Gamerush deals thread (50% off Select Nintendo Titles / B2G1 PO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMR

Banned
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSH and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

This First Post has all the basic information you could ever want. Please consult here before just asking a question. Or don't, it's entirely up to you :)

Please keep all discussion regarding "flipping" in the following thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Trade-In Deals

None at this time :(

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

50% off Select Nintendo Titles (New only). May 31 - End of June?

Gamecube
StarFox Assault
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (without Bongos)
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2
Mario Power Tennis
Legend of Zelda Four Swords
Custom Robo
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Party 5
Eternal Darkness

GBA
F-Zero GP Legend
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Zelda II, Metroid and Castlevania (Classic NES Series)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario Pinball Land
Final Fantasy I & II
Mario Golf

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 Preowned PS1 Games for $15!

Was 5 PS1 Games for $20 or 10 for $35... see a trend?

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - June 20th

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of

The most recent flyer is dated June 14, 2005. Thanks to Zon27 for typing it up.

Front top: advertises Buy 2 get the 3rd Free on all Pre-owned games.
Front bottom: advertises Pre-owned PS1 games 5 for $15

Trade prices:
$35:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas XB

$30:
Doom 3
Forza Motorsports
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Jade Empire
NBA Street 3 (all sys)
Star Wars Episode III (ps2, xb)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (all sys)
Unreal Championship 2

$28:
Advent Rising
MVP Baseball (psp)
NBA Street Showdown (psp)

$26:
Area 51 (ps2, xb)
Pariah

$25:
Mario Party 6

$22:
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (psp)

$20:
Batman Begins (ps2, xb)
Madgascar (ps2, xb, gc)
Medal of Honor European Assault (all sys)
Need for Speed Underground (ds)
Star Wars Episode III (ds)

$18:
Pokemon Emerald
WarioWare: Touched!

$15:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast (gc)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tiger Woods 2005 (ps2, xb)
WarioWare: Twisted!

$12:
Polarium

$10:
Major League Baseball 2K5 (ps2, xb)
Outlaw Volleyball: Remixed (ps2)
Suikoden III

$8:
Burnout 2: Point of Impact (gc)
Def Jam Fight for NY (ps2)
Frogger Beyond (gc)
Simpson's Road Rage (gc)
Star Ocean: Til The End of Time
Tales of Symphonia
WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games

Hardware:
PSP $160
PS2 Slim $85
XBox $85
PS1 $10

Accessories:
GC Steering Wheel (any brand) $5
GC Wavebird Battery pack (any) $3
PS2 Memory card (any) $7
PS2 AV-S Video Cable (any) $3
PSP Safe Case (any) $3
Universal LSC Game Screen (any) $20
XBox DVD Remote (any) $7
XBox value Wireless Controller (hip Brand) $6
XBox High def AV Pack (any) $6
XBox Controller (any) $5
XBox Dance Pad (any) $5
XBox Component Cable (any) $3
XBox Headset only (any) $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy

$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Conker XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)
XBox 360 Games

OTHER INFO

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must be 18 and have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush. If you are not 18, you can trade under a parent or guardian's BB acount, but they must sign a trade agreement.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by "flipping" games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to. Remember, discussion of "loopholes" and "flipping" should be kept in the thread linked at the beginning of this post. We've all had a year's worth of discussion on the ethics of capitalizing on the loopholes, but the fact remains - you sign a Trading Agreement and are subject to the conditions you agreed upon. If you abuse the system, chances are it'll catch up to you one way or another.

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...sj41 has access to these, but really there is no reason for you to want them except for nostalgia.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.

Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.

CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He was the second in charge of the GameRush OP.

drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.

Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.

And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I plan to go in tomorrow and trade in the following:

Jade Empire(XB)
Madden 2004(XB)
Metal Gear Ac!d(PSP)
Dynasty Warriors 4(XB)

I plan to preorder Death Jr. and Burnout Revenge(both PSP)
yup. any ideas on trade values?[/QUOTE]

jade empire-30
metal gear acid-22 (all $40 games that i know of for PSP get that)
Madden 2004-$1.50
dynasty warriors-probably 10-15 since it is $30.

burnout revenge might not be in the system, so be prepared

Keep up with the posting on here and before long they will not even let you park your car in the BB parking lot when you come to work... Oh yeah, quit while you are ahead.

