@Gamer Coupons (Dec. '12) - $25 off MP9, $20 off Dragon's Dogma, more [12/2-1/12/13]

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hey all, I just saw the new batch of @Gamer coupons thanks to my local BBY having the new issue out already (note that these are not active until Sunday):

-$25 off Mario Party 9 :)wii:)
-$20 off Dragon's Dogma :)ps3:/:360:)
-$15 off Gears of War 3 :)360:)
-$10 off Red Faction: Armageddon :)360: only)
-$15 off Toy Story Mania! :)ps3:/:360:) or Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure :)wii:/:3ds:)
-$10 off any pre-owned game $29.99 or more
-$50 off Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset :)360:)
-$20 off PowerA Fus1on Tournament Controller :)360:)

Here's hoping Mario Party 9 and Dragon's Dogma goes on sale while these are active!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked the @Gamer website and it says I don't expire until Sep 2014, then it says I'm currently using the subscription of 10 issues of $00.01, so I bought a year a couple of weeks ago since I was running out and I got two years out of it, was there some promotion I didn't know of or did I just get some free issues for some reason?

Get Best Buy to price match Amazon for Gears of War 3, which is currently on sale for $16.49. Then use the coupon for $15 off and you get Gears 3 for $1.49.

[quote name='jr233270']Get Best Buy to price match Amazon for Gears of War 3, which is currently on sale for $16.49. Then use the coupon for $15 off and you get Gears 3 for $1.49.[/QUOTE]

You can price match and use the coupon?

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']You can price match and use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I think its an either or. A manager would have to overide the system to get it to work if they can? I've always been denied this and others report the same. Some people claim to get a price match and then the deal/coupon on top of it. I've never had any success trying this.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I think its an either or. A manager would have to overide the system to get it to work if they can? I've always been denied this and others report the same. Some people claim to get a price match and then the deal/coupon on top of it. I've never had any success trying this.[/QUOTE]

Yea I just don't see that happening it would be too good to be true xD

with that coupon, dragon's dogma is the same price as it was on black friday so im not going to bite now. wonder if the price might drop before coupon expires in january. also i havent gotten the $10 cert for xmas like some people.

[quote name='te619']MP9- 49.99-25= 24.99, so you will either need to use a $20 certificate or buy something else to bring the pre-tax total to over $25.[/QUOTE]
It's fine to use a $25 certificate on a 24.99 item. Tax will push it over $25. And even if it didn't you'd just lose that .01 on that certificate.

Got my magazine a few days ago. It's nothing but a dust collector until Dragon's Dogma, MP9, and GoW3 go on sale.

[quote name='Fukurou']Got my magazine a few days ago. It's nothing but a dust collector until Dragon's Dogma, MP9, and GoW3 go on sale.[/QUOTE]

don't worry dragon's dogma is going to drop to $40, then it will be a good month.

[quote name='roundhouse']don't worry dragon's dogma is going to drop to $40, then it will be a good month.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it will be $30 while the coupon is still active, but I could work with $40.

my bestbuy had games on a rack with yellow stickers on it. apperently it was 25% off games with the sticker on it and i found a bunch of copys of red faction for 360 on that shelf. i used that deal and stacked it with the coupon to get it for 5$ which is a good deal. i also picked up duke nukem for 2$ after the 25% off (duke still rings up for 2.99). its ymmv but check your bestbuys for red faction to see if its on clearance. this game isnt in the system anymore online so im not surprised this happened

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Something tells me that Best Buy has put a stop to placing games on sale when @gamer coupons are active for them.[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree with you. I haven't seen a sale match up with the coupons in months, guess they were losing too much money that way.

I let my GC sub lapse a month ago... I still have the magazine sub for the next 9 months. We'll see if I reup if they start having good sales/coupons again.

As usual the CAG community main reason for another major inbound change to the GC so just know your votes/comments/feedback matter, BB is listening & change will come. Thanks for contributing & taking the time to make @gamer/GCU better.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807
If there are any concerns/questions regarding the use of @gamer coupons online POST THEM in the link since it's easier to have stuff implimented prior to the change going live vs adjusting on the fly.

