Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All used games in the sale come with free shipping. Games come complete with manual, case, and online passes.
(If you don't see an option to BUY the game but only to RENT it along with "keep for $$$" on its page, than it is no longer available for purchase without a subscription as they currently only have enough copies marked for rental purposes. Be sure to check back in on this thread or the site itself as titles do come back in stock. In my experience, games get restocked around 10AM - 2PM EDT but YMMV.)

:pc:Cities XL 2012 $13.59
:pc:Cities XL 2012 Expansion $5.10

This post is wikified, feel free to update as new deals come out.

Link to Gamefly's twitter feed
Link to Gamefly's store page, sorted by price/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
Well got my Ace Combat today, noticed it came from Pittsburgh so right away I knew I was going to have trouble. (I've had bad luck with that center.)

Opened the case up, and sure enough some good ol' chips, one is pretty big and feels rough. Plays just fine though, so I'm alright with it. But it'll be an awesome day when I actually get a game that ships from Austin instead. (I'm 30 minutes away from there ffs)

[quote name='technicalstylez']got my silent hill hd ps3 today- super fast considering it was a single game order. came from pittsburgh, even though i live in cali and usually get games from long beach distribution center.

that being said, No Chips! (i always get atleast minor chips) no scratches, nothing. disc looks brand new. to everyone claiming pittsburgh was the one; i believe.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eXiON']Well got my Ace Combat today, noticed it came from Pittsburgh so right away I knew I was going to have trouble. (I've had bad luck with that center.)

Opened the case up, and sure enough some good ol' chips, one is pretty big and feels rough. Plays just fine though, so I'm alright with it. But it'll be an awesome day when I actually get a game that ships from Austin instead. (I'm 30 minutes away from there ffs)[/QUOTE]

I'm curious how you know the games you guys ordered came from Pittsburgh? From the address label?

When I've ordered 2+ games and gotten tracking numbers, I tracked it from Southern CA to my house in Utah. When I recieved it, the return address was Pittsburgh PA.

What I'm trying to say is that the PA address may just be Gamefly's official mailing address that they use, but may not necessarily reflect where your games are coming from.

Not a big deal, just wanted to share.

postage address stamped on envelope. when i get games from so cal -long beach- the postage says long beach.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm curious how you know the games you guys ordered came from Pittsburgh? From the address label?

When I've ordered 2+ games and gotten tracking numbers, I tracked it from Southern CA to my house in Utah. When I recieved it, the return address was Pittsburgh PA.

What I'm trying to say is that the PA address may just be Gamefly's official mailing address that they use, but may not necessarily reflect where your games are coming from.

Not a big deal, just wanted to share.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']postage address stamped on envelope. when i get games from so cal -long beach- the postage says long beach.[/QUOTE]

I will pay attention to that from now on, and see what it says.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm curious how you know the games you guys ordered came from Pittsburgh? From the address label?

Not a big deal, just wanted to share.[/QUOTE]

Yup what technicalstylez said, I honestly don't even think I've gotten tracking numbers from Gamefly. Are they supposed to send you an e-mail with the tracking number? The only e-mails I ever get are the order status emails and those only say "Shipped", even on my Purchase History on the website that's all I ever see.

if your order is 2 games or more, they automatically upgrade u to free priority mail shipping and provide a tracking number that is accessible in your shipping notification email and in your gamefly account under order history.

[quote name='eXiON']Yup what technicalstylez said, I honestly don't even think I've gotten tracking numbers from Gamefly. Are they supposed to send you an e-mail with the tracking number? The only e-mails I ever get are the order status emails and those only say "Shipped", even on my Purchase History on the website that's all I ever see.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']if your order is 2 games or more, they automatically upgrade u to free priority mail shipping and provide a tracking number that is accessible in your shipping notification email and in your gamefly account under order history.[/QUOTE]
Oops, had a brainfart when I posted that. Forgot my recent purchases have all been seperated into several orders, no wonder.

[quote name='technicalstylez']if your order is 2 games or more, they automatically upgrade u to free priority mail shipping and provide a tracking number that is accessible in your shipping notification email and in your gamefly account under order history.[/QUOTE]

I'll repeat again, this doesn't always happen. I've ordered 2 games before in the same order and they shipped from 2 different warehouses so they didn't give a tracking number. If they have all games in stock at 1 warehouse I would assume you'd get a tracking number though.

if its shipped from 2 different warehouses then it becomes 2 different orders of 1 game each, which means they shipped via media/first class mail and explains why they didn't give u a tracking number.

