Gamerush Thread #6 Deal on New Games

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles will be $39.99. Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Puchase of a Gameboy Advance (Not a SP):
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Mario Party Advance
Mario Pinball Land
Wario Ware Twisted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

welcome to the cheapass "lucky you can partake of GR" deals quantumhawk. never too late to (AB)use GR trade in deals. now catch up to the big boys with $1000+ built up credit. everyone is trying but this gaming habit is a bit tough on that credit, no? i kid, i kid.

[quote name='x_fiddle']They wrote $35 on the trade-in board today as I was just walking into the store.

They list the game as $35 on the website as well btw.[/QUOTE]

that is your ticket to $35 vice $27. make sure you get their advertised price.

[quote name='Usa Ghost']My Gr said that theyre only getting 5 360s instead of the advertised 10.[/QUOTE] Two of the GR managers near me said that they were getting in 12 and 15 premium systems respectively, which means they have a few more than what was preordered.

Never thought I would have kept loading up on credit or I might have saved it up for a xbox 360. With all the credit I have burned through I could have picked one up.

[quote name='kjauburn']Never thought I would have kept loading up on credit or I might have saved it up for a xbox 360. With all the credit I have burned through I could have picked one up.[/QUOTE]

you still have some time left to build up credit with the 29.99 preorder deal if you can find cheap enough games as fodder, and pick $35 trade in value games (ie mass produced).

[quote name='nakanenui']you still have some time left to build up credit with the 29.99 preorder deal if you can find cheap enough games as fodder, and pick $35 trade in value games (ie mass produced).[/QUOTE]

If there are a few new credit builders during the holidays I may. Can't really complain since even the wife has a DS now. Figure maybe $800 credit burned through in 3 months...

Stopped by my GR today, they are doing a midnight launch for the X360. They will be closing at 12:30am. They were supposed to get 20 but at this time they dont know how many. They also got PGR3 in today, which is the first game that they have had. I switched 2 preorders: Matrix Neo LE for Perfect Dark Zero and canceled Marc Ecko's LE and got 59.99 credit on my acct.

[quote name='bskeillor']Although it hasn't happened to me yet, the one thing that bothers me about GR is they don't put your preorders aside. They get em in and sell them, and if they run out before you get your preorder, well that's too bad. What sense does that make? The clerk in my store today said they had 1 copy of Mario Kart come in and it was sold to somebody without a preorder. If it wasn't such an insane deal, I may even get mad about it![/QUOTE]

At my GR they tend to put the Xbox and PS2 preorders aside, and sometimes the Gamecube. However, they tend NOT to put aside my DS preorders. They BETTER FREAKING NOT sell my Mario Kart or there will be hell to pay :D.

Damn - I was just about to call to MAKE SURE they hold my games but I realized they are closed already (past 10pm out West).

Hey - cool, just saw a Dragonquest VIII ad on Adult Swim...

I saw my first real Xbox360 today. Target and Best Buy in Rockville Maryland have their demo units set up. The stores I was at yesterday (Target, CC) didn't have them. I had the Target Xbox360 to myself and played Kameo for a bit. I can't say much for the gameplay (pretty standard action/platformer) but the graphics were *sweet*. They had some WWII type shooter up at Best Buy and the graphics were pretty good on that too. I had no intention of getting an Xbox360 but if the PS3 is really pushed off till next holiday season (rumor) then I might not be able to hold off for too long, especially if Oblivion gets good reviews.

[quote name='bskeillor']Although it hasn't happened to me yet, the one thing that bothers me about GR is they don't put your preorders aside. They get em in and sell them, and if they run out before you get your preorder, well that's too bad. What sense does that make? The clerk in my store today said they had 1 copy of Mario Kart come in and it was sold to somebody without a preorder. If it wasn't such an insane deal, I may even get mad about it![/QUOTE]
Weird. All of the stores I do preorders with (4 altogether) put preorder games in a special drawer just for that purpose.

Granted, there are no tags identifying a particular game as being preordered by a particular person, but the general 'for sale' games are stored in another section behind the counter.

Theoretically, I suppose an employee could sell your copy to someone else, but that could happen at any store with a preorder system.

