GameFly March 2012 Sale - Under $15 Blowout

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthly used game sale is returns with under $15 prices and free shipping on sale items. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 3/26.

L.A. Noire $8.99
Homefront $9.99
Crysis 2 $9.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $12.99
:ps3: MLB 11: The Show $12.99
:ps3: Rage $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:ps3: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $9.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
:ps3: X-Men: Destiny $9.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

:360: Bulletstorm $7.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2$12.99
:360: Driver: San Francisco$12.99
:360: Portal 2 $12.99
:360: Alice: Madness Returns$14.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $8.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $8.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $8.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:360: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $9.99
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11 $9.99
:360: Medal of Honor $9.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:360: Rage $12.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:360: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year $14.99

:wii: Call of Duty:Black Ops $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $14.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 3 $14.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Santa Claus is Comin' to Town $7.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $9.99
:wii: Driver: San Francisco $9.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:wii: Smurfs Dance Party $9.99
:wii: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 $12.99
:wii: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $12.99
:wii: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $12.99
:wii: Phineas & Ferb: Across the Second Dimension $12.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Investor']You don't believe us? Click below for picture proofs of all 5 games I had purchased from Gamefly.[/QUOTE]
It just takes me to your profile

Whoever hasn't played Shadows of the Damned, imo it's the best game of the lot. Underrated game with tons of great humor (albiet Dirty humor but it's all fun and games). One of the only games I've played recently that I could not put down until I finished it.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Whoever hasn't played Shadows of the Damned, imo it's the best game of the lot. Underrated game with tons of great humor (albiet Dirty humor but it's all fun and games). One of the only games I've played recently that I could not put down until I finished it.[/QUOTE]

Just started playing it. Definitely a strange game, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

The manual, box, and disc for El Shaddai was in mint condition. There was a small scratch on the disc, but it should work just fine. Going to install it when I get home.

Edit: Installed 100%. GameFly comes through again! :clap: Now for Catherine and Driver San Francisco for $9.99. Come on!

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Whoever hasn't played Shadows of the Damned, imo it's the best game of the lot. Underrated game with tons of great humor (albiet Dirty humor but it's all fun and games). One of the only games I've played recently that I could not put down until I finished it.[/QUOTE]

I just got it too and it's straight up garbage. I don't know how anybody who ever had sex can enjoy this game. Gameplay is outdated, middle school jokes, camera is junk, control are horrible, linear, and the main character is an emo pantsy.

[quote name='finstersucks']I just got it too and it's straight up garbage. I don't know how anybody who ever had sex can enjoy this game. Gameplay is outdated, middle school jokes, camera is junk, control are horrible, linear, and the main character is an emo pantsy.[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone has been popping some cranky pills..

First time I've ordered from GF. The copy of AC Brotherhood came with the edges chipped it was the PS3 version. The box was perfect though.. but sadly the chipped edge bothers me enough to return it.

Got my copy of Xmen Destiny the other day. Finally got around to playing it. It's not as bad as everyone keeps saying. If I had bought it for $60, I admit I'd be pissed. But it's a fun beatem-up for $10.

[quote name='pdjones']Got my copy of Xmen Destiny the other day. Finally got around to playing it. It's not as bad as everyone keeps saying. If I had bought it for $60, I admit I'd be pissed. But it's a fun beatem-up for $10.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree. For 60$ it is a rip-off, but for 10$ I really liked it.

All my GF purchases are great quality, maybe some minor chips here or there, but I'm so glad I prefer PLAYING games to running my tongue down the edge of the disc.

Gamefly has become my exclusive source for games with these amazing sales. They do these EVERY month now?

Click on the disc picture on the right side of the profile to take you to the phot album.

[quote name='Investor']You don't believe us? Click below for picture proofs of all 5 games I had purchased from Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GUNNM']It just takes me to your profile[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GT']All my GF purchases are great quality, maybe some minor chips here or there, but I'm so glad I prefer PLAYING games to running my tongue down the edge of the disc.

Gamefly has become my exclusive source for games with these amazing sales. They do these EVERY month now?[/QUOTE]
Yeah but scratched and chipped discs (especially the latter because of irregular spin) is bad for your drive, even if not considering my OCD about disc quality.

