Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 Free Preowned (Pro members only, NOT THE RENEWAL COUPON!) 8/30-9-2

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
This looks to be a coupon all Power up rewards *PRO* members will receive some time in the next few days. It will be valid from 8-30 to 9-2. To be clear you WILL nee to be a PRO member to receive this, this is not the coupon for renewing, merely a coupon going out to ALL pro members, and will be good for the small time period.

It is mentioned in the "Xtra Points" section of the poweruprewards.com website, and a survey can be done regarding your interest in it, although it is not mandatory from what I can tell.

Don't think it'll work like that. In my experience the birthday coupon works on the highest price game as you listed only if it's automatic at the register. If there's an EBC code, birthday applies first and makes the game it works on the lowest price, then B2G1 kicks in and zeroes it out. Since this deal is an employee-entered EBC it'll probably act just like the PUR signup and nullify the BDay.

If you want to use BDay, try Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and a couple copies of Dead Island Riptide. That'll take WD down to $28 before PUR while the DI:R's are $28, too. With PUR and BDay on WD they're all $25.2 and a set of three will trade back to Best Buy for $79.8. With your 8.25% sales tax, that'll be $25.25 in profit. Better than your idea, and a better margin, too.
Good advice! I was trying to do 3 new release games to transfer some credit to best buy, but no store had 3 in one location and I'm not trying to drive all around. This will work great, though.

Would someone be kind enough to PM me the birthday coupon?

Hey I'm not trying to flip so I'm not looking to save maximum amount or anything.  But I would still like to get the most out of this deal.  I've been looking few pages back and I'm hearing some people saying that the Bday coupon applies on the most cheapest game versus the most expensive.  I'm looking to purchases 2 games that are 37 (Hitman HD/Dragon's Dogma DA) dollars and 1 game that is $55 (DW8).  I'm hearing things like EBC code ( have no idea what that is) and I'm a bit confused.  Will the Bday coupon discount my $55 dollar game?  I know it was like that long time ago but not sure if they have changed it.

Hey I'm not trying to flip so I'm not looking to save maximum amount or anything. But I would still like to get the most out of this deal. I've been looking few pages back and I'm hearing some people saying that the Bday coupon applies on the most cheapest game versus the most expensive. I'm looking to purchases 2 games that are 37 (Hitman HD/Dragon's Dogma DA) dollars and 1 game that is $55 (DW8). I'm hearing things like EBC code ( have no idea what that is) and I'm a bit confused. Will the Bday coupon discount my $55 dollar game? I know it was like that long time ago but not sure if they have changed it.
Yes, your $55 game would get the discount and you'd still get one of the $37 ones free. Bday coupon is only pointless when all games are the same price.

And you should always be trying to save the maximum amount, flipping or not ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, your $55 game would get the discount and you'd still get one of the $37 ones free. Bday coupon is only pointless when all games are the same price.

And you should always be trying to save the maximum amount, flipping or not ;)
Ah, thanks for the clarification. If my $55 game gets the Bday coupon applied, I think I'll be getting a sweet deal. Hopefully there won't be much problem. I'm going to a gamestop where they wouldn't take my $5 coupon with the previous deal :cry:

Edit: I just noticed my saved Bday coupon has expired.. Can someone pm me/link me to a working Bday code? Thanks!

This is not 1 per card. I went to 3 stores and used the "coupon" 5 times between them. They have the coupon at the register and they scan it to activate the deal. I didn't have to do anything except have a PRO card and ask for the deal.

I bought a Skyward Sword Limited Edition Wii remote from a gamestop earlier this week, went in to a nearby GS, returned it, and got Smash bros Brawl and Magna Carta 2 to bundle with it.

