GameFly August 2014 Used Game/Movie Sale: Titanfall (XB1) $20 and More (8/14-8/20)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale goes live 8/14 at 10AM PST - Ends 8/20

:360: Xbox 360
Dark Souls $9.99
Thief $9.99
Need for Speed Rivals $12.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist $8.99
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad $8.99
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $9.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Madden NFL 25 $9.99
Kinect Sports Season Two $12.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $12.99
Saints Row IV $12.99
Zoo Tycoon $14.99
Zumba Fitness World Party $17.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99

:ps3: PS3
Beyond: Two Souls $14.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 $19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99
Fast & Furious Showdown $8.99
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $9.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $9.99
Thief $9.99
Magus $12.99
Saints Row IV $12.99
Deception IV: Blood Ties $17.99
Dragon's Crown $17.99
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace $17.99
The Witch and the Hundred Knight $17.99

:xb1: Xbox One
Fighter Within $9.99
Thief $12.99
Angry Birds: Star Wars $14.99
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes $17.99
Zoo Tycoon $17.99
Titanfall $19.99

:ps4: PS4
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $12.99
Putty Squad $12.99
Thief $12.99
Knack $14.99
Killzone: Shadow Fall $19.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame $19.99

:wii: Wii
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the... $7.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $8.99
Just Dance 2 $8.99
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad $8.99
Despicable Me $9.99

:3ds:  3DS
Beyblade: Evolution $8.99
Sonic Lost World $14.99
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team $17.99
Mario Golf: World Tour $17.99
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon $19.99

:vita: Vita
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate $9.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril $12.99
Resistance: Burning Skies $12.99
Dragon's Crown $14.99
Toukiden: The Age of Demons $17.99

:br: Blu-ray
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues $9.99
Gravity $9.99
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 $12.99
Frozen $12.99
Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug $12.99

Grabbed Thief(PS3) x2, Thief(360) x2, Kanck, Lego Movies Videogame x2 for 100.63.

Turned around and traded in all 4 Thief games + 1 lego game for 102.

Booyah

Ditto on Lego Marvel. I am refreshing in hopes it comes back but then it will be one game by itself and probably come by the time Lego Marvel 2 comes out (obviously exaggerating but still their standard shipping is SLOOOOOWWWW)
Must be a regional thing. I've always got my stuff within about 5 days.

I'm confused, I only see "new" for buy now. I have to rent the games then keep them to get the discounted price.

Do I have to be a member to get the discounted rate? There's about 4 of the xbox 360 games I'd buy.

thanks,jb

I'm confused, I only see "new" for buy now. I have to rent the games then keep them to get the discounted price.

Do I have to be a member to get the discounted rate? There's about 4 of the xbox 360 games I'd buy.

thanks,jb
It means the used ones have been sold out.

Snagged Dragon's Crown, but I've already got MLB 13 The Show on its way, so I'm thinking about cancelling Dragon's Crown. I dunno.

GAAAAAH.

I had Deception IV in my shopping cart, one click away from checkout, and they ran out!

I know that's how online stores work, but still, can't help but feel like some dickhat grabbed it out of my cart. I'm just going to pout now.
If it makes you feel any better I got a copy of Deception IV and Toukiden which were the 2 titles I wanted. :D/

Grabbed Thief(PS3) x2, Thief(360) x2, Kanck, Lego Movies Videogame x2 for 100.63.

Turned around and traded in all 4 Thief games + 1 lego game for 102.

Booyah
What? How? The sale just started today. Unless you just mean you locked in trades or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dives headfirst into Thief despite hearing bad things. Cheap enough to make my own bad experiences and I need something to try on my dustcollector ahem I mean my PS4.

Dives headfirst into Thief despite hearing bad things. Cheap enough to make my own bad experiences and I need something to try on my dustcollector ahem I mean my PS4.
Dunno that paying 13 bucks is "diving head first". Sounds more like waiting for the proper weather and slowly dipping your toes in.

Yeah I processed the order from Gamefly, turned right around to a local store and locked in trades with them. :) Thief was good for something after all!
The real shocker is the fact that you're getting such great trade-in prices for last-gen games. Looks like you want to keep that store's name a secret (something .. something.. golden goose). Giving such TIVs - they're bound to go out of business soon :D.

