GameStop Game Days Final clearance starts 6/30

Godfather Cloak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
ALmost all of the games in game days sale (aside from a few) will be on sale...even further starting 6/30 (for example Godfather will be 12.99 for xbox 360)

i read this in a email at work....so if you were considering buying something in game days...wait until the 30th..

Picked up C&C3 for $13.91 with tax, the guy also tried to give me a Games Day coupon to further lower the price, but it was expired, but awesome of him to try and save me even more money.

They also had Sonic for $15.99 (too much, if it was $10, maybe), Godfather for $14.99 (too much), Battlefield 2: MC ($15.99), and Hitman: Blood Money for $15.99 (I considered it, but didn't like the demo that much, so passed). They had a few more (Rockaway mall, downstairs GameStop), but those are just the ones I remember.

I got the only C&C3 left in that store though.

[quote name='bojay1997']. The fact that you accepted two used games and still paid the new price is just sad, especially since many of the games in this sale can be found used for less money.[/quote]

I dunno, I've seen games in this sale, for way cheaper than new or used. As a matter of fact the new price on the game I picked up was 29.99, if I paid 9 dollars and some change total, I've saved over 20 bucks. So should I too be making a big deal over an open box?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You know that you've got a good post on your hands when it starts like this...

Then...don't? No one told you to. I was merely telling people that WANTED to buy games and partake in the sale, but were hesitant, that many of the games were still sealed. Oh, my bad, though. You obviously needed to get your GameStop hate off your chest, so what was being discussed meant very little. It's all right. It will be ok one day.

Then...don't? Yes, I know, I used that already, but again, no one was telling YOU to do anything. So, please, stop flaunting your standards, as if people are going to be blown away. We've heard it all before. You're not a rebel against the corporate hacks, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Congrats? Considering I don't work for GameStop or own any share of the company, I don't really care if you burn one of their stores down. And considering that they put up record profits last year, I highly doubt "you and others you know" mean much to them.

...and I think it's sad that people like you still feel a need to come into GameStop deal topics and complain about policy. It's getting so old, it isn't even funny. If you want to complain about this stuff, there is a board you can discuss your shopping experiences.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I'm not anti-corporate. 95% of my games come from Amazon, Fry's, Best Buy and Target. I'm also not some hardcore, dedicated Gamestop basher. I was simply providing a contradictory opinion to your posting claiming that the games in the sale are new. You should take a look at your own experience and just accept that only 50% (2 of 4) of the games you purchased were new. Heck, as some other postings have noted, certain GS stores won't even accept their own "new", gutted games for returns because they are opened.

I'm just as fascinated with all the Gamestop apologists who crop up in these posts as you are with the alleged bashers. The people who post things like "the manual was only a little bent" or "it only took me a few minutes to peel off all the stickers on the case". I don't get why you are willing to accept substandard quality in exchange for saving just a little bit of money (and often not that much when you factor in no tax and free shipping from on-line retailers). Still, you are free to accept whatever crap product they put out and feel good about it if you'd like.

When we as CAGs discuss a deal, it has always been acceptable to talk about various aspects of that deal (i.e. shipping is too expensive or slow or the items are not as advertised). If you don't want to read posts like that, you don't have to. Just skip over them.

By the way, I would never ordinarily use the phrase "here's the deal". I only did it because I was so fascinated by your arrogance at including it in your own post.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't get why you are willing to accept substandard quality in exchange for saving just a little bit of money (and often not that much when you factor in no tax and free shipping from on-line retailers). Still, you are free to accept whatever crap product they put out and feel good about it if you'd like.
[/quote]

Thanks, man. Hopefully someday everyone will spend their own money the way you see fit. :roll:

[quote name='DojoMax']I dunno, I've seen games in this sale, for way cheaper than new or used. As a matter of fact the new price on the game I picked up was 29.99, if I paid 9 dollars and some change total, I've saved over 20 bucks. So should I too be making a big deal over an open box?[/QUOTE]

Considering Amazon matched many of the deals or beat them by significant amounts in some cases (i.e. I got Timeshift Xbox360 for $13.88 last week) and the games are new, shipped free and without sales tax, I would dispute your claim that you did better than new or used. Like I said earlier, if you're ok with a used game at those prices, nobody is going to stop you from buying it. I'm just saying that as someone who only buys new games, I won't buy stuff in a sale that they intentionally gutted, especially when the same games can be had for the same or lower prices from other retailers. If Gamestop had put the additional sale prices as of the 30th on their website, I may have purchased them there in those few cases where the prices were cheaper, but only because the on-line operation generally does not sell used games as new. I'm really not sure why we are even still debating this, but that's just how I feel about this issue personally.