[quote name='sunghost']I'll repeat again, this doesn't always happen. I've ordered 2 games before in the same order and they shipped from 2 different warehouses so they didn't give a tracking number. If they have all games in stock at 1 warehouse I would assume you'd get a tracking number though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Silent Hll collection came in today. Perfect condition. Very pleased. Looks brand new.[/QUOTE]

Might be because no one played it. :lol:

[quote name='technicalstylez']if its shipped from 2 different warehouses then it becomes 2 different orders of 1 game each, which means they shipped via media/first class mail and explains why they didn't give u a tracking number.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't become two orders. It's 1 order, they just ship from 2 different places which is why they don't use the faster shipping method. Anyway, it can happen. Just letting people know that it's not a good idea to order 2+ games just to get faster shipping, because it doesn't always provide you with faster shipping.

what you just said is what i meant to say. gotcha.

[quote name='sunghost']It doesn't become two orders. It's 1 order, they just ship from 2 different places which is why they don't use the faster shipping method. Anyway, it can happen. Just letting people know that it's not a good idea to order 2+ games just to get faster shipping, because it doesn't always provide you with faster shipping.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mitch079']Might be because no one played it. :lol:[/QUOTE]
That's definitely the case, the PS3 version was so screwed up. I bought it for $40 and was lucky to sell it for the same price I bought it for.

Yeah BF3 was just restocked around 4am EST. That is very strange time for them to restock games. I never saw that happen before. I just check GF.com to see about the deals for shits-n-giggles, but was shocked to see BF3 in-stock. That game has been sold-out since the beginning of the sale. Needless to say, I ordered a copy. Also, anyone who has received their copy of BF3 already, did you get the Limited Edition version that included the Back to Karkland DLC or was it the vanilla standard one? Thanks.

[quote name='swanz88']Yeah BF3 was just restocked around 4am EST. That is very strange time for them to restock games. I never saw that happen before. I just check GF.com to see about the deals for shits-n-giggles, but was shocked to see BF3 in-stock. That game has been sold-out since the beginning of the sale. Needless to say, I ordered a copy. Also, anyone who has received their copy of BF3 already, did you get the Limited Edition version that included the Back to Karkland DLC or was it the vanilla standard one? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Standard

Damn, the Karkland DLC was 50% off during the deal of the week not to long ago. I passed on getting it because I did not have the game yet. It sucks that the DLC is already on the disc but they force you to pay a fee to unlock it :( BTW, were the game discs in good condition (few scratches/chips)? This was a very popular and highly rented game so it may be more beat-up than usual. Also, does anyone know if Halo: CEA has come back in stock since selling-out on the 1st day? Seeing as how BF3 just came back, it seems hopeful that Halo will as well before the sale ends. BTW: I noticed that both games changed rental availability from high to NOW just recently.

my dead island (x360) from PA has small chips. this was my 2nd order from gamefly. my first order was in december (crysis 2 and portal 2). after reading this thread, i went back and looked at those discs. they have chips, too. but they are so small it's not a problem. plus i always install my games to the xbox hard drive before i play them so that helps.

[quote name='swanz88']Yeah BF3 was just restocked around 4am EST. That is very strange time for them to restock games. I never saw that happen before. I just check GF.com to see about the deals for shits-n-giggles, but was shocked to see BF3 in-stock. That game has been sold-out since the beginning of the sale. Needless to say, I ordered a copy. Also, anyone who has received their copy of BF3 already, did you get the Limited Edition version that included the Back to Karkland DLC or was it the vanilla standard one? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I rented it out BF3 while it was sold out and received the Limited Edition on both discs. I have yet to receive the actual case.

I dont think it matters though, you need to have the code to get B2K DLC.

Well just because you have the LE discs does NOT necessarily mean that they will send you the LE box w/ the DLC code. It is very possible that GF will send you a vanilla box w/o the B2K code. There is certainly a "luck of the draw" factor when buying used from GF.

[quote name='swanz88']Well just because you have the LE discs does NOT necessarily mean that they will send you the LE box w/ the DLC code. It is very possible that GF will send you a vanilla box w/o the B2K code. There is certainly a "luck of the draw" factor when buying used from GF.[/QUOTE]
Gamefly is known for always sending out online passes and DLC passes when you buy a game from them. This is the first I've ever heard of someone say anything about sometimes not getting things.

