Gamerush deals thread (50% off Select Nintendo Titles / B2G1 PO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMR

Banned
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSH and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

This First Post has all the basic information you could ever want. Please consult here before just asking a question. Or don't, it's entirely up to you :)

Please keep all discussion regarding "flipping" in the following thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Trade-In Deals

None at this time :(

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

50% off Select Nintendo Titles (New only). May 31 - End of June?

Gamecube
StarFox Assault
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (without Bongos)
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2
Mario Power Tennis
Legend of Zelda Four Swords
Custom Robo
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Party 5
Eternal Darkness

GBA
F-Zero GP Legend
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Zelda II, Metroid and Castlevania (Classic NES Series)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario Pinball Land
Final Fantasy I & II
Mario Golf

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 Preowned PS1 Games for $15!

Was 5 PS1 Games for $20 or 10 for $35... see a trend?

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - June 20th

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of

The most recent flyer is dated June 14, 2005. Thanks to Zon27 for typing it up.

Front top: advertises Buy 2 get the 3rd Free on all Pre-owned games.
Front bottom: advertises Pre-owned PS1 games 5 for $15

Trade prices:
$35:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas XB

$30:
Doom 3
Forza Motorsports
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Jade Empire
NBA Street 3 (all sys)
Star Wars Episode III (ps2, xb)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (all sys)
Unreal Championship 2

$28:
Advent Rising
MVP Baseball (psp)
NBA Street Showdown (psp)

$26:
Area 51 (ps2, xb)
Pariah

$25:
Mario Party 6

$22:
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (psp)

$20:
Batman Begins (ps2, xb)
Madgascar (ps2, xb, gc)
Medal of Honor European Assault (all sys)
Need for Speed Underground (ds)
Star Wars Episode III (ds)

$18:
Pokemon Emerald
WarioWare: Touched!

$15:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast (gc)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tiger Woods 2005 (ps2, xb)
WarioWare: Twisted!

$12:
Polarium

$10:
Major League Baseball 2K5 (ps2, xb)
Outlaw Volleyball: Remixed (ps2)
Suikoden III

$8:
Burnout 2: Point of Impact (gc)
Def Jam Fight for NY (ps2)
Frogger Beyond (gc)
Simpson's Road Rage (gc)
Star Ocean: Til The End of Time
Tales of Symphonia
WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games

Hardware:
PSP $160
PS2 Slim $85
XBox $85
PS1 $10

Accessories:
GC Steering Wheel (any brand) $5
GC Wavebird Battery pack (any) $3
PS2 Memory card (any) $7
PS2 AV-S Video Cable (any) $3
PSP Safe Case (any) $3
Universal LSC Game Screen (any) $20
XBox DVD Remote (any) $7
XBox value Wireless Controller (hip Brand) $6
XBox High def AV Pack (any) $6
XBox Controller (any) $5
XBox Dance Pad (any) $5
XBox Component Cable (any) $3
XBox Headset only (any) $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy

$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Conker XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)
XBox 360 Games

OTHER INFO

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must be 18 and have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush. If you are not 18, you can trade under a parent or guardian's BB acount, but they must sign a trade agreement.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by "flipping" games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to. Remember, discussion of "loopholes" and "flipping" should be kept in the thread linked at the beginning of this post. We've all had a year's worth of discussion on the ethics of capitalizing on the loopholes, but the fact remains - you sign a Trading Agreement and are subject to the conditions you agreed upon. If you abuse the system, chances are it'll catch up to you one way or another.

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...sj41 has access to these, but really there is no reason for you to want them except for nostalgia.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.

Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.

CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He was the second in charge of the GameRush OP.

drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.

Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.

And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

Gotta go pick up my copy of DAH for PS2. When is Conker supposed to come in? I need to check my list to see what is coming out soon so I can get em, play em, and trade em while they are still worth something. Talk about sports games not being a good investment... go figure.

[quote name='deadite76']Just got back from picking up DAH. Unfortunately when I asked the girl about the free Plan 9 DVD she looked very confused. Oh well I'll try again tomorrow when I go in to pick up Conker. BTW DOOM3 still fetches $30.[/QUOTE]

You really don't want Plan 9 From Outter Space... trust me on this one. Not even for free...

I may have missed this somewhere but does anyone know if GR is doing the free Super Mario 64 DS w/DS purchase? I really want the blue one and I have some credit to spare (I have one but my gf wants a ds...for...Ping Pals).
For obvious reasons I haven't been in GR for awhile.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Ft. Worth Gamerushes are doing the T3F1 deal until Sept. 9. I just got a second confirmation on it.[/QUOTE]

It will be dead by the end of the week. Its a national promotion, and it has ended. Like I said days ago, it will continue in some stores for a few days, maybe a week, before it is halted completley.

