GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I've paid my pending order for bethesda pack since 4 days ago, and now my order is cancelled when I checked it after the maintenance, they ate my money :|

[quote name='PCgamerz']Wow, I've paid my pending order for bethesda pack since 4 days ago, and now my order is cancelled when I checked it after the maintenance, they ate my money :|[/QUOTE]
:shock::shock::shock: serious?

[quote name='PCgamerz']Wow, I've paid my pending order for bethesda pack since 4 days ago, and now my order is cancelled when I checked it after the maintenance, they ate my money :|[/QUOTE]

Well I didn't see any of the ones I paid for get cancelled, but all my orders that were pending for the Bethesda pack are now canceled, I'm probably guessing that's true for the pending Borderlands 2 orders as well.

Funny I got a 4pack on gamersgate but only got one code.
how do we get the codes for say Copy 2 and copy 3?

I only see the one code listed.

Lol! they cancelled my pending order of the season pass. But my 4 pack is still pending.

Are they still issuing keys for borderlands? Im afraid to complete my pending order of 4 pack for $22.

[quote name='mnemnoch']Lol! they cancelled my pending order of the season pass.

Are they still issuing keys for borderlands? Im afraid to complete my pending order of 4 pack for $22.[/QUOTE]

I completed my order about an hour ago. No keys are showing up yet. I could try gifting the key to myself, but it doesn't seem like others are having success with that.

I just payed for two pending orders and now have four Borderlands 2 showing up in my library, but there's no download or show serial buttons. They don't show up in my gifting inventory either.

[quote name='slainviper']I just payed for two pending orders and now have four Borderlands 2 showing up in my library, but there's no download or show serial buttons. They don't show up in my gifting inventory either.[/QUOTE]

Check the details to the right. This is what the Bethesda Pack is doing.

Doesn't show any keys or any buttons for keys, but it has a message saying they oversold and they will be available mid January.

[quote name='slainviper']I just payed for two pending orders and now have four Borderlands 2 showing up in my library, but there's no download or show serial buttons. They don't show up in my gifting inventory either.[/QUOTE]

It's likely that they ran out of keys.
I was able to get two (couldn't redeem more on one account).

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']Check the details to the right. This is what the Bethesda Pack is doing.

Doesn't show any keys or any buttons for keys, but it has a message saying they oversold and they will be available mid January.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='madjoki']It's likely that they ran out of keys.
I was able to get two (couldn't redeem more on one account).[/QUOTE]

Is that why it's doing that? I got a Bethesda pack early for myself and it still shows the download and serial buttons, but tells me there aren't any keys left when I try to get one. I'm sure that could be an exception, though.

There's actually a guy on GG's facebook page saying he bought TWENTY (!!!) copies and bitching about how he didn't get all the keys. THIS GUY ACTUALLY BOUGHT TWENTY COPIES to sell for a profit. That's 80 copies of Borderlands 2. Greedy piece of shit.

[quote name='Patch517']There's actually a guy on GG's facebook page saying he bought TWENTY (!!!) copies and bitching about how he didn't get all the keys. THIS GUY ACTUALLY BOUGHT TWENTY COPIES to sell for a profit. That's 80 copies of Borderlands 2. Greedy piece of shit.[/QUOTE]
our economy is driven by greed. chill.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Well I didn't see any of the ones I paid for get cancelled, but all my orders that were pending for the Bethesda pack are now canceled, I'm probably guessing that's true for the pending Borderlands 2 orders as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm really confused now, I thought I just need to sit back & let the payment processed for few days when I paid for the bethesda pack.

I've send support ticket for refund though, hope I get my money back :(

Look I'm as much of a cheapie as anyone else, but Borderlands 2 Four Pack for ~$11 was obviously a huge mistake. All the bitching about gamersgate is ridiculous. Of course the site is slow, they are getting slammed with purchases trying to take advantage of the price mistake. Of course the site goes down. They had to pull the plug. Yes it was a mistake, but mistakes are made every day in every industry.

I've gotten some great deals on gamersgate for years now. They have been a great resource for me and always good to work with. I wouldn't blame gamersgate at all for not honoring all of these purchases. It was so obviously a mistake. I hope they don't let this put them out of business. I'd hate to lose a good STEAM competitor.