[quote name='Staraang21']what is the new deal starting nov. 22?[/QUOTE]

All non-xbox 360 games that retail for 49.99 get $10 dollars off making the item $39.99

[quote name='io']
I saw my first real Xbox360 today. Target and Best Buy in Rockville Maryland have their demo units set up. The stores I was at yesterday (Target, CC) didn't have them. I had the Target Xbox360 to myself and played Kameo for a bit. I can't say much for the gameplay (pretty standard action/platformer) but the graphics were *sweet*. They had some WWII type shooter up at Best Buy and the graphics were pretty good on that too.[/QUOTE]

That WWII shooter was a pre-release demo of Call of Duty 2. I was able to played that and Kameo too at my Target and CC which for some reason no one was playing it:whistle2:k But they were busy playing PS2 and NDS. Hope that is not a bad sign for it.

They got a crapload of games in today. Here's what I can remember:

Half-Life 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Condemned
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (including the X360 version)
X360 sports games (FIFA, Live, Madden, Tiger)
Shadow The Hedgehog
True Crime: New York City
Infected
Legend Of Heroes
Kingdom Of Paradise

there were some others too.

No Kameo yet though!

[quote name='shipwreck']They got a crapload of games in today. Here's what I can remember:

Half-Life 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Condemned
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (including the X360 version)
X360 sports games (FIFA, Live, Madden, Tiger)
Shadow The Hedgehog
True Crime: New York City
Infected
Legend Of Heroes
Kingdom Of Paradise

there were some others too.

No Kameo yet though![/QUOTE]

Guess I'll go pick up my dragon quest, thanks buddy.

Anyone know whether or not GR will have 360 games for retail? In a forum from another site a GR employee said that only one copy of each title will be for sale other than pre orders.

[quote name='deadite76']Anyone know whether or not GR will have 360 games for retail? In a forum from another site a GR employee said that only one copy of each title will be for sale other than pre orders.[/QUOTE]

Well, from what I've seen so far, it looks like they are getting 1-3 copies of each game in. So, they aren't going to have a lot of copies lying around that weren't pre-ordered.

went in today to trade in a few things and pick up dragon quest and half life 2. They are only giving 20 for GUN which is super lame. The board said 30 but it only came up as 20. The game just came out a week ago.

[quote name='takingchase']went in today to trade in a few things and pick up dragon quest and half life 2. They are only giving 20 for GUN which is super lame. The board said 30 but it only came up as 20. The game just came out a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they realized that they ordered too many copies for rental, so they lowered the buy back price. Every BB I've been to has at least 20 copies of Gun for rental for the PS2 alone. I'd hate to think that someone at BB was actually smart enough to lower the trade-in price for a game which they have no shortage of used copies.

[quote name='takingchase']went in today to trade in a few things and pick up dragon quest and half life 2. They are only giving 20 for GUN which is super lame. The board said 30 but it only came up as 20. The game just came out a week ago.[/QUOTE]

WOW! :shock: i was about to trade in the game but i think i'll keep it now. thanks for the heads up.

Gamerush got more 360 games in today.

Picked up Condemned, Madden, and NBA Live. They also had the other EA games Fifa and NFS. No other 360 games besides those and PGR 3 which has been mentioned. Also picked up xbox versions of True Crime: NYC CE and Half Life 2, and PS2 versions of NFS: MW Black Edition and Dragon Quest. They even actually put everyone's preorders to the side with a paper taped on them with their name.

THANK YOU Gamerush. You are the BEST game store I've ever gone to with great and friendly employees. Keep up the good work. I hardly ever see praise, so I thought I would write this short segment just in case the head guys at Blockbuster actually do read this thread. :applause:

Can't wait to play Condemned in a few days, it looks awesome.

[quote name='johnnyle']Any XBOX 360 games at $49.99 that we can pre-order with trade-in for $29.99? Thanks alots[/QUOTE]

as previously mentioned, the deal is not supposed to work with xbox 360 games even if they are priced at $49.99. it's ymmv b/c it depends on if the employees at your store are nice (or clueless) enough to let you do it hehe. g'luck.