Just because one employee says its going on till September dosn't mean it actually will.

[quote name='CoryCubed']I may have missed this somewhere but does anyone know if GR is doing the free Super Mario 64 DS w/DS purchase? I really want the blue one and I have some credit to spare (I have one but my gf wants a ds...for...Ping Pals).
For obvious reasons I haven't been in GR for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Nope, there not participating. Neither is Game Crazy. Grrr. I have $150 in credit and want a Blue DS, but won't get one with Mario.

i have posted something related before, but i talked with a GR employee at a different store from cory's today, and he said that the guy at corporate that has been in charge of coming up with these promotions has been fired. he also said what one of the guys at cory's store said; that a guy who has been at EB has taken the fired guys job at GR corporate. so i would expect some of these deals to reappear in the future, but heavily modified, i.e, bigtime exclusion lists, trade2 or 3 get PO for $20, etc.

[quote name='aaa']isnt this the asshole who abuses his power and lies out of his ass. people, since this is coming from a reliable source, it must be true! lets sing and eat cookies! CAG party :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's why I won't go near the store with a ten foot pole. But some of my friends still go there, but they have started to go other stores now

[quote name='io']OK, if that's true (and I'm not questioning your source or anything) it is very wierd that they would kill it early, only to bring it back 10 days later. Wouldn't surprise me though, with the way things have gone so far at GR :D.[/QUOTE]

they're just trying to fix the loopholes, but even if they do, what are the chances their employees can stay caught up. Almost anyone can outsmart them. What percentage of the time have you gone to gamerush, and not have a employe mess up the transaction in some way. I would say that maybe 20% of the time they get it right, but 80% failure to do the transaction right is sad. They eventually just credit your account, but seriously.... they need to get their sh#t together, and till they do, people will take advantage of the loop holes. And when you have managers like Virgil, abusing his powers, turning customers off, and all his employees not liking him, what do you expect. They need to fix the loopholes, AND get ride of the trash.

^^^^^^ Yeah, I know what you are saying. I think many people were able to use 2003 and older sports titles with the old deals, so we'll see how well enforced any new exclusions are, especially at the beginning. At my GR they were pretty on top of the exclusions though as they mentioned the no old sports games thing every time someone asked about the deals. However, since they do separate transactions for the trade-in and purchase parts of the deal the computer can't automatically kill the deal if the wrong games are traded in.

--------------------------

My local (non-GR) BB has the trade 3 get a $5 PO deal still active as of late Tuesday night, but I didn't use it. They have a good selection, but nothing I wanted. I will see tomorrow if the GR still has the $29.99 deal when I (hopefully) pick up Psychonauts.

I got some price quotes for the last few games I am thinking of trading in (but, as with THUG and BG&E, could just as easily keep as I never got around to playing them):

GC - NFL Street: $5 (less than I expected)
PS2 - Eye Toy Groove: $7 (more than I expected)

and PS2 NHL 2004 still gets $8. This is likely to be excluded in any new deals since I assume they'll throw 2004 sports titles into the exclusion list at a minimum. Since there aren't any PO I want at the BB, and I have nothing left to preorder at GR I might just trade this in by itself. It will feel wierd not trading in combination with some deal, but I just need to get rid of it...

i wish GR had the free mario deal. guess ill just buy it at costco. hate laying out the cash, but oh well

Well the deals are one of the reasons I put up with it taking like 15 minutes to 45 minutes to check out depending on how good the employee is. When your in a time crunch it is amazing how often GR people don't know what the hell they are suppose to do

[quote name='io']and PS2 NHL 2004 still gets $8. This is likely to be excluded in any new deals since I assume they'll throw 2004 sports titles into the exclusion list at a minimum.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, 2004 sports titles may already have been excluded by the end of the promo. I was at a store on Monday that insisted that the deal only included 2005 and newer sports titles and actually looked up in their map and saw that was what it said. It may be that an update went out but pretty much no one realized.

[quote name='Engineer_J']Well the deals are one of the reasons I put up with it taking like 15 minutes to 45 minutes to check out depending on how good the employee is. When your in a time crunch it is amazing how often GR people don't know what the hell they are suppose to do[/QUOTE]

NEVER go at night on your way to work and try to do anything besides rent a movie or game! :roll::bomb: I've did that one to many times.

i called this morning asking for conker. after the guy said there was non in the computer, i spelled it for him, he then found it saying it wont be in till the 24th.

i got the game using the 2 for $30 preorder and i want the game today, like all the other stores. is there a high chance that this guy was wrong?

