Gamerush Thread #6 Deal on New Games

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles will be $39.99. Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Puchase of a Gameboy Advance (Not a SP):
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Mario Party Advance
Mario Pinball Land
Wario Ware Twisted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='gizmogc']Hey, no, its OUT everywhere. Ive seen copies at Game Crazy, Game Stop, and Target.The release date was bumped up a week (maybe since everything comes out this week). However, its $39.99 everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Well, I was at Target, Circuit City, and EB tonight (Mon) out here in northern VA and it wasn't available. It wasn't officially bumped up but maybe it is a regional thing (as strange as that is for games). Best Buy's web site right now says it has a release date of Nov. 18th, as does EBgames.com. So, actually, it would seem that *officially* it got moved BACK (ie, later), but shipped earlier and Best Buy, at least, is leaking it like crazy. Maybe the other stores around you put it out because they heard Best Buy was already selling it. I would certainly do that if a competitor was selling it early. Definitely a spastic release though, as whether it was supposed to be last week, this Tues, or this Friday (as Best Buy and EB's web sites say), it hasn't been handled as consistently as most games. YMMV. One thing we know for sure, though - GR won't have it until later this week, possibly next week :D.

So, anyway, how is it?

[quote name='emperorx']No Gamerush in the Detroit area knows anything about this Gamecube bundle deal. Is this deal legit?[/QUOTE]

Both the stores near me have the bundle deal posted by the new gamecube games and gamecube rentals. See if you can get the manager to check the current deals. I been trying to get Mario Party 7 bundle with the deal, but they still don't have them in around me.

On a side note I just bought a DS with my credit for the wife. Maybe I am out of it since I have a PSP, but I had no idea the DS could play Gameboy Advance games. Now I might have to build up some credit to get another DS, with the quality games out the last few months. Plus I never had a GBA and there are several games out there I would like to get my hands on...

NDS- Feel the Magic 5.50
NGC- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 9.50

Also, how far ahead do you need to preorder because I was shot down today when I tried to preorder DQ8 since they told me it was coming out this week and thus I couldn't preorder it. The funny thing is that I was able to preorder Soul Calibur 3 on the Monday before it came out at the same gamerush so I'm guessing this was implemented recently or my gamerush is just getting a little stricter than usual with the rules.

Ive never been turned away from a 'close to release' pre-order. I pre-ordered GTA: LCS on Thursday and they got it on Friday. i guess it just depends what store you go to (or who is working the register)

Just a reminder that if anyone is on GR picking up preorders or putting in last minute preorders (we are sure the deal is ending, right?), if they could check any of the following and report back here I would really appreciate it. I am out of town till Saturday and would like to pick up some trade fodder for those last few days of the preorder deal when I get back - but only if some of these become available in the preorder system:

DS:
Children of Mana
Final Fantasy III
Xenosaga I & II
Mario Basketball 3 on 3
Contact
Super Princess Peach

PSP
Tales of Eternia
Suikoden I & II
Katamari
Magna Carta (I know, unlikely given it is probably an Atlus title)

GC
Baten Kaitos 2
Odama

PS2
Shadow Hearts From the New World

I removed Tokobot PSP from the list since it appears to be a $29.99 game.

My priorities would probably be Tales of Eternia PSP, BK2, Odama, Shadow Hearts, Suikoden PSP, Katamari PSP (in that order). But if any 1 or 2 of those other titles become available (and not any of my high priority ones) I'll probably preorder them.

Someone asked about the likelihood of switching preorders once the deal ends. I know that ay my GR that will be hard to do, since they like to credit back $30, then use the barcode to preorder the new game. Since the barcode will be dead, they will probably try to tell me I need to pay the $20 difference :D. I'd like to avoid that conversation entirely, so I want to get things preordered NOW and not depend on switching. Though I think there is a good chance the preorder deal will return once they start getting NO preorders once again. This happened before (mid summer) when they killed the deal off for a few weeks.

About the pre-order deadline: From what I understand, they're technically not supposed to let you pre-order anything inside of two weeks to the release date. I'm almost positive that's how I got screwed out of my Blitz: The League pre-order. I did it within a few days of the release date. However, with bigger titles that they will stock regardless of pre-orders, you can get away with it. I pre-ordered both Half-Life 2 and Mario Kart on Sunday, and I'm pretty sure they will have them for me tomorrow. Same with Gun. I pre-ordered it last Tuesday and picked it up Wednesday.

