Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah 9/10 my store usually have a sealed copy and give it to me because I’m a regular and the other 1/10 is the circle sticker but it’s a first time I’ve had this happen. Made it feel very awkward and like I was buying from a pawn shop. I was planning on opening it when I got around to playing it but it’s such a eye sore and out of place that I just got rid of the “plastic sleeve”.
As far as I know, the sleeve is fairly new, but I prefer it to the circle tab if I'm going to open it. Less of a mess.

And yes, PIllars of Eternity on Xbox was converted to used. I picked up a copy the first day it was on sale and the store had yet to actually put them in the used drawers. Guy couldn't find the used they had, and grabbed a new copy. Rang up at the used price, so I got a factory sealed used game. Reverse Gamestop?

So I have 2 Xbox one S's I want to trade in. Can I use 2 different poweruprewards accounts (one has my name attached to it and one has my "nickname") to take advantage $25 extra coupons I have attached to each account.

I'm in FL so I would be using the same DL for each.

Just wanted to check if I would get banned since I've never used my secondary account to trade in (only used to buy). 

So I have 2 Xbox one S's I want to trade in. Can I use 2 different poweruprewards accounts (one has my name attached to it and one has my "nickname") to take advantage $25 extra coupons I have attached to each account.

I'm in FL so I would be using the same DL for each.

Just wanted to check if I would get banned since I've never used my secondary account to trade in (only used to buy).
GameStop regional manager here, I've banned both your accounts

As far as I know, the sleeve is fairly new, but I prefer it to the circle tab if I'm going to open it. Less of a mess.

And yes, PIllars of Eternity on Xbox was converted to used. I picked up a copy the first day it was on sale and the store had yet to actually put them in the used drawers. Guy couldn't find the used they had, and grabbed a new copy. Rang up at the used price, so I got a factory sealed used game. Reverse Gamestop?
Years ago when the 360 was new-ish I got a converted to used sonic collection for 360 that the guy wouldn't sell it to until he opened it himself, put a sticker on it and then rang it as used lol.

What's the highest AC: Origins has been in the past couple months? I was sure I could get $40+ after I got it on Black Friday, but between then and now it hasn't exceeded $34 (w/ trade boosts) AFAIK. Same with Evil Within 2 and Nier Automata.

Thanks. I moved some credit over with Origins. The guy at Gamestop who is always kinda suspicions of my transactions noticed me buying them though. I'm gonna be a bit paranoid about my account for the next few days or so.

Also noticed at my local Best Buy a new sign...they are limiting variable gift card purchases to 200 now, limit 3 per customer. Said that people were buying up too many gift cards.
Is that limit per transaction or per account over time? Was just curious in case that policy becomes nationwide.

My Switch 50% bonus TIV coupon was still in my active offers all morning and I thought it would stay all day...I waited too late to try and use it, now it's gone.  

Did it linger/work for anyone else today? 

My Switch 50% bonus TIV coupon was still in my active offers all morning and I thought it would stay all day...I waited too late to try and use it, now it's gone.

Did it linger/work for anyone else today?
It's weird, mine went away also. But when I traded in a couple Switch games (30 mins ago), it bumped up the values automatically. Scribblenauts and Lego Worlds are $12 base, Lego Ninjago is $13 base. I saved the screenshot of the extra 50% just in case it went away but nothing happened when they scanned it.[attachment=29893:20180325_175800.jpg]

It's weird, mine went away also. But when I traded in a couple Switch games (30 mins ago), it bumped up the values automatically. Scribblenauts and Lego Worlds are $12 base, Lego Ninjago is $13 base. I saved the screenshot of the extra 50% just in case it went away but nothing happened when they scanned it.
attachicon.gif
20180325_175800.jpg
So you got he extra 50% bump without them having to even scan the active offer coupon? $12 plus 50% is $6, but somehow that promo gave you $6.50. I'm confused, lol.

