Gamerush deals thread (50% off Select Nintendo Titles / B2G1 PO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMR

Banned
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSH and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

This First Post has all the basic information you could ever want. Please consult here before just asking a question. Or don't, it's entirely up to you :)

Please keep all discussion regarding "flipping" in the following thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Trade-In Deals

None at this time :(

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

50% off Select Nintendo Titles (New only). May 31 - End of June?

Gamecube
StarFox Assault
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (without Bongos)
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2
Mario Power Tennis
Legend of Zelda Four Swords
Custom Robo
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Party 5
Eternal Darkness

GBA
F-Zero GP Legend
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Zelda II, Metroid and Castlevania (Classic NES Series)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario Pinball Land
Final Fantasy I & II
Mario Golf

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 Preowned PS1 Games for $15!

Was 5 PS1 Games for $20 or 10 for $35... see a trend?

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - June 20th

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of

The most recent flyer is dated June 14, 2005. Thanks to Zon27 for typing it up.

Front top: advertises Buy 2 get the 3rd Free on all Pre-owned games.
Front bottom: advertises Pre-owned PS1 games 5 for $15

Trade prices:
$35:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas XB

$30:
Doom 3
Forza Motorsports
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Jade Empire
NBA Street 3 (all sys)
Star Wars Episode III (ps2, xb)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (all sys)
Unreal Championship 2

$28:
Advent Rising
MVP Baseball (psp)
NBA Street Showdown (psp)

$26:
Area 51 (ps2, xb)
Pariah

$25:
Mario Party 6

$22:
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (psp)

$20:
Batman Begins (ps2, xb)
Madgascar (ps2, xb, gc)
Medal of Honor European Assault (all sys)
Need for Speed Underground (ds)
Star Wars Episode III (ds)

$18:
Pokemon Emerald
WarioWare: Touched!

$15:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast (gc)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tiger Woods 2005 (ps2, xb)
WarioWare: Twisted!

$12:
Polarium

$10:
Major League Baseball 2K5 (ps2, xb)
Outlaw Volleyball: Remixed (ps2)
Suikoden III

$8:
Burnout 2: Point of Impact (gc)
Def Jam Fight for NY (ps2)
Frogger Beyond (gc)
Simpson's Road Rage (gc)
Star Ocean: Til The End of Time
Tales of Symphonia
WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games

Hardware:
PSP $160
PS2 Slim $85
XBox $85
PS1 $10

Accessories:
GC Steering Wheel (any brand) $5
GC Wavebird Battery pack (any) $3
PS2 Memory card (any) $7
PS2 AV-S Video Cable (any) $3
PSP Safe Case (any) $3
Universal LSC Game Screen (any) $20
XBox DVD Remote (any) $7
XBox value Wireless Controller (hip Brand) $6
XBox High def AV Pack (any) $6
XBox Controller (any) $5
XBox Dance Pad (any) $5
XBox Component Cable (any) $3
XBox Headset only (any) $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy

$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Conker XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)
XBox 360 Games

OTHER INFO

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must be 18 and have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush. If you are not 18, you can trade under a parent or guardian's BB acount, but they must sign a trade agreement.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by "flipping" games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to. Remember, discussion of "loopholes" and "flipping" should be kept in the thread linked at the beginning of this post. We've all had a year's worth of discussion on the ethics of capitalizing on the loopholes, but the fact remains - you sign a Trading Agreement and are subject to the conditions you agreed upon. If you abuse the system, chances are it'll catch up to you one way or another.

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...sj41 has access to these, but really there is no reason for you to want them except for nostalgia.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.

Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.

CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He was the second in charge of the GameRush OP.

drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.

Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.

And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

[quote name='gizmogc']Just another reason never to go into the store come Tuesday. Once I spend the remainder of my $10 credit, im done.[/QUOTE]

gizmo - in the past it seems that you've been somewhat a defender of the GR policies (more so than others here anyway). Why the change of heart?

