GameStop Game Days Final clearance starts 6/30

Godfather Cloak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
ALmost all of the games in game days sale (aside from a few) will be on sale...even further starting 6/30 (for example Godfather will be 12.99 for xbox 360)

i read this in a email at work....so if you were considering buying something in game days...wait until the 30th..

[quote name='Tsukento']Got a buncha prices here from one of the stores I went to. A lot of stuff dropped, some didn't. Here's what did drop that I saw:

:ps2:
$7.99
Tekken 5

$8.99
Destroy All Humans! 2
Katamari Demacy
SEGA Genesis Collection
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Sonic Riders
Soul Calibur III
Tomb Raider Legend

$9.99
Cabela's Alaskan Adventure

$15.99

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Odin Sphere

:psp:
$8.99
Blitz: Overtime
Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX

$9.99
Full Auto 2: Battlelines

$12.99
SEGA Genesis Collection
Sonic Rivals
Worms: Open Warfare 2

$15.99
Brave Story: New Traveler
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Valhalla Knights

:ds:
$7.99
EA Playground
Uno/Skip-Bo/Uno Freefall

$8.99
Worms: Open Warfare 2

$12.99
Nervous Brickdown
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll

$14.99
Rafa Nadal Tennis

$17.99
baby pals

:360:
$7.99
Xbox 360 Cooler

$9.99
Need For Speed Carbon

$12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

$15.99
Hitman: Blood Money
Virtua Tennis 3

:ps3:
$15.99
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Tennis 3

:wii:
$15.99
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

Quite a few Wii games stayed the same price:

-Fishing Master
-Mortal Kombat Armageddon
-Sonic and the Secret Rings
-Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
-The Bigs
-The Sims 2: Pets[/QUOTE]

Wasnt moon PSP 14.99 so it went up a buck??

[quote name='slidecage']Wasnt moon PSP 14.99 so it went up a buck??[/quote]
Hm. So it did. The case didn't have the original GD sticker, so I assumed it dropped due to it having the newer one on.

Sorta similar to how I saw a Rafa Nadal Tennis game with the original GD sticker on saying $19.99, while another having the same style sticker only with $14.99 instead. o_O

picked up Odin Sphere. Funny how I passed on it for $17.99 ($20 w/10% off cpn), but bit on $15.99.

I have a feeling this is truly the last chance to get it new at this price range.

Question now is: how long does the Game Days Clearance last?

Scored NBA Street Homecourt & Virtua Tennis 3 for PS3 for $10 & $16 respectively. If your Gamestop is still open get the goods before its too late!:bouncy:

I saw some Odin sphere's left also, too bad they were all gutted.

Today is the last day before they get rid of everything and back to normal prices? I Thought today is just the start of the final days sale with more discount until everything is gone?

[quote name='Grecco']Is that the entire X360 list? I have all those titles except Sonic, NFS, and Commandnconquer and id probably only want CC3[/quote]
No, only what the store I went to had left.

Also, KingofOldSchool is right. I goofed on the price. HM: B&G is indeed $12.99.

I bit on Odin Sphere today as well - got it for $14.39+tax using the 10% Coupon. The Clerk did have some issues ringing it up - the register did not want to take 10% off automatically but he eventually figured it out.

[quote name='Angel.Sofiel']Does anyone know if UMD's went down to 2.99? If so, I will quickly head on over to my local gamestop store after work and pick some up! :)[/quote]

They did not mark the UMDs down more. Most stores (at least in my area) have few if any left.

Also since this has not been mentioned yet, the 'Final Clearance' ends 7/6! The home office has not yet said what will be done with anything left over (probably like last year, convert it to used) :roll:

[quote name='uglyteradon']Does this count the Diablo 2 expansion?[/QUOTE]I just found out the hard way. NO

ps, Diablo II is broken in OSX 10.5.3. Apple took out some necessary graphics extensions that enable 256 color graphics.

for now, borked until someone fixes it. :/

I got sega genesis collection for $9. I know a whole dollar off, but instead of paying $8 for each game on the wii, I get 37 games for $9!

My store said that Brave Story went back to its regular price...I had them scan it twice and ring it up twice...anyone else come across this today?

picked up odin sphere, the sega collection and the harry potter game (PS3 impulse more than anything)

...kinda pissed that I payed close to double for VF5, def jam, and NBA street (all PS3) two weeks ago...cool if I could get that extra few bucks back, oh well...got a good back log of PS3 games now

Picked up :360: C&C: Tiberian Sun for $12.99 and :ps3: Virtua Fighter 5 for $15.99.

Thanks Op!

