Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All used games in the sale come with free shipping. Games come complete with manual, case, and online passes.
(If you don't see an option to BUY the game but only to RENT it along with "keep for $$$" on its page, than it is no longer available for purchase without a subscription as they currently only have enough copies marked for rental purposes. Be sure to check back in on this thread or the site itself as titles do come back in stock. In my experience, games get restocked around 10AM - 2PM EDT but YMMV.)

:pc:Cities XL 2012 $13.59
:pc:Cities XL 2012 Expansion $5.10

This post is wikified, feel free to update as new deals come out.

Link to Gamefly's twitter feed
Link to Gamefly's store page, sorted by price/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have bit on the PS3 SFvT because of the extra characters. Looks like I'll hold off for now. Wonder what Capcom will announce at E3 next week.

[quote name='Gosha']Wonder what Capcom will announce at E3 next week.[/QUOTE]
Resident Evil 7, 8, and 9 bundled together in a $1400 collector's edition.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Every time I buy a game with high metacritic ratings I'm disappointed, and every time I buy a game with low metacritic ratings I end up liking it.

Don't base enjoyability of a game upon online ratings. Play it first somewhere, buy it if you like it. I have to say though that it takes a lot to make a fighter a worthwhile game. I'll stick with Soul Calibur IV and V personally because the customization adds so much more re-playability.[/QUOTE]

I understand that. I like duke nukem forever. I think its really fun, but can't stand caterine. I can't force myself to continue that game. The only reason I brought that up was because he spoke for everyone saying "the general consensus is that the game sucks" that's obviously false though. Btw the customization in scv consists of making custom versions of existing characters. Outside of devil jin style there are no other original fighting styles. You can make the coolest looking character, but its still just a skin for maxi. Lol! Pretty lame to me. SCV is a decent game though.

[quote name='gmsick']I understand that. I like duke nukem forever. I think its really fun, but can't stand caterine. I can't force myself to continue that game. The only reason I brought that up was because he spoke for everyone saying "the general consensus is that the game sucks" that's obviously false though. Btw the customization in scv consists of making custom versions of existing characters. Outside of devil jin style there are no other original fighting styles. You can make the coolest looking character, but its still just a skin for maxi. Lol! Pretty lame to me. SCV is a decent game though.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played it, so I can't say a whole lot. I know how Tekken and Street Fighter play though, so I can't imagine SFxT will be all that impressing, but hey.

As for customization in SCV (or IV), it's a hell of a lot more customization than I've seen in other fighting games. You can call out some throwbacks like God Hand and Fighter Maker, but those are a little dated (God Hand is timeless, but it's also more of an RPG/fighter hybrid). There aren't many games that allow you to custom create a fighting style; at all. Coupled with the fact that there are loads of weapons for each character, many of which can be recolored piece by piece, it's the most customization I've ever seen in a fighting game, bar none.

But to each his own; if it's "pretty lame" to some I'm not sure what game they could call better in that field, but oh well.

EDIT: Or perhaps you're thinking you can only alter the game characters? You can make characters completely from scratch; alter every part of their body/muscles, choose from a good number of faces, hair styles, loads and loads of clothing (with much more unlockable), and once you've got that locked down you have at least 50 or so patterns with fully customizable colors to apply to each piece of equipment, more voices than the last game, etc etc etc. Seriously, the customization is literally intimidating. You can easily spend hours creating a single character.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gosha']Would have bit on the PS3 SFvT because of the extra characters. Looks like I'll hold off for now. Wonder what Capcom will announce at E3 next week.[/QUOTE]
Nothing mega man related I assume. Sven kinda said they want to focus on SF 25th before they focus on MM. :cry:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Resident Evil 7, 8, and 9 bundled together in a $1400 collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

With day 1 DLC unlocks included on each disc.