"I also saw something a little strange today. They had a new copy of Shining Soul for the GBA which is an Atlus title. That's the first non-used Atlus game I've ever seen at GameRush. Well, that's if you don't count Pro Fishing Challenge for Xbox which they rent."

I once found Shining Force for the GBA at the Northgate GR in Cincinnati. That is the only new Atlus title that I had heard of at GR until your post.

[quote name='io']Just a reminder that if anyone is on GR picking up preorders or putting in last minute preorders (we are sure the deal is ending, right?), if they could check any of the following and report back here I would really appreciate it. I am out of town till Saturday and would like to pick up some trade fodder for those last few days of the preorder deal when I get back - but only if some of these become available in the preorder system:

DS:
Children of Mana
Final Fantasy III
Xenosaga I & II
Mario Basketball 3 on 3
Contact
Super Princess Peach

PSP
Tales of Eternia
Suikoden I & II
Katamari
Magna Carta (I know, unlikely given it is probably an Atlus title)

GC
Baten Kaitos 2
Odama

PS2
Shadow Hearts From the New World

I removed Tokobot PSP from the list since it appears to be a $29.99 game.

My priorities would probably be Tales of Eternia PSP, BK2, Odama, Shadow Hearts, Suikoden PSP, Katamari PSP (in that order). But if any 1 or 2 of those other titles become available (and not any of my high priority ones) I'll probably preorder them.

Someone asked about the likelihood of switching preorders once the deal ends. I know that ay my GR that will be hard to do, since they like to credit back $30, then use the barcode to preorder the new game. Since the barcode will be dead, they will probably try to tell me I need to pay the $20 difference :D. I'd like to avoid that conversation entirely, so I want to get things preordered NOW and not depend on switching. Though I think there is a good chance the preorder deal will return once they start getting NO preorders once again. This happened before (mid summer) when they killed the deal off for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Where have you seen that Namco is making another Baten Kaitos?

[quote name='grecianfox']"I also saw something a little strange today. They had a new copy of Shining Soul for the GBA which is an Atlus title. That's the first non-used Atlus game I've ever seen at GameRush. Well, that's if you don't count Pro Fishing Challenge for Xbox which they rent."

I once found Shining Force for the GBA at the Northgate GR in Cincinnati. That is the only new Atlus title that I had heard of at GR until your post.[/QUOTE]

Yup there's a rental copy of Pro Fishing Challenge at my local...I wish they'd sell it to me.

Just a heads up, I got a call from Gamerush saying they got my copy of PGR3 in and to come pick it up whenever. I was a bit surprised since I haven't heard that anyone has received PGR3 yet, and they didn't call me to tell me Kameo was in stock.

Yep, Project Gotham Racing 3 is in at my local GameRush as well, but they only received 1 copy of the game. There were no reserves for it at this location.

No Kameo yet, either.

Here's a trade-in price that may be of some interest for some people: Condemned (X360) - $40. I'm not sure if this is the uniform trade-in price for $60 X360 games or not.

Oh, and Zon27, if you really want that Pro Fishing Challenge, you can just rent it and keep it. The only problem is, that it will cost you a total of $30. I ask every once in a while what the price would be on that game and I'm waiting for a price drop.

Oh, and Mario Kart DS is in as well, so we won't have to deal with the whining on that one. Some wrestling game is in as well.

[quote name='shipwreck']
Oh, and Mario Kart DS is in as well, so we won't have to deal with the whining on that one.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, dammit, dammit, WHY did I choose to be out of town this week? Hopefully I can pick this up late Friday night if my flight isn't delayed and GR stays open till midnight (they keep cutting back hours each time I'm there but so far have stayed open till midnight Fri/Sat anyway).

I'm sorely tempted to buy a copy at Best Buy/CC out here in VA and then return my GR copy to said store when I get home... Never done that sort of thing but it is hard to resist on this one... (I have my DS with me obviously).

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/rpg/batenkaitosii/index.html?q=baten%20kaitos
(their site is a little slow this morning.)[/QUOTE]

See also here:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/660/660460p1.html

Yeah, it's a bit out there though... VERY small chance it will show up in the GR preorder system any time soon. They usually don't add GC titles (Zelda excluded) until well after they have firm US release dates. This one doesn't even have a firm Japanese release date right now :D.

I hope they have CoD2 (360), PD0, and Dragon Quest VIII today.

I saw a CoD commercial just now and it said it CoD2 was "available now", so hopefully GR will have either/both.