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']
Gamerush employees have become hostile cunts regarding "flipping". The manager of the local Blockbuster threatened to call the police on me after an attempt to trade in games, only to find out I had been banned. Of course they have the right to refuse your business, but nowhere does it say on the trade agreement your trade account can be terminated without a valid reason. I know others have had their accounts flagged/banned for flipping too. Apparently, Blockbuster has no regard for the Trade Contract, so since the contract is void, Class Action anyone?
Sorry for venting.
[/QUOTE]

Don't tell us you are in SoCal as well as the others who said they were banned today? If so, it seems the DM there has been busy...

Seems odd, and kind of pointless, to go through with bannings on the 3rd to last day of the deals...

[quote name='stager36']I was wondering if you get banned at a Blockbuster will you lose the pre-orders at another Gamerush. I think the Blockbuster manager dosn't like me for some reason and I want to make sure he dosn't try to screw me out of something I have at another store. Can he ban someone corporate wide and if so do you lose everything? I do not abuse the deals, I just try to get the games I want at a good price. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry about the spelling.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can be banned chain-wide. But if you've paid for something, it's yours. All sales are final. Keep your receipt just to be safe. :)

And nah, I wasn't the one from SoCal, I'm in the Atlanta area.

[quote name='JDMxB']Southern California heads--I got burned today.

Arcadia GR...my home store for the last year told me that I had a memo on my account saying that I "breached trade in policy". I wanted an explanation from the clerk, as I have never "flipped" a game there (flipping meaning buying a game there, then trading it back at that location via one of the deals) nor have I even ever done more than ONE trade deal a day...I usually am there once a week! But they said that I would have to speak with the manager, who was on her break.

I was pissed, but I took my games to 2 local blockbusters and did the 3 for 5 no problem at both of these locations.

So does this "ban" apply to only that particular GR or what?

Also, how do I go about talking to the DM--I know the trade in deals are ending soon but I don't want to lose my ONE preorder...I can't believe they pulled this on me...seriously, I'm not even a big time trader...sad, really.

Also, I have been making sure all my credit is on value cards--those are safe from being wiped out, correct?

Screw GR--I only traded in top quality titles the entire time that were bought up within a week of trading them in...seriously, it's the scum that have 68 titles preordered that ruin the entire system.[/QUOTE]

I too was wondering if the credit on value cards can be voided.

I am in socal and was almost banned last fall for trading in multiple copies of drake for $27 each. (i traded in a total of 6 copies at 3 different locations)

They cant legally take your credit from you, but they certainly can ban you from trading in games.

I havent done the trade in and get a game for $5 but i have a hunch the next time i try it I will be banned. just a hunch. i havent flipped games, but i was a high volume trader for the past year, so that could be enough to get perma banned from the sound of things.

I can't believe this deal is ending tomorrow night... it seems some stores (particularly BB) have only recently become aware of the $5 deal (or even how to process it) and then the plug gets pulled all of a sudden... I wonder if store managers even know that it's going to end on 6/20?

Probably not. Most of the BB managers don't even know much about video games. Once, I traded in some PS2 blue disc games (Timesplitters, etc) and the manager accused me of trying to pull a fast one on him by trading in copied discs... I explained to him most 1st-gen PS2 games were blue disc.

I guess the computers will automatically stop allowing people to trade 3 games for PO $5 on Tuesday... That was quick though, less then 2-weeks I think... It was great while it lasted. I stocked up on a lot of games I've been holding out on (since I'm such a CAG).

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']Apparently, Blockbuster has no regard for the Trade Contract, so since the contract is void, Class Action anyone?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but among other things you sign away any rights to sue BB in the trade agreement...

GR will probably be my preferred store still since my employees are nice, and their trade in credit is better than GS or EB.

this pisses me off. my GR wont give me $50 for games that i got with the trade in deal, which i understand, but the messed up thing is that they wont let me move my PO onto another game. they will only give me $30 if i put the money on another game. that is just dumb, for lack off a better word. i hope i dont get banned, but i havent traded for a few weeks, but last week i did trade in 2 psp games and a copy of crash and burn, so nothing that i could think of getting banned over. ill only be trading games from my personal collection now.

