Gamestop/EB April FSI Sale 4/2-4/9 (B2G1 FREE, Free Games, Price Drops etc)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Two Day Sale 4/2-4/4
-Get Fable Lost Chapters (XB) or Conker (XB) FREE when you purchase the following:
Call of Duty Big Red One XB $39.99
*The Incredibles 2 XB $29.99
*Sonic Riders XB $39.99
*Winning Eleven Soccer 9 XB $39.99

4/2 - 4/9
-Free Spongbob Squarepants the Movie GBA game when you purchase TWO of the following:
Spongbob Squarepants Lights Camera Action GBA $29.99
*Zoo Tycoon DS $29.99
*Spongbob Squarepants yellow avenger DS $29.99
*Nicktoon Unite DS $29.99

-Sale $9.99 (regular price $14.99-$19.99)
Sonic Heroes PC
*Madagascar PS2/GC
*Shrek 2 PS2/GC
*Call of Duty Finest Hour PS2/GC
*XBOX 360 Skins for console (selected ones)

-
Sale $14.99 (regular price $19.99)
Bratz GBA
*Sonic Gem Collection GC
*Sonic Heroes PS2
*Sonic Mega Collection GC
*Sonic Mega Collection Plus PS2
*Virtua Tennis PSP
*GTA San Andreas PS2/XB

-Sale $19.99 (regular price $29.99-$39.99)
*Chronicles of Narnia PS2/XB/GC
*City of Villans PC
*Crash Tag Team Racing PSP/PS2/GC
*Yoshi Island GBA
*True Crime NYC XB
*Super Mario Advance GBA
*PSP Mobile Pro Bundle Accessory Pack

-Sale $29.99 (regular price $34.99-$49.99)
*24 The Game PS2
*DBZ Tenkaichi PS2
*F.E.A.R. PC
*Ice Age 2 PS2/XB/GC
*Marc Eckos Getting Up PS2
*Quake IV PC
*Sonic Riders PS2/GC
*Shadow The Hedgehog PS2

-Save $20.00 when you purchase any 2 Activision 360 Game on the same receipt
*Tony Hawk American Wasteland
*Quake 4
*Gun
*Call of Duty 2

-Condemned Criminal Orgins XB360 - $49.99

-Save $80.00 on a XBOX 360 system when you trade in a complete original XBOX system.

-Free Katamari Zipper Pouch
w/purchase of Me and My Katamari (while supplies last)

-Free Dynasty Warriors Empires Art Book
w/purchase of 360 Dynasty Warriors Empires ($39.99)

-Get a new XBOX 360 Game for free when you trade in two XBOX 360 games.

-Free select GAMECUBE players choice game with a purchase of a new Gamecube hardware system

-FREE USED GAME when you purchase 2 used games (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
*Lowest price or equal value game will be the free one

-FREE USED DVD when you purchase 2 used dvds (Buy 2 Get 1 Free)
Lowest price or equal value dvd will be the free one

-EXTRA 10% trade in credit when you apply trade credit towards a pre-order of any game not out.

Wasn't the Katamari Pouch a preorder bonus...? Does this means the stores are going to be restocking, so once the sale is over I can pick up one just by asking because nobody bought Katamari for the PSP?

Anyways, this sale dosen't look too good, imo, other then the buy 2 get 1 free and all that jazz.

EDIT: These sales might as well be termed the Activision sales, since they always heavily favor their games.

Nothing of real interest besides the B2G1 deal, which is fantastic in and of itself.

Gonna go cheap this time and pick up

Ace Combat 5
Dark Cloud 2
Burnout 3

These GBA titles are the new Players Choice and are $19.99 everywhere.

*Yoshi Island GBA
*Super Mario Advance GBA

i wonder when will Gamestop starts accepting EBGames gift card and when will EBgames accept Gamestop Membership card..

i have EBGAMES GC and Gamestop membership card! lol i want to save that extra 10% off and use my gift card

i got a question. when you trade in a gba game do they give u more credit bring the game complete or less if u bring the cart only?

is it the same.

[quote name='endlessPRO']i got a question. when you trade in a gba game do they give u more credit bring the game complete or less if u bring the cart only?

is it the same.[/QUOTE]

Same

[quote name='endlessPRO']i got a question. when you trade in a gba game do they give u more credit bring the game complete or less if u bring the cart only?

is it the same.[/QUOTE]

Same.The store can give a rat ass about the box or manual they just toss it away or for some stores they will keep it.