[quote name='plus1zero']With day 1 DLC unlocks included on each disc.[/QUOTE]
Well to be fair capcom said they won't do DLC on disc anymore but they didn't say anything about day 1 DLC. :bouncy:

Well all Capcom makes anymore is Resident Evil games. Y'know, forget about one of the most loved and popular and recognizable gaming characters of all time. Who's this Mega Man guy? What makes him so "mega"?

Is Gunstringer/fruit ninja worth it for $12.99? I don't have a kinect, but I plan on hopefully purchasing the Star Wars bundle soon (waiting another week on the off-chance there's a price drop announced at E3).

[quote name='Sonne']Get on Gunstringer. Bought it for $40 and it was worth it, considering it's three full games when the codes are included.[/QUOTE]

What is the 3rd game? I know about fruit ninja kinect.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Is Gunstringer/fruit ninja worth it for $12.99? I don't have a kinect, but I plan on hopefully purchasing the Star Wars bundle soon (waiting another week on the off-chance there's a price drop announced at E3).[/QUOTE]

Sooo worth it. Gunstringer is the best thing going on Kinect IMO.

Bit on SFxT, couldn't resist at this price although I'm positive it'll go even lower soon.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I haven't played it, so I can't say a whole lot. I know how Tekken and Street Fighter play though, so I can't imagine SFxT will be all that impressing, but hey.

As for customization in SCV (or IV), it's a hell of a lot more customization than I've seen in other fighting games. You can call out some throwbacks like God Hand and Fighter Maker, but those are a little dated (God Hand is timeless, but it's also more of an RPG/fighter hybrid). There aren't many games that allow you to custom create a fighting style; at all. Coupled with the fact that there are loads of weapons for each character, many of which can be recolored piece by piece, it's the most customization I've ever seen in a fighting game, bar none.

But to each his own; if it's "pretty lame" to some I'm not sure what game they could call better in that field, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Understandable. I just thought it was a step back starting with sc4. Sc3 had quite a few original styles for CaS. so you could mae a character that looked cool & played differently from the main roster. I also miss weapons having unique stats & properties from sc2. Like I said I personally think the character customization in scv is lame. I'm sure lots of people can have fun making dr doom and power ranger skins. I like seeing them. Its just a step back as a whole to me.

On topic sfxt should be tried by all. Even with its faults its worth a look. At $20 its a good chance to do so.

[quote name='GUNNM']Nothing mega man related I assume. Sven kinda said they want to focus on SF 25th before they focus on MM. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Haven't they been focusing on SF for the last 3-4 years as is?

[quote name='Turbojugend']Sooo worth it. Gunstringer is the best thing going on Kinect IMO.

Bit on SFxT, couldn't resist at this price although I'm positive it'll go even lower soon.[/QUOTE]

My friend said he'd sell me his unused Gunstringer/Fruit ninja dlc code for $10 flat. I've known him my whole life, so he's trustworthy. should I buy the code off him or buy the disc off gamefly. Someone mentioned earlier that this includes 3 games. I'm just wondering what the third game is and if it is included with the disc.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']My friend said he'd sell me his unused Gunstringer/Fruit ninja dlc code for $10 flat. I've known him my whole life, so he's trustworthy. should I buy the code off him or buy the disc off gamefly. Someone mentioned earlier that this includes 3 games. I'm just wondering what the third game is and if it is included with the disc.[/QUOTE]

Taken from Amazon, it appears the 3rd game is The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles.

[quote name='skiizim']When do the deals start now? I thought they began at 5pm?!?![/QUOTE]
Past two weeks or so they've started at 2PM PST.

[quote name='KSMKxRAGEx']I wonder if SF x T is any good like marvel vs capcom.[/QUOTE]

go watch a review and find out. IMO I enjoy MvC 3 cause its an easier game to play and it has marvel characters ;), but SFxT is still great espically at this price.

