. Beyond Two Souls is also on my watch list, but I'm thikning $10 used or $15-20 new is the sweet spot. Really waffling on Luigi's Mansion and Dream Team since the big N games rarely seem to see much of a price drop and I don't think I've seen either of these two for less. Probably going to snag Toukiden, just waffling on Luigi's Mansion too. Hmm..

Ditto on Lego Marvel. I am refreshing in hopes it comes back but then it will be one game by itself and probably come by the time Lego Marvel 2 comes out (obviously exaggerating but still their standard shipping is SLOOOOOWWWW)
Dammit, that was the only game I wanted from this sale. Should have checked in earlier.

alot of the games are now only showing up under the keep it price with no option to buy it .. if you try to click on the buy button it just puts a brand new copy in your cart

360 -  splinter cell black list and assassins creed 4 are hidden as of now behind the keep it button

alot of the games are now only showing up under the keep it price with no option to buy it .. if you try to click on the buy button it just puts a brand new copy in your cart

360 - splinter cell black list and assassins creed 4 are hidden as of now behind the keep it button
It means they are sold out

GAAAAAH.

I had Deception IV in my shopping cart, one click away from checkout, and they ran out!

I know that's how online stores work, but still, can't help but feel like some dickhat grabbed it out of my cart.  I'm just going to pout now.

fighter within also stood out to me, i heard people compare it to the ufc games.
Fighter Within was a day one purchase for me. It's like UFC games if the UFC games were actually good.

Went with titanfall and mgs v - worse case scenario if I don't like 'em i'll just trade them in to amazon and take a slight hit.

I'm glad I grabbed Deception, Ragnarok, and Blackgate, but I'm already regretting buying Sonic Lost World and Magus, I think it's the $92 total that's making me feel that way.

bread's done
Back