[quote name='ksuwild25']THANK YOU Gamerush. You are the BEST game store I've ever gone to with great and friendly employees. Keep up the good work. I hardly ever see praise, so I thought I would write this short segment just in case the head guys at Blockbuster actually do read this thread. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. My GR is awesome, knowledgeable and friendly employees, with good game recommendations (the other GR in my area tried to get me to preorder "The Godfather" simply because "the movie was good, so the game must be good also". If it wasn't for GR I wouldn't be able to get a 360 now, so they got my loyalty.

[quote name='milmanias']Amen to that. My GR is awesome, knowledgeable and friendly employees, with good game recommendations (the other GR in my area tried to get me to preorder "The Godfather" simply because "the movie was good, so the game must be good also". If it wasn't for GR I wouldn't be able to get a 360 now, so they got my loyalty.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'll be loyal to GR until the end... which we are slowly (or quickly) driving them towards. :)

If the board said $30, tell them it does, and they should raise it to $30.

[quote name='aoLat']If the board said $30, tell them it does, and they should raise it to $30.[/QUOTE]

just checked online and it says 20 on the gamerush website. Man I was gonna trade this in monday when it was 27 but I thought I would wait one more day to see if it goes up to 35. I guess I'll just sell it on ebay now.

Yeah I traded in a game awhile back the board said $30 and they offered I think $19. The manager changed the trade in value to reflect the board for me...

[quote name='kjauburn']Yeah I traded in a game awhile back the board said $30 and they offered I think $19. The manager changed the trade in value to reflect the board for me...[/QUOTE]

well the kid there asked if he could change it but the really mean bitchy manager was there today. She was also trying to tell me I couldn't trade on my parents account which I had my name on and a trading account on.

You may want to hold Gun for another week. Gamerush frequently raises the trade-in value during the second week that a game is out. Some of the older threads have references to low trade-in values during the first week followed by an increase.

[quote name='grecianfox']You may want to hold Gun for another week. Gamerush frequently raises the trade-in value during the second week that a game is out. Some of the older threads have references to low trade-in values during the first week followed by an increase.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you have nothing to lose. Battlefield just went from $27 last week to $35 this week...

[quote name='grecianfox']You may want to hold Gun for another week. Gamerush frequently raises the trade-in value during the second week that a game is out. Some of the older threads have references to low trade-in values during the first week followed by an increase.[/QUOTE]

well the thing about that is I wanted to get in on the trade in deal before it ends, but since they do price changes on tuesdays and next tuesday is th 22nd when the deal ends i'm pretty much out of luck.

Also I forgot to mention in my earlier post, the manager I talked to when I picked up my games said they were receiving just enough premium 360s for those that preordered and 5 extra core systems to have available at this store. The most interesting thing she said was that Gamerush would be receiving new shipments of 360s EACH week until christmas. She didn't specify how many would be coming in each shipment though, but it just kind of suprised me that they were planning on getting a shipment each week since I thought stores would be lucky just to squeeze out one more shipment after the intial launch before the christmas holiday.

[quote name='saetia']No Mario Kart DS, no Dragon Quest, no Suikoden Tactics, and still no 360 Games/Accessories at my location. =/[/QUOTE]

hmmm, i picked up suikoden tactics last week. did you preorder it?

I went to pick up my Xbox 360 pre-ordered games tonight... and I got shafted so badly that I won't be going back to Gamerush.

This was at the Fishers, IN store (number 18572) at 116th and Allisonville north of Indianapolis, so Indy CAGs, just steer clear of there altogether.

They had saved the games for me and even put my name on them, but that was the only thing they did right. They told me I owed $100 something for two games, even though I had pre-ordered them with the "Trade 2, Get a Pre-Order for $30" deal. The clerk (after throwing a hissy fit because his co-worker didn't know how to ring me up and bitching because he had been there for 12 hours or something) told me the 360 games weren't part of that deal (which we now know). When I had actually done the trades and pre-ordered, the clerk assured me I could order them. This was the same guy who only asked me to prepay $5 instead of the entire $30. I even went back to the store the day after that (when via this board I realized not paying the full $30 wasn't normal) and was assured by the manager that I would only be charged $25 per game.

Long story short, the clerk refused to give me the games for the $25 each I owed them. When I told him I wasn't getting a 360 anymore and would gladly take or pre-order two current gen games, he shot me down again. He told me he had credited my account $21.xx (for God knows what, I paid $5 each to pre-order) and then he just walked away. Very, very shitty customer service.