[quote name='coopscohen']Taken from Amazon, it appears the 3rd game is The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']My friend said he'd sell me his unused Gunstringer/Fruit ninja dlc code for $10 flat. I've known him my whole life, so he's trustworthy. should I buy the code off him or buy the disc off gamefly. Someone mentioned earlier that this includes 3 games. I'm just wondering what the third game is and if it is included with the disc.[/QUOTE]

I just ended up ordering it from gamefly now for an extra $3. I guess I'd rather have the physical disc instead of a digital game taking up hard drive space. Hopefully the disc arrives in good condition.

[quote name='GUNNM']Well to be fair capcom said they won't do DLC on disc anymore but they didn't say anything about day 1 DLC. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

"Well at least then we won't have already paid for the content and been locked out of using it!!!!" or some other dumb argument.

If they are going to stop putting it on discs, then I hope they do just hold it back and put it out Day One so people can complain more about that.

The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles is free DLC, or at least it was when last I checked. It really is like a whole separate game though, an awesome tribute to old-school arcade shooters like Mad Dog McCree. So good.

[quote name='sgr76']DAMNIT!!! Ok SFxT is truly the last one im buying til the fall.[/QUOTE]
Oh I love hearing people say this on CAG and they believe it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Oh I love hearing people say this on CAG and they believe it.[/QUOTE]

*Sigh* Who am i kidding :cry:

Can't buy SFxT on PS3 >.<
I'm assuming it's sold out or something, only option is new for $60, though still keep for $20...

I've been debating on the Gunstringer for awhile. I just got a kinect yesterday and I really like Twisted Pixel; but I have such a backlog and just bought a few more games recently. Oh well, I went ahead and ordered it lol.

I was just hoping to get an idea of it. For example the new MK seems really slow compared to the older ones. (Seems to take way too much skill) Tekken 5 is one my favorite fighters along with 4! Next to MVC

[quote name='Royal High Knight']go watch a review and find out. IMO I enjoy MvC 3 cause its an easier game to play and it has marvel characters ;), but SFxT is still great espically at this price.[/QUOTE]

I was just hoping to get an idea of it. For example the new MK seems really slow compared to the older ones. (Seems to take way too much skill) Tekken 5 is one my favorite fighters along with 4! Next to MVC!

[quote name='Draknight']fuck missed out on streets x tekken. That was my perfect price point fuck[/QUOTE]

Keep checking, sometimes over the course of the day, a few copies trickle in and become available for sale.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Been meaning to pick up Kirby's Epic Yarn!!![/QUOTE]
Its a fun game if you play it with your kids. THough that price is kinda high for a game that old. I picked it up from best buy for 7 bucks during thier X-mas madness game sales.

[quote name='KSMKxRAGEx']I was just hoping to get an idea of it. For example the new MK seems really slow compared to the older ones. (Seems to take way too much skill) Tekken 5 is one my favorite fighters along with 4! Next to MVC![/QUOTE]

I literally just finished playing a bit to try it out and I gotta say I'm actually pretty impressed with this game. It's not too straightforward because I couldn't readily grasp the gem system, but it plays very tight like SF4 with a much brisker pace. It's got a bit of zaniness though not as much as much as MvC3 and not nearly as fast-paced, but it holds up well on its own. The special moves, I've noticed, have been dumb downed a bit (something I'm guessing has become a trend for these crossover fighters to not alienate noobies).

I actually came back here to see if there were any copies still available to snag a couple for my bud and I, but I guess not. :hot:

[quote name='n8dawwg']Its a fun game if you play it with your kids. THough that price is kinda high for a game that old. I picked it up from best buy for 7 bucks during thier X-mas madness game sales.[/QUOTE]

$14.99 for Epic Yarn isn't high. Just because you found something half a year ago at a steal of a price doesn't mean that this isn't still a good deal.

THanks OP. Picked up Mario Sports for the kids.

Around 7:37pm last night the street fighter x ps3 version went shortly after that the 360. Gamefly use to be able to supply for a while. Now it is looking like amazon lightning deals. LOL

bread's done
Back