@Gamer Coupons (Dec. '12) - $25 off MP9, $20 off Dragon's Dogma, more [12/2-1/12/13]

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hey all, I just saw the new batch of @Gamer coupons thanks to my local BBY having the new issue out already (note that these are not active until Sunday):

-$25 off Mario Party 9 :)wii:)
-$20 off Dragon's Dogma :)ps3:/:360:)
-$15 off Gears of War 3 :)360:)
-$10 off Red Faction: Armageddon :)360: only)
-$15 off Toy Story Mania! :)ps3:/:360:) or Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure :)wii:/:3ds:)
-$10 off any pre-owned game $29.99 or more
-$50 off Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset :)360:)
-$20 off PowerA Fus1on Tournament Controller :)360:)

Here's hoping Mario Party 9 and Dragon's Dogma goes on sale while these are active!

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAHA!!! There's a store around me that's selling "Dragon's Dogma" for $28-30. Looks like I'm getting a PM and a coupon used at BB. The pricematch doesn't count separately like a coupon does it?

[quote name='Diad']YMMV to say the least. Just browsing the thread but I didnt see anyone able to do that. I got denided as well trying to do it.[/QUOTE]

It worked fine for me, but yeah definitely YMMV since the coupon didn't auto-apply after the clerk entered in the price match. She called over the store's gaming manager and he said that the @Gamer coupons are supposed to stack with other promotions so he entered in an override to make it work. Walked out with Dragon's Dogma for $9.99.

FWIW, I always have better luck with this sort of thing by checking out in the gaming section register with the gaming guys rather than up front with the clueless cashier bimbos.

[quote name='Oside_hunter']Went to my BB and I got the "price match or coupon" hopefully the price drops before the coupon expires[/QUOTE]Since it will always require a manager override this will be the result for most people even as much YMMV stuff that I get I never get the pm & the coupon so I always take the best of the 2 & still have 60 days to pm later.

We just did it yesterday at our local BB.. pricematched dragon's dogma to $29.95, and then used my gamers mag coupon. The cashier had never done a pm before (probably new for the holidays) and since the manager was there, he also handled the gamer's coupon manual adjustment as well.

I've spoken to him in the past and apparantly they are really big about getting people to use the online survey printed on each receipt to get improved store ratings, and I'm always sure to remind him I'll be doing that survey as soon as I get home.

A few minutes of my time to help them out is worth it since they are bending over backwards to accomodate my cag habit.

NYC here
The sale for toy story mania is still good.

At 44th And 5th NY 529 5th Ave near by Bryant park there 3 copies left for the :ps3: & 2 copies left for :360:

So are people price matching this from Amazon or Gamestop right now? It looks like it's $35 on Amazon at the moment and $30 at Gamestop. But I thought someone said Best Buy doesn't price match from Gamestop?

[quote name='poopdogjr']So are people price matching this from Amazon or Gamestop right now? It looks like it's $35 on Amazon at the moment and $30 at Gamestop. But I thought someone said Best Buy doesn't price match from Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

I have price matched GS at BB more than once.

[quote name='poopdogjr']So are people price matching this from Amazon or Gamestop right now? It looks like it's $35 on Amazon at the moment and $30 at Gamestop. But I thought someone said Best Buy doesn't price match from Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

They price match new games at gamestop (assuming you have one within the geographical area).

The person who was told no was probably told no by an uninformed employee who probably assumed that they were trying to price match a used price with a new game, which BB would not do.

[quote name='poopdogjr']Im at best buy now. They pricematched gamestop but wont apply the 20 off coupon in combination with it. Very lame.[/QUOTE]

That's SOP.

:( The price match and @Gamer coupon don't work together at my BB. I guess the people who got it to work must've got some new employees who just put through the discount anyway.

I am extremely confused
there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on the coupon that says it won't work with a price match
it even says:
"markdowns taken from sale prices"
and that is what a price match is
it is not in any way
"another coupon or offer"
so I see absolutely no reason this wouldn't work as long as you talk to a manager

[quote name='Deader2818']Price matching is considered an offer.[/QUOTE]

eh
i figure that's what "they" would say
I still think the majority of managers will be cool with it if ur persistent enough
because best buy sure isn't going to give us any good coupon deals anymore without some effort

[quote name='tham1988']eh
I still think the majority of managers will be cool with it if ur persistent enough
because best buy sure isn't going to give us any good coupon deals anymore without some effort[/QUOTE]

change majority to minority and yes, you are correct.

[quote name='tham1988']I'm in florida and ur in New jersey I'm noticing a difference here[/QUOTE]

Its not just the NJ area considering a ton of other people on here have been told it can not be done and is considered double dipping.

You can go ahead and try and if you get lucky im glad you were able to. But it is not their policy to do it.