I decided not to argue, as there were only two employees in the store, and the other clearly had no idea what the hell was going on. I just put my credit card back in my wallet and left.

I am, however, going to write a letter to that store's district manager explaining what happened, and ask that at bare minimum they get their employees on the same damn page. I realize that I probably won't be credited anything near what I should have gotten out of the deal, but I at least want to make a headache for the jackass who took my pre-order and the other jackass who refused to honor the deal as it was presented to me.

If anyone might know how I could write to the DM of that store (number 18572, any GR employees willing?) I would appreciate that information greatly.

That will most likely be my last trip to that store other than to pick up my Zelda pre-order, which they will no doubt screw up as well. I guess I may go back to use that credit, but I'll probably just apply it to Zelda later.

Haven't seen this posted anywhere...

talked to the manager of the gamerush i frequent in OKC and he said starting monday they will no longer RENT GBA or NDS games and all of their rental copies will be sold as used with 25% off. this is across the country and is company wide. don't know if this pertains to non gamerush BBs. and for those wondering, he said no stores got any of the NDS games released this week for rent (mario kart, sonic rush). looks like a good chance to pick up some recently released games like trauma center, kirby, that lawyer game, castlevania for used prices and 25% off...

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']I went to pick up my Xbox 360 pre-ordered games tonight... and I got shafted so badly that I won't be going back to Gamerush.
This was at the Fishers, IN store (number 18572) at 116th and Allisonville north of Indianapolis, so Indy CAGs, just steer clear of there altogether.

They had saved the games for me and even put my name on them, but that was the only thing they did right. They told me I owed $100 something for two games, even though I had pre-ordered them with the "Trade 2, Get a Pre-Order for $30" deal. The clerk (after throwing a hissy fit because his co-worker didn't know how to ring me up and bitching because he had been there for 12 hours or something) told me the 360 games weren't part of that deal (which we now know). When I had actually done the trades and pre-ordered, the clerk assured me I could order them. This was the same guy who only asked me to prepay $5 instead of the entire $30. I even went back to the store the day after that (when via this board I realized not paying the full $30 wasn't normal) and was assured by the manager that I would only be charged $25 per game.

Long story short, the clerk refused to give me the games for the $25 each I owed them. When I told him I wasn't getting a 360 anymore and would gladly take or pre-order two current gen games, he shot me down again. He told me he had credited my account $21.xx (for God knows what, I paid $5 each to pre-order) and then he just walked away. Very, very shitty customer service.

I decided not to argue, as there were only two employees in the store, and the other clearly had no idea what the hell was going on. I just put my credit card back in my wallet and left.

I am, however, going to write a letter to that store's district manager explaining what happened, and ask that at bare minimum they get their employees on the same damn page. I realize that I probably won't be credited anything near what I should have gotten out of the deal, but I at least want to make a headache for the jackass who took my pre-order and the other jackass who refused to honor the deal as it was presented to me.

If anyone might know how I could write to the DM of that store (number 18572, any GR employees willing?) I would appreciate that information greatly.

That will most likely be my last trip to that store other than to pick up my Zelda pre-order, which they will no doubt screw up as well. I guess I may go back to use that credit, but I'll probably just apply it to Zelda later.[/QUOTE]
That's probaly the only Game Rush I have not been to in the Indy area. That sucks man. They pull that shit at my GR on Keystone, I dunno what I am gonna do, besides make a scene, of which is usually futile in my previous experience but makes me feel a lot better, afterwards.

I pre-ordered Perfect Dark Zero in the same fashion you did, w/no problems, and received the same assurance in a smooth transaction as yourself. Good luck on getting it squared away via going to the DM.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']hmmm, i picked up suikoden tactics last week. did you preorder it?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I didn't. I ran outta bravery w/the trading in of the Dead To Rights II copies. Good point, though. My loss.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']
If anyone might know how I could write to the DM of that store (116th & Allisonville, Fishers, IN) I would appreciate that information greatly.
[/QUOTE]

You are better off calling that store (or another in the area), and they can give you the DM's phone number. I have done this in the past (for a BBV related thing), and came away satisfied in the end. It probably depends on the DM, but the one that helped me was very helpful and took the situation seriously.

