Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
47KYX51RD - 10% off an order of $75 or more

According to the website this code is for: Coupon:47KYX51RD - Free Value Shipping on your order. Minimum cart value must be $25.00

Not a discount on an order.

Also appears code "SIXFIVE" is no longer valid. Tried with SC2 collectors edition in cart as well as Assassin's Creed 2 in cart. Doesn't work with either.

Yet another edit: I tried applying my edge card discount, where you put the card number on the yellow sticker into the discount/edge card box and it does nothing. I've only tried this with the SC2 CE as it was what I was originally after but it doesn't add any discount. Pretty lame.

[quote name='hustletron']47KYX51RD - 10% off an order of $75 or more

According to the website this code is for: Coupon:47KYX51RD - Free Value Shipping on your order. Minimum cart value must be $25.00

Not a discount on an order.

Also appears code "SIXFIVE" is no longer valid. Tried with SC2 collectors edition in cart as well as Assassin's Creed 2 in cart. Doesn't work with either.

Yet another edit: I tried applying my edge card discount, where you put the card number on the yellow sticker into the discount/edge card box and it does nothing. I've only tried this with the SC2 CE as it was what I was originally after but it doesn't add any discount. Pretty lame.[/QUOTE]
Edge discount is used only. If you get it to give SC2 CE as used, I'd be pretty impressed!

[quote name='bigwightdog']Edge discount is used only. If you get it to give SC2 CE as used, I'd be pretty impressed![/QUOTE]

Ahhh that's right I forgot, DAMN! They are being real deal nazis about the SC2 CE, nothing works but the free over night shipping, but I can just go to the store and buy it myself. Hell I have a trade in and store credit right now too.

Or I can just go to a target and buy it, I was hoping for a deal ;(

[quote name='TehTriggerman']FREESHIP

**Coupon FREESHIP - Free overnight shipping on your order. Total order value must be over $50. Not applicable on systems.**

I got one.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't get this to work with my Halo: Reach pre-order this evening. Probably valid only on in-stock items.

[quote name='d4rk']
  • SAVER - Free value (ground?) shipping on orders $25 or more.[/QUOTE]
its not really ground shipping. i just ordered a game rite now and they shipped it with first class mail with USPS.
back in may when i ordered three games in one order, they came with UPS.

LUCKY7 - $7 off and free ground shipping on any title $39.99 or more.

Useless.

It's also good that this thread isn't getting stickied. When we discover a glitch, it's best that it doesn't look like CAG is directly condoning it. :3

Great list! I just ordered stuff from GS.com and my used game was in great condition with box and instructions. My new game sealed.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']LUCKY7 - $7 off and free ground shipping on any title $39.99 or more.

Useless.

It's also good that this thread isn't getting stickied. When we discover a glitch, it's best that it doesn't look like CAG is directly condoning it. :3[/QUOTE]

Maybe not as good as gs20 as it doesn't scale, but still far from useless.
I just ordered Bad Company 2 and Blazblue CS with this; with $40 games it's roughly 20%, and free ground shipping is always nice. Especially if you live as far away from Kentucky as I am in Boston, where saver shipping takes two weeks.

a warning to all.

the "20from80" code is set to expire on 7/31/2010 at 11:59pm

the good news:

it works on the power sale games...awesome!

got -

darksiders for ps3 and xbox360
dark void for ps3 and xbox 360
call of duty world at war wii
marvel ultimate alliance 2 psp

plus free shipping for 69 bucks before tax...not too shabby

Since I ordered online, they're set to be sealed, not gutted, right?

[quote name='seanr1221']I'll be sad to see 25USED go.[/QUOTE]

Eh, never wanted to order online with GS. I like my manual and case.

Either way, it looks like SIXFIVE is DOA, as said above. Just tried it myself.

20from80 was a nice deal. Used my gift card and picked up Fallout 3:GOTY and DJ Hero, plus a pre-order for TDU2.

[quote name='Blazncheetah']Here's a code:
20PCACC for 20% off PC accessories
Here's a link to PC accessories:
http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=140+88
I personally don't buy PC accessories from GS but it seems they count gamecards for WoW as accessories so it might be worthwhile to somebody[/QUOTE]

"Coupon 20PCACC - 20% off ALL PC Accessories. Valid on new accessories only, excludes time cards. Other restrictions may apply. Expires August 2, 2010."
Sorry, no go on WoW time cards.

Any clues on what would be replacing "25USED"? I don't have enough credit to buy what I want before it expires...

[quote name='piercey']Eh, never wanted to order online with GS. I like my manual and case.

Either way, it looks like SIXFIVE is DOA, as said above. Just tried it myself.

20from80 was a nice deal. Used my gift card and picked up Fallout 3:GOTY and DJ Hero, plus a pre-order for TDU2.[/QUOTE]

Just exchange in store if you want the case.

Do any of these % or $ off coupons stack with pre-order coupons (I mean the ones from pre-orders we received)? I've got a couple $10 pre-order coupons to spend.

