Gamefly Used Games Sale -

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All of the following :shipfree: and include all codes, manuals, and case. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. They only do refunds, no exchanges.
Offers good while supplies last or until Noon PST on 11/?.

The following are not part of today's deals but do come with free shipping
:wii: Winter Sports 3: The Great Tournament $9.99
:wii: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games $9.99
:360: Adrenalin Misfits $9.99
:360: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:ps3: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:psp: Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Cosmic Destruction $9.99
:ps3: Asura's Wrath $12.99
:360: Body & Brain Connection $12.99
:ps3: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $12.99
:3ds: Spongebob Squigglepants 3D $14.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns $17.99
:wii: Remington Super Slam Hunting: Africa $17.99
:3ds: The Sims 3 $17.99

[quote name='chunlirocks']Chipped discs FTL[/QUOTE]

Gamefly's Twitter Link

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see pictures of the special Homefront warehouse Gamefly must have built to store all the copies of that game. This has to be the 100th time that game is on sale.

I actually thought Homefront was ok. Not great, but ok.

Wow, that's a pretty awesome deal for The Witcher 2...assuming you didn't pick up a new copy for $10 at BB few months ago. Passed on the rest though.

[quote name='shurija']Wow, that's a pretty awesome deal for The Witcher 2...assuming you didn't pick up a new copy for $10 at BB few months ago. Passed on the rest though.[/QUOTE]

I bought that game twice for $10 and traded it each time. I just kept hearing the combat was a pain and making potions were even worse...cannot decide if I want to take the plunge again.

finally mlb 12 for 9.99 im in!!

if nba 2k12 ps3 was $10 id go for it

after not buying any video games for almost 10 months have gotten sr3, uncharted 3, wwe 12, and mlb 12 in the past month. cheap, older but good games...cant beat it! love gamefly!

if only theyd have better sales on kinect games

if this lasts a week + more holidays deals in the next 2 months, increasing the backlog of games

[quote name='cancerman1120']I bought that game twice for $10 and traded it each time. I just kept hearing the combat was a pain and making potions were even worse...cannot decide if I want to take the plunge again.[/QUOTE]

These two things and a HORRIBLE map/quest locator killed the game for me. I gave it a chance twice.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']These two things and a HORRIBLE map/quest locator killed the game for me. I gave it a chance twice.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention you can't jump off a 6 inch ledge and have to backtrack a quarter mile just to get around.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I bought that game twice for $10 and traded it each time. I just kept hearing the combat was a pain and making potions were even worse...cannot decide if I want to take the plunge again.[/QUOTE]

You missed out on one of the best games of this generation. The people that complain about the combat either suck at it or want to play the game like a hack and slash. Combat requires thought and is really fun once you get going. As for potions I didn't have a problem with them and they're completely optional however not using them might not be in your best interest for some fights.

mlb 12 has entire move compatibility in game...at least seen in reviews/videos of it. i have yet to buy a move controller and try it though

[quote name='rly723']finally mlb 12 for 9.99 im in!!

if nba 2k12 ps3 was $10 id go for it

after not buying any video games for almost 10 months have gotten sr3, uncharted 3, wwe 12, and mlb 12 in the past month. cheap, older but good games...cant beat it! love gamefly!

if only theyd have better sales on kinect games

if this lasts a week + more holidays deals in the next 2 months, increasing the backlog of games[/QUOTE]

Speaking of NBA 2k12, I got that a few weeks ago and traded it in after a few days and went back to playing 11 and waiting for BF deals on 13 as I feel the Sig Skills introduced in that change the game for the better.

OP updated and wiki'd. Please feel free to update this thread or make a new one tomorrow as I'm usually asleep when the deals switch over due to my work schedule.

Y'all have never steered me wrong before, so I'll ask for advice once again. Me and 2 of my friends are looking for another co-op game to sink some time into (we achievement hunt within reason as well) and we have had our eyes on GR:FS. 14.99 seems like a great price for it. Any opinions? As always, thanks in advance and I hope all my fellow east coasters are safe and snug at home.