Should Half-Life 2 be there tomorrow? I'm either going tomorrow or Thursday.....

Hopefully they have my 360 games also. I'll have to switch a few XBOX pre-orders to 360 also. fun fun.

Trade in values for these???
-God of War
-Darkstalkers (PSP)
-BAttleifield ($27?)
-Links
-Midway Arcade 1 or 2
-MVP 05
-Ghost Recon 2 (first one)
-Timesplitter:Future Perfect

I'm looking to unload a lot of my XBOX games (as you can see)

[quote name='doubledown']Should Half-Life 2 be there tomorrow? I'm either going tomorrow or Thursday.....

Hopefully they have my 360 games also. I'll have to switch a few XBOX pre-orders to 360 also. fun fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess that Half-Life 2 and Dragon Quest VIII should be there tomorrow. Hopefully Kameo comes in too.

i just called my local store... DQ8 not in yet... dont games usually come out on tuesday???

edit: actually friday that week is SOP, the week after is typical as well.

[quote name='nakanenui']i just called my local store... DQ8 not in yet... dont games usually come out on tuesday???[/QUOTE]

Games usually ship on Tuesdays. Gamerush usually gets them in on Wednesday or Thursday.

[quote name='enronaccountant']The first batch of Kameo reviews are in:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/kameoelementsofpower

It's not as good as I expected considering the development team behind it.

Also the first review for Project Gotham 3 is in:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/projectgothamracing3

It seems to be really good; too bad driving games aren't my thing.

The only game I have pre-ordered for the 360 is Perfect Dark 0. Hopefully it'll hold me over until Halo 3 comes out.[/QUOTE]

If you are content with one game for almost 1 whole year, then I guess you'll be set... :D

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm going to guess that Half-Life 2 and Dragon Quest VIII should be there tomorrow. Hopefully Kameo comes in too.[/QUOTE]

it would be a bummer to walk out of there paying full price for kameo and then finding out that gr doesn't get your 360 in a timely fashion, i definitely won't be paying a pre-order balance until i have my 360 in hand

i am having a hard time picking a 360 game for a full price purchase, i originally thought quake might be the one but the pc reviews have been mildly disappointing, then i switched to madden figuring it would be the easiest one to get rid of but having read ign's review i am thinking madden might not be the way to go (football season 2/3rds finished, no mini-camp drills)

I have Madden reserved but I'm seriously considering switching to Call of Duty 2. I believe they will get the systems on time, but they are getting less than the 10 they took preorders for. I picked my PGR 3 today, just in case I get mugged at midnight it'll be something less for the thieves to take.

i did not see PGR3 for sale at mine.
Does anyone know if they are going to call you ahead of time and let you know if you are one of the first 10 people who reserved it? A worker said they took a lot more than 10. I'm slightly worried, i've got $325 invested there in this damn thing.

Can someone clarify this for me? I'm new around here and I've read through this thread but it seems too good to be true. Let me state an example and you tell me if I got it right:

1) Bring in any two games that retail for at least $7.99 each.
2) Trade them in for credit.
3) Preorder any upcoming game from the list, and your total cost for that game is $29.99.
4) If you want, use the $15.98 credit towards the pre-order, potentially making the total cost of the game (after trade-in) $14.01.

So I could theoretically buy Kingdom Hearts 2 for $29.99?

I know my store only had NINE pre-orders for the 360 (I think that is what she said). I was #1, so I BETTER be guaranteed to get mine.

Hmmm, now what game to pre-order next (or I may just use my credit towards PGR3 or KAmeo)

[quote name='Quantumhawk']Can someone clarify this for me? I'm new around here and I've read through this thread but it seems too good to be true. Let me state an example and you tell me if I got it right:

1) Bring in any two games that retail for at least $7.99 each.
2) Trade them in for credit.
3) Preorder any upcoming game from the list, and your total cost for that game is $29.99.
4) If you want, use the $15.98 credit towards the pre-order, potentially making the total cost of the game (after trade-in) $14.01.

So I could theoretically buy Kingdom Hearts 2 for $29.99?[/QUOTE]

Few screw ups in there..but i'll break it down for you.

The games you trade in must retail for 7.99 used at gamerush...that's not how much you'll get back though. To error on the crappy side, say you $2.50 each.

49.99 new game
-20.00 promotional discount
______
29.99 sale price
- 5.00 total trade in value
______
24.99 (plus tax)

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Few screw ups in there..but i'll break it down for you.