The real shocker is the fact that you're getting such great trade-in prices for last-gen games. Looks like you want to keep that store's name a secret (something .. something.. golden goose). Giving such TIVs - they're bound to go out of business soon :D.
This reminds me of the time when a couple sellers on eBay were selling brand new copies of Steel Diver for around $3 each, and a local game store was giving $22 in trade credit for copies of Steel Diver. No limit on how many copies you can trade in, and no questions. That was a good week. :D

Why does every thread in deals always turn into a damn flipper thread we get it,you like making a living flipping games for a 2 or 5 dollar profit.STFU already

Picked up PS4 Thief. I can risk a sucky purchase at that price.
You have no idea how sucky a purchase can be until you buy Thief. It won't seem bad at first, but I will be surprised if you can complete it. This is coming from the guy who played through Rogue Warrior, Ride to Hell, Risen 2 and a bunch of notoriously bad games. I got to the 4th chapter and couldn't stomach anymore. With that being said, an honest good luck to you. I hope you enjoy it.

Got Lego Movie for PS4.  Still debating Titanfall for Bone.  I had it and traded it in.  Gameplay is very solid but I didn't like dying every 10 seconds.  Maybe it's just not my style of game.

I picked up Theif earlier, Im willing to give it a chance at that price. If I hate it Im sure I can get most of my money back by selling it.

Got Lego Movie for PS4. Still debating Titanfall for Bone. I had it and traded it in. Gameplay is very solid but I didn't like dying every 10 seconds. Maybe it's just not my style of game.
The gameplay was amazing but the lack of content killed it for me.

Dang. I wish Lego Marvel would come back in stock on :ps4:

I'm tempted to pick up Titanfall on Xbone since I'm planning on getting an One in the next month or so but I might hold off.

As usual Gamefly sells out of everything within the first few hours, and only a few restocks will come in mainly for AAA games. Don't expect niche games like Ragnarok to come back into stock for this sale.

You have no idea how sucky a purchase can be until you buy Thief. It won't seem bad at first, but I will be surprised if you can complete it. This is coming from the guy who played through Rogue Warrior, Ride to Hell, Risen 2 and a bunch of notoriously bad games. I got to the 4th chapter and couldn't stomach anymore. With that being said, an honest good luck to you. I hope you enjoy it.
what? rogue warrior was a classic.

Damn, thought LEGO Marvel would come back in stock for PS4, been refreshing the page for the past half hour. Luigi's Mansion as well.

It's worth it for the
Rap in the credits. fuck watching it on youtube, by the time you finish the game you earned it.
my friend even made a tribute video for it, mickey rourke deserves an oscar for his performance in rogue warriors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy8bfp5D7pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVoyGUcXepc

Beyond two worth it?
If you liked heavy rains gameplay/story and TLOUs story definitely. Except for the rumored ps4 version possibly soonish, I'll probably buy that day one.

I rented it from Redbox a while back and played it straight through. Something like 12 hours if I remember correctly (Ps3 froze once like half way in, right after a check point)

Well, not even 24 hours have passed since submitting my order and I already have the games in my hands. (Knack and THIEF PS4). Fastest I've ever had my stuff delivered. Came straight from Los Angeles, which isn't that far from where I live.

I pounced on Deception IV.  I think it's still in stock, but I wanted to make sure.  $20 is more expensive than I usually go for with GF, but Deception IV just came out, and sometimes that series of games gets rare and collectable...

Deception? Four and a half months is not "just came out". It's not even that good. I liked Trapt on PS2 but this one adds nothing worthwhile to the series.

I did like hearing people's last words as I killed them, but that's not worth twenty bucks.

Why does every thread in deals always turn into a damn flipper thread we get you like to make you living flipping games for a 2 or 5 dollar profit.STFU already
You ain't even FREAKING kidding! Seems like every thread lately has turned into "ooo I can order it from one place, flip it to another place, and use it on credit for a third place... for a grand total of $5 profit!" Jesus.

So do they stop showing the game once its sold out? Cause I want to buy Deception but its only in the rent section and not the buy section.

Do u get game cases and manuals with gamefly used games
From the first sentence of the OP by Cheapy
"GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition."

Reading is fundamental.

bread's done
Back