[quote name='CoryCubed']Speaking of BANS...I have now been banned for trading. Yes. LOL. Luckily I can still rent.

I had traded up at the stores by my school that I am going to this summer which is 15 miles away and they had received a call to put a hold on my account and not allow me to trade. well whatever

The fact I was suspended barely even phased me. Mostly because I knew what they were saying was false and I had no intention of wrongdoing that they were accusing me of (i mean seriously, I post videogame deals on a videogame deal website and I get accussed of hemmoraging confidential and proprietary information that may help the competition?). I got grilled for an hour and no matter what I said it didn't mean jack and everything I said was flipped on me (pun intended) to make me the worst employee in the world. Yet, who do they ask to transfer to a much more "opportunity and high transaction store" Me. Me Me Me.

I get accused of all this when all I was trying to do is help bring people in the stores. Yes I posted my store (which was dumb I know )but that was because
I thought it may get some people to presale, trade, rent, purchase, whichever and start some word of mouth.

and you know what? I am finally upset because, AS A CUSTOMER, I get banned for trading because I traded outside my home area.

I'm pretty sure that now they think I am a flipper, I won't have a chance of going back. That sucks. That really sucks. Because, no matter what I say, I will be blamed for everything.

So anyways life goes on. Its amazing how one event can bring you from being happy and proud of where you work to being kicked into the gutter by said place and blamed for the worst things. Its depressing really, and what do you do when no matter what you say or do matters? When you are accused of something you didn't do, yet one could argue that you were and tear apart everything you say just when your trying to defend yourself and explain the TRUE nature of the situation?

You know the flipping thread? They think I created that to encourage flipping.

You know in the deals where I said get it while it lasts? They think I said that to encourage flipping.

They went on to say that all I did was advocate and promote flipping in EVERY thing I said. Naturally I explained the TRUTH. We all know why the flipping thread was created. To try to weed out the flipping discussion and make a clean and informative Game Rush thread so people can save money and Game Rush would get some good business. Instead I was accused of promoting the flipping.

I said the get it while it lasts because, just like any car commerical, deals do end and it gets people they are sitting on the fence to get in on the promo before its gone.

This should give you an idea of what I am up against and I've just about given up hope. Maybe I should have given up along time ago but I really do like working at Blockbuster. I didn't plan on staying at the store level forever either. I figured once I was done with school, depending on what I ultimately major in, I would be able to get into human resources, loss prevention, or the computer support department. Now, I may not even be able to this if this goes on my employment record which is highly unfair to me, especially considering I was un aware my postings would have this much impact and I wasn't even warned before hand.[/QUOTE]

I think exchanging a presell for another game should be no hassle. fine give me back $30, but put the damn coupon code back in the system since it was already earned.

traded last night:

ps2
mercenaries $30
xbox
prince of persia $8
ultra bust a move $7
gc
Metroid Prime $5
3 wavebird battery packs $3 each

Preordered
Zelda Twilight Princess $31.79
and
Ghost Recon 3 (Xbox360) $32.53

they were confused by the $59.99 price of the game and manually entered more credit into the computer to cover my trade. :cool: Here's my receipt

X360 - GR3
presale (deposit) $58.99
credit -28.30
--------------------------------
subtotal 30.69
tax 1.84
-------------------------------
total 32.53

so for all you being forced to pay $39.99 for 360 games........... :-({|= :lol:

[quote name='dc414']Just so every one knows the reason why when you try to change your presells to xbox 360 games and they are only giving you $30 credit is becasue 1. All Gr employees were told that XB360 Games can not be used in this 29.99 deal and also you used a deal and 2. actually you only payed $30 dollars thats why you are only getting $30 back . You might have had $50 in credit and bought the game for $30 but you walked away with the extra $20. Also the employee has no control over it. If they go into the system and select refund presell the system will only give you $29.99 casue that is what was payed. reguardless of how much you might think it is worth $50. Bottom line it is not, you only payed $30 and walked away with $20 in savings.[/QUOTE]

but you still traded 2 of your own games in to GET the 20 in savings...

