GameStop Game Days Final clearance starts 6/30

Godfather Cloak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
ALmost all of the games in game days sale (aside from a few) will be on sale...even further starting 6/30 (for example Godfather will be 12.99 for xbox 360)

i read this in a email at work....so if you were considering buying something in game days...wait until the 30th..

The gamestops in chicago had some decent deals. I got the following:

PS3:

Def Jam Icon - $8.99
NBA Street homecourt - $9.99
Virtua Fighter 5 - $14.99

Wii:

Gamestop brand battery pack & charger: $8.99

Xbox 360:
Need for speed carbon: $9.99

[quote name='ricoraney']Nope, they both were pulled from the sale and went back up to full price. Talking $60. If you look and their latest circular, the one that is published monthly(I believe), it shows both games back up to the original price. This was also confirmed by an employee today.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

If anyone is interested as of lunch time this afternoon Amazon still had Condemned 2 for $29.99 today (both systems) and Viking for $29.99 on the PS3 (360 version is back to $59.99)

Do all the final clearance games come with opened boxes?
I was at my local GS today, and the copies were all gutted.
but they told me that everything is new tho.
Are they lying or it's true?

[quote name='newlu']Do all the final clearance games come with opened boxes?
I was at my local GS today, and the copies were all gutted.
but they told me that everything is new tho.
Are they lying or it's true?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's just like buying a used game there. You take the empty cases up to the register. I didn't really have a problem with it. Today I picked up C & C 3 for $13, Sonic Mega Collection plus for $9, and Sonic Heroes for $9. Probably wouldn't buy those games at their normal price, haha. Damn impulse purchases!

Gutted = New
they just open them up and put the contents in back. Pain in the ass, but its their policy. I got Warcraft 3 battlechest today. couldnt resist for $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole thing ticks me off, because there's some games I'd buy, but they're all used being sold as "new". I'm so sick of that.

[quote name='Wolfpup']This whole thing ticks me off, because there's some games I'd buy, but they're all used being sold as "new". I'm so sick of that.[/quote]

I don't know where you live, but it might be worth it to you to call around to various GSs and see if they have any sealed copies of games behind the counter.

A good number of GSs near me keep a large number of their new games sealed, including the GameDays sale items. Not sure if they've since gutted them due to them being on clearance, but a call couldn't hurt.

oddly enough, i went to the gamestop at the mall near my house..

picked up brave story, mhf2, mario & sonic at the olympic games, dementium, and nervous brickdown.

they went to their drawers and gave me factory sealed copies of every game i picked.

but i went on the first day of gamedays. the price of every game i bought so far has dropped :drool:

[quote name='Wolfpup']This whole thing ticks me off, because there's some games I'd buy, but they're all used being sold as "new". I'm so sick of that.[/quote]

Well if the price is right ... For me, I consider gutted games a step below new but better than used because the games and cases are typically in great shape (I haven't had any problems removing stickers, but I know there's always exceptions.)

I realize some hate the concept of gutted "new" games, and I would never pay full price for one, but the Gameday sale prices for many of the games are pretty good (and in several cases cheaper than the used prices).

Yeah, that's a good point I suppose. Still it just ticks me off. From what I've seen at mine the cases are just thrown out in a bin, not even rewrapped, with stickers on them. I can get better buying used from Gamefly.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, that's a good point I suppose. Still it just ticks me off. From what I've seen at mine the cases are just thrown out in a bin, not even rewrapped, with stickers on them. I can get better buying used from Gamefly.[/quote]

Cool. Well, problem solved. :D

I've viewed a few pages of the thread, but haven't seen anyone mention Afterburner for PSP. Snagged it at $15 last night.. I actually kind of like it. It's no realistic flight sim, but pretty good arcade fun much in the same vein as the old game. Also snagged Sega Genesis Coll. for PS2.. the ultimate prevention of redundant spending of Wii and Live points. Haven't played it yet, seems like a pretty well fleshed out collection (speaking of... why no love for Afterburner on that disc?).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, that's a good point I suppose. Still it just ticks me off. From what I've seen at mine the cases are just thrown out in a bin, not even rewrapped, with stickers on them. I can get better buying used from Gamefly.[/quote]
But the actual disk in a gutted copy should not have been used which is the most important thing in the end. I have bought Godfather and House of the Dead2/3 in this sale and both times they were the last copy and thus gutted. HotD was a gift so they took a new box and transferred everything to it and then shrink wrapped it so it looked like brand new with no stickers or sticker marks. Personally I think they should buy an extra set of boxes for each gutted copy so that they can do this every time, it would only cost them a few cents per game.