C&C I almost bought yesterday at $20 but I'm not sure why I bit on the VF5 in retrospect. Oh well.

Is :ds: Dementium: the Ward any good? I almost bought that too.

sorry if this question has already been answered but i couldnt find it in the thread. How long will this final clearance last?

Is today the last day or will it be good for a few more days?

thanks

[quote name='loserboy']My store said that Brave Story went back to its regular price...I had them scan it twice and ring it up twice...anyone else come across this today?[/QUOTE]

They said the email had it at $15.99, but the computer has it at 39.99. They manually overrid it to $15.99. Good price.

[quote name='nexen']

Is :ds: Dementium: the Ward any good? I almost bought that too.[/QUOTE]

Got pretty good reviews:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/939863.asp

Most in the 7 - 8 range with only a few below that and a majority of the "major" reviewers (1up, ign, etc.) giving it a 7 or 8! I bought it, but it still sits in the shrink wrap along with the gazillion other games I've bought over the last 20 years!

[quote name='loserboy']My store said that Brave Story went back to its regular price...I had them scan it twice and ring it up twice...anyone else come across this today?[/quote]

Bought it for $15.99. She had to enter the price manually

What's the return policy for these games? I thought they are considered new merchandise and follow the 30 days policy but the associate told me it's 7 days. He was very positive about it and told me he went through many training tests and he knows it by heart.

The games are gutted but he put the seal over them.

No go on the 10% coupon. The register wouldn't take it and of course the associate wouldn't do an override.

Also, I have some of these games already on order from their website. Do you think I can return the gutted copies (but with the GS seal intact) with the online receipt for a refund? I would like to keep the sealed copies since I had to went through the trouble but the store won't take the gutted copies back, then I may just have to refuse shipment or take it to the store for a refund.

odd

i called the store near where i work and they had ps2 MKA but it was 14.99 but when i check my cart from lastnight today it still 9.99 sadly i spent my money on a 360 cooler and ps2 wireless controller:cry:

[quote name='whatup5']sorry if this question has already been answered but i couldnt find it in the thread. How long will this final clearance last?

Is today the last day or will it be good for a few more days?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned that this was only for the last day of the 'Game Days' sale which ended today but hysterisch mentioned (a few posts up) that it lasts until July 6th. I hope he's right because I didn't see this thread until I got home today (CAG is blocked at my job) and I would have liked to pick up C&C:TW and maybe VF5. And to think I was just there today getting Worms 2. I wondered why it rang up for $8.99, I figured the employee just gave me the 10% discount out of the kindness of his heart. :D

picked up Def Icon for 8.99 sweet only the 10% coupon didn't work. It would be only only another 90 cents off but oh well.

[quote name='whoknows']Cool. If Condemned and/or Viking go down a good amount I'll grab them.[/QUOTE]
Nope, they both were pulled from the sale and went back up to full price. Talking $60. If you look and their latest circular, the one that is published monthly(I believe), it shows both games back up to the original price. This was also confirmed by an employee today.

Sorry for the repeated question. What's the return policy for these Game Day Sale games? The gutted copies sealed back with their own sticker if it matters.

I thought they are considered new merchandise and follow the 30 days policy but the associate told me it's 7 days. He was very positive about it and told me he went through many training tests and he knows it by heart.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Bought it for $15.99. She had to enter the price manually[/QUOTE]
Brave Story is $15.99 now, as is Monster Hunter 2 and Odin Sphere.

Anyone tried the coupon today for an additional 10% the GS I went to told me even tho the coupon says today is the last day to use it does not work anymore since the games are already discounted.

[quote name='eau']Sorry for the repeated question. What's the return policy for these Game Day Sale games? The gutted copies sealed back with their own sticker if it matters.

I thought they are considered new merchandise and follow the 30 days policy but the associate told me it's 7 days. He was very positive about it and told me he went through many training tests and he knows it by heart.[/QUOTE]
Well, they're selling them as new games, so the policy should be the same as a new game, unopened merchandise should have 30 days to be returned. Argue with the employee and if he doesn't agree ask for the manager.

[quote name='Shimrra']Anyone tried the coupon today for an additional 10% the GS I went to told me even tho the coupon says today is the last day to use it does not work anymore since the games are already discounted.[/quote]
I didn't work for me neither. I argued that the coupon is still good today and it says so on it. They said they scanned it and the system wouldn't take it. They argued that the current price is already discounted ($15.99 as opposed to $19.99) and wouldn't override it. I argued some GS stores would and they said they were not supposed to. At that point, I gave up and bought the games anyway since they were still better than the 10% off $19.99 price.