Couldn’t find a sealed copy of Witcher 3 Complete on Xb1 out of four stores. Two didn’t have it and two only had the gutted copy :(
I’m not going to encourage their practice of gutting copies by buying it. Was really hoping to get it from them to burn through some of the credit I just got for trading on my og xb1

It's weird, mine went away also. But when I traded in a couple Switch games (30 mins ago), it bumped up the values automatically. Scribblenauts and Lego Worlds are $12 base, Lego Ninjago is $13 base. I saved the screenshot of the extra 50% just in case it went away but nothing happened when they scanned it. 20180325_175800.jpg
Maybe it's the extra $20 promo when you trade in 3 switch games?

So you got he extra 50% bump without them having to even scan the active offer coupon? $12 plus 50% is $6, but somehow that promo gave you $6.50. I'm confused, lol.
Yeah i have no idea lol. I got a bump without having to scan anything. Although I remembered they have the extra $20 for trading in 3 Switch games, so that might be where the bump came from. I wasn't paying attention to the screen until all 3 games were scanned so I dunno if the first two games were bumped before the third game was scanned.

Edit: okay yeah, I did the math. Got the bump from the extra $20 promo. 14.4+14.4+15.6 + 20 = 64.4

My bad lol

I have an active offer giving $10 extra trade in on “select Switch titles”. A, does anyone know what these select titles are, and B, would it stack with the 40% Far Cry bonus? So I’m trading in Zelda, which is $25 base, $30 with elite pro, $35 with the 40% promotion. So if I used that barcode, would it jump to $45 in credit? Both offers, the 40% and extra $10, amount to $10.

It's weird, mine went away also. But when I traded in a couple Switch games (30 mins ago), it bumped up the values automatically. Scribblenauts and Lego Worlds are $12 base, Lego Ninjago is $13 base. I saved the screenshot of the extra 50% just in case it went away but nothing happened when they scanned it. 20180325_175800.jpg
Promo #21176 is the $20 for 3 Switch games bonus.

I have an active offer giving $10 extra trade in on “select Switch titles”. A, does anyone know what these select titles are, and B, would it stack with the 40% Far Cry bonus? So I’m trading in Zelda, which is $25 base, $30 with elite pro, $35 with the 40% promotion. So if I used that barcode, would it jump to $45 in credit? Both offers, the 40% and extra $10, amount to $10.
From the OP (and also posted maybe a dozen other times):

Get $10 bonus credit when you trade in SELECT Nintendo Switch games

Zelda, Odyssey, Mario Kart, Pokken, Xenoblade 2, Arms, 1-2 Switch, and Splatoon 2

It's weird, mine went away also. But when I traded in a couple Switch games (30 mins ago), it bumped up the values automatically. Scribblenauts and Lego Worlds are $12 base, Lego Ninjago is $13 base. I saved the screenshot of the extra 50% just in case it went away but nothing happened when they scanned it.
attachicon.gif
20180325_175800.jpg
You didn't get the 50% bump. You got the extra $20 for trading in 3 switch games.

Thanks. I moved some credit over with Origins. The guy at Gamestop who is always kinda suspicions of my transactions noticed me buying them though. I'm gonna be a bit paranoid about my account for the next few days or so.

Also noticed at my local Best Buy a new sign...they are limiting variable gift card purchases to 200 now, limit 3 per customer. Said that people were buying up too many gift cards.
Does Best Buy allow buying gift cards with trade credit? Sorry, don't have a Best Buy here so never tried it

I tried moving some games to BB yesterday with GameStop cases, and the CS rep wouldn’t accept them. He said he needed the barcode from the game case. Is that standard? Sry I know this is more of a BB question, but it may help someone else as well.

I tried moving some games to BB yesterday with GameStop cases, and the CS rep wouldn’t accept them. He said he needed the barcode from the game case. Is that standard? Sry I know this is more of a BB question, but it may help someone else as well.
Generally BB accepts disc only games, but can be YMMV depending on the associate you get. I think you’d be better off trading them in in a generic case, as opposed to a Gamestop one.

Generally BB accepts disc only games, but can be YMMV depending on the associate you get. I think you’d be better off trading them in in a generic case, as opposed to a Gamestop one.
I even asked if they take disc-only games, and the guy said no. He also acted like he hated his life, so that could have something to do with it. I may just trade in through mail. Thanks!