[quote name='swetooth9']but you still traded 2 of your own games in to GET the 20 in savings...[/QUOTE]

They also give you the credit for those 2 games ON TOP of the $20 savings.

Is it my imagination or are posts being deleted from this thread. I'm getting emails about posts, but when I come to the thread they are gone. Strangly the two in recent hours have been about another GR banning and a long rant from Cory, which I suspect he deleted himself once he calmed down. (And Cory, I noticed you have changed the content of all your posts to Personal Matters, I understand what you are doing, but many of the other posts quote your's, so it may be a wasted effort. Good luck with school, managing a GR should not be the highest point in your career path).

A few questions that I have seen asked but not completely answered:

-If you are banned from a store, are your trading priveledges just revoked or is your entire account suspended (ie, no renting, purchasing, etc.)

-The value cards that credit is put on to are not tied to your account, correct? I'm pretty sure this is true because I gave one I had to a friend and he used it just fine.

-Do Blockbuster value cards work at Gamerush? I have one by my college which I've never been to, but none by my house. I have some credit that I'd like to use at Gamerush when I get back since BB's game selection isn't as good?

-Finally, do you need to have an account to use a value card to make purchases?

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']A few questions that I have seen asked but not completely answered:

-If you are banned from a store, are your trading priveledges just revoked or is your entire account suspended (ie, no renting, purchasing, etc.)

-The value cards that credit is put on to are not tied to your account, correct? I'm pretty sure this is true because I gave one I had to a friend and he used it just fine.

-Do Blockbuster value cards work at Gamerush? I have one by my college which I've never been to, but none by my house. I have some credit that I'd like to use at Gamerush when I get back since BB's game selection isn't as good?

-Finally, do you need to have an account to use a value card to make purchases?[/QUOTE]1. Account suspended.

2. They are not connected to account.

3. BB cards work at GR.

4. No account is needed.

Viewtiful Joe on the PS2 = $5
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 = $1.50

Preordered Virtua Tennis on the PSP for $25.96. Oh well, it was a fun run while it lasted. Glad I didn't buy a ton of those cheap crappy games at BestBuy, heh.

So I stopped by two stores during lunch today to use the trade 3, get a used for $5 deal. At the first, I picked up a used copy of Virtua Quest (GCN). At the second, I had a used Shadow of Rome on hold behind the counter that I was picking up. We get all the way done with the transaction and as I'm walking out the door I open up the case and notice that there is no game inside. This doesn't come as a big surprise to me since Blockbuster has a horrible theft problem. (Five of the games I've tried to buy in the past week from several different BB's have actually just been empty cases.)

Anyway, so instead of Shadow of Rome, I picked up War Of The Monsters. Seemed like a fair switch to me since they didn't have anything else I wanted. Well, I just got back and was looking at my receipt and they credited my account for the $40 that Shadow of Rome was priced at and gave me War Of The Monsters (priced at $24). So it appears that I ended up with an extra $16 on my account.

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']A few questions that I have seen asked but not completely answered:

-Finally, do you need to have an account to use a value card to make purchases?[/QUOTE]

Where you banned from trading, or from the entire store. IF you have been banned from the entire store, that would be a first. Most of the people banned so far have just been prevented from trading.

I'm not banned or stopped from doing anything at all because I've been very careful with what I've been doing. I've used over 10 different BBs to get games from, and learned from a friend of mine who works at BB what employees from one store can and cannot see information-wise from other stores. I was just curious.

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']I'm not banned or stopped from doing anything at all because I've been very careful with what I've been doing. I've used over 10 different BBs to get games from, and learned from a friend of mine who works at BB what employees from one store can and cannot see information-wise from other stores. I was just curious.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but apparently BB can combine your trading from all stores (this was covered in the flipping thread by a GR DM). Now I'm assuming they would only do this if you tweaked their curiosity at a GR, but watch out. Big Brother is paying close attention.