[quote name='TooPoor']Yeah but scratched and chipped discs (especially the latter because of irregular spin) is bad for your drive[/QUOTE]

Chips that small will likely be well within the allowable tolerances for optical drives used in game consoles.

Furthermore, the chips or cracks that would be the cause for most concern would be those located on the inner ring of the disc, as they could propagate outward causing catastrophic failure. From everything I've read in various GameFly threads, the chips (and sometimes cracks) seem to be limited to the outer ring of the disc.

I wouldn't be concerned about small chips or indentations on the outer part of the disc, but discs with cracks should probably be sent back especially if they extend into the readable part of the media.

Even though I ordered a couple of games the other day, I went ahead and ordered Portal 2 (keep it now), Tron Evolution, Medal of Honor and Lego Pirates of the Caribbean all for just under $40 with my $5 off coupon. Should be set till the holidays...lol.

received :ps3:Alice yesterday in the mail, I was surprised I didn't think it would show till next week since i put the order in Wednesday night. Everything is mint and came with the pass for the original Alice, will be on the lookout for more deals :)

[quote name='finstersucks']I just got it too and it's straight up garbage. I don't know how anybody who ever had sex can enjoy this game. Gameplay is outdated, middle school jokes, camera is junk, control are horrible, linear, and the main character is an emo pantsy.[/QUOTE]
rant/Honestly I never understood the macho "oh I've had sex approach" on Cheapassgamer, Yes sex is fun, no it doesn't change the way you see on life. You don't suddenly change your taste in humor or outlook after it. I still love poptarts and Dirty jokes /rantover. As for the game, yeah it's not for everyone. Suda has his unique style but everyone should at least give it a try.

Got all three of my games over the weekend, but I just got home so I had a look at them.

Portal 2 - Scratched fairly bad, some chips.
Captain America - Scratched even worse, some chips.
Deus Ex - The best looking out of all three, slight scratches, no chips.

They all look okay at best, but I haven't tried them yet. Here's hoping.

Everyone of my PS3 games ordered from GF has always had several chips in the past. On rare occasions blu-rays were beat up. Good thing they don't have gamestop stickers on them!

The only problem with the game is no "new game +" mode. I would've played this game through twice back-to-back. Very RE4.

Does anyone know if Portal 2 for 360 will restock again or should I just go ahead and get a free trial then buy it? Or is it even worth the hassle. Thanks.

I'm willing to take a chance Have ordered from Best Buy and Gohastings used and got games complete. A couple of cases were generic and one original case had a small cut in the plastic.

[quote name='xxkae']Does anyone know if Portal 2 for 360 will restock again or should I just go ahead and get a free trial then buy it? Or is it even worth the hassle. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing about the trial and buy since we do not know if it will restock. Reviews say that its an amazing game. :applause:

[quote name='chazman14']I was thinking the same thing about the trial and buy since we do not know if it will restock. Reviews say that its an amazing game. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Top 3 of last year, and a debatable number 1 contender for the title of GOTY.

I'm bummed LA Noire and Portal 2 never came back in stock for PS3 (that I know of). Lame that they were sold out even before I got an email from Gamefly notifying me of the sale.

Since Shadows of the Damned has been mentioned, I liked it, but twice had a pretty big bug that one time totally stopped my progression.

There are some enemies whose death triggers the opening of doors. Fairly late in the game, I killed the enemy, but the door remained closed. I could walk into the invisible wall where his body was.

Reloading the checkpoint resulted in the same problem. Nothing I tried would make it so his death triggered the door opening. There was always the same invisible remnant.

My only option was to restart the game, but I was close to the end. So I didn't ever beat it. Glad I only rented it. I'd be more upset if I plunked down full price (or even $20) only to have my progression stopped.

[quote name='Psychonik']Anyone get discs that weren't chipped?[/QUOTE]
My copy of Dark Souls has some significant scratches, but no chips. And it seems to play fine.

[quote name='placebo3369']I'm bummed LA Noire and Portal 2 never came back in stock for PS3 (that I know of). Lame that they were sold out even before I got an email from Gamefly notifying me of the sale.[/QUOTE]They've been in and out of stock. I ordered L.A. Noire on Saturday and saw Portal 2 come back in stock at least twice. Someone posted above me that it is in stock now.