[quote name='$hady']NEVER go at night on your way to work and try to do anything besides rent a movie or game! :roll::bomb: I've did that one to many times.[/QUOTE]

I've had the same 15 - 45 minute delay no matter what time I go. I thought if I go in the morning, when it's not busy at all, it might be quicker - no dice. It takes them at least ten minutes to even find a person to do the trade-in's.

Morning, afternoon, night.. and if there is a person in front of you trading in as well? Forget about it, you could be there for almost an hour.

Hell, I went to trade in 1 game the other day, and it took the guy around 20 minutes.

[quote name='sega4ever']i called this morning asking for conker. after the guy said there was non in the computer, i spelled it for him, he then found it saying it wont be in till the 24th.

i got the game using the 2 for $30 preorder and i want the game today, like all the other stores. is there a high chance that this guy was wrong?[/QUOTE]

Well, I picked up my Conker this morning at GR.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, I picked up my Conker this morning at GR.[/QUOTE]

can you give some impressions after you spend some time with it? do you have live?

[quote name='swetooth9']can you give some impressions after you spend some time with it? do you have live?[/QUOTE]

Others will play it before me because I'm still at work and it's going to be a late night. I do have Live though.

i picked my conker as well this morning. i also had to pick up the complete zelda majora's mas and the complete goldeye with it, and got zelda: the ocarina of time for free. i also picked up raze's hell, skygunner, and the magical tetris challenge on n64.

[quote name='sega4ever']i called this morning asking for conker. after the guy said there was non in the computer, i spelled it for him, he then found it saying it wont be in till the 24th.

i got the game using the 2 for $30 preorder and i want the game today, like all the other stores. is there a high chance that this guy was wrong?[/QUOTE]

do not breat a sweat. for the regular employees at blockbuster, when they want to see when a game is in, they check their computer and it always tells them it will be in friday of the release week, instead of tuesday or wednesday. i always ask if they have gotten their game shipments, and if they have, ask them if conker was in the shipment. store should have it in by now, or they will probably get the shipment later today

i just came back 20-30 minutes ago from gamerush. there was one female emplyee talking to a large male emplyee opening boxes. i asked for conker hoping that it was just some sales monkey on the phone this morning and the fat man opening the boxes just says 24th yet again.

so i called the 823 Bandera road gamerush here in san antonio. a guy named miguel (sp?) answers saying they got it for sale but not rent. i asked since i used the 2 for $30 deal at the w commerce store if i could use it at his. he said i couldnt. when i said i already called w commerce this morning, then just came from there, he said he call for me. when he comes back he said David (fat man maybe?) the district manager, gm or something it just came in there shipment today.

if there are any "powers that be" reading this miguel (sp?) at the 823 Bandera Road 210-435-2051 in san antonio tx is a nice and helpful employee. and if the guy who was opening boxes and told me the 24th is some type of manegment and the west commerce gamerush location, please chew him out thx.

or are there any disgruntled employees here who have a number or email for me to complain about that would help too.

Score!

I just got a copy of FFTA new for $15. They had it racked with the half off Nintendo games at my store, and I was able to talk the employee into giving it to me for that price.

Getting home and realizing that it wasn't actually on the list just makes it that much sweeter. :)

Earlier today at my local Blockbuster...

I guess the trade in 3 get any PO for $5 ended on Monday or something...either way I was able to trade-in Chaos Theroy, SW III, & Madden 2004 for $67 credit and still get RAD for the PS2, for $5. It was a nice strike of luck.

[quote name='rywateska']Earlier today at my local Blockbuster...

I guess the trade in 3 get any PO for $5 ended on Monday or something...either way I was able to trade-in Chaos Theroy, SW III, & Madden 2004 for $67 credit and still get RAD for the PS2, for $5. It was a nice strike of luck.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Monday. Its been talked about for the last 15-20 pages or so.

Also, the Trade 2 get a new/preorder for $30 is done with in SoCal as well. Boo

Add another few EB deals:

GBA - Robopon (both Ring and Cross versions - one sells for $4.99, the other sells for $5.99, can't remember which was which): trades for $12

GBA - Turbo Turtle Adventures ($5.99): trades for $12

GBA - Jazz Jackrabbit ($7.99): trades for $12

With the $50 system trade-in promos at EB, these make for a nice way to build up credit.