Huge bump on xbox One console credit, do we have an idea when that ends? My 2TB is worth $210
I believe the bump happened Friday for consoles. Not sure how long it’ll last.

I even asked if they take disc-only games, and the guy said no. He also acted like he hated his life, so that could have something to do with it. I may just trade in through mail. Thanks!
If you trade your game in through the mail you don't get the GCU bonus amount.

If you trade your game in through the mail you don't get the GCU bonus amount.
Yes but ...

Since everything is done by email you could potentially have as many dummy accounts as you want and can then trade an infinite number of games without hitting any game trade limits thereby surpassing any loss of gcu bonuses.

If
Huge bump on xbox One console credit, do we have an idea when that ends? My 2TB is worth $210
I had to guess I would think the value may drop by Wednesday. Trying to debate an outing trading my 2tb in as well as it would be 235 with the coupon. I really only use it to watch movies or stream as I have a one x.

Also playing the "to wait for a bump or not to wait" game. 

I have some non-mario switch games like Monopoly and NBA 2k18 and I'm wondering whether to trade now or gamble for a weekend bump.  But tomorrow or Wednesday could also bring a TIV drop. 

Hey guys, sorry for the potentially stupid question. My friend wants to trade in his OG PS4 but never ever shops at GS. I'm willing to let him use my Pro acct for the extra bump. Of course the credit goes on my PUR card. Could he just buy a giftcard with what he gets i TIV so he don't have to deal with my PUR card? He will prob buy Far Cry with the trade in but there will be some credit leftover. Thanks!

Hey guys, sorry for the potentially stupid question. My friend wants to trade in his OG PS4 but never ever shops at GS. I'm willing to let him use my Pro acct for the extra bump. Of course the credit goes on my PUR card. Could he just buy a giftcard with what he gets i TIV so he don't have to deal with my PUR card? He will prob buy Far Cry with the trade in but there will be some credit leftover. Thanks!
No need to buy gc. Just have then put it on a separate trade card.

Don't put the trade credit on your PUR card. Let the employee put it on a trade card. Then your friend can use that trade card whenever he wants.

Some cards, yes. I have been trying to load up on Disney cards so I can take my two kids later this year.
I’m in the exact same boat. I’ve challenged myself to try to get Disney gift cards as cheaply as possible by leveraging all deals to GS, then GS to B.B. and then back and forth as is possible (given BB’s anemic trade values it isn’t easy).

Do you have any trouble buying Disney gift cards in your local B.B.? I’ve heard some stores bar it.

I’m in the exact same boat. I’ve challenged myself to try to get Disney gift cards as cheaply as possible by leveraging all deals to GS, then GS to B.B. and then back and forth as is possible (given BB’s anemic trade values it isn’t easy).

Do you have any trouble buying Disney gift cards in your local B.B.? I’ve heard some stores bar it.
no trouble for me, but I wear my mickey ears

Somewhat off topic, but if you have a Target credit card, you can buy Disney Gift Cards with 5% off.

My girlfriend goes to Disney World all the time. She buys $1000+ dollars worth of Disney Gift Cards with her Target credit card to get 5% off.

Bring in a truckload of hdmi cables and tell them they're ps4 hardware. Get an extra $25 on each cable with coupon.
You joke but those buttholes wouldn't even take my ps4 without the micro USB cable. I walked down to the dollar store and got one for $1. They wanted to deduct $20 from the total.

Can anyone confirm that they are getting $10 in rewards for purchasing FarCry 5? I went into a store on Friday and they had no idea what I was talking about

Somewhat off topic, but if you have a Target credit card, you can buy Disney Gift Cards with 5% off.
My girlfriend goes to Disney World all the time. She buys $1000+ dollars worth of Disney Gift Cards with her Target credit card to get 5% off.
5% savings is 5%. But seems kind of low. It is a $50 savings on $1000. But people were getting nearly double that on top tier switch games last week with elite, the 50% coupon, and B2G1.

$178.50 - $88 = $90.50

Move that to BB on even money trades and you get $90 of free disney gc on $88 spent. If you could repeat that 5 or 6 times your at a 50% savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back