Dang,I can't search for Kingdom Heart 2 preowned in gamestop store availability.I guess it is a little too early

Ah, great deal for me. I've been wanting a good soccer game for a while and if I grabbed it for Xbox, then I'd get Conker for free... a game which I started on the N64 but never finished.

woot woot, nice deal, thanks for posting it up.

So what if my Gamestop or EBGames says has a used copy of one of those games on sale. Does that mean it'll be $2 less then the sale price or will it be charged the same or what?

I was really looking forward to the sale and still am, but the Sonic Mega Collection for $14.99 is a bonus because my girl wants it.. but I have no idea why because she doesn't even play videogames. I don't really give a fuck though, that's her money, not mine.. :lol:

[quote name='bardockkun']So what if my Gamestop or EBGames says has a used copy of one of those games on sale. Does that mean it'll be $2 less then the sale price or will it be charged the same or what?[/QUOTE]

No, EBGames or Gamestop counts used or preplayed games as different items. In other words, a used copy scans as a different item in their database than a new copy, so you cannot expect to get a used copy at a discounted price. They also should not be able to sell a preplayed copy to ypu at a cheaper price if a new copy of the same item is actually cheaper, but all sold out. The preplayed copy should stay at a fixed price.

[quote name='bardockkun']So what if my Gamestop or EBGames says has a used copy of one of those games on sale. Does that mean it'll be $2 less then the sale price or will it be charged the same or what?[/QUOTE]

No, EBGames or Gamestop counts used or preplayed games as different, and individual items. In other words, a used copy scans as a different item in their database than a new copy, so you cannot expect to get a used copy at a discounted price. They also should not be able to sell a preplayed copy to ypu at a cheaper price if a new copy of the same item is actually cheaper, but all sold out. The preplayed copy should stay at a fixed price.

Also special promotions (like the B2G1 Free sale) only apply for the used version, unless otherwise stated, so you can't expect to score B2G1 on new games, or receive special promos (like a free game as stated in the flyer) on buying the used versions of the select titles.

No, EBGames or Gamestop counts used or preplayed games as different, and individual items. In other words, a used copy scans as a different item in their database than a new copy, so you cannot expect to get a used copy at a discounted price. They also should not be able to sell a preplayed copy to you at a cheaper price if a new copy of the same item is actually cheaper, but all sold out. The preplayed copy should stay at a fixed price.

Also special promotions (like the B2G1 Free sale) only apply for the used version of the select games, unless otherwise stated, so you can't expect to score B2G1 on new games, or receive special promos (like a free game - as stated in the flyer) on buying the used versions of the select titles.

I'll get God of War and Shadow of the Colossus, I don't know what my third game should be.....ummm......any ideas???

[quote name='tenzor']-Save $80.00 on a XBOX 360 system when you trade in a complete original XBOX system.[/quote]
Anyone know the usual trade-in value? I'm tempted to wait until the fall to get a 360, hopefully with a price drop in anticipation/wake of the PS3.

[quote name='Nephilim']These GBA titles are the new Players Choice and are $19.99 everywhere.

*Yoshi Island GBA
*Super Mario Advance GBA[/QUOTE]

Now I have to go back to Walmart and get them to check the price on Yoshi Island. It was in the glass case with the players choice logo on it and a price tag that said $29.99.

In reference to the Katamari pouch:

Some of the gamestops did not even get them yet. The received an e-mail stating that this was not a pre-order bonus and if it cme in to hold it until this sale, which Most of the guys at my gamestop found to be stupid. My stores around me haven't revceived yet (as of Monday9 so I am looking forward to seeing this litlle freebie.

[quote name='Geohound Omega']Anyone know the usual trade-in value? I'm tempted to wait until the fall to get a 360, hopefully with a price drop in anticipation/wake of the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Before the 360 it was about $75, I'd be willing to bet that its much less now.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Before the 360 it was about $75, I'd be willing to bet that its much less now.[/quote]
Before the 360, it normally was anywhere from $45-$55, before any add-ons for extra credit during "sale" promotions. Highest I've seen semi-recently was $75, which was $65 + $10 additional credit during a "sale".