Hey guys, I went to GR yesterday and traded in:

Super Mario 64 DS-$12.00
Untold Legends(PSP)$22.00
Katamari Damacy(PS2)-$8.00
Gungrave(PS2)-$5.00
Ninja Gaiden(Xbox)-$17.00
Lunar Legends(GBA)-$9.00
Super Mario Advance(GBA)-$12.00
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2(GBA)-$2.00
Super Dodge Ball Advance(GBA)-$6.00
Pokemon Sapphire(GBA)-$12.00

I did the 2 for $30 deal and preordered some Xbox 360 games:

Condemed
Elder Scrolls IV
Frame City Killers
Perfect Dark Zero
Gears of War

Ended up paying $57.32 and now I have 5 Xbox360 games paid in full. They still won't let me preorder the console yet, though. I may go later toay and get 2-3 more games.

I don't really have a bubble to be burst. The deal's over, I've almost finished trading in all my stuff, and I made out pretty well. If they suspend me, I always have my girlfriend's account to rent on anyway.

[quote name='stoned99']Sorry to burst your bubble, but apparently BB can combine your trading from all stores (this was covered in the flipping thread by a GR DM). Now I'm assuming they would only do this if you tweaked their curiosity at a GR, but watch out. Big Brother is paying close attention.[/QUOTE]

Hence having account in friends/girlfrriends/boyfriends names.

people are so damn lucky to get 360 games for $30. oh well. it is a shame gamerush has come to an end (at least for now). i was able to get $2000-$2500 worth of merchandise for around $500 out of pocket, so gamerush, i thank you. it was a great run. i will continue to be buying at gamerush until all my credit is gone, but i will trade to gamerush as long as they are giving me the most credit (basically a guarantee). so basically, i will be shopping at GR for a while to come. hopefully they dont start lowering their trade in prices ($25 for new releases instead of $35?). ill stop with the buying these games at GS and trading them into gamerush now. looks like ill be a regular gamer now. buy a game. play the game, trade the game, get a new game for $50. nothing more, nothing less. sucks, doesnt it? i have $800 in credit between GR and GS, and once i trade in all my current gen stuff, i should have over $1000, so ill still have money left after 360. *only thing missing is the violin icon*

That sucks that they only let you get $30 back if I cancel a pre-order. Oh well....I still may cancel a few to get some more credit for 360 games. I think I only have about $115 left and about 9 pre-orders though. I just want some credit for 360 games. I guess I can wait....MAYBE they will have another deal...I did not abuse it at all.

[quote name='Spartan.Sniper']Hey guys, I went to GR yesterday and traded in:

Super Mario 64 DS-$12.00
Gungrave(PS2)-$5.00
Lunar Legends(GBA)-$9.00

Condemed
Elder Scrolls IV
Frame City Killers
Perfect Dark Zero
Gears of War

Ended up paying $57.32 and now I have 5 Xbox360 games paid in full. They still won't let me preorder the console yet, though. I may go later toay and get 2-3 more games.[/QUOTE]

Did the deal work with the 360 games or did it have to be overridden in the computer, last time I tried the computer wouldn't let the game drop to $30

[quote name='Spartan.Sniper']Hey guys, I went to GR yesterday and traded in:

Super Mario 64 DS-$12.00
Gungrave(PS2)-$5.00
Lunar Legends(GBA)-$9.00

Condemed
Elder Scrolls IV
Frame City Killers
Perfect Dark Zero
Gears of War

Ended up paying $57.32 and now I have 5 Xbox360 games paid in full. They still won't let me preorder the console yet, though. I may go later toay and get 2-3 more games.[/QUOTE]

Did the deal work with the 360 games or did it have to be overridden in the computer, last time I tried the computer wouldn't let the game drop to $30

[quote name='gizmogc']Hence having account in friends/girlfrriends/boyfriends names.[/QUOTE]

You see I have 1 problem with your statement, and thats the fact that your statement implies the need to hide your actions. There is a fine line between fraud and maximizing a deal. I asked the same question a while back, but decided that doing so would cross my own ethical line. Not that I'm some goody two shoes, but rather I want to play fair. As I see more people banned it makes me feel a little less singled out, and that GR is at least passing level justice.