[quote name='bojay1997']Considering Amazon matched many of the deals or beat them by significant amounts in some cases (i.e. I got Timeshift Xbox360 for $13.88 last week) and the games are new, shipped free and without sales tax, I would dispute your claim that you did better than new or used.[/quote]

Facts trump rhetoric

------------------------Gamestop / Amazon
Tekken 5 (ps2) --------------7.99 /19.99
Soul Caliber II (ps2) ---------8.99 /NA*
Midway Arcade (psp) --------8.99 /19.79*
C&C III (360) ---------------12.99/ 21.11*
Need for Speed:Carbon (360) 9.99/ 24.99*

*Not sold by Amazon, not eligible for free shipping.

I'm only doing this because you continue to crap on other people suggesting they've found deals.

If you can find prices that even nearly match this online, why not share them instead of blankly insulting us "sad" people?

[quote name='salty tbone']Thanks, man. Hopefully someday everyone will spend their own money the way you see fit. :roll:[/quote]

[quote name='salty tbone']Facts trump rhetoric

------------------------Gamestop / Amazon
Tekken 5 (ps2) --------------7.99 /19.99
Soul Caliber II (ps2) ---------8.99 /NA*
Midway Arcade (psp) --------8.99 /19.79*
C&C III (360) ---------------12.99/ 21.11*
Need for Speed:Carbon (360) 9.99/ 24.99*

*Not sold by Amazon, not eligible for free shipping.

I'm only doing this because you continue to crap on other people suggesting they've found deals.

If you can find prices that even nearly match this online, why not share them instead of blankly insulting us "sad" people?[/quote]

Thank you. :applause: But here we are...being sad, right? :roll:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Thank you. :applause: But here we are...being sad, right? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Except that was not your point at all, was it? Your point was that used games are the same as new and that we should all be happy with what we get because we saved a few bucks. I'm not accusing anyone of being sad, I just think it's sad that people are willing to accept less than what they should be getting because they don't stand up to retailers who engage in shady practices. I can't help but appreciate the irony of the giant picture of George Carlin in your signature. While Carlin questioned everything in our society, you just accept it all, no matter how crappy and more disappointingly, you are encouraging others to do the same. There's really nothing else to say.

I hear you, bojay.

Some people like buying games new, some people don't mind if they're used. Great, to each their own! But if we are all honest I think we can agree that if a company sells you a "new" game, for the full new game price, that game should actually be, you know... new.

Opened =/= new.

New =/= sealed. For some people new means unplayed by anyone. And just because it is gutted, doesn't mean it's been played.

As someone that has worked in multiple retail "big box" stores , I would never pay full price for something tho has never left the store is not in its "Original packaging".

This is going to effect return policies especially at holiday time. If you have ever worked in retail you would know the trials that merchendise goes thru at the hands of employees. not to say they dog em , but with ur next-gen systems health at stake and $60 price tags, its a valid argument.

Even though that jr. bacon cheeseburger is new in the wrapper, what if you knew it was dropped????

While Carlin questioned everything in our society, you just accept it all, no matter how crappy and more disappointingly, you are encouraging others to do the same.
LMAO! I love how you can draw up an entire personality profile from what I said about GameStop. You're like a genius or something! Can you see into my...MIND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

There's really nothing else to say.
Then, why don't you shut up...oh wait...that would make sense...sorry.

People wouldn't complain as much about gutted copies if GS offered 10% off, solely based on the concept that they technically used the case to display the product, which in turn motivates many purchases including yours. This, in my opinion, the right thing to do on their behalf. On a side note I picked up Carbon, Godfather & Street for $33 today, Carbon being gutted, but for $10 I'll live lol

Can you all just please shut up? Go take your arguing elsewhere you little girls.

Big deal, they gut the games. They should print up mock covers to put on display, but they don't. TOO BAD. Get over it.

This arguing about gutted games is getting old. If you really don't like it, don't shop there.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Can you all just please shut up? Go take your arguing elsewhere you little girls.

Big deal, they gut the games. They should print up mock covers to put on display, but they don't. TOO BAD. Get over it.

This arguing about gutted games is getting old. If you really don't like it, don't shop there.[/quote]Or you could have just ignored the topic, this topic is as old as this site, get used to it...

2 of the 3 "gutted" games I got seemed never to be used. They were pristine and had that "POP" that only a new game makes when being removed from the case. Other was fine too. I don't care anyway, most of my games are used. I just look for complete when possible.

:360:
Burnout Revenge $13
C&C Tiberiun Wars $13
Need for Speed Carbon $10

I'm happy with those prices!

[quote name='funkflexmctough']2 of the 3 "gutted" games I got seemed never to be used. They were pristine and had that "POP" that only a new game makes when being removed from the case. Other was fine too. I don't care anyway, most of my games are used. I just look for complete when possible.

:360:
Burnout Revenge $13
C&C Tiberiun Wars $13
Need for Speed Carbon $10

I'm happy with those prices![/quote]

Sorry for the noobish question. Was a coupon needed to get C&C at $13?