[quote name='eau']Sorry for the repeated question. What's the return policy for these Game Day Sale games? The gutted copies sealed back with their own sticker if it matters.

I thought they are considered new merchandise and follow the 30 days policy but the associate told me it's 7 days. He was very positive about it and told me he went through many training tests and he knows it by heart.[/quote]

it say's 30 days for new games on the receipt on mines

Picked up Katamari Damacy for ~9, C&C 3 for ~13, and Odin Sphere for ~16. Forgot all about the coupon. Oh well. All of the games were gutted with a sticker on the top right corner of the case for new price, a Game Days sticker wrapped on the spine of case (Clearance over top of that) and a New Price sticker on the paper cover (took out the cover from the case & stuck a sticker on the spine of the paper). I would've been so pissed if those didn't come off as easily as they did. Passed on Dementia: The Ward for Ds which I kind of regret now.

Picked up:

Katamari Damacy - $8.99
Uno DS - $7.99
Valhalla Knights - $15.99

Was unsure on VK but it was $4 cheaper today and I did use cheap credit transferred from BB. Might still return it.

Went there today....looked at Battlestations:Midway for 14.99? Eh, really want that game but I think I can find one cheaper, anyone have one they wanna trade? Then I saw Sonic for 11.99? Eh, not that big of a Sonic fan....THEN...me as a gamer went and looked at all the 360 games and saw a 7.99 pricetag!!! I am a very big CAG and even though it was Bomberman: Act Zero, I will still buy just about any 360 game, (*Cough* BK Games *Cough*) if it's $7.99! So, I'm crossing my fingers it that it's not as bad as the reviews claim it to be.

[quote name='Tolmes']Went there today....looked at Battlestations:Midway for 14.99? Eh, really want that game but I think I can find one cheaper, anyone have one they wanna trade? Then I saw Sonic for 11.99? Eh, not that big of a Sonic fan....THEN...me as a gamer went and looked at all the 360 games and saw a 7.99 pricetag!!! I am a very big CAG and even though it was Bomberman: Act Zero, I will still buy just about any 360 game, (*Cough* BK Games *Cough*) if it's $7.99! So, I'm crossing my fingers it that it's not as bad as the reviews claim it to be.[/quote]

Sorry but it is as bad as you heard. Good news you can use that to trade back in and recoup some money with 2 get $10 or $15

Was hoping to see a significant drop in price I guess... Went back and forth of whether or not to get Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War ($15.99) and Need For Speed Carbon at $9.99. May still get NFSC but hoping to get ACZ to go a little bit lower in the future.

As for the return policy, I asked a manager today that for those who bought yesterday or days before the price drop, could they get a refund and he said they can't on the Game Day stuff.

[quote name='GunstarRed']During their last sale they dropped the UMDs down to $3.99 at the end of the sale and they vanished within a few days. Every single GS gutted every single UMD though. Bastards.

Sega Genesis Collection for $10 is already a steal! Even the PSP one for $15 is a deal. I don't regret paying $20 for it when it first came out. A MUST BUY! Phantasy Star IV cost $80 when it first came out and now you get it on a compilation for $10! *lol*[/quote]

PSIV game out at the $100 price point for those that picked it up on release day. =D And I second that owning the collections is worth it. I ended up getting the PS2 one awhile back for $20 and then wanted the games on the go and picked up the PSP one for $25 because I couldn't find it anywhere.

I was at GS yesterday. Nothing reduced. They even took off one of the Gameday bin for PS3 games lol. Only some lame PSP and Xbox 360 games that were 19.99+ and some external fan for xbox 360 for 9.99.

I thought they are considered new merchandise and follow the 30 days policy but the associate told me it's 7 days. He was very positive about it and told me he went through many training tests and he knows it by heart.[/quote]

He was either bullshitting you or his manager was way tougher than any I'd ever seen; the only training test I was given was, "You have no experience in sales, so let's lay a bit of groundwork."

In any event, he was wrong. Seven's for used games and accessories for any reason, thirty days if it's defective (for a copy of the same game). New is thirty days sealed for a return, and, if opened, thirty days if it's defective to swap out for a copy of the same game.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Is the sale still going on today?[/quote]

I believe so. When I was in there today picking up some Gamecube/Xbox games with the coupon, I saw a bin with a bunch of games from the sale. Nothing really caught my eye. Saw several copies of NBA Homecourt for 360 and other miscellaneous titles.

I hope it's still going on. Yesterday, for some unknown reason I passed up MHF2 for $16...I regret it. Hope it's still there.

bread's done
Back