I would actually like to see GR succeed, as GS needs competition, and there are few large companies capable of competing on the same scale.

It will be a shame to watch this thread wither and die in the next few weeks.

:(

Traded for Xbox: SW. Ep3-$30
Lord of the Rings:Return of the King-$8

PS2: Midway Arcade Treasures-$8

Got Midnight Club 3 for xbox for $5

The deals are dead in Southern California. I visited a few, and calleda dozen others, and both deals are not dead. Some claim it ended last night, a few said it ended days ago.

Looks like I won't ever be stepping into a GR again

[quote name='stoned99']You see I have 1 problem with your statement, and thats the fact that your statement implies the need to hide your actions. There is a fine line between fraud and maximizing a deal. I asked the same question a while back, but decided that doing so would cross my own ethical line. Not that I'm some goody two shoes, but rather I want to play fair. As I see more people banned it makes me feel a little less singled out, and that GR is at least passing level justice.

I would actually like to see GR succeed, as GS needs competition, and there are few large companies capable of competing on the same scale.

It will be a shame to watch this thread wither and die in the next few weeks.

:([/QUOTE]

Well, you do simply need to 'hide' your actions. If you trade a game in that you got for $5 over a week ago, they ban you. A few here can claim that. How is THAT fair? Thats like sayings "Thanks for doing this deal, but don't ever trade it back in'.

I was able to get 3 xbox 360 games for 29.99. They have always had to override any deal involving x360 games for me, but normally the employee that helps me would just take $20 off. Also it has always been a manager that does the overriding. I tried doing it the other day with a regular employee and he said managers were the only ones that could do that type of transaction.

I asked about the deals today, and the store said they would not be doing the 29.99 deal after tonight. On a positive note, they said they would always do the 3 for $5 deal until the scan doesn't work anymore.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']tell us if the deal works or not[/QUOTE]

Yes please do tell if it works after today...

I still have a couple more Primals leftover from the TRU green tag sale so I may consider trading that and some other cheap games for Doom 3 or Fight Night Rd. 2... but i won't shed any tears if the deal ends today.

Between me friend and I, we've gotten about 22-games at several BBs (no flipping involved) that we really wanted to play but did not want to pay full price on... i'm set with a stack of games for at least a year... i'll probably skip the next-gen systems for a while (unless i see some cheap-ass deals at CAG).

[quote name='doubledown']That sucks that they only let you get $30 back if I cancel a pre-order. Oh well....I still may cancel a few to get some more credit for 360 games. I think I only have about $115 left and about 9 pre-orders though. I just want some credit for 360 games. I guess I can wait....MAYBE they will have another deal...I did not abuse it at all.[/QUOTE]

Burnout Legends is NOW in the system for PSP. They also changed the DS title to "Legends" (from "Revenge"). I was able to cancel my DS Burnout preorder and switch it to the PSP version. The manager helped out and he specifically instructed the cashier to override the $39.99 credit I got for the DS one and change it to $29.99. Then he rang up the PSP version at $49.99 and scanned the coupon to make it 29.99 again - so, an even swap. What worries me is that the preorder coupon is required to make it work. So if that dies then it will be harder to switch preorders (they'll give you $29.99 back and charge you $49.99, unless they manually override that as well). I will most likely have to switch that NCAA Football 2006 for GC - hopefully they will do an override for me on that one at least.

[quote name='eraser813']
PS2: Midway Arcade Treasures-$8
[/QUOTE]

Did this really go UP $1, or was this a typo :D

[quote name='ksuwild25']
I asked about the deals today, and the store said they would not be doing the 29.99 deal after tonight. On a positive note, they said they would always do the 3 for $5 deal until the scan doesn't work anymore.
[/QUOTE]

Well, at my GR they have already cancelled the trade 3 for $5 PO (signs were taken down), but they have every intention of continuing the $29.99 deal. On the other hand, the local Blockbuster told me the trade 3 for $5 PO deal will go through July. It is going to be very YMMV for the next few weeks - it already is as of last weekend, apparently, at many stores.