[quote name='saetia']Nah, I didn't. I ran outta bravery w/the trading in of the Dead To Rights II copies. Good point, though. My loss.[/QUOTE]

i played the game last week and (imo) it's really slow. it does expand the suikoden 4 story a little bit though which is really nice. the game received mediocre reviews and hopefully you can find a used cheap or (price-drop) new one soon. g'luck!

Damn that sucks ass Alan I remember you posting about that along time ago and we all told ya to go back the next day and clear things up. Did you save all your receipts? Go back tomorrow and talk to the store manager and if he doesn't satisfy you then ask him straight up what his bosses number is. If he gives you any hassle at all just go to the next Blockbuster over and tell them you need the info of the district manager handling the stores in the area. If you have your recepits you should be good as long as your willing to fight it. I'm assuming when you went back the next day the manager gave you a receipt when you put the extra $25 with each game to do the $30 deal correctly.....

My local GR has no 360 stuff for sale yet and I called the other one up the road and the girl said the 22nd for everything.. :cry: I've got NBA Live and Quake preordered plus i'm hoping to grab Madden a wireless controller and a play and charge kit with my remaining store credit. I'm done with GR for a while after I spent this last $125 credit, untill they bring back some great trade in deals for the 360 or another buy low sell high game comes along. I might be able to walk to GR but i'd rather take a trip to EB......

Yeah, I saw the reviews. Not too flattering at all. Even after the shame that was Suikoden 4, I still decided i wanted it, being the Suikoden whore I am.

I pray to God, Konami redeems itself w/S5, as I have heard they are going back to their roots and creating the game that we loved w/the 1st incarnations.

Picked up Mario Kart and Sonic at the Commerce, MI location. They seemed to have a bunch of other new DS games, but i was in a hurry and didnt look

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']I went to pick up my Xbox 360 pre-ordered games tonight... and I got shafted so badly that I won't be going back to Gamerush.

That will most likely be my last trip to that store other than to pick up my Zelda pre-order, which they will no doubt screw up as well. I guess I may go back to use that credit, but I'll probably just apply it to Zelda later.[/QUOTE]

That's the worst GR in Indy. Go to the store on Pedleton Pike, it's like the wild west over there -- anything goes! That GR you are talking about tried to prevent me from trading in games for the trade 3, get a PPG for $5 deal because they had EBGames price tags on them. Total jerks.

Another store that is usually cool and give me no shit is the store on 56th and Georgetown. They even lemme pre-order SotC one day prior to receiving their shipment which was a day late than most GR's got theirs.

I'm going to a Halo 2 tournament on the 23rd, and the prize is $250 per team member. After that, I'll trade in my Xbox for $60, and a few games to reach that golden price of $400. Do you guys know if they will have in any 360's to buy the day after they get in their usual systems? Or do I just have to be lucky? I don't wanna trade in my original Xbox, and then have nothing for 3 weeks. :sad:

Thanks for the help, guys. I really don't want to go back to that store again. I had no idea there were people on here that had been there before. The only other one I've been to was at 96th & I-69, and the guy there was really cool.

Anyway, I'll probably call that GR on 96th and ask for their DM's contact info. I'm really not looking to get anything else out of it... if the DM feels I deserve something, fine, but I don't want to press for credit at a location that's so damn awful I don't even want to go back. They cheated me, IMO, and they owe me, but I'm too exhausted to fight them (at that store, anyway). If I could move my Zelda pre-order to another store, I definitely would.

I already typed up my letter, so hopefully I'll have somewhere to send it tomorrow.

Damn GR.

And shady, when I went back that one day, I just talked to the manager, I didn't actually pay off the $25 (I should have, though). I should have made him put what he said in writing, or at least print off whatever notes they supposedly put in their system.

Gamerush Trade ins:

All XBOX:

Battlefield:MC-$35 (Yes, not $27 like reported before. $35)
Burnout Revenge-$19
Far:Cry instincts-$27
Call of Duty 2:Big Red One-$27

I picked up the only copy of PGR3 that they had, and paid off a controller. Had around 31 cents left over.

[quote name='shipwreck']
Half-Life 2
Dragon Quest VIII
[/QUOTE]

i picked up these preorders but they didn't have wild arms: alter code f! :bomb: that was the game i was anticipating the most :(

bread's done
Back