[quote name='poppabk']But the actual disk in a gutted copy should not have been used which is the most important thing in the end. I have bought Godfather and House of the Dead2/3 in this sale and both times they were the last copy and thus gutted. HotD was a gift so they took a new box and transferred everything to it and then shrink wrapped it so it looked like brand new with no stickers or sticker marks. Personally I think they should buy an extra set of boxes for each gutted copy so that they can do this every time, it would only cost them a few cents per game.[/QUOTE]

Unless an employee took it home under their store try-out policy. I absolutely refuse to buy gutted games. They are used plain and simple.

Is this final clearance sale still in effect even thought it's July now? I don't want to make the trip out to the local GS if the deals are dead.

[quote name='Mr. Jack']Is this final clearance sale still in effect even thought it's July now? I don't want to make the trip out to the local GS if the deals are dead.[/quote]
I went yesterday and they still had the bin out

I'm pretty sure that last year they left the bins out until pretty much everything was gone, or at least close to it.

There's no point for them in putting stuff on the shelf, so it's easier, and more likely to sell, if left on display in bins. People are drawn to anything that says 'sale'.

Excellent, I'll probably take a ride over and see what they have after work, thanks for the info guys.

I see a lot of people are once again all concerned over the stupid opened games policy. Here's the deal. As others have said, many stores still have sealed copies of the games. I got two out of my four games factory-sealed. If the games are open, just take a look at the discs. If they appear used, and you don't want them, don't buy them.

I'm desperately trying to find SoTC for cheap, but my Gamestop never has it in stock. :/
I've also tried ebay, but they're going for a good amount of money as well. Anyone know other alternatives?

Thanks.

[quote name='porieux']Is Viking still on sale? I need to finish that game, but only if it's cheap.[/quote]

No, unfortunately. But they didn't raise the used prices, yet. It's still at $27. You could order online and get it for less than $25, after CAG16 and SAVER...as well EDGE, if you have it. If you don't get a complete copy, return it to a store for one.

[quote name='Mr. Jack']Is this final clearance sale still in effect even thought it's July now? I don't want to make the trip out to the local GS if the deals are dead.[/quote]

Final Clearance ends at closing Sunday 7/6

[quote name='GuardianE']I don't know where you live, but it might be worth it to you to call around to various GSs and see if they have any sealed copies of games behind the counter.

A good number of GSs near me keep a large number of their new games sealed, including the GameDays sale items. Not sure if they've since gutted them due to them being on clearance, but a call couldn't hurt.[/quote]

Yeah, I was actually surprised when I went to get NFS : Carbon for 10 bucks, when the clerk pulled out a sealed copy of the game, I was expecting them to sell me the gutted copy with the case from the display bin.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I see a lot of people are once again all concerned over the stupid opened games policy. Here's the deal. As others have said, many stores still have sealed copies of the games. I got two out of my four games factory-sealed. If the games are open, just take a look at the discs. If they appear used, and you don't want them, don't buy them.[/QUOTE]

Here's the deal. Once a game is opened, it can't be classified as "new" in most states, including California. As a gamer and a collector, if I'm going to pay a premium for a new game, it has to be factory sealed and not opened and played by some employee. It's not my job to inspect their games and make a determination if something is to new standards. It's either new or not. An opened game is not new and the fact that the largest video game retail chain in the world can't find a way to convince their suppliers to give them dummy cases and inserts for each new game they sell is absurd. As such, I will not buy games from Gamestop's retail stores and I know many others will not either. The fact that you accepted two used games and still paid the new price is just sad, especially since many of the games in this sale can be found used for less money.

[quote name='bojay1997']Here's the deal. Once a game is opened, it can't be classified as "new" in most states, including California. As a gamer and a collector, if I'm going to pay a premium for a new game, it has to be factory sealed and not opened and played by some employee. It's not my job to inspect their games and make a determination if something is to new standards. It's either new or not. An opened game is not new and the fact that the largest video game retail chain in the world can't find a way to convince their suppliers to give them dummy cases and inserts for each new game they sell is absurd. As such, I will not buy games from Gamestop's retail stores and I know many others will not either. The fact that you accepted two used games and still paid the new price is just sad, especially since many of the games in this sale can be found used for less money.[/quote]

Today I bought

PS2 Tekken 5: "new" 7.99 ----- Used price is 17.99
PS2 Soul Caliber 2: "new" 8.99 --Used price is 14.99
PSP Midway Arcade Treaures: "new" 8.99 --- Used price is 17.99

If someone doesn't want to buy a gutted copy, I fully respect that. I would never pay full price for an opened copy. But I draw the line at calling someone else "sad" for how they choose to spend their own money.