The games you trade in must retail for 7.99 used at gamerush...that's not how much you'll get back though. To error on the crappy side, say you $2.50 each.

49.99 new game
-20.00 promotional discount
______
29.99 sale price
- 5.00 total trade in value
______
24.99 (plus tax)[/QUOTE]

He's right... isn't it BEAUTIFUL?! :D

So, ideally, I do one of the following:

1) Go buy two $7.99 games there and another day or at another store, trade them in
2) Find two games that they sell for $7.99, buy them from Ebay, trade them in there

That about right?

I haven't been in at my GameRush in around a month. I need to go and pick up my copies of Call of Duty 2:Big Red One, and Battlefield 2:Modern Combat.

Does anyone know how much CoD2:BRO gets?

Also, I am going to trade Far Cry:instincts and Burnout:Revenge.

Trade in value guesses:
Battlefield 2-$35
CoD2:BRO-$35
Far Cry Instincts-$27
Burnout:Revenge-$25

I will put that money towards PGR3 and Splinter Cell 4.

[quote name='Quantumhawk']So, ideally, I do one of the following:

1) Go buy two $7.99 games there and another day or at another store, trade them in
2) Find two games that they sell for $7.99, buy them from Ebay, trade them in there

That about right?[/QUOTE]

just go buy two copies of dead to rights 2 for xbox at Toys R Us for 10 bucks a peice. Let me break down the trade in process of D2R2

Dead to rights 2 trade in value = 20.00

so two copies gets you 40 bucks trade in. Then you do the preorder deal for 29.99 and still have 10 bucks left in credit.

For 20 bucks you get 10 dollars store credit and a video game all payed off and pre ordered.

oh also some updates. I went to GR today after school and the guy checked on some games I have preordered this week. DQ8, Wild Arms Alter Code F, and Half life 2 are all expected on Thursday which means they will probably get them tomorrow. Also I found out that they most likely will not ever get in Wild Arms or Magna Carta, When I checked on them today he told me the days they expected them but questioned me when I said I had them preordered because the computer showed up as none ordered. I know it's no suprise for Magna Carta, but it looks like anyone who preordered wild arms is out of luck too.

[quote name='Quantumhawk']So, ideally, I do one of the following:

That about right?[/QUOTE]

What we (we?) do is look for clearance games (Target, Toys R Us, Wherever) that are relatively cheap($2.50-$10) and trade them in (with the $20 off, it normally works in our favor wether we get much back per game).

[quote name='aaa']I haven't been in at my GameRush in around a month. I need to go and pick up my copies of Call of Duty 2:Big Red One, and Battlefield 2:Modern Combat.

Does anyone know how much CoD2:BRO gets?

Also, I am going to trade Far Cry:instincts and Burnout:Revenge.

Trade in value guesses:
Battlefield 2-$35
CoD2:BRO-$35
Far Cry Instincts-$27
Burnout:Revenge-$25

I will put that money towards PGR3 and Splinter Cell 4.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield 2 actually only gets $27. :sad:

Although it hasn't happened to me yet, the one thing that bothers me about GR is they don't put your preorders aside. They get em in and sell them, and if they run out before you get your preorder, well that's too bad. What sense does that make? The clerk in my store today said they had 1 copy of Mario Kart come in and it was sold to somebody without a preorder. If it wasn't such an insane deal, I may even get mad about it!

[quote name='aoLat']Battlefield 2 actually only gets $27. :sad:[/QUOTE]

Ah damn. You're right. I thought someone said it got $35, but they actually said battlefront 2 gets $35.

Those 4 games will hopefully cover the cost of PGR3 and Splinter Cell 4 though.

Thanks for the help, guys. This sounds incredible.

Oh, one more thing. Did I read correctly that this is good at local Blockbuster stores too? I don't think there are any Gamerush stores near me.

My Gr said that theyre only getting 5 360s instead of the advertised 10. I told them they better call the people who wont be getting one before you have bedlam next week. They showed me as the 1st on the list of 5 because i had fully paid mine off months ago. But i would hate to be the 6th person on that list. They told me that its basically a first come first serve thing with the rest of the 360s. Anybody else heard of their own grs allocations?

[quote name='aoLat']Battlefield 2 actually only gets $27. :sad:[/QUOTE]

They wrote $35 on the trade-in board today as I was just walking into the store.

They list the game as $35 on the website as well btw.

bread's done
Back