To offer $80 must mean they're running low on their stock of pre-owned Xboxes. Can't imagine anyone would give one up, unless they don't have many/any games that BC doesn't work on. I know I'm holding onto mine until the warranty expires.

When does the Trade 2 X360 Games get 1 free deal end?

Do all deals end on the 9th? Or just the Buy 2 get 1 free deal?

[quote name='shrike4242']Before the 360, it normally was anywhere from $45-$55, before any add-ons for extra credit during "sale" promotions. Highest I've seen semi-recently was $75, which was $65 + $10 additional credit during a "sale".

To offer $80 must mean they're running low on their stock of pre-owned Xboxes. Can't imagine anyone would give one up, unless they don't have many/any games that BC doesn't work on. I know I'm holding onto mine until the warranty expires.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't realize it was that low. Oh well, either way $80 credit for it is a pretty good deal (by gamestop's standards anyway).

Is there any exclusions on that trade 2 360 games for 1 new one? And can you use it for a pre-order. Would like to trade in Perfect Dark and Call of Duty/Need For Speed for MLB 2K6

There are no exclusions for the 2 for 1 deal on 360 games. Just no duplicate copies, and its YMMV on the pre-orders. Its suppose to be only for 360 games that are out. However worst case scenario is for you just to trade your 2 games in for a new 360 game like Ghost Recon, Far Cry, and don't open it. Then when MLB comes out 2 weeks later after this deal ends just return it unopened for it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wasn't the Katamari Pouch a preorder bonus...?[/quote]That's what was announced by many sites, which lead me to preorder the game and get nothing. Awesome.

I'm actually thinking of going for Sonic Riders...I know it has horrible reviews, but since its Sonic I would probably enjoy it...I'm also hoping some idiot trades in their KH2 so I can get that on B2G1 :D

[quote name='whoknows']I'm actually thinking of going for Sonic Riders...I know it has horrible reviews, but since its Sonic I would probably enjoy it...[/QUOTE]
If you're a big Sonic fan, trust me...save yourself the heartache.

[quote name='swetooth9']if i do that "trade in xbox for $80 towards a 360", can a cancel the 360 order and just get store credit instead?[/quote]

well basically the trade in won't be for a pre-order so you will end up trading the xbox system for a 360 system right there. Plus if you end up trading the XBOX for the 360 system , and trying to return the 360 system later, they might notice on your receipt that you used a trade in deal and bump the trade in credit back down to $50 for the xbox instead of the $80.

[quote name='tenzor']well basically the trade in won't be for a pre-order so you will end up trading the xbox system for a 360 system right there. Plus if you end up trading the XBOX for the 360 system , and trying to return the 360 system later, they might notice on your receipt that you used a trade in deal and bump the trade in credit back down to $50 for the xbox instead of the $80.[/quote]

what if they don't have any 360 systems on the day of the tradein?

[quote name='swetooth9']what if they don't have any 360 systems on the day of the tradein?[/quote]

then the trade in is not valid. Most stores are getting a big shipment for 360s to sell on Sunday anyway. We got like 20 to sell down here, when we normally only get 2-4.

[quote name='swetooth9']what if they don't have any 360 systems on the day of the tradein?[/QUOTE]

The GS I went to yesterday had gotten a new shipment in the day before.

[quote name='Tricky']Now I have to go back to Walmart and get them to check the price on Yoshi Island. It was in the glass case with the players choice logo on it and a price tag that said $29.99.[/QUOTE]

When our store got the "Player's Choice" versions of these games in, they were $30 as well - they have the same UPC as the original release and the price just hadn't changed in the system yet. The next day, they dropped to $19.92.

[quote name='tenzor']There are no exclusions for the 2 for 1 deal on 360 games. Just no duplicate copies, and its YMMV on the pre-orders. Its suppose to be only for 360 games that are out. However worst case scenario is for you just to trade your 2 games in for a new 360 game like Ghost Recon, Far Cry, and don't open it. Then when MLB comes out 2 weeks later after this deal ends just return it unopened for it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the help

I surely pickup Sonic Gems collection for GC. Also, thinking to get Madagasca & Shrek 2 but i wonder both games is worth $10 or not? Which version is better... GC or PS2 ?

Thanks

Tempted to get Finest Hour to bide my time till CoD2 gets cheap. But I don't know if I would get around to playing it before CoD2 got cheap.

bread's done
Back