Gamefly Used Games Sale -

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All of the following :shipfree: and include all codes, manuals, and case. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. They only do refunds, no exchanges.
Offers good while supplies last or until Noon PST on 11/?.

The following are not part of today's deals but do come with free shipping
:wii: Winter Sports 3: The Great Tournament $9.99
:wii: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games $9.99
:360: Adrenalin Misfits $9.99
:360: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:ps3: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:psp: Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Cosmic Destruction $9.99
:ps3: Asura's Wrath $12.99
:360: Body & Brain Connection $12.99
:ps3: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $12.99
:3ds: Spongebob Squigglepants 3D $14.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns $17.99
:wii: Remington Super Slam Hunting: Africa $17.99
:3ds: The Sims 3 $17.99

[quote name='chunlirocks']Chipped discs FTL[/QUOTE]

Gamefly's Twitter Link

Last edited by a moderator:
i do have real problems, thats not the point. if it was a month or so fine, but it was 2 weeks ago, and now that I have it and see the DLC is freakin $35....

its not that big of a deal, its just the cag in me always kicks me for buying games too early. like NG3 for the bb dotd @ $20..

Got MLB 12, using that $5 off Gamefly coupon from taking the survey a while back. $5 baseball is a very good form of baseball.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']:cry:

i can't believe i payed twice that much for the witcher, and i've barely played it :dunce:[/QUOTE]

I really do want to like the witcher, I really do... It's just... Boring...

Mulling over rebuying MP3 at that price and continuing where I left off. But now I've got X-Com and probably won't get to MP3 for a while. Wondering if it will hit $10....

[quote name='azngtlman']In for a copy of MLB, haven't played the series since '09 so this should be fun.[/QUOTE]

Really? '10 was the best in the series though '09 was really good too. Can't wait for '12 to get here.

i might buy MLB even though I dont have a ps3!! played 08, kinda hated it. But my sports tastes have grown up.

probably re-buying a ps3 on BF so this would fill the sports void for it

[quote name='myka22']Max Payne 3 for $15 is an amazing deal, and should be put in the title so people know it's on sale.[/QUOTE]

Great game. I spent $130 on it so far

Gamefly really has some amazing deals. I get good deals from other places but when I see these prices I realize I still pay too much for games.

[quote name='wcl']I finally bit on MP3[/QUOTE]

Me too. Was going to wait until it hit $10 but I said F it and got it for $16.15 shipped.

[quote name='wwe101']Me too. Was going to wait until it hit $10 but I said F it and got it for $16.15 shipped.[/QUOTE]
Mine was 16.30 stupid ca tax lol, yea I wanted to wait till 10$ but oh we'll

At least you didn't pay $60 for that shit like me.

Story is fun, but no replay value and shit MP.

Show is steal though. Glad I got that day one and haven't stopped playing.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']At least you didn't pay $60 for that shit like me.

Story is fun, but no replay value and shit MP.

Show is steal though. Glad I got that day one and haven't stopped playing.[/QUOTE]

I agree the multiplayer in MP3 is horrible, but I think the campaign makes up for it and at $15 you can't go wrong.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I agree the multiplayer in MP3 is horrible, but I think the campaign makes up for it and at $15 you can't go wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its worth $15 especially when you can get $16.80 from Best Buy.

Had high hopes for that and Twisted Metal. Both epic fails.

[quote name='CaoPi']I want a deal on Dragon's Dogma, $15 or less cmon gamefly![/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. DD has stayed high across the board. I'd be surprised to see it for less than $25 this holiday season.

these GF prices are too hard to pass up...especially when i can play some of the shorter games and sell for basically 0 loss

picked up MP3...deciding on Witcher 2, game play looks kind of boring though

[quote name='proKoyeon']these GF prices are too hard to pass up...especially when i can play some of the shorter games and sell for basically 0 loss

picked up MP3...deciding on Witcher 2, game play looks kind of boring though[/QUOTE]

I have it, played it a few hours. One thing. Audio is really bad in it. Tried it on my own, and brothers xbox /speakers. Voices sound really distorted, its pretty distracting.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I agree the multiplayer in MP3 is horrible, but I think the campaign makes up for it and at $15 you can't go wrong.[/QUOTE]

I just rented it from Redbox with a free game coupon. You can beat it in a day or two, ignoring trophies. The trophies in this game are a pain in the butt, I beat the game and only ended up with like 6 trophies in the end, WTF? It's worth a rental, not sure if I would buy it since the replay value seems limited and online play is atrocious.

My complaints about the game.

-The combat system is okay but the cover system is buggy as hell and very clunky. Granted in a Max Payne game so you shouldn't be using cover all that much. But sometimes you will use cover and you'll get stuck to the object you're behind, you won't be able to move or target anything with your gun.
-They also do some weird visual effects during cut scenes which bug the hell out of me, it was cool at first but they do it so much that it's just tacky.
-I also ran into a problem where my reticle would vanish while using bullet time.
-NOT ENOUGH AMMO in this game, it's also annoying when the game automatically changes your primary weapon to a pistol after a cutscene. It's awesome starting a fight with an empty pistol. After some cut scenes they will drop all of your weapons and give you only a pistol with low ammo, for no reason at all. So frustrating.

