Gamestop 20-40% off Pre-owned Games 4/25-4/27 (YMMV)

RienBoyle72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (100%)
I just talked with one of my local Gamestop managers and he told me about a promo this upcoming weekend.

Buy 2 used games get 20% off (30% with PUR)

Buy 4 used games get 30% off (40% with PUR)

Buy 6+ used games get 40% (50% with PUR)

The manager here said they were also doing the 50% (60% PUR) TIV bonus at this store as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this was posted already, but the deal is live on the Gamestop site: http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

The numbers are slightly different from the original post, (PUR gets extra 20%, not 30% on two used), but that might just be a regional thing. If you're a PUR member you would technically get 30% total with the automatic discount, but it doesn't look like you get an extra 30% on top of the default 10%.

Might try to pick up some XB1 games through this deal.

I can't resist lowballs lol. I hate dealing with eBay...and everywhere around me on CL over prices. I see so many listings of an SNES with Aladdin & 1 controller for $150-$170. Somebody was selling the Zelda Wind Waker HD CE for $140. Plus I like helping people out & growing my collection haha! I think I'm starting to get a reputation in the lowball forums :0

Given that this is now on Gamestop's site...

J3vZhAQ.png

...I'd say the YMMV is no longer applicable.

(The deal is still not particularly good, and the poorly-worded fine print that suggests that you have to return the games you buy within a week -- you know, instead of saying "All returns must occur withing seven days of purchase" -- is the best part about it for me.)

Apologies for the inaccuracies I was going by word of mouth and had not actually seen the add yet. It appears my original post is off by 10% each bracket! However the 50% bonus to TIV is accurate but is also ymmv.

Given that this is now on Gamestop's site...

J3vZhAQ.png

...I'd say the YMMV is no longer applicable.

(The deal is still not particularly good, and the poorly-worded fine print that suggests that you have to return the games you buy within a week -- you know, instead of saying "All returns must occur withing seven days of purchase" -- is the best part about it for me.)
It's good if you have the right mindset, and it might be even better if the b-day coupon stacks with it. Hopefully we'll have confirmation later today.

And I agree on the poor wording of that part of the fine print--it makes it sound like Gamestop wants to enter the game-rental business. :roll:

They raised all the prices of used games anywhere from $5-15 bucks!!! This isn't really a deal to brag about. A good example is...Alice Madness Returns was $19.99 a few months ago, now it's $34.99-39.99 used.

They raised all the prices of used games anywhere from $5-15 bucks!!! This isn't really a deal to brag about. A good example is...Alice Madness Returns was $19.99 a few months ago, now it's $34.99-39.99 used.
I don't remember that ever being less than $30 used--it's out-of-print, I believe, so Gamestop feels it can charge that much.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the bday coupon works with this promotion? If so, please let us know which one you used. Thanks

if you want a lot of first party nintendo games it may be a good deal, good luck finding complete original copies, especially 3ds though, I would need to visit at least 3 stores to get 6 complete copies.

I really wish game stop required the original case. I've seen people take the games out of the case and trade them in, toss the cases in a bag to hold on to, because the employee will say, we don't need the cases.........

if you want a lot of first party nintendo games it may be a good deal, good luck finding complete original copies, especially 3ds though, I would need to visit at least 3 stores to get 6 complete copies.

I really wish game stop required the original case. I've seen people take the games out of the case and trade them in, toss the cases in a bag to hold on to, because the employee will say, we don't need the cases.........
you know there was a point where gamestop.com actually guaranteed the used games you ordered to come complete...I believe it was around 2010 where they tried this out....I guess they didnt like it because it was gone in like 6 months lol...

How many times I have had Gamestop employees tell me that they have a specific game I ask for based off the inventory check on their website, only to be befuddled when I ask if it has the original case and manual.

They seemed so shocked whenever I tell them I will not be buying said game because it does not have the case and manual.

Furthermore, you can usually tell how well somebody handled their games based of the condition of the manual and original case.

I honestly was only interested to see if my store is doing the 50% trade bonus. I'll have to stop buy real quick while I'm out doing errands and see. Been waiting for a decent trade in promo that doesn't require to preorder something!

I don't remember that ever being less than $30 used--it's out-of-print, I believe, so Gamestop feels it can charge that much.
I agree. I've rarely seen Alice in almost any gamestop I've been in and it's always been $30+. Same goes with the old NFS Most Wanted.

Hm, if the birthday coupon stacks, that would make Titanfall $27. Hopefully my store has the 50% bonus so I could trade a couple things in to break even. Thanks for the heads up guys!

They seemed so shocked whenever I tell them I will not be buying said game because it does not have the case and manual.

Furthermore, you can usually tell how well somebody handled their games based of the condition of the manual and original case.
I hate to break the news to you, but when you pick up a case and manual, the disc they put in is not necessarily the one that was in that case originally. They aren't matching them up. There's a decent chance that the disc they give you is from the case and manual that was dropped in the toilet. ;)

I hate to break the news to you, but when you pick up a case and manual, the disc they put in is not necessarily the one that was in that case originally. They aren't matching them up. There's a decent chance that the disc they give you is from the case and manual that was dropped in the toilet. ;)
Hahaha this. I cant recall how many times I've searched thru multiple used copies of a game for the best looking case just to get an ass condition disk, or a ripped/grimy case and get LN disk lol.

