Gamestop 20-40% off Pre-owned Games 4/25-4/27 (YMMV)

RienBoyle72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (100%)
I just talked with one of my local Gamestop managers and he told me about a promo this upcoming weekend.

Buy 2 used games get 20% off (30% with PUR)

Buy 4 used games get 30% off (40% with PUR)

Buy 6+ used games get 40% (50% with PUR)

The manager here said they were also doing the 50% (60% PUR) TIV bonus at this store as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I actually blogged about it when they opened their first test store in Houston:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/153/entry-22247-new-gamestop-pilot-store-sells-only-used-games/

This was the deal they were running at the time. That location is still there and still an outlet store. I travel a lot and it still is the only one I've ever seen. I'm not sure whether or not its working out for them.
That's interesting. I just don't read blogs. Especially those that are a few years old.

I searched and there's an outlet a few cities from here. I might call to ask about it and head over there if it sounds good enough. Thanks.

[quote name="ghost1914" post="11711190" timestamp="1398321233"]This is an interesting deal. Could buy a used $40 game and a used $1 game and get 20% off or throw in a couple more $1 games for higher percentage. Has to be some sort of rule in there to prevent that.[/quote]

Be careful with with this. Some of the $1 "used" games are treated as new in the computer system to prevent using them for deals like this. I got burned trying to use Kinect Adventures for a TIV bump.

The highest tier is only 7% better than

Seems too good to be true, but makes sense if they're trying to get rid of last gen games. Lets hope it's true.
Really too good to be true? I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm just thinking about it. The highest tier is only 7% better than B2G1 free (33% off a game before PUR discount) and this one forces you to buy 6 games.

Yes, I actually blogged about it when they opened their first test store in Houston:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/153/entry-22247-new-gamestop-pilot-store-sells-only-used-games/

This was the deal they were running at the time. That location is still there and still an outlet store. I travel a lot and it still is the only one I've ever seen. I'm not sure whether or not its working out for them.

image05272012173238.jpg
Hate to break it to you but this location stopped doing this at the beginning of the year

The highest tier is only 7% better than

Really too good to be true? I'm not trying to be a jerk I'm just thinking about it. The highest tier is only 7% better than B2G1 free (33% off a game before PUR discount) and this one forces you to buy 6 games.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Your scenario is if I bought them at equal value. But what if I buy myself Titanfall, and 5 games that are 99 cents?

They had something like this last year on Wii games.  I bought 4 copies of Wii Fit, 1 copy of some 99 cent singing game, and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Everyone seems to be discussing the purchase discounts, but I am more interested in the 50% trade-in bonus.  I think I recall them doing both promotions in the past but don't recall if the trade-in had to be tied to a used game purchase or pre-order.  Does anyone recall?

They had something like this last year on Wii games. I bought 4 copies of Wii Fit, 1 copy of some 99 cent singing game, and Metroid Prime Trilogy.
This. I remember I also bought some expensive $55 game pre owned and 4 copies of links crossbow training at $.50 a pop. ended up getting the 40% off everything. no override needed.

This. I remember I also bought some expensive $55 game pre owned and 4 copies of links crossbow training at $.50 a pop. ended up getting the 40% off everything. no override needed.
Do they have a problem returning all the cheap games back or do you just have a nice collection of Crossbow Training?

My local store's doing the sale so this might be the chance to pick up a few games.

Found Okamiden, Let's Tap, Megaman Zero Collection, 3d Dot Game Heroes, and a couple other gems I've been wanting complete so this'll be the perfect chance to pick them up.

Yeah in Winter 2012 GS did this for Wii and DS games, it's was one of the best sales.  As others have said, load up on cheap $0.99 games (like Wii Fit) or even better all the $0.50 Link's Crossbow Training titles you can find, with one or two high dollar games you want, the discount applied towards all games regardless of the price.

Unless they come up with some exclusions this time, which we'll see.

Guess What I found

I can CONFIRMED IN MULTIPLE GAMESTOPS in my Area at least in Sacramento and heard its running in San Francisco as well   

40% 6+ w/ Pro 

30% 4-5 w/ Pro

20% 2-3 w/ Pro

thus,

30% w/o Pro

20% w/o

10% w/o

The B3G2 is a little bit better than this deal but at least you can buy any used game you want over $20

In the bottom it says "Cannot be combined with any other offer"

So those who are using the B-day coupon it's definitely YMMV and no mentions about the 50% bonus on TIV

Does Gamestop have a limit to how many copies of the same game one can buy using the PUR Pro Benefits (similar to Best Buy)?

I was interested in getting a couple of games, but do not want to spend money upgrading to PUR Pro. If I get a PRO membership, I might trade back some of the games.

So the 10-30% is non pur, the 20-40% is free version of pur, and so pur pros get 30-50% ? Is that how i am to read this? I may be in for some of the $20 games i've been eyeing and get 6 games for $60 if thats the case.. although i did get 6 $19.99 or less games b2g1 during easter week and i was struggling to find others i wanted so maybe not

So the 10-30% is non pur, the 20-40% is free version of pur, and so pur pros get 30-50% ? Is that how i am to read this? I may be in for some of the $20 games i've been eyeing and get 6 games for $60 if thats the case.. although i did get 6 $19.99 or less games b2g1 during easter week and i was struggling to find others i wanted so maybe not
No, look at the image Jeff Jr. posted: The 10-30% applies to non-PUR members and the 20-40% applies to PUR Pro members, that's it--there's no 30-50% tier.

Ahh ok the first poster mentioned a 50% thanks for the clarification. :) might not bite on this sale then. I shall see what my local store has on saturday

I asked the cool dude at my local store and he told me about the increasing savings promo. He didn't mention 50%. The 50% might be select stores.

So if I were to buy the game I actually wanted with 5 filler games, could I return the 5 back and keep the one I wanted with the 40% off?

Everyone seems to be discussing the purchase discounts, but I am more interested in the 50% trade-in bonus. I think I recall them doing both promotions in the past but don't recall if the trade-in had to be tied to a used game purchase or pre-order. Does anyone recall?
They've done trade bumps when you put the credit toward a used product a bunch of times. It's when madden 02 suddenly becomes extremely popular. :)

Does anybody have/know the Bday Coupon code?  I never saved/used it till now, but now whenever there is a need for it, finding it is difficult!

Huh, looks like cag16 stacks with this promo 

Eh it stacks but override the 30% discount and did the buy 2 get 10% discount instead. Booooo

Thanks, does anyone have the bday coupon handy so I can take a printout and try it at the store tomorrow?

Tried searching the forums and received one with code EBC3044467. not sure if this is still active.
That one worked for me a week ago, so in theory it should still work. Then again I had one that expires in June and it didn't work so who knows.

bread's done
Back