GameRush Thread #8 No Current Deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

There are no sales at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported Trade-In Prices

All recent trade-in prices will be listed here along with the date they were reported. Trade-in prices are usually universal at both Blockbuster and Gamerush, but there are some that differ per region. Trade-in prices generally change on Tuesdays.

:ds:

$10
Polarium 1/8/06
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 1/15/06

$4.50
Sprung 1/8/06

:gba:

$10
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of The Souls 1/23/06

$2
Cartoon Network Block Party 1/15/06

:gc:

$30
Mario Strikers 1/5/06

$27
Fight Night Round 2 1/5/06

$24
Geist 1/25/06

$1.25
Metroid Prime 1/9/06

:ps2:

$30
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 Collector's Edition 1/21/06

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$27
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region)1/16/06
Dynasty Warriors 5 1/7/06
God Of War 1/25/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/12/06 (Possibly dropped to $10)

$24
Disgaea 1/19/06
Echo Night 1/25/06
Kuon 1/25/06

$22
Killzone (differs by region) 1/8/06

$21
Psychonauts 1/22/06 (Down from $24)

$19
Ghost In The Shell 1/25/06
Haunting Ground 1/11/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact 1/16/06
Nightmare Of Druaga 1/16/06
Samurai Western 1/22/06
Winning Eleven 8 12/31/05
World Tour Soccer 2006 1/19/06

$13.50
Metal Slug 4 & 5 1/5/06
NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup 1/19/06

$12
Killer 7 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms IX 1/9/06

$10
Alien Homind 1/23/06
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region) 1/1/06
Killzone (differs by region) 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/16/06 (Possibly dropped from $27)

$7
Killzone (differs by region) 1/11/06
Madden 2005 1/19/06
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 1/19/06
The Sims: Bustin' Out 1/19/06
SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom 1/19/06

$6
Burnout 2 1/19/06
Powerdrome 1/16/06

$5.50
Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore 1/21/06

$5
Siren 1/24/06

$4.25
Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel 1/25/06

$1.50
Duel Masters 1/2/06

:psp:

:xbox:

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted

$27
Flatout 1/16/06
Half-Life 2 1/3/06

$24
GunGriffon: Allied Strike 1/24/06

$19
Burnout Revenge 1/2/06
Galleon 1/20/06
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 1/19/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact: Maniax 1/12/06
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory 1/5/06

$16
Winning Eleven 8 1/9/06
Wrestlemania 21 1/20/06

$15
King Kong, Peter Jackson's 1/9/06

$12
FIFA Street 1/23/06
PowerDrome Racing 1/12/06

$10
X-Men Legends II: Rise Of Apocalypse 1/2/06

$9.50
Monster Garage 1/19/06
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II 1/19/06

$7
American Chopper 1/19/06
Kung Fu Chaos 1/15/06
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within 1/9/06
Silent Hill 4 1/9/06
Sonic Mega Collection Plus 1/19/06
Spider-Man 2 1/19/06
X-Men Legends 1/9/06

$6
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time 1/9/06
Project Gotham Racing 2 1/9/06

$4.25
Red Dead Revolver 1/19/06

:360:

$35
Amped 3 1/21/06
Call Of Duty 2 1/24/06

$28.50
Kameo 1/7/06
Perfect Dark Zero 1/24/06

$28
Madden 06 1/21/06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$9
Headset 1/8/06

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Gamerush Threads: 2 3 4 5 6 7

Weird, I called my GR today to check the value of KUON, and they said they couldn't take any in trade. I've never traded any copy of it there.

[quote name='banpeikun']Weird, I called my GR today to check the value of KUON, and they said they couldn't take any in trade. I've never traded any copy of it there.[/QUOTE]

I've heard from the past (almost a year ago) that if that particular GameRush has enough copies of one game, they may not take anymore in as trades. I'm not sure how true it is and if it still applies today, but something to ponder about.

[quote name='cdeener']Has anyone been able to find any 360's for sale at their GR outside of pre-order?[/QUOTE]

My GameRush STILL has one preorder to fill. After that I should finally be able to pick one up. Hopefully. They just don't seem to be getting in any in.

[quote name='eraser813']Well my local GR finally got some more copies of Halo 2 for $9.99. I picked up 2.[/QUOTE]

Which Gamerush?

[quote name='cdeener']Has anyone been able to find any 360's for sale at their GR outside of pre-order?[/QUOTE]

Just last night I saw a employee take a 360 out of the back room for a customer. Pretty sure it wasn't for a preorder, since my GR only had like 3 preorders before launch. I noticed they also restocked on hard drives. My store had at least 4.

Isn't it odd how Echo Night Beyond and Kuon are huge trade-ins. But no one has mentioned they were developed and released by the same companies. Odd.

