GameFly March 2012 Sale - Under $15 Blowout

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthly used game sale is returns with under $15 prices and free shipping on sale items. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 3/26.

L.A. Noire $8.99
Homefront $9.99
Crysis 2 $9.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $12.99
:ps3: MLB 11: The Show $12.99
:ps3: Rage $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:ps3: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $9.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
:ps3: X-Men: Destiny $9.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

:360: Bulletstorm $7.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2$12.99
:360: Driver: San Francisco$12.99
:360: Portal 2 $12.99
:360: Alice: Madness Returns$14.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $8.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $8.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $8.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:360: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $9.99
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11 $9.99
:360: Medal of Honor $9.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:360: Rage $12.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:360: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year $14.99

:wii: Call of Duty:Black Ops $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $14.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 3 $14.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Santa Claus is Comin' to Town $7.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $9.99
:wii: Driver: San Francisco $9.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:wii: Smurfs Dance Party $9.99
:wii: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 $12.99
:wii: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $12.99
:wii: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $12.99
:wii: Phineas & Ferb: Across the Second Dimension $12.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Yoink, grabbed a copy of Space Marines for PS3. Anymore it seems I can never catch the Gamefly deals when they go live cause I'm at work, but always seem to get luck with restocks. Thanks for the heads up, ck76

Captain America and Green Lantern came last night and damn are they messed up. One disc has a dozen chips along the edge while the other has some chips along with three scratches, two superficial and one serious business scratch... I've gotten probably 50 games from GameFly over the years and only one was too damaged to play so this weekend I'll test out the one with the scratch to see if it's ok.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Yoink, grabbed a copy of Space Marines for PS3. Anymore it seems I can never catch the Gamefly deals when they go live cause I'm at work, but always seem to get luck with restocks. Thanks for the heads up, ck76[/QUOTE]

No worries, I tend to be in the same boat and appreciate others mentioned re-stocks, so happy to mention it. (after bought one for myself... ;) )

My copy of Warhammer came pretty messed up. I tried to install it to the HDD and no go. Called customer support and set up a return. Lame. Prior to this i bought Portal 2 on the 360 and that came kinda messed up too but at least it installed to the HDD ok.

[quote name='therealdeal19']As a X-men fan, is X-Men Destiny worth the $9.99?[/QUOTE]

based on reviews it's probably not. I'm an x-men fan as well but i did not like the idea that we cannot play as any of the x-men.

My Deus Ex showed up in pretty good shape. Couple of chips, couple of minor scratches. I want to install it tonight, but I don't foresee any problems. I'd say 75% of my GF games come chipped and scratched. I really wonder about people that call their disc condition "pristine". I've got a feeling that word is being thrown around very loose. Out of the 12 or so I've ordered over time, 8 have been quite cosmetically jacked up. I'd call 1/12 of the discs "very good" condition.

It seems highly unlikely that everyone else really is getting flawless discs, but for some odd reason I'm not, rather my guess is that maybe it's common for you guys to have small scratches on games in your collection, smudges, etc. so the condition of the GF discs is as good as the rest of your collection. For me, there is seldom a fingerprint on the underside of the disc. One thing that is incredible with GF, the manual and cases are always like new.

[quote name='berzirk']My Deus Ex showed up in pretty good shape. Couple of chips, couple of minor scratches. I want to install it tonight, but I don't foresee any problems. I'd say 75% of my GF games come chipped and scratched. I really wonder about people that call their disc condition "pristine". I've got a feeling that word is being thrown around very loose. Out of the 12 or so I've ordered over time, 8 have been quite cosmetically jacked up. I'd call 1/12 of the discs "very good" condition.

It seems highly unlikely that everyone else really is getting flawless discs, but for some odd reason I'm not, rather my guess is that maybe it's common for you guys to have small scratches on games in your collection, smudges, etc. so the condition of the GF discs is as good as the rest of your collection. For me, there is seldom a fingerprint on the underside of the disc. One thing that is incredible with GF, the manual and cases are always like new.[/QUOTE]
Out of 11 games i've had 1 be chipped and none scratched. Every one else was in perfect condition basically. 8 of those were PS3 which helps but still.

I don't doubt that alot of people have gotten basically pristine discs. I'll find a fingerprint every once and awhile or some dust but nothing that can't be simply wiped off.

[quote name='therealdeal19']As a X-men fan, is X-Men Destiny worth the $9.99?[/QUOTE]

Its not a great game by any means but i got it when it was 1.99 on gamefly and thought i got a goood deal and am enjoying it.

If you like x-men and you don't mind them taking liberties with the characters and want a beat um up with light rpg elements go for it

Got my L.A. Noire in the mail today. I have to say as my first skeptical purchase (because I hate chipped discs) on gamefly (and hearing so many CAG been getting perfect condition discs), I am very unhappy. The disc was scratched in 2 spots, chips all around the edges. I will think twice before ordering from them again.

EDIT: Going to return and hopefully buy L.A. Noire cheap from somewhere else

[quote name='L0sther0']Its not a great game by any means but i got it when it was 1.99 on gamefly and thought i got a goood deal and am enjoying it.

If you like x-men and you don't mind them taking liberties with the characters and want a beat um up with light rpg elements go for it[/QUOTE]
When did gamefly have xmen for 1.99?