Price matching is an offer, simple as that. Price match does not equal sale, so according to coupon subscript you cannot combine it with a price match. Again, this is YMMV, you're pretty much asking the manager to do two offers at a time.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']:( The price match and @Gamer coupon don't work together at my BB. I guess the people who got it to work must've got some new employees who just put through the discount anyway.[/QUOTE]

More like employees and managers that arent white knights for the corporate bottom line and consider customer satisfaction the top priority

If you dont succeed try again, dont let one CSR or manager that thinks you are "trying to run one past the almighty guardian of Best Buy" get you down

They consider price matching an offer it's as simple as that. You can argue it all you want but it's just the way it is. And really, it is an offer because it's a service they "offer" that they certainly don't have to.

Is it dumb? Kinda sure, but it's just the way it is.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']More like employees and managers that arent white knights for the corporate bottom line and consider customer satisfaction the top priority

If you dont succeed try again, dont let one CSR or manager that thinks you are "trying to run one past the almighty guardian of Best Buy" get you down[/QUOTE]

Yeaaahhh. I'm sure you're job would love it if you used this philosophy.

"Rules be DAMNED! I'm going to stick it to the man by breaking the rules! I'm so cool and rebellious!"

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']
"Rules be DAMNED! I'm going to stick it to the man by breaking the rules! I'm so cool and rebellious!"[/QUOTE]

King Cool of Old School!

[quote name='Lord Hamm']More like employees and managers that arent white knights for the corporate bottom line and consider customer satisfaction the top priority

If you dont succeed try again, dont let one CSR or manager that thinks you are "trying to run one past the almighty guardian of Best Buy" get you down[/QUOTE]

Or, you get the ones like I have who love the fact you are even there buying something in the first place and appreciate that because of you, they exist as employees. A type of customer satisfaction I suppose.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Or, you get the ones like I have who love the fact you are even there buying something in the first place and appreciate that because of you, they exist as employees. A type of customer satisfaction I suppose.[/QUOTE]

So someone who loses money for the company is to be appreciated? Ahh forget it.

I had them PM and used coupon. I did use some charm to help but PS3 Dragon's Dogma is finally mine for 12.76. Thanks to Summer for helping me out while the xmas line was building up behind me. They said bringing store ad would help. Merry Xmas all.

[quote name='confoosious']So someone who loses money for the company is to be appreciated? Ahh forget it.[/QUOTE]

The CSRs and Managers at my store treat me respect and try to get me the best possible deal any way they can rig it and because of that respect I spend my money buying every possible product that I can through that best buy and they make thousands of me alone

Some best buys on the other hand give you a skunk eye and start muttering any excuse they can think of, policy or not when you try to get a deal and act like children giving up their candy if you try to get any discount off retail price

If there was more of a consitancy either way I would consider that hardline company policy and wouldnt push it. But when some managers do it no problem and others act like you are ending their world I think its more of a personal preference between specific managers and supervisors and if it was truly hurting the bottom line managers wouldnt allow it

[quote name='tham1988']eh
because best buy sure isn't going to give us any good coupon deals anymore without some effort[/QUOTE]

If you have never tried it, and you're going on what you "think" it would be, then QFT. Those of us that have been around a lot longer know that it is not even worth the effort, unless you have an in with a manager or something, to try.

Awesome!! Gamestop has Dragon's Dogma for 30 bucks this week. I'll price match then use the coupon. Dragon's Dogma for 10 dollars?! Now I can finally get it!

[quote name='Dashing_jordan']Awesome!! Gamestop has Dragon's Dogma for 30 bucks this week. I'll price match then use the coupon. Dragon's Dogma for 10 dollars?! Now I can finally get it![/QUOTE]

I think this thread might have finally discovered perpetual motion.

[quote name='Dashing_jordan']Awesome!! Gamestop has Dragon's Dogma for 30 bucks this week. I'll price match then use the coupon. Dragon's Dogma for 10 dollars?! Now I can finally get it![/QUOTE]

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

I want to pick up Madden 13 used from my local BB after work, but I left my 10$ off used coupon at home. Can I pick up the game, then go back after the holidays and get $10 back? I'm a CAG noob btw.

[quote name='Nesslee']I want to pick up Madden 13 used from my local BB after work, but I left my 10$ off used coupon at home. Can I pick up the game, then go back after the holidays and get $10 back? I'm a CAG noob btw.[/QUOTE]
Yes

Absolutely. Don't pay attention to the nay-sayers. Just ride that magic unicorn to your nearest BBY, get that game for $10 and a free holiday fruitcake to go with it.

[quote name='ooga']Absolutely. Don't pay attention to the nay-sayers. Just ride that magic unicorn to your nearest BBY, get that game for $10 and a free holiday fruitcake to go with it.[/QUOTE]

use the VIP drive through too, the elves are working it I hear

[quote name='ooga']Absolutely. Don't pay attention to the nay-sayers. Just ride that magic unicorn to your nearest BBY, get that game for $10 and a free holiday fruitcake to go with it.[/QUOTE]

Wait.. I didn't get the free holiday fruitcake!

I thought that didn't stack with a pm and gamer's coupon?

[quote name='shadowkast']use the VIP drive through too, the elves are working it I hear[/QUOTE]

Please stop spreading false information. The elves are working the unicorn valet parking.

bread's done
Back