I just got back from the store. As I expected, it's actually 37% off (30% off the base price, plus 10% off the remainder).

So how is this deal working today? Have to buy games of the same value and does the bday coupon stack?
IMO the best way to take advantage of this sale is to get one relatively new (or one older higher priced item) in the $30-40 range, and combine it with five $0.99 filler games (or any Link's Crossbow Training copies behind the counter, if there are any left) to take 30%/40% off that one game. There are also some used PS2 games for $0.02, but I'm sure most of those are gone by now, but would make for more excellent filler if you can find them.

You could buy a few equally priced games, but by that point you would be better off waiting for a B2G1 (less to buy in one trip). On anything below $20, again, B2G1 would be a better deal, and if you do go for one $20 game plus five filler games, the savings is not as significant.

I don't know if the Bday coupon stacks or not, but it would be a good time to use a PUR coupon code on that one higher priced item (as I believe it would take it off after the discount, but not 100% sure on this).

IMO the best way to take advantage of this sale is to get one relatively new (or one older higher priced item) in the $30-40 range, and combine it with five $0.99 filler games (or any Link's Crossbow Training copies behind the counter, if there are any left) to take 30%/40% off that one game. There are also some used PS2 games for $0.02, but I'm sure most of those are gone by now, but would make for more excellent filler if you can find them.

You could buy a few equally priced games, but by that point you would be better off waiting or a B2G1. On anything below $20, again, B2G1 would be a better deal, and if you do go for one $20 game plus five filler games, the savings is not as significant.

I don't know if the Bday coupon stacks or not, but it would be a good time to use a PUR coupon code on that one higher priced item (as I believe it would take it off after the discount, but not 100% sure on this).
So you can buy $.99 filler games and still get the higher tier discount? I thought I read that you couldn't...guess that was wrong!

That's why I always ask to see all the copies they have for a game before buying it as well, haha.

Hmm, I thought people were eager to try the Bday coupon on this deal making it even more sweet!

Still didn't see any confirmation that the Bday coupon stacked with with deal.

Hmm, I thought people were eager to try the Bday coupon on this deal making it even more sweet!

Still didn't see any confirmation that the Bday coupon stacked with with deal.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326128-gamestop-tivpromo-thread-xxiv-30-extra-toward-select-games-3040-for-titanfallinfamous-second-son-more/?p=11714391

In the GS TIV thread. Look at his receipt. $11 off is 20% of $55, so it looks like it works fine. Now, whether or not all currently active bday coupons will work is a different story.

Has anyone been able to do this with PS2 games thrown into the mix? I'm curious as to whether the 75% off promo would mess things up.

Getting Hot Shots Golf: World Tour, Beautiful Katamari and Ridge Racer 6 + 4 Gears of Wars 2 for $30. Been wanting these for a while but $20 for games that came out years ago, no. Great sale!

EDIT: It charged me for shipping though I applied SAVER. Anyway to dispute it to get free shipping.

Got a nice haul:

Silent hill downpour
Gears of war 3
Assassins creed vita
Crash for psp
Dark sould ps3
And a 99 cent old sports game as filler

I'll probably return the sports game and assassins creed.

Yes they did in at least some categories. The Wii U games I was looking at are all $10+ more expensive.
Had those games perhaps been on sale at the time? Even if some of the prices went up recently, that doesn't automatically make it some Gamestop conspiracy to screw people over. Or maybe it IS a conspiracy. Or maybe you're remembering incorrectly. Perhaps it's some combination of all of the above.

Hm, if the birthday coupon stacks, that would make Titanfall $27. Hopefully my store has the 50% bonus so I could trade a couple things in to break even. Thanks for the heads up guys!
The Birthday Coupon does stack. Makes the birthday game right at 50% off. I got Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection was $44.99 before any discounts....came out to$22.67 after Birthday,40% (Buy 6 games) and the PUR 10%.

Damn, forgot about b-day stacking on my online order. Could have saved a few more bucks on the 6 games I ordered. Might cancel and order in store since my local store doesn't have all the games I want.

Gamestop did email me saying they are refunding my shipping charge though.

Does b-day take off the highest priced game?

Hahaha this. I cant recall how many times I've searched thru multiple used copies of a game for the best looking case just to get an ass condition disk, or a ripped/grimy case and get LN disk lol.
I hate when I picked out a good looking case off the shelf then at checkout they try to switch it with a generic one.

Damn, forgot about b-day stacking on my online order. Could have saved a few more bucks on the 6 games I ordered. Might cancel and order in store since my local store doesn't have all the games I want.

Gamestop did email me saying they are refunding my shipping charge though.

Does b-day take off the highest priced game?
Bday takes off the first game listed if I'm not mistaken

I got a used copy of MGS Ground Zeroes for PS4 with 5 other 99 cent games and the birthday coupon DID stack. The breakdown on the receipt shows like this:

MGS Ground Zeroes - 14.10
Disc: 5.60 Promo #15950
Disc: 6.72 Promo #16053
Disc: 1.57 Powerup Card 10%

On the above list, #15950 appears to be the birthday coupon and #16053 appears to be the 30% off promo.

bread's done
Back