Wow, so I guess it's YMMV for cancelling pre-orders and getting $50 back. I want to cancel like 3 games and pay the extra $10 for an XBOX 360 game....I'll check this week when I return my free rentals.

I'm interested in some of the 50% off Nintendo GC games that are listed in the beginning of this thread. I don't have a "Gamerush" store near me. Never heard of them before. Is it possible to find these deals at regular Blockbuster Video stores as well?

[quote name='help1']how long does it take BB to get a game released preplayed?[/QUOTE]

They usually get them pretty quick because they give the most in trade-in for them. I know I picked up a used copy Advent Rising last week and I just picked up a Medal Of Honor: European Assault this morning. I've also seen a GTA: San Andreas (Xbox) used as well, but I didn't pick that one up because I already own it.

[quote name='Ravenous']Ive got a quick, Simple question:

If the trade 3 get one for $5 ends on Monday; does the Buy 2 used get one free end at the same time? Will we be seeing this deal again (or any others for that matter)[/QUOTE]

ANYONE?

[quote name='Ravenous']ANYONE?[/QUOTE]

b2g1 free is ending in September.

There are NO deals planned to replace the ones that are ending, so there is 0 reason to shop at Gamerush after Monday.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I'm interested in some of the 50% off Nintendo GC games that are listed in the beginning of this thread. I don't have a "Gamerush" store near me. Never heard of them before. Is it possible to find these deals at regular Blockbuster Video stores as well?[/QUOTE]

I'll answer this one...okay the 50% off seems to only be in gamerush stores, same with the B1G1 for the PS1 deals...the trade in deals have been in normal blockbusters, but seeing as that's ending tomorrow i hope you can catch that...as for B2G1 free that's blockbuster chain wide. Every blockbuster has that promotion going on. B2g1 applies to games and movies at the blockbuster stores...(i forget if B2G1 applies to movies in stores with gamerush though..)

[quote name='Roufuss']b2g1 free is ending in September.

There are NO deals planned to replace the ones that are ending, so there is 0 reason to shop at Gamerush after Monday.[/QUOTE]

Well there is still being open till 12 or 1 a.m., better trade in for anything you may want to get rid of, lots of better prices on used stuff (not the new stuff of course) and a better selection of used accessories than EB or Gamestop

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Well there is still being open till 12 or 1 a.m., better trade in for anything you may want to get rid of, lots of better prices on used stuff (not the new stuff of course) and a better selection of used accessories than EB or Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that you can still get a used N64 + 6 games or a used PSX + 5 games for ~$35 and trade them in at EB for $50. If you use that $50 to buy games like Nightmare of Druaga, etc. that trade in at GR for double what they sell for at EB you can still establish a pretty good credit building loop.

[quote name='shipwreck']They usually get them pretty quick because they give the most in trade-in for them. I know I picked up a used copy Advent Rising last week and I just picked up a Medal Of Honor: European Assault this morning. I've also seen a GTA: San Andreas (Xbox) used as well, but I didn't pick that one up because I already own it.[/QUOTE]

where did you see gta?

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Well there is still being open till 12 or 1 a.m., better trade in for anything you may want to get rid of, lots of better prices on used stuff (not the new stuff of course) and a better selection of used accessories than EB or Gamestop[/QUOTE]

I don't think those positives can outweigh the horrible management, the employee who don't know jack about their own sales, let alone games, the 20 minutes it takes on average to trade-in games, the preorder system where you might not even get what you preorder, the list goes on and on.

I guarantee the better prices on used stuff will stop once this new ex EB / Gamestop management kicks in... offering $20 dollars for Nightmare of Druaga isn't smart, it's pretty dumb.

I'd be really surprised if Gamerush lasted until the end of the year.