[quote name='Zon27']Isn't it odd how Echo Night Beyond and Kuon are huge trade-ins. But no one has mentioned they were developed and released by the same companies. Odd.[/QUOTE]

And both are available at GS with seals still intact (new being sold as used) - must have been some deal with the publisher to dump stock?

Yea, i thought it was kinda odd, maybe there are more Agetec games worth $24 that GS has for $9.99.

Its kinda wierd though, EB sells Kuon new for $49.99, and Gamerush sells it used for $39.99. Yet Gamestop is $9.99

Havent checked Rhino's price (if they have it at all) but since they're owned by Blockbuster, im sure its the same prices.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I'm somewhat sure that Space Channel 5 for PS2 is by Agetec as well. But that game doesnt get you $24. I'm not sure how much it'll get you, but I've seen it at GR used for like $9.99.

Here is a list of products by systems.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I saw that one used at GS for $9.99 with the seal intact as well. There were a couple of others too (can't remember the names) - it would be interesting to see if they are all Agetec. I don't remember seeing any of the other PS2 games in that link though.

Farmington Hills MI still takes Kuons for 24. Traded one in today after trading in geist for 12 bucks at the local gamestop.

About Space Channel - I know it used to (in september of 2004) get I think 24 bucks for disc 2 and 3 bucks for disc one.

I hate me... I bought a Kuon and Echo Night Beyond at a store I never go to, so figured what the hell. New GS employee ("How do I do the GI card?" "How do I do credit?") + me not paying attention in the mall = me opening up empty game cases before going into Blockbuster. I'm annoyed, hopefully I'll be able to get the discs transferred to my local store cause I'm not going back to the other one. Otherwise I'll have to attempt to return them.

Regardless, traded in Ghost in the Shell and another Echo Night Beyond for $19 and $24. Got another Ghost in the Shell and two empty cases ready to be traded in to GameRush :p

...I think I need to get Zelda and Grandia 3 PO'd (Kuon and friends here i come) and then i'll just save my real money for a Revo...just incase there's a deal/pack-in somewhere else. I want to enjoy that launch as much as possible

[quote name='SpottedNigel']...I think I need to get Zelda and Grandia 3 PO'd (Kuon and friends here i come) and then i'll just save my real money for a Revo...just incase there's a deal/pack-in somewhere else. I want to enjoy that launch as much as possible[/QUOTE]

Might want to wait for Nintendo to announce an official pre-order bonus for Zelda, wouldn't want to miss out on something as cool as ocarina and master quest for gc that came with wind waker pre-orders.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']...I think I need to get Zelda and Grandia 3 PO'd (Kuon and friends here i come) and then i'll just save my real money for a Revo...just incase there's a deal/pack-in somewhere else. I want to enjoy that launch as much as possible[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was just reading up on Grandia myself - looks good. I had no idea what it was or that it was coming out so soon. And what do you know, there it is on the preorder list I typed in - never paid any attention to it before! I'll have to switch something for that if they don't come up with a new preorder deal next week.

I really miss CoryCubed and Dr. Frielgood - a new deal is coming out (or not) on Tuesday and we have NO idea what it is. Sad...

---------------

Echo Night Beyond is $9.99 at GS (used, or $14.99 new, but the used are really new copies, just opened) - just read the last page or two of this thread.

"Might want to wait for Nintendo to announce an official pre-order bonus for Zelda, wouldn't want to miss out on something as cool as ocarina and master quest for gc that came with wind waker pre-orders."

... as I now remember why I didnt PO it when i had the credit too...then again, I'm moving into my own place when it comes out, so I may just have to kiss some EB/GS employees ass to get the freebie, well, free.

"Yeah, I was just reading up on Grandia myself - looks good. I had no idea what it was or that it was coming out so soon. And what do you know, there it is on the preorder list I typed in - never paid any attention to it before! I'll have to switch something for that if they don't come up with a new preorder deal next week.

I really miss CoryCubed and Dr. Frielgood - a new deal is coming out (or not) on Tuesday and we have NO idea what it is. Sad..."

If you have a DC or PS2, you owe it to yourself to play Grandia 2...it's one of the few RPG's I actually cared enough about to finish.

And yeah, the insiders where quite helpful....

[quote name='io']
I really miss CoryCubed and Dr. Frielgood - a new deal is coming out (or not) on Tuesday and we have NO idea what it is. Sad...
.[/QUOTE]

It's a going out of business sale :lol:

I'd really be curious to see what GR's profit margins are, with so many people trading them crappy games that probably rot on the shelf.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Might want to wait for Nintendo to announce an official pre-order bonus for Zelda, wouldn't want to miss out on something as cool as ocarina and master quest for gc that came with wind waker pre-orders.[/QUOTE]
Well, GR is about as good for preorder bonuses as EB/GS (unless they're exclusives) so the only caveat I would see is if they have a collector's edition or something.