I did pretty good today I think...
Went and return and rebuy My 3 Madden 25 then I picked up Ncaa14 ps3, last of us, and Ncaa14 360 then went across street to other GS and bought last of us, ncaa14 360, splinter cell blacklist and then went next door to Best Buy and got $406.35 for those 9 games after only spending $300 at GS. Know for the hard part of transferring that credit back to GS. All of that for only 74 hours of my time

Hey I'm not trying to flip so I'm not looking to save maximum amount or anything. But I would still like to get the most out of this deal. I've been looking few pages back and I'm hearing some people saying that the Bday coupon applies on the most cheapest game versus the most expensive. I'm looking to purchases 2 games that are 37 (Hitman HD/Dragon's Dogma DA) dollars and 1 game that is $55 (DW8). I'm hearing things like EBC code ( have no idea what that is) and I'm a bit confused. Will the Bday coupon discount my $55 dollar game? I know it was like that long time ago but not sure if they have changed it.
DW8 is awesome by the way. I've put a lot of time into Ambition mode and the story mode is pretty good this time around.

Have to go return/rebuy to get a game I actually wanted at another GS. The website said they had the game, but apparently the store lost the disc. Good thing the next one is only 10 minutes away.

Went and return and rebuy My 3 Madden 25 then I picked up Ncaa14 ps3, last of us, and Ncaa14 360 then went across street to other GS and bought last of us, ncaa14 360, splinter cell blacklist and then went next door to Best Buy and got $406.35 for those 9 games after only spending $300 at GS. Know for the hard part of transferring that credit back to GS. All of that for only 15 minutes of my time
stop trolling

stop trolling
Did you have a bad day? Do you want to know the addresses? Do you want to go to Google maps and look at one GS then turn it around and see another GS then from that location look across the street and see Best Buy? Around 15 minutes it took to do everything, so please explain to me how im trolling because I have a 3 stores in one area.

Went and return and rebuy My 3 Madden 25 then I picked up Ncaa14 ps3, last of us, and Ncaa14 360 then went across street to other GS and bought last of us, ncaa14 360, splinter cell blacklist and then went next door to Best Buy and got $406.35 for those 9 games after only spending $300 at GS. Know for the hard part of transferring that credit back to GS. All of that for only 15 minutes of my time
Apart from reading the longest sentence in my entire life, I think the 15 minutes of time is what sticks out the most.

Grabbed two copies of ncaa, last of us, and saints row 4. Burned the last 200 of my credit doing so. Took everything but one sr4 to BB and got 220 in credit. I've got 300 down towards my ps4.

@funkmonker how much did bby give for payday 2 with the 100% and 10%

Last edited:
All PS3

Dragon Age 2 

Last Rebellion

FF13

All complete but Last Rebellion has a cracked case, whatevs.

Also put down my preorder for :3ds: Adventure Time 2 CE

Not bad for $20

The cheapest will be free so yes the BDAY coupon is wasted here. You completely dont understand. The most expensive game has to be 20% more than the others for an effective use of the BDAY coupon.
...or it will make the most expensive game free and you will pay the two lower prices. Some people don't think of that.

Did anyone else have problems using the bday coupon and the B2G1 for Pro?  This is my first time using the coupon that supposedly expires in Sept.  The guy scanned the coupon and the register pulled up an error.  He thought I couldn't combine so he calls manager over.  The manager looked a bit confused at the msg, the store was busy, so he did some quick typing on the register to manipulate the transaction.  When I got home, I looked over the receipt and realized I got all 3 games for cheaper than I should have.

I guess that's a sign I should lay off the coupons?  Lol.

ok fine, let me kick it up a notch.  I will trade a playcation coupon for the bday coupon. pm please

Did anyone else have problems using the bday coupon and the B2G1 for Pro? This is my first time using the coupon that supposedly expires in Sept. The guy scanned the coupon and the register pulled up an error. He thought I couldn't combine so he calls manager over. The manager looked a bit confused at the msg, the store was busy, so he did some quick typing on the register to manipulate the transaction. When I got home, I looked over the receipt and realized I got all 3 games for cheaper than I should have.

I guess that's a sign I should lay off the coupons? Lol.
The coupon shouldn't work and if it does, the discounted game is generally the free one. So if you had 3 $50 titles you'd still pay $100 after the coupon. Unless you are trying to make the most expensive game cheaper assuming they weren't the same price. Then I'm not sure how they'd do it.

I'll see if I can't do some trade-ins then. Gamestop hasn't had the PS4 available in forever and I'm starting to hate them anyway. Hopefully can move my credit over.

well the Amazon credit had to come from somewhere originally, even if he flipped games to Gamestop to get said credit, those games he flipped weren't free i'm assuming.