I'll have 2 new CAG threads setup for all things BB GCU/@ gamer/Price Matching for 2013 along with several new ideax links since there's still a couple of technical issues that need to be addressed that way the current promos work out smoother consistantly. These links will hopefully greatly cutdown on the need for u guys to have to call CS & get them to correct system errors and/or award points for earned promos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqZVRoIoMfQ

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Something tells me that Best Buy has put a stop to placing games on sale when @gamer coupons are active for them.[/QUOTE]If u look closely at the games that stacked & when they did there were other factors that went into them stacking as well. But during this time of yr with the number of deals/promos goinng on there where other promos for games as well. GCU is a whole unit not just the mag so these have to be taking into account. As stated in my above post I will have several new ideax threads setup going which should benefit those who like stacks.
1-An increase in total coupons per mag(at least 20) that way each month every system is covered & new/pre-owned will be too.
2-Higher coupon values($25-$30) these would be just like the RZ ones that are higher for GCU members so yes you would need to join.
3-More exclusive mags(4-6 per yr)
4-More unique coupons:Buy 1 get 1 50% off, Buy 1 get 1 Free, 3/5/7 game bundles
5-BB exclusive franchise bundles(mainly bigger titles) would need support the devs but demand can change things. Here's an example for next yr for say AC:BB would offer an exclusive steelbox set with the entire series along with the new game for $100 & it would definitely be part of the $20 promo but I could easily see this stuff being limited to pre-orders only with stores only getting 1-3 in-stock. Think of these like the borderlands loot chest.
5A-In conjunction with the BB exclusive games there would be a exclsuinve mag for the franchise as well which would allow people to score the individual games for cheap as well so if u have most of the franchise already you won't need to get the LE unless u won't the steelbox and/or DLC. My guess there would be exclusive BB DLC that woulnd't be available unless purchased from BB.

It's about time for me to update my @Gamer's Club Unlocked membership. It's worth the $15, but being true to my CAG nature, I must ask...has anybody seen any deals for the membership?

[quote name='pwnthee']It's about time for me to update my @Gamer's Club Unlocked membership. It's worth the $15, but being true to my CAG nature, I must ask...has anybody seen any deals for the membership?[/QUOTE]

Negative. I'd just let it lapse until you find a month with a really worthwhile deal. I signed up back when ME2 was on sale for $5 so I feel like I justified my purchase right there.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Negative. I'd just let it lapse until you find a month with a really worthwhile deal. I signed up back when ME2 was on sale for $5 so I feel like I justified my purchase right there.[/QUOTE]

So the preorder $20 deal not worth it enough?

[quote name='PrinnyJ']Hopefully it will be $30 while the coupon is still active, but I could work with $40.[/QUOTE]

FYI - Dragon's Dogma is now down to $29.99 at both Amazon and GameStop. YMMV, but most of the BBs around here allow price matching to stack with @Gamer coupons.

This may be an MSRP drop however, so BB may reflect this next week and make the price matching moot.

I tried to PM and use the coupon at two different Best Buy's yesterday. No dice on either of them. They said I could do the price match or the coupon, but not both. I was pretty sure I would get shot down, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Hoping that Best Buy marks it down sometime before the coupon expiration.

[quote name='Woocls']It's fine to use a $25 certificate on a 24.99 item. Tax will push it over $25. And even if it didn't you'd just lose that .01 on that certificate.[/QUOTE]

Not at my store, it's PRE-TAX price. I've tried numerous times to use a $20 RZC on a 19.99 purchase and have always been denied. Of course there is a solution...your total purchase has to equal the certificate so I usually just buy a piece of candy and that pushes it over.

edit: Unless you mean a coupon, then it's just free (sorry too lazy to read back on the rest of the conversation lol).

[quote name='scott_matthews']FYI - Dragon's Dogma is now down to $29.99 at both Amazon and GameStop. YMMV, but most of the BBs around here allow price matching to stack with @Gamer coupons.[/QUOTE]
YMMV to say the least. Just browsing the thread but I didnt see anyone able to do that. I got denided as well trying to do it.

[quote name='JKSonic']Not at my store, it's PRE-TAX price. I've tried numerous times to use a $20 RZC on a 19.99 purchase and have always been denied. Of course there is a solution...your total purchase has to equal the certificate so I usually just buy a piece of candy and that pushes it over.

edit: Unless you mean a coupon, then it's just free (sorry too lazy to read back on the rest of the conversation lol).[/QUOTE]

No, you are correct. The total price PRE-TAX must be equal to or above the amount of the certificate. He was making stuff up.