[quote name='io'] Well, I think you know the answer to this (as you did get the credit at the other stores) - yes, you are supposed to get the credit :D. In fact, they are supposed to take your games as a normal trade, and then ring up the PO game and scan the barcode to get it to be $5. Really, at least the couple of times I've done it, it is a separate transaction. To make your credit go away they must simply not be posting it to your account, which is kind of creepy. And you are right - they would have been flooded with EVEN MORE cheapo titles than they have been if they didn't give the credit along with the deal. You said it seemed like it was the first time that store did the deal - they probably just misintepreted it (as my GR did at first in requiring $30 worth of trade-ins, which, apparently they never enforced but it kept me away for several weeks!).[/QUOTE]

BB took my 6 games in for trade-in and I got got $7 in credit... and on a seperate transaction they rung up the 2 PO games worth $62 ($35+27).

- Manually Subtracted $50 for some odd reason ($12 subtotal)
- Charged me $5 tax on the full amount of $62 ($17 subtotal)

To make a long story short... they manually adjusted everything in order to charge me $10 plus tax (as a I documented in post #538). The $7 balance appears at the top of the reciept as "Balance" but there's no mention of it anywhere else... the $10 price just appears magically as the Amount Due... Technically my store credit didn't "dissapear (as it brought the price down from $17 to $10, but it's not documented anywhere) but I should only have been charged $3 ($10 less $7 in credit) and not $10.

There appears to be a loophole in this deal, or at least a way I can fight back... why wouldn't I just trade in a game of value (say Ninja Gaiden XB) and get my $17 in credit... any then go back and trade 3 crap games worth $0.50 (since that credit "dissapears" at this store) and use that $17 credit towards the $5 PO?

*** numbers rounded to simplify

[quote name='GameDude']where did you see gta?[/QUOTE]

It was at the Plainfield/Hunt location in Blue Ash, but somebody bought it.

[quote name='shipwreck']It was at the Plainfield/Hunt location in Blue Ash, but somebody bought it.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you're interested, but my bro traded in star wars ep 3 at the beechmont location yesterday. have you had any luck preordering xbox360 games with the trade 2 for $30 deal?

[quote name='rafissaying']today was wack. i went to a GR go trade in some games for the last time and they told me that i was flagged from lost prevention from "flipping". this sucks because the game that i traded in was a game that i didn't even like (nfsu 2). i was really upset but i wasn't really worrying about it since the deals are ending really soon. anyone else get this problem from trading in a game that they didn't like??[/QUOTE]

At least you got in on the deals while it lasted.

[quote name='JDMxB']Southern California heads--I got burned today.

Arcadia GR...my home store for the last year told me that I had a memo on my account saying that I "breached trade in policy". I wanted an explanation from the clerk, as I have never "flipped" a game there (flipping meaning buying a game there, then trading it back at that location via one of the deals) nor have I even ever done more than ONE trade deal a day...I usually am there once a week! But they said that I would have to speak with the manager, who was on her break.

I was pissed, but I took my games to 2 local blockbusters and did the 3 for 5 no problem at both of these locations.

So does this "ban" apply to only that particular GR or what?

Also, how do I go about talking to the DM--I know the trade in deals are ending soon but I don't want to lose my ONE preorder...I can't believe they pulled this on me...seriously, I'm not even a big time trader...sad, really.

Also, I have been making sure all my credit is on value cards--those are safe from being wiped out, correct?

Screw GR--I only traded in top quality titles the entire time that were bought up within a week of trading them in...seriously, it's the scum that have 68 titles preordered that ruin the entire system.[/QUOTE]

scum huh, that is why you are banned and I am not? A few keys things in your statement tell me your the "pot calling the kettle black"

1. Home store, that means you hit lots of GR, that one being hit the most often

2. all my credit on value cardS, lots of trades, lots of credit, hmmm

3. only top titles gone within the week of trading them in, sounds like the kind of titles peopl flip to me, just how did you get those titles.

One more thing.....does GR have the XBOX 360 system available for PRE-ORDER yet? I want to use my credit there....since it sounds like deals may be dead for a while

[quote name='unforeseen']Gotta agree with E_J on this one.[/QUOTE]

It's all a matter of perspective, I don't think anyone is particulary guilty of abusing the deals. After all the rules are set by GR. And this board has become instrumental in pissing GR off, way more than a small group of people using the deal over and over again (lets face it, how many members does this baord have vs. all the GR membership). GR have found themselves very underprepared, and the wealth of information on the WWW puts them at a disadvantage (and gives them free advertising).