[quote name='TimTucker']Add another few EB deals:

GBA - Robopon (both Ring and Cross versions - one sells for $4.99, the other sells for $5.99, can't remember which was which): trades for $12

GBA - Turbo Turtle Adventures ($5.99): trades for $12

GBA - Jazz Jackrabbit ($7.99): trades for $12

With the $50 system trade-in promos at EB, these make for a nice way to build up credit.[/QUOTE]

Assuming we'd still want to shop at GR after they've been jackasses at the corporate level.

it's amazing how much this thread has slowed down since the deals died. Well not so amazing since GR has nothing really going for them anymore.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']So I could do a buy-two-get-one on the $0.99 retro games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've done it quite a few times. Hard to understand just how much people are complaining over deals ending -- it still seems like the current deals and trade-in values make Gamerush better than EB or Gamestop.

Bought a USB cord at GameRush today. On the cash register LCD (or whatever it's called; y'know, the digital readout) it said:

"Coming Soon: Preorder for $5"

Wonder what that means...

Man, was I pissed. Yesterday I saw a Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne at the third closest GameRush to me...one day too late.

Anybody successfully try the Trade 3 for $5 PO in the last couple of days (post 6/20)?

I know it was supposed to end Monday (6/20) but my friend said his store in the city still has the signs up as of Wednesday... I went to my own local suburb BB but they had already taken their signs down... it's probably dead but I figure I'd check out that BB on Thursday since I'm visiting my friend anyway.

picked up my 3 copies of Conker (one for me) and DAH!. also put $5 down on 3 xbox 360 titles.

[quote name='TimTucker']Yes, I've done it quite a few times. Hard to understand just how much people are complaining over deals ending -- it still seems like the current deals and trade-in values make Gamerush better than EB or Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Far from it. Game Rush offers 20% of what the other stores offer (More copies, unique titles, getting games in on time, PC games etc.) The only reason a majority of us ever went there was because of the deals...and they seems very dead for the moment.

Picked up Conker today and saw a scratch disc fixer machine like Game Dr. but it was by Memorex. It is electronic and it cleans and fixes scratched discs, this was going for 1.99 ofcourse i picked it up.

GR will be my store for a while because they give the most trade in credit. and it seems like they will always have the buy 2 get 1 free or buy 1 get 1 50% off deal. one of my gamerush has a great selection of used games (UC2, chaos theory,MC3, Advent Rising, SW:Episode III, Ridge Racer, RE4, and i havent even checked out the PS2 section) if i have to wait an extra day, no big deal. plus, the employees from my GR are much nicer than the employees from my gamestop. might buy a game once in a while at GameStop. nothing more.

[quote name='sabin23']Anybody successfully try the Trade 3 for $5 PO in the last couple of days (post 6/20)?

I know it was supposed to end Monday (6/20) but my friend said his store in the city still has the signs up as of Wednesday... I went to my own local suburb BB but they had already taken their signs down... it's probably dead but I figure I'd check out that BB on Thursday since I'm visiting my friend anyway.[/QUOTE]

My GR has ended both deals (apparently the $29.99 deal was still active yesterday but I couldn't make it in). A BB near me, however, has the trade 3 promo signs still up and the barcode near the register stating it runs through Sept. 5th. Tonight (Weds) I asked them to scan a game and then the code, though, just to check, and it came up "invalid". They said they would honor the deal by manually adjusting the credit. Too bad they don't have anything I want to get :(. Or at least nothing I want with the games I have left to trade - if I had CC $1.99 games I would have gone for it, but with the games I had I would have lost on the trades and the games I was looking at weren't worth it. The uncertainty makes it not worth running out to get anything at EB since I might not get to do the deal anyway with a different clerk.

The point is, though, that they have DEACTIVATED the barcode system-wide and it is just an extreme YMMV if you get the right employee at the right store who will offer to override the rejection (I don't think it came up telling her the deal was dead, or cancelled early - just "invalid"). FWIW, this was the first time this particular young lady had even tried to ring up a game with the deal - so it was a fairly well-kept secret at this store despite their signage (they have the little ones on the game shelves not the huge ones). I did get a few games there last week so I'm happy with the deal...

[quote name='Archaic']Bought a USB cord at GameRush today. On the cash register LCD (or whatever it's called; y'know, the digital readout) it said:

"Coming Soon: Preorder for $5"

Wonder what that means...[/QUOTE]

All the preorder boxes have that language on them, it's the same deal that EB and GS run to lock you in early on preordered games. You don't get anything back in return. I know EB and GS guarantee the game day of release. Hmm, lets see what is GR's record on having games in day of release ???