[quote name='botticus']Well, GR is about as good for preorder bonuses as EB/GS (unless they're exclusives) so the only caveat I would see is if they have a collector's edition or something.[/QUOTE]

First, ive had GR screw up the bonuses a few times (I still want my crappy RE4 shirt).
Second, now that you mention, I believe Reggie mentioned there being a collectors edition at some point.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']First, ive had GR screw up the bonuses a few times (I still want my crappy RE4 shirt).
Second, now that you mention, I believe Reggie mentioned there being a collectors edition at some point.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... if so, I will just pay the extra for the CE at GR, or switch it to something else and pay full price for Zelda. I can deal with that after two years of refusing to do so for any other game.

Well I don't know about you guys but Zelda is one game I'm not taking any risks about getting it on day 1. I'm gonna need to play that the day it comes out not 3 weeks after that day when gamerush finally gets it in. The last game I was really excited about playing was metal gear solid 3, my gamerush ended up getting it 4 days late and I went crazy, but knowing I didn't pay any cash for it made it somewhat easier to wait.

LOZ: WW I am now finally playing till the end, and I was at Gamestop at midnight to pick it up day of release...and I still think I did an ok thing. I'll do the same thing for TP too...even if i dont play it right away, I want to know I got it on day 1.

I completely understand.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's a going out of business sale :lol:

I'd really be curious to see what GR's profit margins are, with so many people trading them crappy games that probably rot on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

heh - I know what you mean. But even if that day comes (and I sure hope it doesn't), it would be nice to know from insiders how it will be handled so we can maximize the use of our remaining credit.

Assuming GR is still in good standing at the time Zelda comes out, I'm sure they will get that one on time (maybe 1 day late). They seem to handle the big Nintendo releases OK, and I'm sure that's one where multiple have been reserved at most stores. My preorder is going on nearly 1 year now :). I think FFXII will be even longer - but I'm sure they'll get that, no problem.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Farmington Hills MI still takes Kuons for 24. Traded one in today after trading in geist for 12 bucks at the local gamestop.

About Space Channel - I know it used to (in september of 2004) get I think 24 bucks for disc 2 and 3 bucks for disc one.[/QUOTE]

It (Space Channel 5) gets $2.50 for both disc now. I just traded in a copy which I picked up last year at Ebgames for $5.00 so it wasn't too much of a loss.

Quick question

Anyone know how much Metal Arms - Glitch in the system gets?

I got this game recently for $5 and tried playing it, got to the second area and this game just fucking annoys me. Total bullshit that I dont have the time or patience for.

Dragonball Z Budokai 3 gets $30 at GR? Hmm...I saw one on the 80% off clearance rack at GameStop...I think it would be around $6 plus tax...might have to go grab it. What all is this game supposed to come with to be complete? Game, dvd movie, toy, instructions?

[quote name='Roufuss']It's a going out of business sale :lol:

I'd really be curious to see what GR's profit margins are, with so many people trading them crappy games that probably rot on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

We've got a ton of Game Rush stores in this city and they all seem to sell an insane amount of games. They put $40 on a used copy of Paper Mario and it's gone in 5 minutes. As for the crappy games people trade in, they seem to fly off the shelves at insane prices as well.

It doesn't seem like the average gamer shops around...they just have a store they like and they buy all their games there. I used to be like that myself.

[quote name='Rictor']Dragonball Z Budokai 3 gets $30 at GR? Hmm...I saw one on the 80% off clearance rack at GameStop...I think it would be around $6 plus tax...might have to go grab it. What all is this game supposed to come with to be complete? Game, dvd movie, toy, instructions?[/QUOTE]

they really didn't check anything but the game inside. The people at my gamerush had never seen it before.

Kuon is this game:

939010b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=939010

Gamestop's site is having a buy 2 get 1 free deal, so it'd be an easy way to make even more $.

Flatout (Xbox) is still holding at $27 as of 1/15, as well as Nightmare of Druaga (PS2) at $19, and Powerdrome (PS2) at $6.

Also, got a quote for Kung-Fu Chaos (Xbox) at $7. I'm holding on to that to see if there is a trade-in deal coming this week.

Nightmare of Druaga is only $4 at CC - if you can find it. I found 1 in about 5 CC's I've gone to since the latest clearance started last week. Also, it seems the TRU store closing clearance has gone to 20% off video games (only at TRU that are closing), at least in Tyson's Corner, VA. I got Ghost in the Shell and KOF:MI for $8. I really didn't want to do any more of those but it is too tempting :D.