[quote name='berzirk']It seems highly unlikely that everyone else really is getting flawless discs, but for some odd reason I'm not, rather my guess is that maybe it's common for you guys to have small scratches on games in your collection, smudges, etc. so the condition of the GF discs is as good as the rest of your collection. For me, there is seldom a fingerprint on the underside of the disc. One thing that is incredible with GF, the manual and cases are always like new.[/QUOTE]

Just a roll of the dice. I have no problem believing all these people are getting pristine discs. I've ordered maybe 6 games from them over time and have never had anything wrong with the disc and case. 100% perfect condition, as if it was a brand new game.

i bought warhammer, fear 3, xmen destiny, and brotherhood...obviously the manuals/cases/artwork were in pristine condition

the discs obviously had some minor wear, but no chips or anything major

i am really happy with my purchase!

[quote name='born2kill']i'm in nyc & it usually takes like 5 days. But it could vary. I once got my games 2days after ordering.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually got the shipping notice while I was at lunch today, so hopefully it doesn't take too long. Here's to hoping that Alice isn't too beat up, after hearing some of the horror stories of cracked and chipped discs, I'm a little leery of gamefly but I couldn't pass up the prices this time.

Bought Killzone 3 and FEAR 3 for PS3. Have ordered plenty of games from Gamefly.
Only had one that didn't work and returning it and getting a refund was super easy.

I even got the refund before I mailed the game back out to them. (which they paid for postage)

i've bought dozens of games from GF, and all are scuffed up. None are pristine. The case/manual are like new. The games, cosmetically, are far from it

All of mine have come with chips but they don't affect the game one bit so who really cares? Always come complete and work perfectly fine.
*Can't say anything about 360 discs as I don't own one, but can't go wrong ordering PS3 games through GameFly.*

[quote name='Brother Daz']Got my el shaddai and space marine yesterday, both are in awesome condition.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I hope I have similar results when I receive my copy of El Shaddai.

My Portal 2 for 360 game in yesterday. I can tell it was terribly scratched up and they resurfaced the disc. I've had it freeze a few times even after installing. Great game though.

All of mine came with chips, and a few like Crysis 2 couldn't be played.

[quote name='akir']All of mine have come with chips but they don't affect the game one bit so who really cares? Always come complete and work perfectly fine.
*Can't say anything about 360 discs as I don't own one, but can't go wrong ordering PS3 games through GameFly.*[/QUOTE]

Those of you getting bad discs, which warehouse is it sent out from? I get my games from the Pittsburgh, PA facility. Games arrive at my home always in 2-3 days after I order. I always get like new case and manuals with un-used online passes if the game has them. I only order PS3 games and they all range from great to like new condition after I wipe off the dust and fingerprints. My only gripe is I do sometimes get discs with chipped off parts near the edge like others have mentioned but I have only noticed this starting from last year. I have ordered used games from gamefly since 2008 and never experienced seeing part of the disc's edge chipped off before.

I just recieved my Xbox 360 Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and there are chips around the edge of the game, This game is a gift for my sons birthday next month, with the chips affect the gameplay, should I send it back now? I have bought a lot of used games in the past and have never seen the chips on a game disc before. Why would gamefly have so many games with chips on them, just curious, I dont think I will be ordering from them again.

Got the two games I ordered today for the 360, Captain America and LA Noire.
Cap looked like it had never been used, and is currently playing perfectly fine. LAN looks a little scratched, plus the case was cracked.

My PS3 Space Marines was near mint condition, the case and manual were mint, the disc had only 1 very tiny chip, almost didn't notice it at first pass.

[quote name='vince726']I just recieved my Xbox 360 Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and there are chips around the edge of the game, This game is a gift for my sons birthday next month, with the chips affect the gameplay, should I send it back now? I have bought a lot of used games in the past and have never seen the chips on a game disc before. Why would gamefly have so many games with chips on them, just curious, I dont think I will be ordering from them again.[/QUOTE]

Install the game to your Xbox 360 hard drive. If it goes to 100% then you should have no issues playing it.

[quote name='Rozz']Install the game to your Xbox 360 hard drive. If it goes to 100% then you should have no issues playing it.[/QUOTE]

I was going to recommend that. I do that every time I get a game from them. My copy of El Shaddai showed up today; however, I'm at work. I'll check it out when I get home.

[quote name='vince726']I I have bought a lot of used games in the past and have never seen the chips on a game disc before. Why would gamefly have so many games with chips on them, just curious, I dont think I will be ordering from them again.[/QUOTE]

The chips happen when the disks are put through mail sorting machines. For their rental customers, gamefly's main business, they ship only the disks in thin envelopes, not the padded/boxed mail they use when they ship the games they sell.

Got Dead Space 2 today, mint condition, case and discs with unused online pass. I was worried there with so many people saying they are getting chipped discs lately. Now hopefully Portal 2 will be just as nice.

Got my AC Brotherhood on 360. Disc was in complete poop condition, but the case was brand new, with just a slit microsoft seal.

Not going to order 360 games from them anymore ha. Blu rays FTW

darn i slept on Dungeon siege PS3 at the beginning of the sale now kind of regretting it. i've seen other games go in and out of stock but Dungeon siege has stayed oos

Got my copy of Shadows of the Damned for the X360, case/manual in excellent condition, game disk had only a few extremely light scratches and 2 very small chips around the edge right by each other. Game installed and is playing fine though.

Received my Dead Space 2 (PS3) today. PS3 discs from gamefly usually come in good condition, but not this time. Disc were chipped on five small locations, but the game is still playable (at least for the first two hours of gameplay). Like always, case is in mint condition and online pass is included.

You don't believe us? Click below for picture proofs of all 5 games I had purchased from Gamefly.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']My crysis 2 and dead space2 both came with there codes un-use
i was surprise

bread's done
Back