Gamestop: Killer Is Dead LE PS3/360 $19.99, Online/In-store

Think I got BS'd hardcore by an employee at a store here.

Went to get a copy for PS3 and the guy could not find it, asked another guy who quickly snapped "That game isnt out yet!", I kind of just looked down and pointed to the display to prove it was out and on sale (They had a 19.99$ sale sign). He then starts saying "I think its only on PS4 and Xbox One" or some stupid shit, then after 5 minutes they both give up and say they cant find it.

I go home to place an instore pickup since they claimed their copy was an LE, and get an email kicked back saying it was unable to be held and now the copy is gone. (Only store in the area I know how to get to, next closest is like 20+ minutes)

Yep, I got mine on the 7th. Heard it was going till the 15 or so. Snagged the last one at my preferred store and the employee wasn't even aware of the price cut. He was kinda bummed I was getting the last one for 20, said he has been waiting for it to drop.

Went to get a copy for PS3 and the guy could not find it, asked another guy who quickly snapped "That game isnt out yet!", I kind of just looked down and pointed to the display to prove it was out and on sale (They had a 19.99$ sale sign). He then starts saying "I think its only on PS4 and Xbox One" or some stupid shit, then after 5 minutes they both give up and say they cant find it.

I go home to place an instore pickup since they claimed their copy was an LE, and get an email kicked back saying it was unable to be held and now the copy is gone. (Only store in the area I know how to get to, next closest is like 20+ minutes)
i am surprised you gave up so easily, when you took a plane trip to get the pikachu 3ds xl from walmart. LOL

i am surprised you gave up so easily, when you took a plane trip to get the pikachu 3ds xl from walmart. LOL
Was in a rush to get home because its snowing like a motherfucker and cars are already getting stuck left and right on the roads.

Normally I wouldn't have, but I was already in a good mood and didnt want to ruin it. Plus it seemed like they were kind of refusing to look anymore, I had checked all over the shelves, and the guy was just half ass-edly going through the drawers behind the counters

Last edited by a moderator:
Was in a rush to get home because its snowing like a motherfucker and cars are already getting stuck left and right on the roads.

Normally I wouldn't have, but I was already in a good mood and didnt want to ruin it
should of did it, and brave the snow just for thrill of it

should of did it, and brave the snow just for thrill of it
I'd prefer not getting stuck in single digit weather while most of my family is out of town in an area I barely know. Plus I really wanted to get home and set up my new (And hopefully not pre-bricked) Xbox One

Not joking, I would call the store and get the number of the DM and explain what happened, my thought is the guy wanted it and was giving you the run around, don't let hipster fucks jerk you around dude. I'm banned from 3 GS stores in my area due to my asshole attitude towards those twats. Still got my games in the end and have the DM on speed dial, I'm not above being a jerk to an employee that likes to be cute. I work in retail and kiss customer ass all day long, some register jockey is NOT going to be a tool to me and still have a job.

Not joking, I would call the store and get the number of the DM and explain what happened, my thought is the guy wanted it and was giving you the run around, don't let hipster fucks jerk you around dude. I'm banned from 3 GS stores in my area due to my asshole attitude towards those twats. Still got my games in the end and have the DM on speed dial, I'm not above being a jerk to an employee that likes to be cute. I work in retail and kiss customer ass all day long, some register jockey is NOT going to be a tool to me and still have a job.
I might, I really am trying to lay low currently. About to move to this area soon and this is the only store close by so I don't want to start off with a store hating me

Part of me thinks the employees were just lazy assholes. The deal has been going on long enough (And the fact they literally had a display opposite of the register).

Got the last 360 copy at my local store last night. It was gutted, but the manager at that store is usually very nice so I didn't mind. The associate checked to make sure all the special bits were inside.

FYI I Got Fry's to PM Gamestop.com. Seems as tho they only carry the LE at my Fry's in Concord, CA so if anyone has a Fry's nearby they are usually good at PMing prices at least in all my experiences with them. Good Luck!