[quote name='bulldozer86']Y'all have never steered me wrong before, so I'll ask for advice once again. Me and 2 of my friends are looking for another co-op game to sink some time into (we achievement hunt within reason as well) and we have had our eyes on GR:FS. 14.99 seems like a great price for it. Any opinions? As always, thanks in advance and I hope all my fellow east coasters are safe and snug at home.[/QUOTE]

You can get it new for $20 at Best Buy, so $5 more for new.

$10 is my price, either from GF or BB or wherever. This was $18 from GF a few weeks ago, so I see thing being $10 for their BF deals. Though I do admit it is tempting. I hear great things about the single-player and the multiplayer is good when it works.

[quote name='Killbomb']Tempted by MLB 12. I've bought the game every year since 07 but passed on it so far this year.[/QUOTE]

Get it. It's ten bucks and it is the best version of the Show so far, I feel.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I would love to see pictures of the special Homefront warehouse Gamefly must have built to store all the copies of that game. This has to be the 100th time that game is on sale.

I actually thought Homefront was ok. Not great, but ok.[/QUOTE]

They're one lighter now, so it's working for them.

damn I got ghost recon for 17.99 and hardly touched it. Got it 2 weeks ago from gamefly. Do they price adjust? Can I return rebuy this? Its only 3 bucks but still...

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']damn I got ghost recon for 17.99 and hardly touched it. Got it 2 weeks ago from gamefly. Do they price adjust? Can I return rebuy this? Its only 3 bucks but still...[/QUOTE]
All sales final so nope and nope.

considering max payne 3 and the witcher 2

i think those are good prices for them, anybody play these games and think otherwise?

Sweet, I've been stalking the prices for Witcher 2: AssKingsEd for months and almost bit when it first reached $30 new at Amazon, but most of the time these arrive so close to new it's practically the same. Once again, hooray for the patience of a CAG. :D

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']damn I got ghost recon for 17.99 and hardly touched it. Got it 2 weeks ago from gamefly. Do they price adjust? Can I return rebuy this? Its only 3 bucks but still...[/QUOTE]

I know I've returned a game once because it didn't load properly from a light scratch in just the wrong place, so unless they changed policies, they DO accept returns--under the right reasons. It couldn't hurt to shoot 'em an email, I suppose?

[quote name='Barry Burton']considering max payne 3 and the witcher 2

i think those are good prices for them, anybody play these games and think otherwise?[/QUOTE]
Definitely get Max Payne. It made me feel like the incomparable Liam Neesons while playing.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Not to mention you can't jump off a 6 inch ledge and have to backtrack a quarter mile just to get around.[/QUOTE]

Don't even get me started on that. THE most movement restrictive rpg I've played this gen, and there's NO reason for it. Just lazy, awful gameplay.

Just got saints row the third disc is spotless no scratches no chips doesnt look like it was played at all might just buy mlb 12 da show

[quote name='angelfly']You missed out on one of the best games of this generation. The people that complain about the combat either suck at it or want to play the game like a hack and slash. Combat requires thought and is really fun once you get going. As for potions I didn't have a problem with them and they're completely optional however not using them might not be in your best interest for some fights.[/QUOTE]

I will admit I didn't have patience for the depth of the combat. I played it on easy to avoid having to take time to think through how I'm going to attack every enemy.

However, the other 3 problems I (and others) did have with the game were gamebreaking imo.

1. The restrictive movement that was referenced just a few posts above is a huge pain. You backtrack needlessly so much because of it. Your character can't walk over a stick nevermind drop down a 6-inch ledge.

2. The map/quest tracking is horrible. Particularly once Ch. 2 starts and you're in the city. There's no indication of levels on the map, for one. So you might be in the general area, but not on the right level. Plus, it's a huge, huge pain in the ass to get anywhere because of reason No. 1.