I'm not hating, just genuinely curious how it all works.
Originally sure. But as of late anywhere I trade has Amazon credit. Gamestop and Bestbuy both sell it, I also trade directly to Amazon. And I dont "invest" in flipping. I just trade in games I originally bought to play or I have existing credit I can use. Maybe others do it differently.

Oh I'm such an idiot, I forgot to make them give me my 10% bonus at BBY...

How would you be profiting $60?

I wish there were three games I wanted.
Well when you trade nine games at $42 a piece that you paid $35 each for...

But don't you buy games directly from amazon and flip them to gamestop? you had to have cash somewhere along the line to start the process right?
Well maybe at some point in time. My starting credit came from trading games so of course but that point is long past. I sent all my Xbox games that were worthless most places to Amazon a while back when they had a random spike.

Any confirmation on 1 offer per PUR card or?
:rofl:

Oh, if anyone was curious today I got:

:ps3:

Splinter Cell Blacklist

The Last of Us x2

NCAA 14 x2

Dynasty Warriors 8

Tales of Xillia

:360:

NCAA 14 x2

Oh, if anyone was curious today I got:

:ps3:
Splinter Cell Blacklist
The Last of Us x2
NCAA 14 x2
Dynasty Warriors 8
Tales of Xillia

:360:
NCAA 14 x2
nice! are you taking them to Best Buy or going to trade them back into Gamestop? We almost had the same haul lol

I thought you had Xillia.

What do you think I can do with The Last of Us and NCAA 14? I don't want to return them, but I won't keep them either.

That's a lot to invest for a 33% return..... The better deal is blockbuster buy skyward sword and Kirby for $30 total, trade in at GameStop for $52 ..... About a 90% return

nice! are you taking them to Best Buy or going to trade them back into Gamestop? We almost had the same haul lol
I already took them to BBY.

I thought you had Xillia.

What do you think I can do with The Last of Us and NCAA 14? I don't want to return them, but I won't keep them either.
I do but I thought that the local BBY really needed a copy so that when some poor kid with store credit came in looking for it they could enjoy it.

If you don't have someone else with an ID they might approve of then your next best bet is a playcation coupon back to GS. Won't make more than a couple dollars on them but won't lose any more at least. If TLoU has a good online pass you might get a few dollars from selling that on it's own. eBay might get you a little more but you'll probably end up with about $5 in fees and about the same as just trading it back or returning it.

That's a lot to invest for a 33% return..... The better deal is blockbuster buy skyward sword and Kirby for $30 total, trade in at GameStop for $52 ..... About a 90% return

If only I had the cash money to participate in these Blockbuster sales.

No, I do flipping myself. I've actually meet a couple of CAG members and Slickdeal members who do the same and I let them trade in whatever they want no matter how many they got.
Do they saw they're from CAG/SD or you can kinda tell. CAG brings in like 2 copies of a flip game, SD brings in 12 etc

Did you have a bad day? Do you want to know the addresses? Do you want to go to Google maps and look at one GS then turn it around and see another GS then from that location look across the street and see Best Buy? Around 15 minutes it took to do everything, so please explain to me how im trolling because I have a 3 stores in one area.
I find 15 minutes very hard to believe even if the 2 GS are in a mall and BB in the same area. The fastest tradein at BB I recall was less than 2-3 minutes with a CSR (one game though). The person you got at BB must have known how to do tradeins AND didn't give a shit that you were trading in multiple copies of recent games with high values. Most of the time it takes a while to checkout at GS as there are dumbass workers, or worse dumbass customers in line. Also did you get the 3 Maddens at one of those GSs? Crazy if so

anyway I went around earlier to pick up some games for the 3|$10 promo. I got 3 sets at different stores and each time the cashier scanned the b2g1 code despite them KNOWING this was the 3|$10 as I had shown them the flyer so they could search for the title. hope to find some good GS credit makers.

not really BB is having B2G1 this upcoming week so its all going back + more. It's a good deal but that would involve spending money out of my pocket, GS to BB or BB to GS is all credit nothing spent

bread's done
Back