Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody think of a combo for me that stacks with EDGE. I want to buy Crackdown 2 and War for Cybertron. Hopefully as Cheap Ass Possible.

Thanks.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Can anybody think of a combo for me that stacks with EDGE. I want to buy Crackdown 2 and War for Cybertron. Hopefully as Cheap Ass Possible.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Save40 stacks with Edge, but only gets the pair used down to 76.48.

In the latest email from gamestop, they've got this code 15PAST for "15% off any previously released, in-stock version of the titles in this email"

Pretty odd code. Games in the email:
Fallout New Vegas
Rock Band 3
Halo Reach
Call of Duty Black Ops
Elemental War of Magic
Dead Rising 2
Ace Combat Joint Assault
FIFA Soccer 11
Metroid Other M
ARMA II Download

At least one of those games, Elemental, doesn't have a previous version. Says Online only.

Any restrictions to 25SAVINGS. I know it stacks with EDGE Card. I am still trying to get Crackdown 2 and War for Cybertron. So far I have the total to about $75 Shipped. I would like to use a $10 Off coupon I have from a previous promotion due to it expiring August 31, 2010. So any ideas or anything else I could stack on to this to make it as Cheap Ass possable. Thanks.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']ACC40 - 40% off in-stock accessory with pre-order of select games.

Here is the list of games that work for the code

I've already got a pre-order in for AC:B, but I imagine they won't let me add this to it since it's an online code. No given expiration date.[/QUOTE]

It takes $52 off the new xbox 250gb hard drive. Too bad it can't be used on pre-orders. I would have went for that rock band 3 guitar.

Gives me a good excuse to replace my broken PS2 controller.

Is there anything on there that with the coupon brings it into must-have territory?

OMG!!! i found a glitch on gamestop using the ACC40 code, simply put a game (i choose brotherhood) and then add any accessory you want,. enter coupon code and see that it takes off the percent after that remove the pre order game and the code should stay on the accessory!! now just go through check out and at the end page you should see the discount... it took me two tries to get the coupon to stick once beacuse i wasnt logged in... heres my proof

$54.99
ACC40 - 40% off accessories with pre-order of select titles. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, or time/points cards. Online Only. Other restrictions may apply. Expires August 27, 2010. - PS3 DualShock 3 Wireless Controller Silver
- $22.00
Sub-Total: $32.99
Handling: $2.99
SAVER - Free Value Shipping on your order.
- $2.99
Estimated Tax: $2.06
Order Total: $35.05

update: seems it only works on in stock items, doesnt work on pre orders like the move or navigation controller..

I somehow bugged the acc40 code to copy whatever coupon was above it on my list. It originally read the same thing as 25savings (and gave me the additional 25% off), but I noticed it as I was loading a new page to look at other xbox 360 games. When I returned to my cart, it had taken on the value of SAVER. A shame, I could've really used two 25%'s off and my EDGE discount.

[quote name='medetron']OMG!!! i found a glitch on gamestop using the ACC40 code, simply put a game (i choose brotherhood) and then add any accessory you want,. enter coupon code and see that it takes off the percent after that remove the pre order game and the code should stay on the accessory!! now just go through check out and at the end page you should see the discount...[/QUOTE]

Or you could just wait until the in-stock order ships and then cancel the pre-order, but if doing this gets you off, more power to you.

This was mentioned in a separate thread:
"No dealers or resellers, please. This offer is available online only while supplies last. Pre-orders with coupon may not be canceled. Valid only on select titles listed. Valid on in-stock accessories only. Subject to end at anytime. Online only."

GL?

new code

SHIP831 free overnight shipping on these titles

halo reach
guitar hero warriors of rock
smackdown vs raw 2011
tron evolution
power gig rise of the sixthstring
spiderman shattered dimension
ace combat joint assault
medal of honor
epic mickey
fifa soccer 11

[quote name='gamewizardx']I dont see why ACC40 would be dead, but it is. [/QUOTE]

it is still advertised on the front page on gamestop.com but no longer works

Dang the acc coupon dead... They now got the 40% off acc deal if you do a preorder now. I already got all these preordered mostly cheaper on other sites. I was hoping to get the guitar stand cheap or a controller. :)

i just got the AX PRO for $107 and cancelled the game that was pre-ordered with it! win :)

also scored a PS3 blue tooth headset for $30! yes!

[quote name='isofan1']i just got the AX PRO for $107 and cancelled the game that was pre-ordered with it! win :)

also scored a PS3 blue tooth headset for $30! yes![/QUOTE]

You can do that and not get in trouble? I already got my halo reach controller, so i could cancel black ops.

You may be able to get away with it a couple of times. Do it any more and chances are pretty good you'll get permabanned from shopping at their site. Just google "banned gamestop.com."

[quote name='rudiger94949']just had a thought about the acc40 code, if it lasts for another week-

Geforce GTX470 GC
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84135
$339.99 - 135.99 = 203.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

available 9/3

not in the market for a new video card, but would be a great deal for anyone who is.

same thing goes for Geforce GTX460 1GB GC 229.99 - 40%[/QUOTE]

According to the code it expires on 9/7 that's quite a deal on those cards! Very tempting! :drool:

[quote name='Ganelon']You may be able to get away with it a couple of times. Do it any more and chances are pretty good you'll get permabanned from shopping at their site. Just google "banned gamestop.com."[/QUOTE]

If you get banned from the website, can you still use the gamestop gift cards in the store?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']According to the code it expires on 9/7 that's quite a deal on those cards! Very tempting! :drool:[/QUOTE]
Any more details on that card?

[quote name='erectiontown']Any more details on that card?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, when they go on sale Friday GS will put more details on them.

yeah gamestop gift cards and edge/poweruppro still work in store if you are banned online. my monthly ban expired today hopefully, so i can get back to gamestop.com shopping, lol.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah gamestop gift cards and edge/poweruppro still work in store if you are banned online. my monthly ban expired today hopefully, so i can get back to gamestop.com shopping, lol.[/QUOTE]

tsk tsk!

[quote name='medetron']OMG!!! i found a glitch on gamestop using the ACC40 code, simply put a game (i choose brotherhood) and then add any accessory you want,. enter coupon code and see that it takes off the percent after that remove the pre order game and the code should stay on the accessory!! now just go through check out and at the end page you should see the discount... it took me two tries to get the coupon to stick once beacuse i wasnt logged in... heres my proof[/QUOTE]

Probably a one time glitch. Couldn't get this to work with the PS3 Bluetooth Headset and PS3 Turtle Beach PX21 Headset

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Or you could just wait until the in-stock order ships and then cancel the pre-order, but if doing this gets you off, more power to you.[/QUOTE]

I'm hearing that this gets you banned or that you can't cancel an order once it ships. Any of this true? Seems like an attempt at you own risk kind of deal. As the smart thing to do is charge your card the money you would owe.
[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

bread's done
Back