I think blaming any one person for shutting down the deals is silly, and makes things a little personal. I also think it's not a great idea to boast about how successfull you may or may not have been either. I suspect many of our stealth members are still going strong, and by not getting sucked into these arguements, are flying below the radar.

Anyway, the deals are over, and I think most people are just disappointed with that fact. Lets all be thankful for how we have benefited from the deals, and just move on, like adults (or tweenagers).

[quote name='doubledown']One more thing.....does GR have the XBOX 360 system available for PRE-ORDER yet? I want to use my credit there....since it sounds like deals may be dead for a while[/QUOTE]

Yes there are about 15 titles listed around here on the system, I believe they are all 59.99, I think it is on page 20 or 21 of this thread

some trades before the deal ends

Breakdown XB $3
Psi-ops PS2 $3
NCAA Football 2004 XB $1.50
NCAA Football 2005 GC $12.50
Matt Hoffman's BMX XB $3
NCAA Football 2005 XB $7
New Legends XB $3
Powerdrome XB $12.50 (actually went up funny)
XIII PS2 $1.50
Hitman Contracts XB $5
NHL 2004 PS2 $8
BMX GC $1.50
Prince of Persia GC $7

Here I found them for you....

Here's a list of XBox 360 games currently available for preorder:

Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty 2
Condemned
Dead or Alive 4
Elder Scrolls IV
FIFA 2006
Final Fantasy XI
Frame City Killer
Full Auto
Gears of War
The Godfather
Kameo
King Kong
Madden 2006
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 2006
Need for Speed Most Wanted
The Outfit
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake 4
Saints Row
Tiger Woods 2006
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Tony Hawk's Underground 3
True Crime 2

[quote name='io']You're welcome. I really think those lists need to go into the OP, even though the deal is ending. I'm sure they will bring back SOME sort of preorder deal when they see how much the preorders drop off after Monday.

Looks like I'll be making a swing by Fry's and then EB tomorrow :D - thanks for the price on Cold Winter, I was wondering about that after seeing it in the Fry's ad today.[/QUOTE]
While I think that'd be helpful, it's just going to get lost within the OP. Honestly, I think a new thread either in the appropriate system forum or in the general gaming forum would do the trick better. Granted, the list is appropriate for what exactly GR has in their system, but basically my thought is that if you're looking forward to a game enough to preorder it, you'd know the title and would ask about it anyways.

[quote name='Engineer_J']Yes there are about 15 titles listed around here on the system, I believe they are all 59.99, I think it is on page 20 or 21 of this thread[/QUOTE]

I think he meant the actual XBOX 360 system...not xb360 games...

i'm wondering when this will be as well

is everyone positive this deal ends on 6/20? i asked the guy at the GR here and he said it ends at the end of the month and then i called another GR and they said it ends on sept. 5.

[quote name='Staraang21']is everyone positive this deal ends on 6/20? i asked the guy at the GR here and he said it ends at the end of the month and then i called another GR and they said it ends on sept. 5.[/QUOTE]

Since pretty much we've known the deals in advance, this information seems correct (plus it was confirmed at my GR, so that one for sure it's out). Some may have luck at some of the clueless GR/bb's, but it's pretty much dead after

well even though i got banned i tried to trade on my girlfriend's account and here's what i traded:

moto gp (gba) - 9
nightmare of druaga (ps2) - 20
nhl 04 (ps2) - 8

the guy told us that they pulled the deal today. i was asking him if he could just try the deal and he said that he would just try it. he tried it and it worked so i got a Y's: the ark of napishtim for $5. so even though i got banned on my account, i got to trade in the last of my games that i had specifically for trading. even though GR is going down the drain, it was great while it lasted.

[quote name='Engineer_J']scum huh, that is why you are banned and I am not? A few keys things in your statement tell me your the "pot calling the kettle black"

1. Home store, that means you hit lots of GR, that one being hit the most often

2. all my credit on value cardS, lots of trades, lots of credit, hmmm

3. only top titles gone within the week of trading them in, sounds like the kind of titles peopl flip to me, just how did you get those titles.[/QUOTE]

Wow some observation.