I got a copy of Dementium: The Ward from the Gamedays sale, and it had a save game on it. Not new. Of course, because the seal was broken, there was no way to tell...

...which is the *obvious* point. Played or not played doesn't matter because no one can tell on something like a DVD whether it's ever been put in the player or not. You pay for something new to get it in a state where you do have some nominal guarantee that what you're getting is, in fact, new. Gutted games aren't new. Period. The only people who would be arguing otherwise are people who don't care about being obviously ripped off. They're welcome to their opinion, and they're welcome to throw their money away as well.

...once again, why do people continue to complain about this in this thread? Is the GameStop policy thread? Nope. It's a thread about a deal. Take it elsewere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from gamespot. It was really worth it for me. Black label Way of the Samurai 2. I don't think it was final clearance but it was in that bin. $20, Crash Bandicoot box set, three different games $20, Dead or Alive Ultimate collectors addition with the box and everything, $9, Ace Combat zero $15, Soul Calibur III $9. Today worked out pretty well. I've been looking for some of these games. Also found a Joker bobble head at a book store. A little expensive. But worth it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']...once again, why do people continue to complain about this in this thread? Is the GameStop policy thread? Nope. It's a thread about a deal. Take it elsewere.[/quote]

agreed

[quote name='pete5883']New =/= sealed. For some people new means unplayed by anyone. And just because it is gutted, doesn't mean it's been played.[/quote]

Actually, it almost guarantees it. GS employees can play the copies as per many have said on here. I'm sure they take good care of it, but it's a principle issue not the actual condition itself.

I passed up Tekken 5 for 9 dollars, I might go back and pick it up, but I'm not sure yet; we'll see.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']apology accepted[/quote]

What's with some people on forums lately? You can reply but not help? I was only asking because the website is not reflecting the Gamedays clearance pricing.

I wanted to know if I find a copy stickered at $24.99 it will ring $13 at all stores.

TIA

It should ring up at $13. Just like for the regular Game Days sale, coupons are not needed. And why the hell are people being such fucking assholes on here? srsly. guy just asked a question....

[quote name='dg7md']Actually, it almost guarantees it. GS employees can play the copies as per many have said on here. I'm sure they take good care of it, but it's a principle issue not the actual condition itself.[/QUOTE]
#-o#-o
There are dozens, maybe hundreds of gutted games behind the counter. You think anyone cares to play most of them? When my Gamestop has gutted 15 copies of Monster Hunter Freedom 2, you're telling me that I'm "almost guaranteed" to get one that's played? :roll:

As for helava's claim that people are being "obviously ripped off," I'm not sure what other store is offering these games at these prices. MHF2 is 60% off right now. Even if you were to consider it used, it would be 55% off.

[quote name='bassec']Is this going on today still?[/quote]

Yes. I believe somewhere in this thread it's mentioned when this ends, but you'll definitely be good today.

Is MHF2 part of the final clearance deal?
My 2 local GBs told me that it went back up to the original price.
Just wondering if it's true or not

Picked up NBA Street Homecourt the other night for $9.99. I already beat it and got the majority of the achievements (except the online ones). Not really impressed with the game, but with the base trade in value at $6, I should come out like $1-$3 ahead after use the $10/$15 bonus trade-in coupon.

Picked up Harry Potter for PS3, this could be used as a nice gift. Also I asked the employee he said it will be ending the end of the wk. So looks like this deals are good till tomorrow?

Found Nervous Brickdown for $12.99 (gutted, though mint), NFS Carbon for $9.99 (new & sealed) and Ace Combat Zero for $15.99 (new & sealed).

Picked up Street Fighter 3 (PSP) for $8.99 (gutted, but mint/complete).

Also, my store was having a B2G3 free used DVD sales, might be YMMV though.

[quote name='sasukekun']Picked up Street Fighter 3 (PSP) for $8.99 (gutted, but mint/complete).

Also, my store was having a B2G3 free used DVD sales, might be YMMV though.[/QUOTE]

Its been reported the B2G3 dvd sale is chain wide for anyone out there wondering.

I went to Gamestop to use that 25 percent off deal on used games. They had the dvd sale going on and this too. I got Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max whatever edition for 9 bucks. I'm fucking pissed that Condemned 2 went back to retail :/ . Though the used copy is 25 dollars.

After that I went to EB games where I used my 25 percent print out, because they had Blue Dragon, second game I got was Phantasy Star Universe. I'm taking that one back tbh, I already had it on PC and just got it for the hell of it.

Any 17 dollars and so forth costing games I should get? I might just get my cash back (they will probably give me the discount money and not what hey charge :drool: ) and get Condemned 2.

[quote name='Link927']Its been reported the B2G3 dvd sale is chain wide for anyone out there wondering.[/quote]

Yep. Some stores even have B2G4.

bread's done
Back