[quote name='Woocls']It's fine to use a $25 certificate on a 24.99 item. Tax will push it over $25. And even if it didn't you'd just lose that .01 on that certificate.[/QUOTE]

They are correct I had to buy a pack of gum once to use mine that was under a penny, pissed me off since I don't' chew gum and everybody in line was staring at me, so I took my sweet time picking out my gum, and kept commenting how stupid this was.

Looks like toy story is on sale (today at least) for $24.99. Puts the game down to $10 after coupon. Gonna go try to see if it rings up in store at that price in a minute.

Everytime this thread gets bump I get excited thinking that finally I get to use a coupon from the @Gamer Mag, but nvm.

Haven't used a coupon in 3 months straight.

Me, too. I purchased the subscription in July in anticipation for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday deals. But there's none to be had. Have only used the coupons once to purchase Kingdom of Amalur. Oh well. Live and learn. Live and learn.

[quote name='jr1016']Everytime this thread gets bump I get excited thinking that finally I get to use a coupon from the @Gamer Mag, but nvm.

Haven't used a coupon in 3 months straight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Me, too. I purchased the subscription in July in anticipation for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday deals. But there's none to be had. Have only used the coupons once to purchase Kingdom of Amalur. Oh well. Live and learn. Live and learn.[/QUOTE]
I like the $20 gift card when you preorder. Useful for games I want the minute they come out (like FC3 or Madden). I also got premium BF 3. Overall it was a nice deal NOT the best but pretty good, better than other options.

I'll just bite the bullet and pay the full $15 I guess. Still definitely worth it. I'm planning on picking up a few collector's editions from BB, so having the $20 pre-orders on them, then being able to reverse pm is totally worth it to me.

My GCU has saved me a TON of money this year. Between all the $20 RZ certificates for pre-orders, Gamer coupons, extra 10% off for used games, GC RZ coupons, and the welcome coupons, I more than recouped the $15 entry fee.

I only asked about deals because I remember seeing a couple of deals earlier in the year, although I don't remember the details. Seems like maybe one was free GCU with purchase of something, or maybe it was get some extra perk/discount for joining/renewing GCU.

Oh yeah, just to further confirm, with the RZ certificates, you definitely can't use them online if they're over the pre-tax subtotal. In-store, sure, it may be possible to get around it if you get a nice and savvy enough employee, but it's definitely not normal.

Imo, it's better to switch under MyRZ to "banking" your points so that you can issue them to yourself whenever you see something you want to buy. This way you can issue them in such a way that you can undercut that cut off, and not have to make a purchase you don't want.
Ex: a $24.99 game (which would be around 22.49 for GCU lol) - instead of a $25 issued Certificate, if you banked your points, you could just issue yourself a $20 certificate and leave the rest of the points.

To switch to banking your points, just go to your MyRZ account and look around. I think it's on right side somewhere on the Points and Purchases page. There's an option for them to automatically issue you certificates at whatever interval you've set, or there's the better option of banking your points. The points accumulate in your RZ account and you just log in and issue certificates as you want/need them. You can issue them in any size you want, as long as it's a multiple of $5.

I've learned not to issue any RZ certificates unless I'm ready to purchase. You can log into your account in the BB stores (they have 3-4 terminals throughout the store set up to print of certificates). And of course, you can do it online from home if you're about to make an online purchase.

Well, if you are not silver, any points above $20 will be issued automatically, according to my experience and some BBY vets.

[quote name='pwnthee']Imo, it's better to switch under MyRZ to "banking" your points so that you can issue them to yourself whenever you see something you want to buy. This way you can issue them in such a way that you can undercut that cut off, and not have to make a purchase you don't want.
Ex: a $24.99 game (which would be around 22.49 for GCU lol) - instead of a $25 issued Certificate, if you banked your points, you could just issue yourself a $20 certificate and leave the rest of the points.

To switch to banking your points, just go to your MyRZ account and look around. I think it's on right side somewhere on the Points and Purchases page. There's an option for them to automatically issue you certificates at whatever interval you've set, or there's the better option of banking your points. The points accumulate in your RZ account and you just log in and issue certificates as you want/need them. You can issue them in any size you want, as long as it's a multiple of $5.