FYI I Got Fry's to PM Gamestop.com. Seems as tho they only carry the LE at my Fry's in Concord, CA so if anyone has a Fry's nearby they are usually good at PMing prices at least in all my experiences with them. Good Luck!
All initial copies were the LE, so it's probably just the same situation as other stores where a lot of copies on shelves are still early shipments/LE copies.

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to snag a sealed LE for PS3 in the Portland, OR area (which still has a couple of copies around) tonight.  For $20 I will bite!  Thanks for the heads up everyone!

:wave:

Is this still going? I keep forgetting to check when I goto gamestop cuz I've been grabbing 75% off PS2 games the last few days and I keep forgetting this Killer id Dead deal. So is it still alive and kicking?

Is this still going? I keep forgetting to check when I goto gamestop cuz I've been grabbing 75% off PS2 games the last few days and I keep forgetting this Killer id Dead deal. So is it still alive and kicking?
Yes, I just picked up a sealed copy.

Ordered from Amazon. I think I'm getting the LE since the weight for the package is 1.2lbs. Standard game packaging is usually no more than 8oz, give or take.

Got the last gutted PS3 copy from my local Gamestop.  Gutted is still kind of disappointing, but it kind of gives me an incentive to play the game.

I still can remember when a former Gamestop employee called me: "One those people."  For wanting my games complete with box art/manual and preferring my new games sealed. 

Got the last gutted PS3 copy from my local Gamestop. Gutted is still kind of disappointing, but it kind of gives me an incentive to play the game.

I still can remember when a former Gamestop employee called me: "One those people." For wanting my games complete with box art/manual and preferring my new games sealed.
Really, how dare customers pay new game prices and expect the games to actually be new?! The nerve of "those people"!

Seriously, they should give a 5% discount or something when buying a LIKE new gutted game.

Got the last gutted PS3 copy from my local Gamestop. Gutted is still kind of disappointing, but it kind of gives me an incentive to play the game.

I still can remember when a former Gamestop employee called me: "One those people." For wanting my games complete with box art/manual and preferring my new games sealed.
Some people are so entitled. I know when I buy a new game, I expect to get the game and anything else, like box art, box, manual, disc art or it being in working condition are luxuries I count as a bonus.

Really, how dare customers pay new game prices and expect the games to actually be new?! The nerve of "those people"!

Seriously, they should give a 5% discount or something when buying a LIKE new gutted game.
Unfortunately, a lot of people don't really care about a game being gutted.

I saw someone buy a gutted Halo 4 game and they just took the game in the paper envelope, didn't even bother getting the case.

I might, I really am trying to lay low currently. About to move to this area soon and this is the only store close by so I don't want to start off with a store hating me

Part of me thinks the employees were just lazy assholes. The deal has been going on long enough (And the fact they literally had a display opposite of the register).

So youre letting a store control the way you react and behave? Im really not trying to offend you or attack you but that is awful and grow some balls. You want to lay low so you don't piss off a store? The store should be bowing and scraping to you the customer, not you cow tailing to them, what the hell is wrong with you? Youre the one giving them money.

Besides you obviously have the internet, good god man you have thousands of sources to buy games from. Hell do you even realize how much money you can save by shopping other places other than gamestop?

Gamestop is a shit company that is run by 90% employees that are just kids who don't give a shit. I treat lamestop as a supplemental store at best. I buy games off ebay, bestbuy, amazon, newegg, toys r us, walmart and so on, I go where the best deals and offers are and 95% of it isn't gamestop. I use lamestop as a source for odds and ends on used games, or if they have a good deal on filler used games. Lamestop gets my scraps and that's it. But they are too shitty of a company and I stand up for myself way too much to even for a second let them make me act like a whipped pussy because I desperately feel the need to make them happy so they will let me in their precious store. fuck that nonsense.

Lamestop has some managed to convince a whole lot of people that they are somehow this pinnacle of retail gaming. That they have insight and savvy into gaming. Their employees are knowledgeable and industry personnel and all this non sense when in reality, they are just a store, and they have a lot of stores. But I can always find better prices, better rewards programs, better customer service, bigger selections, better ways to get more money out of games traded and so on other places.