FYI--I only go to ONE GR, and that's the Arcadia location. It also happens to be a few blocks form my HOUSE, hence the term "HOME" Store.

So what if I do lots of trades--isn't that what the program is promoting. Like i said earlier, I only did trades on average about once a week--and only ONE transaction per day. Maybe some reading comprehension would help you out there, ey jr?

Seriously--you really need to find a hobby if you get a kick out of analysing peoples posts on CAG that deeply.

well..i finally have enough to get the xbox 360...i think i spent about 200 bucks to get 350 bucks in credit...no b2g1 flipping used except once using GS's b2g1

[quote name='rafissaying']well even though i got banned i tried to trade on my girlfriend's account and here's what i traded:

moto gp (gba) - 9
nightmare of druaga (ps2) - 20
nhl 04 (ps2) - 8

the guy told us that they pulled the deal today. i was asking him if he could just try the deal and he said that he would just try it. he tried it and it worked so i got a Y's: the ark of napishtim for $5. so even though i got banned on my account, i got to trade in the last of my games that i had specifically for trading. even though GR is going down the drain, it was great while it lasted.[/QUOTE]

See, this is what I am wondering - what, exactly, stops the deal? Obviously if a store says it is over and won't do it, then that is it. But I wonder if the bar codes will continue to work for a while? Do those have to be deactivated individually at each store or is it done centrally? If so, how often does it update at the individual stores? I am going to try the deal mid-week at my GR more out of curiosity than anything else (if they still have the signage up). Just want to see if it can be done (since they think it ends in Sept.). I'm pretty much out of stuff to preorder, but I'm sure there's a PO I can buy.

Oh, and here's another trade value from a few days ago:
GC - Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex: $8

[quote name='swetooth9']I think he meant the actual XBOX 360 system...not xb360 games...

i'm wondering when this will be as well[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was the system I was wondering about...not the games. I'm going to try and switch my XBOX games to 360 games for $10 extra.....hopefully.

Ive been able to switch games to 360 games. But all of a sudden,theyve been giving me the "we can only give you the $30 credit". Im like,WTF? I explained how that doesnt make sense. If i give you 2 games for a game for $30,its the equivalent to a $50 game in their system. So why should i lose $20 if all i want to do is switch the title to another title and pay the respective difference. I didnt argue too much because i already have 9 games for 360 already. So i wont sweat maybe 2 or 3 more. But i need them to hurry up on their preorder amount for the 360. Thats what the rest of my credit will go towards.

[quote name='Usa Ghost']Ive been able to switch games to 360 games. But all of a sudden,theyve been giving me the "we can only give you the $30 credit". Im like,WTF? I explained how that doesnt make sense. If i give you 2 games for a game for $30,its the equivalent to a $50 game in their system. So why should i lose $20 if all i want to do is switch the title to another title and pay the respective difference. I didnt argue too much because i already have 9 games for 360 already. So i wont sweat maybe 2 or 3 more. But i need them to hurry up on their preorder amount for the 360. Thats what the rest of my credit will go towards.[/QUOTE]

Damn, hopefully that's not something ALL the stores are doing....I really don't want to shell out another $30 for 360 games....I guess it's still cheaper than what I would get for retail, but it kinda sucks. I basically wanted to switch Madden and Call of Duty to the 360 counterparts....oh well...we'll see when I pick up Destroy All Humans this week

[quote name='io']See, this is what I am wondering - what, exactly, stops the deal? Obviously if a store says it is over and won't do it, then that is it. But I wonder if the bar codes will continue to work for a while? Do those have to be deactivated individually at each store or is it done centrally? If so, how often does it update at the individual stores? I am going to try the deal mid-week at my GR more out of curiosity than anything else (if they still have the signage up). Just want to see if it can be done (since they think it ends in Sept.). I'm pretty much out of stuff to preorder, but I'm sure there's a PO I can buy.

