Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='petersa1d']Wow thanks for a actual decent code for gamestop.[/QUOTE]

You must have missed the $20 off of $80 code that was active last month. And there was the $25 off $100 that worked before that one. :/

ok, so every order i make is being canceled. iv been using code play14. anyone else getting orders canceled. i understand cabela's double pack is a special deal and i preorders could be excluded, but anyone else getting all canceled?

[quote name='Velo214']ok, so every order i make is being canceled. iv been using code play14. anyone else getting orders canceled. i understand cabela's double pack is a special deal and i preorders could be excluded, but anyone else getting all canceled?[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you have been put on Gamestop's banned list. They do that sometimes and their system will just automatically cancel any order you place. Have you tried and succeeded in exploiting some generous deals from them recently? That always seems to trigger the ban.

nice, used the overnight code for Reach so i can get all the GS swag and not have to wait for it to get here since you only get the $20 coupon if they ship it, no local pickup

[quote name='Velo214']they turned off the 15% code. and canceled my cod black ops and sly collection again. omg. lol[/QUOTE]

Wait a few weeks. Like till the end of the month before making another order. You most likely reached your quota
$1000 in a 3 month span
and need to wait until you can spend dinero again.

crap i used a daily deal of 10% off any game in stock

Got 3 bucks knocked of monster rancher

shold of used HAND20 got 6 knocked off... lost 3 bucks :(

could make another order and do a buy and return but dont know if its worth it .

Anyone know which codes will stack with hardware.
I got a coupon from Gamestop for $20(email) and was looking to get a 250gig HD for xbox

yeah, i should have made the orders on my bf's email and diff. address but by the time i did that the code was turned off, grrrr.

is this the banned email? or did i actually mess up some verification? thanx

'
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We sincerely apologize, however in regards to your recently placed order we have run into an issue; as it seems that our verification server is unable to accept your information.

We encourage you for future purchases, to consider shopping at your local GameStop, as they do not have the same verification server as we do online.

If you need the address, phone number or operation hours for a local store, please feel free to use the Store Locator option on our web page at http://www.gamestop.com/StoreLocator.aspx .

Our website is setup to allow almost all orders to be placed but once this is done the order goes through a rigorous verification process to prevent potential fraud and most importantly protect our online customers.

Best Regards,
Tim
Customer Service Agent '

[quote name='Velo214']is this the banned email? or did i actually mess up some verification? thanx[/QUOTE]
You:

Dear Tim,

fuck you, Tim.

Sincerely,

:bomb:

[quote name='g-man']play15 -15% off in stock PS3 games

This one isn't working for me.[/QUOTE]
It was a 24 hour code that expired on Friday.

[quote name='Velo214']Dear Customer,

We sincerely apologize, however in regards to your recently placed order we have run into an issue; as it seems that our verification server is unable to accept your information.

We encourage you for future purchases, to consider shopping at your local GameStop, as they do not have the same verification server as we do online. [/QUOTE]

I'd be worried if they did have a similar verification server. "Ooh, this ten-dollar bill seems to have originated from Velo214. I'm afraid we can't take this."

[quote name='Velo214']is this the banned email? or did i actually mess up some verification? thanx

'
Dear Customer,

We encourage you for future purchases, to consider shopping at your local GameStop, as they do not have the same verification server as we do online.

If you need the address, phone number or operation hours for a local store, please feel free to use the Store Locator option on our web page at http://www.gamestop.com/StoreLocator.aspx .

Our website is setup to allow almost all orders to be placed but once this is done the order goes through a rigorous verification process to prevent potential fraud and most importantly protect our online customers.

Best Regards,
Tim
Customer Service Agent '[/QUOTE]

Ive gotten that email before. I called and was told if you order (preorders & canceled orders count) 1000 dollars of stuff in 120 days thats their limit. Waited another 30 days placed an order and it went through.

[quote name='rjbooth']Ive gotten that email before. I called and was told if you order (preorders & canceled orders count) 1000 dollars of stuff in 120 days thats their limit. Waited another 30 days placed an order and it went through.[/QUOTE]
Their B&Ms need love too.

Didn't see the new Daily Deal Code posted yet.

DEAL15 - Buy any 2 in-stock games priced $49.99 or more each and save 15% on each title!