[quote name='shredman']Yes it was a mistake, but mistakes are made every day in every industry at Gamersgate.[/QUOTE]
FTFY.

(And I agree about not wanting to lose a competitor.)

Can't believe I missed this. I've been looking for a good price on Borderlands 2 for a while. Even getting one copy for 11 would have been an insta buy for me.

[quote name='Patch517']There's actually a guy on GG's facebook page saying he bought TWENTY (!!!) copies and bitching about how he didn't get all the keys. THIS GUY ACTUALLY BOUGHT TWENTY COPIES to sell for a profit. That's 80 copies of Borderlands 2. Greedy piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

Bro, he just has lots of gamer friends. :lol:

I'd love to be able to play the game, but I'm sure a handful of customers will rush to empty out the stock when it arrives because they felt the need to buy a shelf full of the same game. For what its worth, I don't mind. A month or two of waiting isn't going to kill me. I will have a few late Christmas gifts to give out though!

Also, I agree that I don't want them to go out of business. Of course I'd love to get a key or two, but crap happens.

I was more complaining about their system in general. Why can't they just take down one sale or fix the price without breaking the whole website. I wanted to buy Ghost Recon but kept getting errors trying to log in, and I eventually got my account locked for a day.

I've just completed my pending order after the payment didn't go through when the site was overloaded. I also don't seem to be able to get any keys. Nobody knows what's up. Most probably they ran out of keys I guess. They should work on their information system.

Well, I see I shouldn't have tried to actually get a good night's sleep. It just doesn't pay.

Oddly enough, I just grabbed Borderlands 1 yesterday.

If anyone is feeling nice and looking to sell me one or two keys cheap, let me know.

My pending (unpaid) BL2 orders were cancelled, both the 4-pack at $11 and the 4-pack at $22.

Doesn't really bother me since I wasn't wild about potentially not getting the keys for a month and then trying to find buyers. All my actual purchased/paid things are just fine.

Interestingly, I had a pending order for Blue Coins from this morning that I (thankfully) didn't complete. That order is still good. So this was a surgical strike, not a pending order carpet bombing...

Just received a refund notice from GG for the Bethesda bundle... I didnt request a refund, I was going to wait until they got the keys. I guess they are no longer honoring it. In the email they also mentioned the Borderlands 4 pack fiasco, so looks like that killed the deal for me... They did mention possible compensation for my trouble, but I'm not holding my breath on that. Probably a free copy of Volvo the Game 2 lol

[quote name='Punisher138']Just received a refund notice from GG for the Bethesda bundle... I didnt request a refund, I was going to wait until they got the keys. I guess they are no longer honoring it. In the email they also mentioned the Borderlands 4 pack fiasco, so looks like that killed the deal for me... They did mention possible compensation for my trouble, but I'm not holding my breath on that. Probably a free copy of Volvo the Game 2 lol[/QUOTE]

Yep, I also just got a refund for my Bethesda giftable pack, and it's no longer in My Shelf. Looks like the pack that I managed to redeem all but 2 games on before they ran out of keys is still good though.

Yep, i just got a cancellation. I didnt think about the running out of keys so i only redeemed skyrim (what i wanted). So what happens now? we get to keep the code(s) we redeemed?

[quote name='lwhitit']Yep, i just got a cancellation. I didnt think about the running out of keys so i only redeemed skyrim (what i wanted). So what happens now? we get to keep the code(s) we redeemed?[/QUOTE]

I dont think they can un-redeem the key, so looks like you got a free copy of Skyrim.

also got a paypal refund notice for the bethesda pack. :whistle2:/

Hi,

This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal.

We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience.

GamersGate team

[email protected]

[quote name='Punisher138']I dont think they can un-redeem the key, so looks like you got a free copy of Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I will take it. I was playing dishonored while trying to get the bundle so that wasnt a big deal for me. I now know how they work with requesting your key from the site so ill be ready for the next GG deal.

I got an E-mail too.
But the strange thing is, that i have my pack in the shelf, i already redeem almost all of the keys.
So, I dont get it, I bought the pack, redeem all the keys, after that they refund me all the money BUT they dont take away the pack?

Wtf? xD

I haven't gotten any notices yet (for the Bethesda and Stardock bundles).