[quote name='thefinal87']Woot, they just shipped Catherine today, hit that "keep" button so hard, my fingers hurt.[/QUOTE]

That's the way to do it man! I'm glad you were able to get Catherine. Such as awesome game! :applause:

[quote name='thenutman69321']Gamefly is known for always sending out online passes and DLC passes when you buy a game from them. This is the first I've ever heard of someone say anything about sometimes not getting things.[/QUOTE]
Well what I'm trying to say is because he rented the game and then used the keep option to buy it, the discs and the case will come separately. Therefore, the rental sent him the LE discs but the purchase/keep may send him the standard edition box, which doesn't have the B2K codes.

I rented bf3 then hit keep it early sat but my order is still showing submitted. Any idea why it's taking do long for my order to go through? Can they choose to not let me keep it. Also if this makes a difference I am a free member

Dark Souls back in stock
Street Fighter X Tekken (back?) in stock
Final Fantasy XIII-2 360 (back?) in stock.
Ace combat ps3 in stock.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3 in stock.

I got my HALO Anniversary yesterday, I've never seen a disc with so many chips on it. It played fine though and I saved it to the hard drive. I've never saved a game to the hard drive, I know you still need the disc in for it, but once it's saved like that it shouldn't matter how much the disc gets scratched anymore right?

[quote name='ctclements']I got my HALO Anniversary yesterday, I've never seen a disc with so many chips on it. It played fine though and I saved it to the hard drive. I've never saved a game to the hard drive, I know you still need the disc in for it, but once it's saved like that it shouldn't matter how much the disc gets scratched anymore right?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

Edit: As long as it doesn't get scratched further where your XBox cannot recognize it as a game disc.

[quote name='ctclements']I got my HALO Anniversary yesterday, I've never seen a disc with so many chips on it. It played fine though and I saved it to the hard drive. I've never saved a game to the hard drive, I know you still need the disc in for it, but once it's saved like that it shouldn't matter how much the disc gets scratched anymore right?[/QUOTE]

I'm still hoping to get Halo: CEA from this sale. That sucks your copy is so badly chipped and beaten up, it makes me worry about buying used games from GF. But to answer your question, once the game is installed to the hard drive, the xbox still reads/checks the game when it boots up. If it installed 100%, you should be fine. However, you should try to prevent addition damage to the disc as much as possible. If the disc is in such bad condition to the point where the xbox cannot read what the game is anymore, then you won't be able to play the game even if it's installed to the HDD.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's the way to do it man! I'm glad you were able to get Catherine. Such as awesome game! :applause:[/QUOTE]

No one sings this game's praise more than you. And, I'll hand it to you -- you're persistent. So much so, that I was convinced to try it out. LOL, can it really be that good? My order came in Saturday, so we'll see.

BTW, does Gamefly always ship so quickly? It only took 2 days to receive my order. I always figured the service wouldn't be worth it given the amount time I thought it would take to return and send out games. I could actually see the subscription being a good deal if they consistently move games like this.

I have been trying to buy Halo: CEA, but it has been sold out forever. Also, alot of people have been complaining about the poor condition of the disc GF sent them (lots of chips/scratches). I just saw on another thread that the Microsoft store is selling Halo CEA for $20 w/ FS. Is it worth a few more $$ to get a new copy from the MS store and forget GF?

[quote name='swanz88']I have been trying to buy Halo: CEA, but it has been sold out forever. Also, alot of people have been complaining about the poor condition of the disc GF sent them (lots of chips/scratches). I just saw on another thread that the Microsoft store is selling Halo CEA for $20 w/ FS. Is it worth a few more $$ to get a new copy from the MS store and forget GF?[/QUOTE]

Its really up to you. While some people have had issues with chips, I've ordered a handful of games from GF over the last year or so and never had any problems. I'm sure there is an equal or greater amount of people that haven't had that problem - we just haven't heard them. People like to sing out when there is a problem, as they should. How often do you hear people saying that everything went perfectly? Not nearly as often.

If I went out to eat last night and everything went as expected, it isn't very noteworthy. If I found a finger in my soup, I'd probably let you guys know.

Crap. I thought I was in the clear when I saw my SH:HD came from Pittsburgh but boy, was I wrong. The disc had numerous chips and had smudges everywhere. I hoped the game was good enough to play but alas, it was not.

Good thing GF customer service is snappy and sent me a Fedex return package and a refund within 12 hours of sending them an email.

Seems like I've been having the worst of luck with defective games from AWD and now GF. :cry:

My Halo Anniversary did not include the slipcover. Not a huge deal, I'm just a completist freak and kind of wanted to have it. Asked GF on the off chance they have a spare. Haven't had any problems with chipped discs though.

bread's done
Back