[quote name='piercey']Eh, never wanted to order online with GS. I like my manual and case.
[/QUOTE]

I have to agree here and I will always exchange a caseless game from GS.com for a case in store.
Fortunately I have a LOT of Gamestop B&M near me.

I recently found a copy of Klonoa 2 :ps2: at a local GameStop without a manual or instructions.
I debated and debated whether to pay the $4.99 for just the disc.
(Yes I am aware it's available on ebay, I don't have store credit there)

In the end I did buy it for under $5 with tax using my Edge Card discount.
Then I went to http://www.cdcovers.cc/ and printed out a case insert for it.
I have to say, it looks pretty damned good.

For all those that want nice shiny box art for a game that you'll probably never find complete.
I highly recommend printing out your own inserts!

Great thread, I was looking for something exactly like this.
I think SIXFIVE and 20from80 are now dead on gamestop.com

Edit: Looks like 47KYX51RD expired on 7/31 as well.

[quote name='steve967']FREESHIP doesn't seem to be working.[/QUOTE]

yeah damn, i had halo reach and freeship code in my cart last night, today the code was gone and doesnt work anymore. Right when i get some GS credit too. :( Really sucks.

This is the daily deal.

Coupon 10FGS10
- 10% off & free ground shipping on titles $29.99 or more. Not valid on consoles, Special Editions, gift cards or time cards. Other restrictions may apply. Expires August 4, 2010.

On the site it says "Add any in-stock titles $29.99 or more to your cart." But i added this code to halo reach and it took off 6 dollars.

I pre ordered Halo reach, Black ops, and ghost of sparta in 3 different orders with this code. Saving 16 dollars total.

GUYNOIRE?

Is that seriously a Garrison Keillor reference in a GS.com promo code?

...This may constitute an epic win, but the very idea makes my mind hurt too much to be sure.

Just a note guys, I was trying to use the free shipping code included in today's DoTW email, but the one they gave me (FREESHIP83) didn't work. I reviewed the email and entered SHIP83 instead and it worked, got halo reach preordered with free overnight shipping. I hope that helps!

Why isn't anyone keeping the code listing up to date?
That GUYNOIRE ish is old. The new one is 10FGS10 for 10% off and FS 29.99+.

Can some one please figure out the new used game code a la 25USED? -I'm dying here.

Has anyone ordered Batman AA 3D version used? I'm curious if you got the glasses with it.

Thanks. Hope everyone uses Mr. Rebates to get 3% back on their GS purchases! Sometimes they jack it up to 5%!

Coupon 10FGS10 - 10% off & free ground shipping on titles $29.99 or more. Not valid on consoles, Special Editions, gift cards or time cards. Other restrictions may apply. Expires August 4, 2010.
Thanks ordered StarCraft II and got 6.00 off! And todays the 4th so just in time!
Hope this thread gets updated some more!

Coupon Code: SHIP50

Free Overnight Shipping on $50+ Used Game Order

Expires: 08/31/2010

Gamestop News email yesterday.

Free Overnight Shipping on all titles in the email.

Coupon Code: FREESHIP83

Halo Reach
Madden 2011
NBA Elite
Call of Duty Black Ops
Valkyria Chronicles II
Kane&Lynch 2 Dog Days
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Coupon Expires 8/7/2010 at midnight cst.

I want to preorder Ys Seven LE.
Anybody successful with codes for a discount and free shipping?
I've tried "saver" which is not giving me the free shipping. I also tried "hand20" which said it is not for limited editions.

-update-
SAVER works if it does not go to a PO Box, which does not make any sense to me since they are going to mail it anyways. So I have resolved the issue with free shipping. But HAND20 is for instock only, so it doesn't seem to work for preorders (I tried the regular Ys Seven).

Anybody know of codes working to give a discount on the price?

wow, gamestop keeps pissing me off. now they canceled 3 of my orders in the last day. They canceled my double pack I used 10% off on, and now they canceled my 2 preorders of sly and black ops that I used lucky 7 on. grrrr.

[quote name='Velo214']wow, gamestop keeps pissing me off. now they canceled 3 of my orders in the last day. They canceled my double pack I used 10% off on, and now they canceled my 2 preorders of sly and black ops that I used lucky 7 on. grrrr.[/QUOTE]

Wow i hope they dont cancel my halo reach with the 10FGS10 code. I dont think it was meant for pre orders. I ordered it on the 3rd.

[quote name='Vader582']Shhhh...
coupon code PLAY15 is working on PS3 preorders, LBP2 CE/GT5 CE included.
[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks for a actual decent code for gamestop.

[quote name='starmask2k3']TEBOW is not working with NCAA 11[/QUOTE]

That's because it was a Daily Deal. Not sure why it was put in the general list.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks, got it for 73.94 total including tax. Make sure you use SAVER for the free shippnig as well.

[/QUOTE]

lol that code also worked with that MOVE Sports Champions Bundle took $15 off

bread's done
Back