Oh, and here's another trade value from a few days ago:
GC - Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex: $8[/QUOTE]

well barcodes usually expire when the deals are supposed to expire. it wouldn't hurt to try the deal mid-week if there is still signage up. i think that if the person is cool enough, they might let you do the deal. also i asked why they are stopping the deals and the guy said that too many people are making a profit off it, but their trade numbers are through the roof. so without these deals i think the trade numbers are going to drop significantly.

So now that like 50 people (from CAG) have got banned at GR, what is the deal with the "bans". Do they apply at every gamerush? blockbuster? can you still rent movies? buy pre-owned? Is it a life-time ban? Do you lose your credit? preorders? With all of the experts in the house, we could make a "I got banned from Gamerush FAQ"

Just so every one knows the reason why when you try to change your presells to xbox 360 games and they are only giving you $30 credit is becasue 1. All Gr employees were told that XB360 Games can not be used in this 29.99 deal and also you used a deal and 2. actually you only payed $30 dollars thats why you are only getting $30 back . You might have had $50 in credit and bought the game for $30 but you walked away with the extra $20. Also the employee has no control over it. If they go into the system and select refund presell the system will only give you $29.99 casue that is what was payed. reguardless of how much you might think it is worth $50. Bottom line it is not, you only payed $30 and walked away with $20 in savings.

Salt had been rubbed into wounds. I was frustrated. Nintendo.

Does anyone know if they are doing the super mario promo with the DS's? I'm afraid to call lol

I plan to go in tomorrow and trade in the following:

Jade Empire(XB)
Madden 2004(XB)
Metal Gear Ac!d(PSP)
Dynasty Warriors 4(XB)

I plan to preorder Death Jr. and Burnout Revenge(both PSP)
yup. any ideas on trade values?

hey Cory i feel for you. as a former employee i was bringing them in trades, preorders, and actually letting the world know that GR existed. as a customer, i trade games to boost my collection up, and the one game i don't like, and i trade it back in a while later, i get banned. all the stores around me know that i trade a lot, and now they will all think that i am a flipper. when the csr told me i was banned, i wasn't really pissed, just really annoyed since i give GR a lot of business. if it wasn't for the deals, i would never go there, and now since they aren't doing the deals, i think that i will never go there. just to let you know though Cory, you are not the only one feeling this way. Blockbuster has really screwed up their chance of making it in the video game industry.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']
I plan to preorder Death Jr. and Burnout Revenge(both PSP)
yup. any ideas on trade values?[/QUOTE]

Do you know if they have added Burnout for PSP yet? It wasn't in the system last week but might have been added when they threw in all those Gamecube games the other day. Or are you planning to preorder the DS "Burnout Revenge" and hope that it is really the PSP version (Burnout Legends) like I did? :D

Cory - Wow, all I can say is wow... They really must have taken everything you said on here in the worst possible light to get that impression. Did they not notice how people jumped on flippers on this thread? In case they are still reading it, I'll just say that you helped get a ton of people into the stores (both GR and regular BB) to buy used games, preorder, etc... There will always be flippers if the opportunity is available but I saw NOTHING that you did to encourage it. You basically told them to go elsewhere on CAG to discuss it - like you said, to keep this thread clean for GR deals (promotions, trade-in values, preorder lists, etc). Nothing wrong with that. At the very least they could have asked you to stop posting if they thought it was harmful - without all the additional crap they gave you. Just a simple "We think it is better if employees stay away from those types of sites". That should have been enough if they thought there was any possibilty of harm arising from it. Of course, I don't think they should even have to do that, but that's just my opinion :D. Good luck - and I hope you stick around!

I just traded in:

* Brute Force
* NBA Street (GCN)

I got $3.60 total trade in credit, which I thought was bull considering I got a lot more for much older games when I did it previously when the deal was new. I preordered Star Wars: Battlefront II (XBOX) and I must say that I'm happy to have got in on the deal before it goes. Unless they can have more deals like this in the future, I forsee Gamerush losing a lot of business. After this, I will probably never go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back