3. The potions take like 5 steps to make each one. Choice and depth is appreciated, but sometimes you just want to drink a damn health potion. In fact, most of the time that's what you want to do, and not have to deal with the time-consuming steps.

So, those are my thoughts. The storyline is amazing and the voice acting is quality, as well. Graphics are pretty good, and I actually did enjoy the combat when it was simplified enough for me. I'm also not ashamed to say I didn't have the patience for the in-depth combat. And I really didn't judge the game harshly because of that, it's much more for the other 3 things I mentioned.

Still, if you can look past those things or they don't bother you, there's a hell of a lot of game here for $15.

[quote name='jmeredi']Get it. It's ten bucks and it is the best version of the Show so far, I feel.[/QUOTE]

Went ahead and got it. Hope I actually play it this year unlike The Show 11 which basically went untouched. :D Also, is Gamefly charging tax something new? Been a while since I've ordered used games from them so I can't remember if there was tax then or not. I know they don't tax digital downloads.

Quick question, is anyone still waiting on a game from the first run? I ordered Catherine, and still no sign of it, and I havent received any emails for it either. :cry:

my game does have a scratch on it, but it plays. I submitted that fact but they probably won't get back to me until after the sale is over.... I don't want to order one now and get stuck with 2 games. All over 3 bucks, I should get over it. the cag in me is having a fit.

not to mention the ARMORED CORE V I bought at the same time as ghost recon is fairly chipped and I would love to swap that for a clean one, yet I only submitted ghost recon. ARGH

Wondering that too. I bought two. Even credit would be nice.

[quote name='not2worried']Wondering that too. I bought two. Even credit would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Returns only. No exchanges or price adjustments.

I don't know what the time limit is for an RMA request.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Returns only. No exchanges or price adjustments.

I don't know what the time limit is for an RMA request.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they'll let you return it unless it's defective. I guess you could say it's defective, but that's kind of a dick move.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't think they'll let you return it unless it's defective. I guess you could say it's defective, but that's kind of a dick move.[/QUOTE]

its kind of a dick move to put something on sale and then put it on sale again really soon even cheaper just to mess with us.

[quote name='jkircos']Is Asura's Wrath worth 12.99? Or should I wait for it to drop to $9.99?[/QUOTE]

i found it unplayable.

it's... a huge, beautiful anime mess with tons of quicktime events. it sort of just throws you in the middle, and you're either doing quicktime events or rez/child of eden style attacks (glide to select multiple enemies, release to attack).

i couldn't get past it, and gave up on it after like an hour. i can see someone loving it, but it's not for me.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']its kind of a dick move to put something on sale and then put it on sale again really soon even cheaper just to mess with us.[/QUOTE]

why? sales probably bottomed out at the old price, they had inventory, so lowered the price some more.

i bought it two weeks ago too. (just beat it yesterday). it's worth the 17.99 i paid, and the 14.99 it is now.
in a month, it might even be $9.99. so it goes.

Is The Show likely to come with the online pass? Have a friend in Britain I want to play with and that is a heckuva price.

[quote name='WatTsu']Is The Show likely to come with the online pass? Have a friend in Britain I want to play with and that is a heckuva price.[/QUOTE]

Every game I've gotten from Gamefly has come with an online pass (games that require one, I mean).

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']its kind of a dick move to put something on sale and then put it on sale again really soon even cheaper just to mess with us.[/QUOTE]

it's $3 dude, get some real problems. and I doubt they chose to sell it a few dollars cheaper "JUST TO MESS WITH US"

[quote name='Bosamba']OP updated and wiki'd. Please feel free to update this thread or make a new one tomorrow as I'm usually asleep when the deals switch over due to my work schedule.[/QUOTE]

I just Lol'd at how you included the patented chunlirocks quote in your OP. :lol:

Me too but I don't mind because it is a great game. I am having fun. IMO this was a different style ghost recon. you can see the influence of big budget production when your playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfpCkO1w9-k&list=LPebEBY8dRmvc&index=3&feature=plcp

bread's done
Back