Again, not trying to offend hehe.

Normally I wouldn't have, but I was already in a good mood and didnt want to ruin it. Plus it seemed like they were kind of refusing to look anymore, I had checked all over the shelves, and the guy was just half ass-edly going through the drawers behind the counters
Or maybe someone was holding it for themselves. They keep a 'hold' drawer for the employees of certain gems.

Or maybe someone was holding it for themselves. They keep a 'hold' drawer for the employees of certain gems.
I have seen this done too many times to count. I always tell my friends to NEVER call ahead because if the employees find a deal because of you calling then you'll never see that game.

I got my copy recently from GS. The game is a little different than I was expecting. The gameplay is super fun but the story has me lost.

Just got it in the mail from Gamestop.com, and ended up being the limited edition box. Not bad at all, it feels pretty heavy so it must be at least a decent quality artbook (compared to the "pamphlet" crap that often gets thrown in with these "free upgrade" editions). I was expecting the regular version, I would have been ok either way as even regular edition would have been a pretty good deal. This game will probably disappear from retailers before it falls much less than $19.99.  

They used to do that, the store manager could do a shop worn code and take up to 10% off. Of course they would never do this now as it more important to bleed the customer. Btw, you can thank the District and Regional manager for all the BS that company pulls. Don't let someone tell you otherwise.

They used to do that, the store manager could do a shop worn code and take up to 10% off. Of course they would never do this now as it more important to bleed the customer. Btw, you can thank the District and Regional manager for all the BS that company pulls. Don't let someone tell you otherwise.
I still don't understand exactly *WHY* they do this.

What is the incentive to "gut" their games? Why not just have 1 or 2 gutted copies on the shelf for display (and for the employees to demo, or whatever it is they do) - and the rest should be kept 100% sealed.

I know it turns me off from shopping there (in stores), and I just can't imagine what they get out of it. You would think if it even drove onlly a few customers away, they would think "hey, this is stupid, let's not do it".

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't really care about a game being gutted.

I saw someone buy a gutted Halo 4 game and they just took the game in the paper envelope, didn't even bother getting the case.
They paid full price for that?! That's why GS treats customers any way they want...because people like that person lets them do it.

I've never knew about the shop worn code. The first store I went to tried to sell me a gutted Killer is Dead. I asked if there was a discount because I wasn't going to pay the new price for something that is no longer new. Needless to say I went to another store and found a sealed one.

What is the incentive to "gut" their games? Why not just have 1 or 2 gutted copies on the shelf for display (and for the employees to demo, or whatever it is they do) - and the rest should be kept 100% sealed.

I know it turns me off from shopping there (in stores), and I just can't imagine what they get out of it. You would think if it even drove onlly a few customers away, they would think "hey, this is stupid, let's not do it".
This. Also, isn't there a consumer law or something that prohibits stores from selling opened items as new?

thinking about ordering this. whats the chances of it being the ps3 limited edition from either amazon or gamestop.com? thanks

sorry I thought the sale price was 29.99 for some reason. wanted to get it if there was a chance of getting a limited edition

A long time ago, maybe about 10 or 12 years ago. I once tried telling the exact same thing to one Gamestop employee about having one game gutted for display. Then another said if I really wanted something sealed that I should pre-order it.

My new copy of Killer is Dead from Gamestop should have gotten the additional 10% off for being stickered to death. The employee did inform me that it was the last copy, which the available at store locator on Gamestop's website says otherwise.

Unless the Gamestop's website isn't updated every month, which was about the how long ago I bought the game.

I usually don't have a problem removing Gamestop stickers when it comes to plastic disc cases. It was a real pain having to remove the numerous Gamestop stickers from the paper box.

In the end, I probably could have just refused, taking a gamble with Amazon getting a vanilla copy sealed instead.

How I wish I could play this...

I got my copy in weeks ago that I ordered from Amazon. Opened it up, popped it in the 360, and it won't read the disk. Ugh...

bread's done
Back