This offer is available online only while supplies last. Valid only on orders shipping within the continental US. Excludes hard drives, points cards and wireless network adaptors. Expires 08/09/10 at 11 am CST.

ok what am I doing wrong with the freeship83 code? been trying for a couple days with reach thinking maybe their website was having problems. occassionally when using the code, i can get it to show up as free overnight shipping, but throughout the checkout it either dissapears or doesnt apply, overnight shipping turns out as 11 bucks. i also tried ship83 and freeship, both of them show up as nothing (no code, no error). I also tried this with black ops to test it out, and same result. I also thought that it must be expired but i heard of someone using it just a couple days ago, when i tried it first.

Any idea?

Question about coupon code cag16 I want to go into GS and see if I can get $5 back from a pre order to use online with that code. I wonder is there anyway to see If I can just walk inthe store and somehow order it through them using the code? Or will they not do that

[quote name='moop2001']it sucks that cag16 doesn't stack with edge card[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain it does. It just needs to be used on used games.

Did they change the SAVER code? It's telling me it'll give me free shipping on orders of $75 or more which is a far cry from the $25 or more I'm used to.

Used the CAG16 and he SAVER on Gamestop for a used Fallout 3 Game of the year edition (34.99), the total came to $29.36, got an error saying that I couldn't use the saver code unless total order in the basket was $25, clearly mine was

Buy 1 new or used in-stock game get 1 40% off!
(Not valid on copies of Madden NFL 11, systems, accessories, limited or collector's editions.)

Enter coupon code SAVE40 into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page.

[quote name='walterj13']Buy 1 new or used in-stock game get 1 40% off!
(Not valid on copies of Madden NFL 11, systems, accessories, limited or collector's editions.)

Enter coupon code SAVE40 into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, thinking what two titles might try this on to maximize effect...

Shocked gamestop made this coupon way too easy to abuse it

Add a higher price game... add the lower price game you want and get 40% off

Return the higher price game get 40% off one game

[quote name='slidecage']Shocked gamestop made this coupon way too easy to abuse it

Return the higher price game get 40% off one game[/QUOTE]

When you get the shipping receipt it'll discount both games im sure, so people cant abuse this deal.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']When you get the shipping receipt it'll discount both games im sure, so people cant abuse this deal.[/QUOTE]
I think you are wrong about this. I expected this as well, but when looking at the order history page it applies the discount to only the second game. Getting Toy Story 3 for 18.XX seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

[quote name='slidecage']Shocked gamestop made this coupon way too easy to abuse it

Return the higher price game get 40% off one game[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was definitely my thought process too.

Too bad I can't find a single game I want to buy at 40% off.

[quote name='piranaski']Used the CAG16 and he SAVER on Gamestop for a used Fallout 3 Game of the year edition (34.99), the total came to $29.36, got an error saying that I couldn't use the saver code unless total order in the basket was $25, clearly mine was[/QUOTE]

Might be expired. But it shouldn't be anyways, updated with new section :applause:

Has anyone noticed since GS added the SAVE40 coupon, the used prices have jumped back to the height of lameness? Most are $54.99. How dissapointing...and what ever happened to POWER HOUR? Well CAG's, it's off to goHastings with the 20% off coupon, and who's prices are way better. Just Cause 2 is $54.99 at GS whereas at goH it's like $27.50-20%.

[quote name='technics1200']Has anyone noticed since GS added the SAVE40 coupon, the used prices have jumped back to the height of lameness? Most are $54.99. How dissapointing...and what ever happened to POWER HOUR? Well CAG's, it's off to goHastings with the 20% off coupon, and who's prices are way better. Just Cause 2 is $54.99 at GS whereas at goH it's like $27.50-20%.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a bunch of games in my Wish List I've been watching to go down to pick up, and they ALL JUST WENT UP. You are not imagining things. They're pretty much off my list now!

[quote name='icqpimp']I just wanna say "lovely name"[/QUOTE]

Yea man Turntablists, unite! Your name is dope too. On that ICQ hustle!

[quote name='thepizano']hand2o doesn't seem to work with mgs peace walker.... :([/quote]

hand20 is dead

been nice to got

YS 7 limited for 40

ACC25 - 25% off in-stock accessories. Not valid on consoles, console bundles, Special Editions, or gift cards. Other restrictions may apply. Expires August 19, 2010.
Just seen this, not sure how much longer it will be up. Really wanted to use this on a halo reach controller but they are sold out. Still i could get a black controller with charger for 49 dollars instead of 65. Not bad.

[quote name='PublikDefender']is save40 dead? it is not working for me[/QUOTE]

It's still listed on their front page, and the link still works.

i'm not getting an invalid code message, it just doesn't take any money off. I've tried both 2 used games and 2 new games to test.

bread's done
Back