What the Gamestop haters continue to fail to realize while holding on tight to their anti-GS banner is that there ARE some good deals with the Game days sale. But let's not talk facts, just ideology :roll:

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']my local gamestop had copies of def jam icon for ps3 priced at $8.99, ymmv of course.[/QUOTE]

Mine did as well. I'm thinking it's not worth that much though.

Scored a great deal today. I went to go see if they had anything left, and they accidentally had Kane's Wrath priced at 12.99 instead of the regular Command and Conquer 3, so they had to honor it. They took the rest of the copies out of the bin after I bought my copy though lol.

Here's the deal.

You know that you've got a good post on your hands when it starts like this...

As a gamer and a collector, if I'm going to pay a premium for a new game, it has to be factory sealed and not opened and played by some employee.

Then...don't? No one told you to. I was merely telling people that WANTED to buy games and partake in the sale, but were hesitant, that many of the games were still sealed. Oh, my bad, though. You obviously needed to get your GameStop hate off your chest, so what was being discussed meant very little. It's all right. It will be ok one day.

It's not my job to inspect their games and make a determination if something is to new standards.

Then...don't? Yes, I know, I used that already, but again, no one was telling YOU to do anything. So, please, stop flaunting your standards, as if people are going to be blown away. We've heard it all before. You're not a rebel against the corporate hacks, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

As such, I will not buy games from Gamestop's retail stores and I know many others will not either.

Congrats? Considering I don't work for GameStop or own any share of the company, I don't really care if you burn one of their stores down. And considering that they put up record profits last year, I highly doubt "you and others you know" mean much to them.

The fact that you accepted two used games and still paid the new price is just sad, especially since many of the games in this sale can be found used for less money.

...and I think it's sad that people like you still feel a need to come into GameStop deal topics and complain about policy. It's getting so old, it isn't even funny. If you want to complain about this stuff, there is a board you can discuss your shopping experiences.

god i hate gamestop, but i had to pick up brave story for 15:lol: anyway i hate there gut the game's crap thats why i never go to gamestop :bomb: so i went to pick up the game and as i was about to leave i look at the umd and it look used, so i asked the guy hey, arent these new, and he said yeah. so i gave him the umd and i said look, he look at it and says yeah it does look use am going to talk 10% off it then. so i ended up walking out of there with brave story for 11$ best gamestop i've been in a long time:applause:

I purchased Afterburner Black Falcon for the PSP yesterday at $15.99 at a Gamestop in Sevierville, TN. When I took the empty box to the counter, the guy inserted the game into the box and started to put a seal on the outside. He said this is so we can tell if it's been opened as it is our last NEW copy in the store. I told him don't even bother as I was going to peel the sticker off anyway. It seemed silly but I was OK if it was used or new regardless at the price I was paying.

[quote name='Kaako']I'm desperately trying to find SoTC for cheap, but my Gamestop never has it in stock. :/
I've also tried ebay, but they're going for a good amount of money as well. Anyone know other alternatives?

Thanks.[/quote]

If youre not afraid of the Greatest Hits box, then I saw a few copies at my Target, they were mixed in with the clearance items. It may be 20 but that game is well worth it.

How much did they charge from FF Chronicles? Kind of messed up if FFIV + CT for PS1 = $40, and now CT alone for DS also = $40.

[quote name='trajin']god i hate gamestop, but i had to pick up brave story for 15:lol: anyway i hate there gut the game's crap thats why i never go to gamestop :bomb: so i went to pick up the game and as i was about to leave i look at the umd and it look used, so i asked the guy hey, arent these new, and he said yeah. so i gave him the umd and i said look, he look at it and says yeah it does look use am going to talk 10% off it then. so i ended up walking out of there with brave story for 11$ best gamestop i've been in a long time:applause:[/QUOTE]

i was goin to pick up brave story for 16 but i just cant see spending 16 bucks on a game that i beat. that i think has no NEW GAME + mode and is under 20 hours long

great game though

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']quick question since I forget if it was part of the sale or not:

was soul calibur legends in the sale?[/QUOTE]

can someone answer this please?

bread's done
Back