Damn you gamefly I received xmen destiny with some chips on the outer edge and it halted my progress so I can not even beat stage 5.I was so getting into it too but I'm returning it and buying it again

[quote name='htz']Those of you getting bad discs, which warehouse is it sent out from? I get my games from the Pittsburgh, PA facility. Games arrive at my home always in 2-3 days after I order. I always get like new case and manuals with un-used online passes if the game has them. I only order PS3 games and they all range from great to like new condition after I wipe off the dust and fingerprints. My only gripe is I do sometimes get discs with chipped off parts near the edge like others have mentioned but I have only noticed this starting from last year. I have ordered used games from gamefly since 2008 and never experienced seeing part of the disc's edge chipped off before.[/QUOTE]

I think I've received mine from Pittsburgh and eastern California if I remember right. My Bayonetta disc from awhile back was acting real funny. Chips and scratches, but fortunately I was able to beat it, and it can go back into the collection now.

Picked up Portal 2 and Crysis 2! :D
Anyone ever try Crysis2 on console? How does it compare with the PC version? My requirements for my laptop were a bit low so I decided to snag it for PS3.

[quote name='redmangoose']Picked up Portal 2 and Crysis 2! :D
Anyone ever try Crysis2 on console? How does it compare with the PC version? My requirements for my laptop were a bit low so I decided to snag it for PS3.[/QUOTE]
Not even comparable if you ask me, and I'm a Sony fanboy.

You mean graphics wise?
I just thought I'd get it since 10 bucks is the cheapest I've seen it and it's not available on Steam
nor is it as cheap on Origin which I don't use.
Damn should've thought this through before buying. Is there anyway to cancel my order or get a refund?

[quote name='placebo3369']
Since Shadows of the Damned has been mentioned, I liked it, but twice had a pretty big bug that one time totally stopped my progression.

There are some enemies whose death triggers the opening of doors. Fairly late in the game, I killed the enemy, but the door remained closed. I could walk into the invisible wall where his body was.

Reloading the checkpoint resulted in the same problem. Nothing I tried would make it so his death triggered the door opening. There was always the same invisible remnant.

My only option was to restart the game, but I was close to the end. So I didn't ever beat it. Glad I only rented it. I'd be more upset if I plunked down full price (or even $20) only to have my progression stopped.[/QUOTE]
I thought there was an option to restart the last checkpoint and one to restart the current level. I could be wrong, but I swear I saw that on the pause screen

Happy to report that the copy of Portal 2 (PS3) that I ordered late last Monday night has arrived chip-free, complete with an unused code for the Steam version. This is the Gamefly I know and love, unlike the copy of Catherine (360) I got during last month's sale, which came in the worst condition I've ever seen from Gamefly: lots of minor surface scratches, and two or three tiny nicks along the edge.

I mean, it was still worlds better than the sort of condition you get from GameStop... just not quite what I've come to expect from Gamefly.

I got my copies of Dark Souls(ps3) & Alice(360) today, I think they may have actually beat Amazon for fast shipping.

DS is in very good condition with 2 or 3 minor edge chips, so overall I'm happy about that. Unfortunately Alice is significantly scratched up (no chips, though), it did install to 100% so I don't know if I should see if I can swap it for another copy or just have it resurfaced at a local place for a couple dollars.

Just got my copy of Driver for the 360 but with a twist. The game came in a Dark Souls case. I haven't touched the game yet but is their a online pass in the Driver case that I need to play online for the 360? If so, I guess I'm gonna have to contact Gamefly then. This is the first time since Gamefly did these sales that I actually have something to complain about. To be honest, I really don't care about the cases except if I need a online pass which I have to act on then.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Just got my copy of Driver for the 360 but with a twist. The game came in a Dark Souls case. I haven't touched the game yet but is their a online pass in the Driver case that I need to play online for the 360? If so, I guess I'm gonna have to contact Gamefly then. This is the first time since Gamefly did these sales that I actually have something to complain about. To be honest, I really don't care about the cases except if I need a online pass which I have to act on then.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is an online pass, but there was a problem with it when the game released so Ubisoft made it free. I'm not sure if it's still free, but just check it out on XBL to see if it is.

[quote name='Tsel']Yes, there is an online pass, but there was a problem with it when the game released so Ubisoft made it free. I'm not sure if it's still free, but just check it out on XBL to see if it is.[/QUOTE]
Well, I'll see if that free pass is still enable when I check out the game later on. Thanks!

bread's done
Back