I also picked up my conker yesterday, no phone call, they were still in a box. Clerk didn't know they had come in. Games are not BB's priority.

[quote name='aaa']GR will be my store for a while because they give the most trade in credit. and it seems like they will always have the buy 2 get 1 free or buy 1 get 1 50% off deal. one of my gamerush has a great selection of used games (UC2, chaos theory,MC3, Advent Rising, SW:Episode III, Ridge Racer, RE4, and i havent even checked out the PS2 section) if i have to wait an extra day, no big deal. plus, the employees from my GR are much nicer than the employees from my gamestop. might buy a game once in a while at GameStop. nothing more.[/QUOTE]

Hey aaa, you certainly post a lot of positive comments about BB and GR. Do I detect a BB shill ?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shill

I had a game on preorder, area 51, which came out a while ago. I had asked earlier if I could swap preorders but the manager couldnt do it until after the game I really wanted was released. So I went in yesterday because I was going to exchange for psychonauts for PS2 and lo and behold, they cant do it because they have no area 51 in stock. Supposedly if they cant deliver the game then they cant exchange the game. I was told to come back when the manager came in to see what could be done. I just find this weird because the game I want is in, but the game they owe me is not... crap.

[quote name='io']My GR has ended both deals (apparently the $29.99 deal was still active yesterday but I couldn't make it in). A BB near me, however, has the trade 3 promo signs still up and the barcode near the register stating it runs through Sept. 5th. Tonight (Weds) I asked them to scan a game and then the code, though, just to check, and it came up "invalid". They said they would honor the deal by manually adjusting the credit. Too bad they don't have anything I want to get :(. Or at least nothing I want with the games I have left to trade - if I had CC $1.99 games I would have gone for it, but with the games I had I would have lost on the trades and the games I was looking at weren't worth it. The uncertainty makes it not worth running out to get anything at EB since I might not get to do the deal anyway with a different clerk.

The point is, though, that they have DEACTIVATED the barcode system-wide and it is just an extreme YMMV if you get the right employee at the right store who will offer to override the rejection (I don't think it came up telling her the deal was dead, or cancelled early - just "invalid"). FWIW, this was the first time this particular young lady had even tried to ring up a game with the deal - so it was a fairly well-kept secret at this store despite their signage (they have the little ones on the game shelves not the huge ones). I did get a few games there last week so I'm happy with the deal...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your experience about how the code is DEACTIVATED and how some stores may override it (YMMV of course)... that gives me some hope I might be able to do some trades still.

I still have a few cheap games for trade-in and am pining for God of War, DOOM 3... Of course, this is the same BB that gave me hell and insisted I would NOT get credit for games I trade in as part of the Trade3/$5 PO deal... I think i have a shot at this BB because they seem to be behind all the other stores in regards to updates/info... at the beginning of the promo, their PO shelves were nearly empty but they stockpiled a bunch of great titles end of last week.

Anyone know if Sneakers is tradeable at any store?
It's one of those TRZone exclusives so maybe it's a BB Freestyle Soccer type of situation at fye/wherehouse ($27.50 at one point according to the the FYE Price List thread but not buying according to website though). I believe it dropped to $0.01 at fye b&m now... I picked up a couple of free copies at TRU.

[quote name='sabin23']
Anyone know if Sneakers is tradeable at any store?
It's one of those TRZone exclusives so maybe it's a BB Freestyle Soccer type of situation at fye/wherehouse ($27.50 according to the FYE Price List thread but not buying according to website though) ... I picked up a couple of free copies at TRU.[/QUOTE]

Sneakers should work, I saw a few PO copies at Gamerush when I went before, so somebody must have used them as part of the sale, since there was roughly 4-5 on the shelf next to all the Echo Night Beyond's and Astro Boy's.

[quote name='stoned99']Hey aaa, you certainly post a lot of positive comments about BB and GR. Do I detect a BB shill ?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shill[/QUOTE]

not at all. its just that i was able to get games for around 1/3-1/4 of the MSRP since september. thanks to gamerush, i own a gamecube, tons of games i would have never boughten (psychonauts, doom 3, DAH!, MC3, Episode III, Advent Rising come to mind from the last 2 months), and i was formally an owner of a PSP. I was pissed that they ended the deals. i have to spend $50 for a freaking game (soon to be $60 :bomb: ). its terrible. life goes on. i think the way GR conducts themselves with their deals is so idiotic that in a way, they deserve to get scammed. the make some terrible deals from a financial standpoint. GR was a great run while lasted, and hopefully, some more deals will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back