GameStop.com MLB 2k10 Download $3 Opening Day Only (April 5th)

[quote name='mcthatch']While you may be knowledgeable, my credit card company has flagged ONLINE purchases repeatedly for the last couple years.

I've had Steam purchases flagged multiple times. It's the fact that it's online that causes the credit card company to pay attention.

What I don't get about this is that everyone is protected. Just watch your credit card statement or check your account activity online regularly.[/QUOTE]

Then that may be the differences between our banks. The bank I currently have, and the bank I worked for, are the same company so I know what policies are in place as far as fraud is concerned.

This is the first time I have ever been contacted about irregular or suspicious activity on my credit card since I signed up for it in 2005. I ONLY make online purchases with this particular card due to the security features it came with when I signed up. So for this particular charge from this particular company to come back as "suspicious activity" even though I've made literally hundreds of online transactions in a variety of dollar amounts, this is the one charge that was red flagged.

Want a prime example? Look up the TJX hacker on Google that stole thousands of credit card numbers and sold the numbers to other hackers to make purchases with. He was arrested and sentenced to federal prison recently. I was working at the bank at the time and we flagged EVERY purchase from that merchant and had to call the customer to verify charges. That's why when I got a call asking to verify charges literally 2 hours after I made the purchase, I knew something wasn't right.

On a related note, the merchant sent me a confirmation email for my refund. I should expect to see it reflected on my bill within 7 business days. If you truly do not want the game, do not trust the merchant, etc, etc, then I advise to ask for a refund since the refund period is 48 hours from purchase. Just a heads up!

[quote name='Decker']Here's my reply from Trymedia:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

The transactions that you see on your online credit card statement appear to be declined transactions from a failed purchase attempt. They will eventually expire and should not appear on your monthly printed statement.

Regards,

Pascal
Trymedia Games Customer Support

So I won't get charged and I won't get the game apparently. Whoopee.[/QUOTE]

Looks like 'Pascal' sent me the same email --- are they just copying and pasting the same one? I still would HIGHLY recommend that you keep an eye on your statement. I am going to believe the CC customer support rep over this person when she says there was a pending charge --- she never mentioned anything about a failed attempt to charge. Either way, pretty lame situation.

[quote name='hordak']Looks like 'Pascal' sent me the same email --- are they just copying and pasting the same one? I still would HIGHLY recommend that you keep an eye on your statement. I am going to believe the CC customer support rep over this person when she says there was a pending charge --- she never mentioned anything about a failed attempt to charge. Either way, pretty lame situation.[/QUOTE]

Lol, you guys got an e-mail? I'm still waiting for one. One of my $2.99 charges disappeared this morning, but I still have 3 pending. I'm going to call GS customer service later today and try to talk to them again. Hopefully explaining the situation will allow them to let me get a physical copy shipped for $2.99.

It was my understanding that a bank could tell you if a charge was declined. I've had instances where for whatever reason, Wal-Mart's debit system didn't like my card, so I had to run it as credit. When I saw my bank activity online, it showed two pending transactions for the same dollar amount. I immediately called my bank and they informed me the first one was declined. The extra charge disappeared by the next business day.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Lol, you guys got an e-mail? I'm still waiting for one. [/QUOTE]

Yes, I emailed Tried-but-failed-media's customer support email yesterday! :drool:

I called GS again, but got denied for my request to have them sell me a copy for $2.99. She explained to me that because it was TryMedia who was offering the sale and not GS, she could not offer me the same price. She then gave me the four reasons why a credit card would be declined and said TryMedia will probably not honor the sale price if your card was declined. She did say there was a phone number to call, but from her experience, they have never answered. I took her word on that one.

She was very nice about it and I was civil, but it sounds like the GS customer service can't do anything. What shocked me was she compared TryMedia and GS to Wal-Mart and Target saying they are two completely separate companies. The only problem I see is GS allows TM to claim to be more than just the typical third-party.

If gamestop wants to sell more digital online games they need to get away from trymedia and create their own solution. I got my copy of 2k10 bought and installed just fine with only one CC charge, but for alot of people it was a hassle.

Ok, I'm seeing a lot of confusion surrounding the state of pending charges and credit card charges in general. Allow me to clear some of the air and ease some minds...

1.) If your charge states PENDING on your billing statement, it has not been charged yet. A PENDING charge simply means that the merchant submitted the purchase to validate the credit card, ie if the credit is available, if the card is denied, so on and so forth. They are simply testing the card to see if it's an open and active card. That's all. Pending charges will typically fall off the account in 3-5 business days and you will not be charged. Some banks are quicker about pending transactions and some are not. Remember, you are not liable for pending charges, only cleared charges.

2.) If the charge clears the account and the PENDING status is removed, you may contact your credit card issuing company and file a dispute. Once you explain the situation, it will go to another department that reviews the dispute. They will contact the merchant on your behalf and explain the situation. They will make a decision soon after the investigation is complete. If a charge is in dispute, you are still not liable for the charge until a dispute claim is either approved or denied. If any penalties should occur because of the disputed charge, they should be removed pending an approved dispute claim. If they are not, contact the credit card issuing company again and ask them to remove the penalties.