My concern is that they may try to contact Valve and have them deregister/remove the keys in question seeing as they are refunding people for them.

If they don't do that them I'm also concerned they may resell some of these keys if they are yanking them back from people's GG accounts.

The whole thing is very messy.

I didn't get this email. I guess it's just a matter of time. I sold two keys and gave away others, so I sure hope they don't find a way to revoke them on Steam!

I redeemed Skyrim from the Bethesda pack but nothing else. No refund for me yet... I don't know how they will be doing it since I already activated a game.

[quote name='ddearce']I got an E-mail too.
But the strange thing is, that i have my pack in the shelf, i already redeem almost all of the keys.
So, I dont get it, I bought the pack, redeem all the keys, after that they refund me all the money BUT they dont take away the pack?

Wtf? xD[/QUOTE]
Merry Christmas

[quote name='Punisher138']I dont think they can un-redeem the key, so looks like you got a free copy of Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

It's been done, like the people who redeemed those Hitman Sniper Challenge keys that were supposed to be Japan only. It happens sometimes to people who trade with Russians too.

It doesn't happen often but it's not unprecedented and if Gamersgate is refunding people back their money they certainly have a case to go to Valve and request those keys be removed and unregistered so they can sell them again.

I'm not saying this is what will happen but it seems to me that it's a possibility.

Damn, I purchased a Stardock bundle from somebody and sold a Bethesda pack to another.

I don't know if any of you remember, but back in June of 2011, Ubisoft had a glitch where you could get several different games on their site for free; some of these activated on Steam (RUSE, etc.). I remember after everything settled and emails were given, my games eventually disappeared from my Steam library. So it is possible that they can revoke them from Steam itself.

So, lets get the facts.

1. All the people who had PENDING orders, got a refund and the game disappeared from the shelf.
2. All the people who bought the pack BUT didnt get ANY of the keys, got a refund and the game gone from the shelf too.

So, how many of you got the pack, redeemed the keys, and still have the pack in the shelf? (and got a refund).

I really dont think they gonna "gift us" 6 games, they just have to tell steam to cancel the subscription of XXXX keys and done.

[quote name='ddearce']So, lets get the facts.

1. All the people who had PENDING orders, got a refund and the game disappeared from the shelf.
2. All the people who bought the pack BUT didnt get ANY of the keys, got a refund and the game gone from the shelf too.

So, how many of you got the pack, redeemed the keys, and still have the pack in the shelf? (and got a refund).

I really dont think they gonna "gift us" 6 games, they just have to tell steam to cancel the subscription of XXXX keys and done.[/QUOTE]

The only games I haven't redeemed are Fallout 3 and Rouge Warrior. No email for me yet. I hope it stays that way because I don't want my games disappearing.

[quote name='Motoki']It's been done, like the people who redeemed those Hitman Sniper Challenge keys that were supposed to be Japan only. It happens sometimes to people who trade with Russians too.

It doesn't happen often but it's not unprecedented and if Gamersgate is refunding people back their money they certainly have a case to go to Valve and request those keys be removed and unregistered so they can sell them again.

I'm not saying this is what will happen but it seems to me that it's a possibility.[/QUOTE]
My Hitman Sniper Japan is still registered to my account, just unable to be installed or played.

[quote name='ddearce']So, lets get the facts.

I really dont think they gonna "gift us" 6 games, they just have to tell steam to cancel the subscription of XXXX keys and done.[/QUOTE]

I redeemed 4 keys, got the email, and still have the games on the shelf.

I redeemed all but two of the Bethesda games, received the email, received the Paypal refund, and the games are still on my shelf. Not sure how this is going to play out, but all signs point to my steam account losing some games soon.

Sad it seems like they wont honor the BL2 error. I wonder what will happen to the first glitch at 75% off. I'd assume that one people actually were able to get keys for it.

If they start removing steam games its going to be a mess in the steam trading thread.

I don't get it, is this legal..?
My bank charges me 5% for international transactions, also, there is the PayPal comission, and i dont asked for a refund, if they remove the games, im gonna end losing money!!
They can force a refund?? its like, you buy a TV, and 4 days after they come to your house, throw money in your face and take away the tv..???

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back