[quote name='sabin23']
Between me friend and I, we've gotten about 22-games at several BBs (no flipping involved) that we really wanted to play but did not want to pay full price on... i'm set with a stack of games for at least a year... i'll probably skip the next-gen systems for a while (unless i see some cheap-ass deals at CAG).
[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. I only got a few of the $5 PO games, but with the preorder deal I will be having a steady stream of games coming in through January. I don't mind the deals ending, for a while anyway, as I simply need a break from all of this :D. Of course, I hope they bring something back in a month or two. They will need to do something on preorders again as I'm sure they will drop to nothing once the deal is dead.

I called a few BBV today and one said the deal ends today. Another didnt know, another said the end of the week/end of the month. Hopefully the deal will live on a few more days.

If GR starts to lose business becaues of their bullshit of pulling the deals; I wonder if theyll bring them back? I mean if the deals did bring in alot of games, than that should stop and business will go down. If theyre into screwing over honest people and screwing people like me who used the deal properly; than screw them. I hope they do go out of business. Either that or bring a deal back...

I think it's funny how this thread has turned into the happiest place in town to the angry clown village. :D I'll miss the deals but i'm not gonna be all pissy that they are ending, if BB feels they are losing money it's their right to stop the deals. If it is over for good, then it was a good run while it lasted and i for one know that i got my moneys worth out of their deals. ;)

Here are some trade values. Probably won't do much good for anyone now, but maybe they'll help someone in a late-night, last second run to preorder that Burnout Legends for PSP that just got added (and if anyone can see if anything else has been added to the system for PSP I'd appreciate it).

I didn't trade most of these, just price-checked several games to figure out what I wanted to trade in. Some of these I got at the CC $5 glitch sale in December (?) with the intention of playing, but never got around to it - a sign that they just might need to go :D:

GC - THUG: $5
GC - Jimmy Neutron Jet Fusion: $8
GC - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: $11
Xbox: Thief Deadly Shadows: $4.50
PS2 - Beyond Good & Evil: $5
GBA - Fairly Oddparents Volume 1 video: $2

The last one they said they'd take for trade, though I didn't do it. For $2 I'll keep it for the kids for car trips. This was one that EB had on sale for $5.

Preordered Y's for PSP... That might just be it, though out of curiosity I might go back in 2 or 3 days and see if the preorder deal is still active.

[quote name='$hady']I think it's funny how this thread has turned into the happiest place in town to the angry clown village. :D I'll miss the deals but i'm not gonna be all pissy that they are ending, if BB feels they are losing money it's their right to stop the deals. If it is over for good, then it was a good run while it lasted and i for one know that i got my moneys worth out of their deals. ;)[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think people are actually grieving about the deals ending. I don't really get it why people are angry at GR, it's not like they came into our homes and stole our games.

The only real loser in this whole deal was CoryCubed, I feel bad for him, he was not acting against BB's best interests. The only mistake I would accuse him of was posting the deals ahead of them going live. Once the deals went live, no one could be accused of giving the competition inside information. And lets face it the same information was available via word of mouth anyways.

My only regret is not finding a third GR that was close to my home before I was banned. They had a much better selection than the two GR's I traded at, and seem to have a well organized store (it's on Beach / Atlanta in the OC.. Note to Mark, GR DM, if I really was in it to profit, I would have traded at this store as well!!).

O well it's summer, it's time to play outside anyways. Anyone for a water fight :)

[quote name='gizmogc']Well, you do simply need to 'hide' your actions. If you trade a game in that you got for $5 over a week ago, they ban you. A few here can claim that. How is THAT fair? Thats like sayings "Thanks for doing this deal, but don't ever trade it back in'.[/QUOTE]

Yup!! They do have a warped sense of reality on that one. I don't think they ever counted on people buying games from them, playing them and actually bringing them back. My guess is it's a bunch of 50 year old women running the game department, asking advice from their 8 year old children. O, and they probablly all come from affluent neighbourhoods, where no one ever needs to trade in games to buy new games.

