GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BudzMcGee']Gotcha, guessing that's for the PS3 version since that pretty much never happens for Xbox games. Which also explains why I was clueless.[/QUOTE]

Both consoles. It was ea's version of an online pass for this game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Both consoles. It was ea's version of an online pass for this game.[/QUOTE]

Oh weird, amazon didn't mention it. Thanks.

[quote name='taylort3']seriously, alice is kinda weak. and if your excited for the original? dont be. its nearly broken and handles incredibly poorly, even given that this game is rather old. pass on this weaksauce game!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for your opinion. But I rented and beat it and I'm still picking it up to have at this price.

Dang these nightly deals!!! im in for Alice for the 360 . Best buy already dropped their trade in vallue only getting 9 or 10 dollars.!!! Another game to get to my growing backlog

[quote name='bardockkun']America McGee's Alice is TERRIBLE in this day and age.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='taylort3']seriously, alice is kinda weak. and if your excited for the original? dont be. its nearly broken and handles incredibly poorly, even given that this game is rather old. pass on this weaksauce game!![/QUOTE]

American McGee's Alice is very rough around the edges, and not all that fun. I wouldn't call it terrible or broken though.

[quote name='pasolini']I actually want all three games tonight, but I'm wary despite your reassurances because no less than 5 games I bought on the nightly sales last month dropped in price during the bigger sale.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Alice looks interesting, but I can wait it out since I have a backlog. Two of the last three games I bought dropped in price a couple of weeks later. I would have saved around $15 if I waited.

I understand that things will get cheaper over time, but c'mon. Fool me once... And if I miss out? Eh. I probably don't need to spend so much on games anyway.

I had a weird experience with Hunted. When I tried to do co-op with the game, it became unplayable because we would just die almost instantly. My buddy said that he didn't have that problem while playing the single player.

Awesome deal on Noire and Alice. Been waiting for these prices.

I debated about saving $5 over my "in process" Alice order from BB, but the CAG in me won out. Hey, I used to be able to get a Target clearance game for that price. Also, I am a OA (old ass) CAG so "The Jefferson Airplane" lyric clue was pretty obvious to me.

Is Alice guaranteed to have the code for the original d/l included?

And is shipping free for random customers?

[quote name='artego']Is Alice guaranteed to have the code for the original d/l included?

And is shipping free for random customers?[/QUOTE]

For nightly deals it is free shipping. When you rent games, you are not given the code so they should have the code unused but they do not guarantee it.

[quote name='artego']Is Alice guaranteed to have the code for the original d/l included?

And is shipping free for random customers?[/QUOTE]

Cheapy says in the OP that it will come with the online pass, for what that's worth.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Cheapy says in the OP that it will come with the online pass, for what that's worth.[/QUOTE]
The truth tends to be worth a lot.

[quote name='Kaltic']The truth tends to be worth a lot.[/QUOTE]

I've had a couple of gamefly games come with codes that had already been used.

[quote name='mac101010']Based on previous sales, I have a sneaking suspicion that all these might go down further. Might as well wait it out.[/QUOTE]

They've exactly what happened with No More Heroes. During a nightly sale, it was $16.99. Then the next month it was $9.99. I can't tell you how long I waited for that game to go back in stock. Glad I was able to smash a copy.

Dont feel like flipping back pages to see if this was already posted but Catherine is $25 with FS. I would jump on this deal, but I want to see what BB is going to do this month with the game.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Dont feel like flipping back pages to see if this was already posted but Catherine is $25 with FS. I would jump on this deal, but I want to see what BB is going to do this month with the game.[/QUOTE]
Unless I'm missing something.. Catherine doesn't have free shipping.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']They've exactly what happened with No More Heroes. During a nightly sale, it was $16.99. Then the next month it was $9.99. I can't tell you how long I waited for that game to go back in stock. Glad I was able to smash a copy.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened with Dead Space 2. I bought it for $12.99 (Not a big deal, but didn't even play it cause of my backlog) and it was at $9.99 during the monthly sale.

I betcha these will definitely go down, either later this month or by the next. :D

[quote name='sunghost']Unless I'm missing something.. Catherine doesn't have free shipping.[/QUOTE]

it does if you have membership

[quote name='sunghost']Unless I'm missing something.. Catherine doesn't have free shipping.[/QUOTE]
\
my bad bro. I couldnt really see the font that good. All I saw was free shipping in gold. Its only for new copies, but for $25 used its a good price.

LA Noire's worth the $15. Not certain about the other two. Does Alice for ps3 come with the free copy of the first game?

[quote name='eXiON']Same thing happened with Dead Space 2. I bought it for $12.99 (Not a big deal, but didn't even play it cause of my backlog) and it was at $9.99 during the monthly sale.

I betcha these will definitely go down, either later this month or by the next. :D[/QUOTE]

It happens man. It's hard for me to say no to a game that's less than $14.99. Especially everyone game came out three months or so ago.

FUUUUUUU-

Just say no...so hard. I have the same feeling it'll be lower later. Still have quite the backlog.

And about Catherine?

I'm about to put this game into the microwave. I'm taking a break from it right now. The challenge was fun at first, but after the first half it's just masochism.

I'm about to put Killzone in and say the hell with it, but I got to the checkpoint this time, so I kind of have to finish it, lest I start all the way from the start.

I would jump on Alice but I figured that I will just spend 5 extra dollars and get a brand new one from bestbuy. That way I get a guaranteed great condition copy and I support the developer at the same time :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']I would jump on Alice but I figured that I will just spend 5 extra dollars and get a brand new one from bestbuy. That way I get a guaranteed great condition copy and I support the developer at the same time :)[/QUOTE]

Nothing says supporting a developer quite like waiting six months and buying the game for 66% off.

Im getting a bit bothered how every time i try to get in on a deal, even though its listed online as being there and in stock it says i cant.

I tried to order it from Bestbuy but it says it cant be ordered online. I had ordered like a week ago on the day of the orders the bioshock 2 LE for like 9.99 and SWTFU2 for a few bucks...and they go back ordered and have been since.But thats fine if it gets sold out, i just get pumped when i see it still listed and showing as if its available and then you go to order and you cant.

How are pre owned gamefly copies of games?

looking forward to what the other deals are. and if not, i'm sure i can convince myself of one of them as friday's deal drags through the weekend, haha..

Alice seems okay. I may bite at $5-10. LA Noire will be cheaper soon, don't really care for RockStar's games anymore... again a $5-10er for me. It'll probably have a GOTY version just like all RockStar games do, so maybe I'll just wait on that fucker.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']How are pre owned gamefly games guys, they come in mint condition almost?[/QUOTE]

uh...no they do not, they were rentals

bread's done
Back