Tips, tricks, and hints when dealing with credit card companies:

1.) Be polite. Even if you're about to explode with anger, the best way to get the results you want is to be polite and explain exactly what happened. That will help the agent on the phone out a great deal. If a person was polite with me, I'd pretty much do anything they asked as a courtesy and so did my co-workers. Want to be a jerk and yell and scream? Expect to be hung up on. I'm not kidding.

2.) If you feel that you are not getting the service you would like, ask to speak to a manager. We always had managers on hand waiting. They were called the "Escalation Team." If the agent you are speaking with cannot resolve your issue, ask to speak to a manager who has WAY more jurisdiction over what can and cannot be done than the agent.

I hope this helps some people in figuring out some things. If you still have questions, feel free to post here or PM me. I am happy to help any fellow confused CAGS!

I've dealt with alot of authos with failed transactions and it's true. If there's no actual purchase behind it it won't stick. People need to calm down, because in this case I doubt any of them will turn to actual charges.

[quote name='Decker']Here's my reply from Trymedia:

So I won't get charged and I won't get the game apparently. Whoopee.[/QUOTE]

same email to me i responded quite firmly that my bank says its already been charged and requires a credit or a dispute.

Does anyone else think this is the most fucked up shit in the fucking world? How can LAMESTOP get away with this trash. Now they wont honor yesterdays price after they wouldnt allow my credit card to go through. Theyre lucky I already have priors or Id burn that fucker down

[quote name='genomachino2002']Does anyone else think this is the most fucked up shit in the fucking world? How can LAMESTOP get away with this trash. Now they wont honor yesterdays price after they wouldnt allow my credit card to go through. Theyre lucky I already have priors or Id burn that fucker down[/QUOTE]

:shock::shock::shock:

C'mon pookie! Let's burn this mother fucker down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCr6wQHRuUw&feature=related

Just got an email from the customer support lead at TryMedia. He gave me a code worth $35 to cover the purchase of a download and the download insurance. Apparently my message got through to the corporate board! :)

EDIT: here's the abridged version of the email(with the code and instructions cut out along with names)
If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 4 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
MLB 2K10

Discussion Thread
Response (xxx) 04/06/2010 03:04 PM
Hello Andy,

My name is xxx and I am the customer service lead at Trymedia. I received your email regarding your recent purchase attempts for MLB 2K10. From the looks of it, the initial order got flagged as possible fraud by our system. Because of this, each subsequent order was also flagged and denied. This does result in an authorization on your account, which will be returned once it expires. Usually the authorizations expire after 3-7 days, however, it depends on your banks policy. Ultimately, you will get each failed transaction back in your account.

Since you were not able to take advantage of the $2.99 deal for MLB 2K10, I am offering a coupon worth $35 which will cover the cost of the game plus download insurance.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

[quote name='dabamus']Just got an email from the customer support lead at TryMedia. He gave me a code worth $35 to cover the purchase of a download and the download insurance. Apparently my message got through to the corporate board! :)

EDIT: here's the abridged version of the email(with the code and instructions cut out along with names)[/QUOTE]

sweet dude, I think everyone else who had a problem should take a page from dabamus's book and use the credit for a better game

[quote name='dabamus']Just got an email from the customer support lead at TryMedia. He gave me a code worth $35 to cover the purchase of a download and the download insurance. Apparently my message got through to the corporate board! :)

EDIT: here's the abridged version of the email(with the code and instructions cut out along with names)[/QUOTE]
Wow, now THAT'S customer service!

So you can use it on any game? :hot:

dabamus, did you replay to "Pascal"s mass email or did you go another route to get your problem noted and corrected by a higher-up?

I just emailed the whole board of directors like I posted a page or two back.

I'm using it to get MLB 2k10, since that's what they sent me the code for, and I'm an honest guy.

Also, when I got the email, the first thing I thought of upon reading it was this quote!

[quote name='Chuplayer']What the fuck is "download insurance?"[/QUOTE]

What Steam gives you for free -- the ability to re-download your game at any time, but here it costs $4 and lasts only 18 months.

Update: I followed the instructions to a T that I was given to redeem the coupon code, and it still didn't work. They told me to enter 16 zeros as the CC# and then enter the coupon code in the discount/coupon box and it would go through. The system won't accept the CC# starting with 4 zeros. More epic phail.

I replied to the email I got saying that it didn't work and telling the error. I also asked if there was any way I could just get a copy of the game shipped to me to simplify fixing the problem. I'll keep you posted when I get a reply.

I would really hate having to send 2 email bombs to the board of directors due to the incompetent system that TryMedia is running...

Sorry for the double post, but is it to early to nominate this for the CAG Awards for 2010? As the biggest fail deal of 2010?

It's a pretty good deal............IF you can get it to go through. I think this one is more of a fail etailer of the year moreso than a deal. Because for those of us that got in on the deal it's pretty good.