[quote name='dpatel']They also give you the credit for those 2 games ON TOP of the $20 savings.[/QUOTE]

Yes but the deal is for the credit PLUS a new game for $29.99. They should give you back $49.99 Giving you back only $29.99 is going back on their deal.

So, I take it the GameRush employees have no idea on any NEW deals in the near future? It's ok.....I'm not terribly upset...I just wish I could switch my pre-orders for $50 credit...oh well, I'm not complaining, I'll still get 10 more games :) yeah

So, does GameRush give the Pre-Order deals to you when you PICK up a game?

I know you are supposed to get a Planet9 DVD when you pre-order Destroy All Humans
- FREE Fantasy Football Subscription with Madden 2006 pre-order.

I have never got ANYTHING from GameRush for pre-orders

[quote name='Ravenous']I called a few BBV today and one said the deal ends today. Another didnt know, another said the end of the week/end of the month. Hopefully the deal will live on a few more days.

If GR starts to lose business becaues of their bullshit of pulling the deals; I wonder if theyll bring them back? I mean if the deals did bring in alot of games, than that should stop and business will go down. If theyre into screwing over honest people and screwing people like me who used the deal properly; than screw them. I hope they do go out of business. Either that or bring a deal back...[/QUOTE]

The entire GR business model is under review. I hear that they have a certain amount of time to make them profitable or it's so long GR.
(Worked there before 4/28)

[quote name='doubledown']So, does GameRush give the Pre-Order deals to you when you PICK up a game?

I know you are supposed to get a Planet9 DVD when you pre-order Destroy All Humans
- FREE Fantasy Football Subscription with Madden 2006 pre-order.

I have never got ANYTHING from GameRush for pre-orders[/QUOTE]

yes they are supposed to give the freebies, but if you dont pick up day 1, don't be suprised if your freebie is gone.

[quote name='Indiana']Yes but the deal is for the credit PLUS a new game for $29.99. They should give you back $49.99 Giving you back only $29.99 is going back on their deal.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is quite fair to expect them to give you $49.99 credit with no strings attached. If so, people would put in a bunch of preorders with the $29.99 deal and then cancel them to build credit. However, I think they should allow you to switch to other preorders and not have to pay anything additional (I'm not talking Xbox 360 preorders here, just regular $39.99 and $49.99 priced ones).

[quote name='CocheseUGA']
The entire GR business model is under review. I hear that they have a certain amount of time to make them profitable or it's so long GR.
(Worked there before 4/28)
[/QUOTE]

Now, if they do fold, it will be interesting to see what happens with preorders. I have one that has a March '06 release date (Tales of Legendia) and several others that release in Nov/Dec. It would kind of suck to get back a bunch of $29.99 credits and have to spend them ASAP. I suppose it could go onto value cards and could be used at regular BB's. In that case, I'd save it for new release DVD's. They had better at least give us notice and let us get our credit back for the preorders!

It would be nice to know that exactly that "certain amount of time" is.

I preordered 4 xbox360 games for 40 bucks, they just took 20 off each with the trade two deal, he tried doing them for 30 but the system wouldn't let him (I think he could have, but oh well, not complaining)... very nice

It was great while it lasted. So are the deals on the PS1 games (b1g1, buy 5 PO for $15, or all new PS1 games for $6.99) still running after today? I hope so, because I still would like to get Castlevania and a few others.

Made my final trip today. Sadly haven't beat Jade Empire that I got last week yet so I'm out a preorder for Okami because I pretty much ran out of credit($15 and change left now) but maybe I'll be able to get it later if one of my other games doesn't come in which is likely. So this seems like this is it pretty much.

All in all I can't be much happier with how things turned out while dealing with GR. My game collection grew by at least 5 times during all of this. I picked up tons of great PSX games I wanted(~35), almost as many PS2 games, a DC plus games and a few Xbox and GC games here and there which for the most part yes I did sell but not by getting them through flipping(Thanks TRU coupon!). I pretty much made as much back for what I've spent on games to trade in, out maybe a whole game or two worth of money so it all turned out very well.

Thanks for everything Gamerush and I will see you again when I'm done with Jade Empire and God of War. Who knows, in a few months when my preorders start coming in you will have new deals and I will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back