Gamestop: Killer Is Dead LE PS3/360 $19.99, Online/In-store

Gamefly used games come with all extras. Only the game disk is passed around.
Someone posted in the Gamefly thread that they ordered Killer Is Dead and did not receive the limited edition extras. Most people who ordered Deus Ex way back didn't get the slipcover either. So it's not like it's foolproof. I need to figure out what the hell to do with my Gamefly copy now since I also picked up the LE at Gamestop today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too bought it from Gamefly, but only because I didn't realize this was going to be on sale. Apparently I got to my GS too late, they were out of the PS3 version, a store 40 minutes away had a couple in stock but decided it wasn't worth the trip. Ordered from Amazon along with something else to get the -$5 FB discount. Here's hoping it IS the LE.

thanks op! managed to grab the last ps3 copy at the only GS I stopped at.

guy behind me asked for one too as soon as he heard the manager talking to me saying it was $20. felt bad for him but not that bad since he debated picking up the last 360 copy later on.

the artbook is pretty nice!

Because my 360 is Japanese and is only used for the shumps. Otherwise I use my PS3. But if you would like to start the fanboy flaming feel free as I'll be out playing games while you justify why the 360 is so much better.
Let's not go there for a simple question. Was just stating the facts for games running on Unreal engine.

Apparently the 360 version is just as bad as the PS3 version in the tearing department on this one. But the PS3 version also requires a 4 gig install, so...
Oh didn't know both tears on this game. Guess I'll go PS3 route too as I have big HDD in mine. 4gb is nothing. ;)

I like his games too because the concepts and stories are crazy, funny, campy and/or insane. But many Suda51 fans seem completely oblivious to the fact that his games are generally terribly designed, have poor mechanics, look/run poorly and have downright mediocre gameplay.

His games are more "it's so bad that it's good" rather than simply being "good".
I've only played No More Heroes, but it was pretty much the opposite of what you described. It didn't have much substance and was over pretty fast, but it was well designed and had good mechanics and good gameplay.

To be fair Lollipop Chainsaw was terrible.

Caused me not to get this game earlier, and as it turns out this game is actually pretty good.
If this game is even half as good as Lollipop Chainsaw was, then I will really enjoy it. Lollipop Chainsaw was amazing.

Shadows of the Damned is about as solid a third person shooter as you're gonna see that doesn't have the word "Gears" on the box. But yeah, the jank is strong with Suda games.
I enjoyed SotD a lot too, but if you are talking about runner-ups to the Gears TPS throne, Binary Domain holds that spot.

Got mine yesterday since under 20 doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. I got the last copy altogether in my gamestop. It was a gut, but all they did was put out the extras and keep a sealed copied of the game in the drawer, so it was still fully complete.

Tldr; good deal, and for those saying they'll wait, I don't think there will be a Le for cheap.

My gamestop had tons of sealed LE copies in a bin. Was debating getting more than one since I have a feeling these will be very rare complete and sealed

If I can find it I'll probably grab it just for the music. Loved the Lollipop Chainsaw qnd SotD soundtracks even when my love for the game wavered.

Suda51 definitely has a style and he's not for everyone.

Apparently the 360 version is just as bad as the PS3 version in the tearing department on this one. But the PS3 version also requires a 4 gig install, so...
Well, that's mildly annoying if the 360 version is just as bad as the PS3 version for screen tearing.

Guess it's ordering the one that lists the LE contents in the description to try and ensure the LE items.

Got mine yesterday since under 20 doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. I got the last copy altogether in my gamestop. It was a gut, but all they did was put out the extras and keep a sealed copied of the game in the drawer, so it was still fully complete.

Tldr; good deal, and for those saying they'll wait, I don't think there will be a Le for cheap.
Just grabbed what was apparently the last PS3 LE at a local Gamestop. Mine was gutted as well but everything was there and the game itself was still sealed so I can't complain too much. Don't care for the sticker on the box but I didn't feel like driving/calling all over to try to find a sealed copy.

Let's not go there for a simple question. Was just stating the facts for games running on Unreal engine.
Well from an earlier post it looks as if the 360 version has issues as well, so it looks like your "fact" has no base. Besides, who cares about screen tearing? Jak II had tons of it but was still an awesome game to play.

Well from an earlier post it looks as if the 360 version has issues as well, so it looks like your "fact" has no base. Besides, who cares about screen tearing? Jak II had tons of it but was still an awesome game to play.
Honestly, it's not something that I notice in most games that get massive complaints about this, but KiD is BAD. As in absolutely terrible to the point of me wanting to just stop playing this game because it was so jarring. If it's bad for me, I can't imagine how bad it would be for people that notice it on games that I don't notice it on.

Honestly, it's not something that I notice in most games that get massive complaints about this, but KiD is BAD. As in absolutely terrible to the point of me wanting to just stop playing this game because it was so jarring. If it's bad for me, I can't imagine how bad it would be for people that notice it on games that I don't notice it on.

Have you played Jak II on the PS2? They may have cleaned it up on the HD Collection but it was so bad my buddy almost threw up for how bad it was lol.

There are a lot of people who care. Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't. It's all subjective. However, If you google Unreal Engine PS3 Screen Tearing, you will easily see my "facts". I've played enough Unreal Engine games on both consoles to conclude that "fact" too. Like you said, someone has stated both versions tear. In that case, I'd get the PS3 version but you cannot deny the "fact" that games running this engine tears 90% of the time more than 360.

Tearing is something that should never exist in a SP game. It is certainly what kept me from playing Dragon's Dogma, it's fucking awful

Gotta bump this and say thanks CAG. Great deal for a collector's edition if you can still find this. Never been so happy to have missed a Gamefly sale! (When this was $15)

And the game is stylish as hell and interesting so far. Already enjoying it more than Shadows of the Damned

Has anyone ordered the 360 version from Amazon of late and received the LE?  The above comments seem to be related to the PS3 version specifically.  I'd rather not go to Gamestop unless I have to.

Thanks!

Like any LE, once they sell out they ship the regular edition. I ordered Tales of XIllia on Black Friday when the product description was for the LE, I confirmed with customer service that it was the LE, and I still got the regular edition. Going to Gamestop is the only way to guarantee you'll get an LE.

Randomly went to GS today since it was in the area I was in and they had 8 PS3 copies accordin' to the manager. His eyes got big when he saw the price lol.

I was just expectin' a regular case with some DLC codes, not a box. Good shit. Mad props OP.

Has anyone ordered the 360 version from Amazon of late and received the LE? The above comments seem to be related to the PS3 version specifically. I'd rather not go to Gamestop unless I have to.

Thanks!
I bought the game from amazon in early Nov. for $40 and received the LE. I've enjoyed Suda 51's games, though admittedly disliked Killer 7 and never quite got into Shadows of the Damned. Killer is a good game; IMHO the gem got unfairly trashed for its depiction of women, which frankly is strange given all Japanese games are like this ...

I got the LE Tuesday from amazon for ps3.

This is now $20 dollars on amazon. I called amazon about the recent price drop and they refunded me 10 dollars.

I went into the store. I managed to get the lat copy of it, and it was the LE. It came with everything also. The outer box is a little beaten up, but at least it is complete.

bread's done
Back