I've learned not to issue any RZ certificates unless I'm ready to purchase. You can log into your account in the BB stores (they have 3-4 terminals throughout the store set up to print of certificates). And of course, you can do it online from home if you're about to make an online purchase.[/QUOTE]I'm not 100% positive, but I think only Premier Silver members have the option to bank points. Otherwise you have to select a point amount at which to cash the points.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm not 100% positive, but I think only Premier Silver members have the option to bank points. Otherwise you have to select a point amount at which to cash the points.[/QUOTE]
Yup, that is correct you need to be Silver to bank points.

[quote name='shadowkast']Picked up toy story for the kids. Rang up $10 after coupon no problem[/QUOTE]

Damn. If only I had seen this earlier. Maybe I'll run back out tonight. I like to get good kid games, just in case my 4 year old ever shows an inclination to play games with his old man. Thanks for the confirm, shadowkast!

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Damn. If only I had seen this earlier. Maybe I'll run back out tonight. I like to get good kid games, just in case my 4 year old ever shows an inclination to play games with his old man. Thanks for the confirm, shadowkast![/QUOTE]

I play with my six year old but my three year old is showing interest. He loves skylanders but i don't have much else he can quite grasp

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Damn. If only I had seen this earlier. Maybe I'll run back out tonight. I like to get good kid games, just in case my 4 year old ever shows an inclination to play games with his old man. Thanks for the confirm, shadowkast![/QUOTE]
Ah man I feel for you. I have a 4 year old girl. She loves Toy Story so I bought Toy Story 3 and she loved it. She then saw me playing Need for Speed recently and wanted to try it. It took her about an hour before she was driving pretty fast. She still doesnt know how to race and crashed a lot (she is only 4 after all), but she is so much better than my wife it isnt even funny. I love it.

Hope you can get your son to show interest. Good luck.

[quote name='shadowkast']Looks like toy story is on sale (today at least) for $24.99. Puts the game down to $10 after coupon. Gonna go try to see if it rings up in store at that price in a minute.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up shadow. My son (4 years old) is toy story crazy these days so I'm sure he'll love this.

Finally managed to snag myself a copy of Dragon's Dogma. I found out through their computer listing that they don't price match Gamestop, but they do price match Amazon.com. I managed to get the manager to do the price match and as soon as he left and the price was deducted, I just left my rewards zone card on the counter along with the coupon. It didn't work right away, the cashier read the back and then she manually input the discount on it. Managed to walk away with a copy for 9.99 pre-tax.

Definitely a happy camper here. It helps that I have a pal who works there too if anything ever goes south. :bouncy:

[quote name='shadowkast']Looks like toy story is on sale (today at least) for $24.99. Puts the game down to $10 after coupon. Gonna go try to see if it rings up in store at that price in a minute.[/QUOTE]

Damn! Here's hoping it continues tomorrow.

[quote name='jr1016']Everytime this thread gets bump I get excited thinking that finally I get to use a coupon from the @Gamer Mag, but nvm.

Haven't used a coupon in 3 months straight.[/QUOTE]Hopefully, getting more coupons per mag will make that a thing of the past.
I did warn people several months ago that the real epic mags should be expected during the 1st 4-5 months of 2013 since that's when you're going to see all the fall AAA titles popping up like Halo, AC3, FC3, Borderlands 2...

[quote name='Investor']Me, too. I purchased the subscription in July in anticipation for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday deals. But there's none to be had. Have only used the coupons once to purchase Kingdom of Amalur. Oh well. Live and learn. Live and learn.[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='pwnthee']It's about time for me to update my @Gamer's Club Unlocked membership. It's worth the $15, but being true to my CAG nature, I must ask...has anybody seen any deals for the membership?[/QUOTE]won't see sub deals going forward but you could buy the sub next Weds. & get 4X RZ points

Hi Enuf, thanks man, yeah that's better than nothing, good point.

And yeah, my mistake about banking points. I didn't know it was a "Silver members only" feature.

it says out best buy has toy story mania in stock, hopefully that last until tomorrow! we have the game on wii, and its pretty fun, be nice to get some trophies on it!

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I wonder when Dogma will drop at BB. I hate doing PMs and coupons.[/QUOTE]

I dont think they do pm on top of coupons.

TypingE=The Punisher;10308159]I dont think they do pm on top of coupons.[/QUOTE]

I'm Sure He Knows. He Meant He Hates The ParWhy Is My Phone Having A Mind Of It's Own When I'm Toppingt.

Thanks for the heads up on Toy Story Mania for $10. Bought one. Will be fun to play with when I'm watching my nephew one of these days.

bread's done
Back