Damn you guys thwarted me away from Max Payne 3...Based off what I initially heard about the game + what I'm reading now, it's not worth the money. I'd go for a rental from Redbox, but they only have 1 disc for 360...I'll pick it up when its dirt cheap down the line.

Should I bite on Ghost Recon: FS or wait for it to hit 10? It's destined to get overlooked by the holiday season and should be going on sale...BF it is guaranteed to be in a bin somewhere I feel like too.

[quote name='masterd919']Damn you guys thwarted me away from Max Payne 3...Based off what I initially heard about the game + what I'm reading now, it's not worth the money. I'd go for a rental from Redbox, but they only have 1 disc for 360...I'll pick it up when its dirt cheap down the line.

Should I bite on Ghost Recon: FS or wait for it to hit 10? It's destined to get overlooked by the holiday season and should be going on sale...BF it is guaranteed to be in a bin somewhere I feel like too.[/QUOTE]
MP3 is known for epic story. The mp meh if you came late to the party. Worth full price just for single. $15 is a steal.

[quote name='wwe101']Come on Gamefly, bring back SR3 and catherine again tomorrow. Please guys![/QUOTE]

That may take a while. Those two are usually on sale during the monthly clearance events. They go within 48 hours.

I want to buy MLB 12, but realistically, I don't need it. I have to build up a deal-tolerance before Black Friday. Will power in the name of the game during holiday season.

[quote name='sublime4927']Good luck with that. DD has stayed high across the board. I'd be surprised to see it for less than $25 this holiday season.[/QUOTE]

If it even hits $25 new I will buy it. Holiday or not, lol. I have been waiting for that game to drop for a long time now.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']I want to buy MLB 12, but realistically, I don't need it. I have to build up a deal-tolerance before Black Friday. Will power in the name of the game during holiday season.[/QUOTE]

*whispers* $9.99. A good deal is a good deal, Black Friday or not. ;)

Went for The Witcher 2... again. First time, it came with a bad first disc. At least it was cheaper this time around.

[quote name='masterd919']Damn you guys thwarted me away from Max Payne 3...Based off what I initially heard about the game + what I'm reading now, it's not worth the money. I'd go for a rental from Redbox, but they only have 1 disc for 360...I'll pick it up when its dirt cheap down the line.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think it's one of the best games of the year, but I understand why some people didn't like it. You should definitely check it out at some point.

I loved MP3, I don't play multiplayer so can't say for that portion. Especially if you were young when you played MP and MP, you feel like you are growing with Max, and seeing his life now just triggers waves of mixed emotions.

I got MP3 when it was 25 on newegg, beat it, and traded it back to amazon for 2X.XX...it was a little less than a $5 rental and I was okay with that.

As others have said, the story is great but a lot of it is just pure frustration.

#1. If you plan to beat it quick, don't bother playing it on Hard. Not that Hard is too hard...it's just a frustrating experience. If you're super conservative on painkillers, you'll have at most 6 in a stage and 2-3 shots are enough to "kill" you.

#2. Bullet time recharges way slower than what I remember in past MP's.

#3. Others are right that sometimes you could get stuck in cover and not react quickly.

#4. Always listen to the musical cues...nothing's worse than battling through a bunch of guys only to go up a stair case and around a corner then get 1 shot by a dude that decided to camp a room. (yes, that's AI)

#5. If you truly want to beat it fast, play the game on Normal with Soft Lock aiming. You won't get hardly any trophies after you beat the game, but at least you'll experience what is good about the game...the story.

#6. Yes, the over-abuse of the "stylized" cutscenes is atrocious. I so wish they would have stuck to the expertly crafted graphic novel pages with strong voice acting.

[quote name='jmeredi']*whispers* $9.99. A good deal is a good deal, Black Friday or not. ;)[/QUOTE]

I can't go around buying up every good deal I see. That's how I ended up spending months paying off last year's game binges. I'm trying to eliminate my "Hmm, I wasn't really looking for x game, but I can't pass on that price. I'll play it...one day" mentality.

[quote name='driftmr2']Donkey Kong Country Returns worth $18? I've been waiting forever for this game to drop.[/QUOTE]

it's been that price for awhile now on GF...something tells me it may get cheaper

[quote name='proKoyeon']it's been that price for awhile now on GF...something tells me it may get cheaper[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll hold out until the end of the year (at the latest). I need a new Wii game to play on the cheap during the cold months.

I can't remember if it was an actual sale or not, but I remember buying a poop-ton of games from Gamefly last December. I think they do a pretty good end of year clearance sale.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']I can't remember if it was an actual sale or not, but I remember buying a poop-ton of games from Gamefly last December. I think they do a pretty good end of year clearance sale.[/QUOTE]

no reference to Sandy...this is the calm before the storm...CAGs about to spend (and save?) some serious cash in the upcoming months.

[quote name='proKoyeon']no reference to Sandy...this is the calm before the storm...CAGs about to spend (and save?) some serious cash in the upcoming months.[/QUOTE]

I've already started setting aside fun-funds for holiday sales. Brace your wallets. Winter is coming.

:ps3: Journey Collector's Edition $14.99 :shipfree:

Same price as PSN just for Journey itself but also includes Flow and Flower on the disc. I don't know if this is the normal price since they haven't put out a twitter link yet. It was cheap enough for me to bite since the game was so highly received. The cheapest Journey has been was $11.99 for PS+ members.

bread's done
Back