[quote name='Rictor']Dragonball Z Budokai 3 gets $30 at GR? Hmm...I saw one on the 80% off clearance rack at GameStop...I think it would be around $6 plus tax...might have to go grab it. What all is this game supposed to come with to be complete? Game, dvd movie, toy, instructions?[/QUOTE]

It's the collector's edition.

Ok, who is the other CAG that keeps hitting the Stow and Chapel Hill Gamestops in Ohio? I refuse to believe that people actually wanted to play Kuon within a few days of us finding out it got such good trade in. I thought I was the only rather active CAGer as I had 0 trouble last year getting pretty much everything I wanted.

[quote name='Zennousha']Ok, who is the other CAG that keeps hitting the Stow and Chapel Hill Gamestops in Ohio? I refuse to believe that people actually wanted to play Kuon within a few days of us finding out it got such good trade in. I thought I was the only rather active CAGer as I had 0 trouble last year getting pretty much everything I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, must be one of those dreaded lurkers... (I was one for about 6 months before I joined - had a different user name before but never posted).

[quote name='Zon27']It's the collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

Well, duh. I know that. I'm asking what the collector's edition is suppsed to come with so I know if the copy at Gamestop is complete or not. Sounds like it doesn't matter though.

[quote name='Zennousha']Ok, who is the other CAG that keeps hitting the Stow and Chapel Hill Gamestops in Ohio? I refuse to believe that people actually wanted to play Kuon within a few days of us finding out it got such good trade in. I thought I was the only rather active CAGer as I had 0 trouble last year getting pretty much everything I wanted.[/QUOTE]

That'd be me, and not a lurker - I post here about it a lot. The Stow gamestop never had any Kuon, and I only got one from Chapel Hill was the plaza one - the mall never had any. I got my Kuons from Aurora, Macedonia and the other side of NE OHio - Youngstown and Boardman. Echo Night and Galleon were also scarce before I found the last on them. There's another CAGer by the name of jkanownik that gamerush's in the area, but I dunno what he gets to trade in.

Theres also a bunch of random people - wannabe Ebay millionares that I always see at the exchange stores

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']That'd be me, and not a lurker - I post here about it a lot. The Stow gamestop never had any Kuon, and I only got one from Chapel Hill was the plaza one - the mall never had any. I got my Kuons from Aurora, Macedonia and the other side of NE OHio - Youngstown and Boardman. Echo Night and Galleon were also scarce before I found the last on them. There's another CAGer by the name of jkanownik that gamerush's in the area, but I dunno what he gets to trade in.

Theres also a bunch of random people - wannabe Ebay millionares that I always see at the exchange stores

Dave[/QUOTE]
Good, you guys stay out of the rest of NE Ohio ;). I hit Mentor, Mayfield, Richmond, and will get to Cleveland Heights one of thse days. I've traded in enough though, so I'll give them a week or two to drop the trade in, and if not, I figure its fair game for one or two more.

Traded in Ghost in the Shell, Kuon, and Echo Night Beyond for $19, $24, and $24 (lost a remaining $2 on my value card in the process, but oh darn). I bought some gift cards, but sadly the $5 free gift card promo ended 1/9, so it was kind of worthless.

Picked up Castlevania DoS (finally, a new used game was traded in!) for $22.50 in credit = ~$11.25 in cash, complete and in good condition. Also got Zookeeper (new) which I had been passing on for a while now.

Still $70 on my card and $100+ on gift cards.

[quote name='Bezerker']It comes with a Dragonball i believe, so if its disc/case only, its not complete[/QUOTE]

It had the box, the game, a dragonball toy, instructions, and I'm not sure what else with it. Just wanted to know how many discs, as I know it comes with some movies.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Oh I'm on my way up there as soon as my alternator gets fixed :)

Dave[/QUOTE]
Well, Mentor mall GameStop has another Kuon (had to go get the disc that they didn't give me yesterday, and they had another complete copy ready to go before remembering that I got the case yesterday). Cleveland Heights has both, or they did last inventory check, but if you're willing to drive there before me when it has zero expressway access, you're welcome to it ;)

[quote name='Zennousha']Ok, who is the other CAG that keeps hitting the Stow and Chapel Hill Gamestops in Ohio?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got one copy from the Stow store on Friday. Before I left the online inventory said Stow had 1-3 copies and Chapel Hill 0, so there weren't too many to go around.

There are quite a few of us that frequent these stores, but I've found that we'll all pretty good about not hoarding as I've been able to find a lot of stuff. The only problem we have is the group of soccer moms lurking on FW that wipe out all of the deals that get posted there. If there is a hot deal that gets posted on FW you better plan on being at the store when it opens.

$10 for Splinter Cell DS
$2 for Cartoon Network Block Party
$24 Kuon
$24 Echo Night

as of yesterday. The guys couldnt figure out how to get accessories into the computer, so i'll have a small list of prices for those too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back