Ha, go figure.. another baseball game by 2K causing massive problems for anyone who tries to play it.. 2K6 had the one where it wouldn't load at all or crashed the hard drive, didn't it?

yup. I still don't have my a resolution to this problem. We're going to have to file complaints. Too many people observed this issue

so can this be downloaded and the install files be backed up? I haven't bothered trying to d/l yet although everything processed fine..

thanks jp, perfect I'll go ahead and use my work bandwidth to download and back it up on my external hdd for installation at home hehe

I got an email back saying that:

Hello,

The transactions that you see on your online credit card statement appear to be declined transactions from a failed purchase attempt. They will eventually expire and should not appear on your monthly printed statement.

Regards,

Pascal

WTF... this doesn't help me get the game!?

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']I got an email back saying that:

WTF... this doesn't help me get the game!?[/QUOTE]

Yay, I finally got an e-mail, but I got the same one as you. What irritates me is I said I am not concerned about the pending charges, because I realize they will go away. I specifically asked how I could get MLB 2K10. It's like they didn't read my e-mail.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Yay, I finally got an e-mail, but I got the same one as you. What irritates me is I said I am not concerned about the pending charges, because I realize they will go away. I specifically asked how I could get MLB 2K10. It's like they didn't read my e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... so I did what debamus did and I emailed the corp board of gamestop. :/ It had to be done.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Exactly... so I did what debamus did and I emailed the corp board of gamestop. :/ It had to be done.[/QUOTE]

I replied saying if I didn't receive an adequate response this time, I would be sending GS corporate an e-mail. Basically, my e-mail was asking them to exhibit their elementary level reading, in the nicest way possible.

So, I'll say this again, since I have no idea what I'm doing. I downloaded the game, installed it, etc. I thought I checked the things to give me icons to launch the game, but I have no idea how to get it started. I inputed the game code into Windows Live, but it said it was invalid. I never have these problems, but I don't know what to do.

@Stoneage: get it for the consoles. It's not a GFWL game.

I still haven't gotten a reply to my reply to the support guy saying that the method he told me to use didn't work.

[quote name='Stoneage']So, I'll say this again, since I have no idea what I'm doing. I downloaded the game, installed it, etc. I thought I checked the things to give me icons to launch the game, but I have no idea how to get it started. I inputed the game code into Windows Live, but it said it was invalid. I never have these problems, but I don't know what to do.[/QUOTE]

start > programs > 2k sports > mlb 2k10 > mlb 2k10

[quote name='houdinilogic']start > programs > 2k sports > mlb 2k10 > mlb 2k10[/QUOTE]

It directs me to the install program. When I click it, it says it is already installed. Idk. I'll try again later. It has something to do with me putting it on my G: drive (the one with space).

[quote name='hordak']No response to my reply yet.[/QUOTE]

For being solely a web-based company, you would think they could reply to support e-mails quickly. What do these guys do all day?

[quote name='Stoneage']It directs me to the install program. When I click it, it says it is already installed. Idk. I'll try again later. It has something to do with me putting it on my G: drive (the one with space).[/QUOTE]

Try navigating to the install dir (e.g. program files\2k sports\mlb 2k10) and find "mlb2k10.exe"... should do it if it's actually installed properly. It'll prompt for the CD key the first time you open and connect to activate, etc... good luck!

[quote name='UberSwiss']For being solely a web-based company, you would think they could reply to support e-mails quickly. What do these guys do all day?[/QUOTE]

Avoid emails? ;)

They are avoiding me as well. This is very annoying. Who do i contact at gamestop? We should link them to a few threads so they can see how big of a mess up Trymedia is. Avoiding the customer like this is inexcusable

I'm seriously considering another email to the board of directors if I don't get a response to my email today.

[quote name='dabamus']I'm seriously considering another email to the board of directors if I don't get a response to my email today.[/QUOTE]

I thought you might find this interesting...I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, but someone is lying.

Hello,

I can assure you that the lead customer service agent did not do such thing since i spoke with him personally regarding the issue and even if a coupon code would be sent it would not be one for $35 . I have seen the alleged e-mail myself in the forums and it is rather clearly a fake.

As of now trymedia is figuring out what to do regarding this issue and a statement will be made soon.

Regards,

Pascal

Edit: It sounds like they are attempting to solve the issue so that works for me.

I'm glad that I didn't try to buy this game during this deal. I've heard bad things about the customer service of both Trymedia and Digital River for years and just avoid buying anything from those services.

[quote name='dabamus']Bullshit. I can tell him the lead's email, and if it was fake then I will raise even more Hell![/QUOTE]

If you received an e-mail you should definitely say something to someone. If you didn't receive an e-mail...you should probably lay low for a while. You're probably wanted for murder.

I'm not taking sides. I just want to purchase the game for $2.99.

[quote name='UberSwiss']If you received an e-mail you should definitely say something to someone. If you didn't receive an e-mail...you should probably lay low for a while. You're probably wanted for murder.

I'm not taking sides. I just want to purchase the game for $2.99.[/QUOTE]

I did say something. I sent another email to the board of directors along with the email from the support lead copied into it.

Hopefully this will resolve it.

bread's done
Back