Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded my PS4 slim and monster hunter for an iPad pro last month and wanted to get the GoW one. Thanks for the response mates!
Is this normal? Do people just drop $400 dollars on a console and get rid of it within a couple of months? Then want to buy another one for $400? I get it if you were upgrading, I mean I traded in my launch og PS4 for the monster Hunter pro. Which made it worth it.

I dont care how people spend their money, I am just trying to understand the logic involved.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is this normal? Do people just drop $400 dollars on a console and get rid of it within a couple of months? Then want to buy another one for $400? I get it if you were upgrading, I mean I traded in my launch og PS4 for the monster Hunter pro. Which made it worth it.

I dont care how people spend their money, I am just trying to understand the logic involved
In the past year I have sold my original PS4, bought a PS4 pro, sold it to buy a Switch, then bought a slim from GameStop Black Friday deal and realized I wasn't going to play it so I sold it. Then I bought an old firmware PS4 to play with homebrew, realized I didn't care enough and sold that. There are not many people like me: I impulse buy with great hopes and then quickly sell because I hate to have my things laying around unused.

I bought a pro and traded in a few months later for 300$ During last year promo...don’t have a 4K tv and I didn’t see any differences

What would be the best way to upgrade to a one x tho? Yall think any deals will come with state of decay I would love to get 175 for my 1s 1tb without having to buy god of war...I should wait till e3 tho

I just checked in with my local store about my dark souls + amiibo pre-orders that disappeared. They said the pre orders are still there but they changed the release date to year 0001 instead of 2018 since theres no firm release date yet. so the system thinks they already came out and they don't show in the app. So dont worry folks. Your pre-orders are still valid and they will pop back up when theres a release date.

I dont care how people spend their money, I am just trying to understand the logic involved.

Depends. I sometimes just buy consoles to play a certain game or games. Did that with the switch twice. And did it just recently with the PS4 pro I had (though with that, I planned on not buying another PlayStation until the ps5 came out). Still on the fence, as I'm really hoping that ps5 is backwards compatible (but at the same time I have a stack of games that are losing value and I don't know if I want to wait 1-2 years or longer for the ps5).

My Yakuza 6 premium edition arrived today. Total out of pocket cost ~$16.

I learned that

1) you can only use a maximum of 2 certs online which means a maximum of $75 off a single online item.

2)although the certs T&C indicate value shipping only, free 2 day shipping for elite PUR still worked.

3) If an online transaction fails to complete and you receive an error, credit cards do not get charged, but paypal does.

Hope those notes help somebody.
When I got my Apple Watch it let me use 3 used celery’s online long as they were all different denominations wonder if they changed it

Finding a copy of Dark Souls III Fire Fades edition for the PS4 is a real bitch since they dropped it to 19.99.

Finally found one.."new" as in the open new copy at the Emeryville store. Getting to that one (store) is a whole 'nother experience.

Dude wouldn't budge on the "new" part. Still worth it (for me). Now to get lost for a few months.

Anyone that trade in PS4/Xbox One/Switch towards GOW (the game or the PS4 Pro GOW bundle) please confirm if you get the extra $50. Thanks in advance.

With double points this week, im looking to buy a Ps4 pro.. how much points/value would I receive in this purchase? (I am a elite pro member - $30 dollar tier membership)

When I got my Apple Watch it let me use 3 used celery’s online long as they were all different denominations wonder if they changed it
It was a new item so I used the .com certs in digital currency. It wouldn't complete with 3 certs loaded. Then I noticed the that t&c said 2 so I took one out and the order completed.

Do you get points on whatever amount rewards certs take off the total? So if I used $105 in rewards certs on the gow PS4 pro (assuming I don't get an employee that tries to limit me to 3 certs), I would only be getting points on $295?

Do you get points on whatever amount rewards certs take off the total? So if I used $105 in rewards certs on the gow PS4 pro (assuming I don't get an employee that tries to limit me to 3 certs), I would only be getting points on $295?
You ordinarily don't get points for used cert value. Unless this particular promo ends up giving you 0 + the extra 100% anyway. I doubt it though. The people in charge of GS promos are not that dumb.

Wait, yes they are.

You ordinarily don't get points for used cert value. Unless this particular promo ends up giving you 0 + the extra 100% anyway. I doubt it though. The people in charge of GS promos are not that dumb.

Wait, yes they are.
Sorry, realized right after submitting the post that was a stupid question since you would be getting rewards on top of rewards lol.

Double points on Saturday > $80 guaranteed TIC for PS3 towards PS4 Pro GoW bundle > $50 bonus for trading switch/PS4/X1 towards GoW (game only) > trade both copies of GoW back in before 5/22/18 (get most return with probable trade promo).

I dunno if the system is gonna have any issues doing this. Could go to 2 separate stores, but would rather do it in 1 transaction.
Why did you delete your bragging post?

Local GS got a single GoW PS4 Pro outside of pre-orders, and it was spoken for by 8:10 (the "midnight" release was actually at 9:00).

Do GS stores usually have any sort of call list in case one of the pre-orders falls through?

Was wishing for a stealth bump (I know, not likely given last week), but I wasn't expecting values to TANK for the weekend.   Base TIV for M vs. Cap Infinite shows as 8 online and as 7 in the App...is the App right?  is the TIV about to drop?  Questions that boggle the mind...

Was wishing for a stealth bump (I know, not likely given last week), but I wasn't expecting values to TANK for the weekend. Base TIV for M vs. Cap Infinite shows as 8 online and as 7 in the App...is the App right? is the TIV about to drop? Questions that boggle the mind...
Damn, I was going to trade Forza 7...it was 20 base and now it's 18. Now gotta check my other games.

Doesn’t seem we’re going to see any decent trade in values until this cash promo ends. At least I’m HOPING they’ll go up after that. Sheesh

Yeah I can’t wait for the credit/cash promo to end. AC:O base now being $10 is an absolute joke. GoW is already listed with a base of $25 (unless you have the $40 coupon). Even the base $3 games are down to $1.80-2.00.

I had a feeling it would happen, a few of my trades took a little dip in TIV...just in time for 2X points days. oh well

Everywhere except the original email.
57f6e21a21b17db10c8c131c05827c8f.jpg
Does this mean that I get points when I trade in stuff AND when I buy stuff with the same stuff I traded in? And how does this work with pre-order stuff?

Does this mean that I get points when I trade in stuff AND when I buy stuff with the same stuff I traded in? And how does this work with pre-order stuff?
PowerUp Rewards Members get an additional double points on purchases and trades, preorders are neither of those.

You get double points on your trade. If you buy something with that trade credit you get double points there too.

Preorders don't give points until the preorder is picked up.

Haha, no mate. I don't get rid of things just because. Look, I Got my PS4 slim on Black Friday and it costed me $200 and got a $50 dollar giftcard. I had itthere without use and saw that someone was selling a 12.9 inch iPad pro with leather case and the apple pen. The iPad goes easy for around $800 and the pen for around $100. The guy didn't want to trade but accepted after seeing that I included monster hunter world and about 5 $7 games that I had there like FIFA 14, Madden 15, mighty n9, etc. It was a no brainier.

Another example, I got my Xbox one original for free thanks to a b2g1 and being driving to 6 or 7 stores. I traded it in last month when they sea of thieves Xbox slim for $250 because I needed a Bluetooth controller to play Ni No Kuni on my PC and the one I had wasn't Bluetooth and I didn't want to pay $25 for the adapter. So I got $175 for my Xbox using a coupon that they gave of "$25 extra when you trade in your system" SO $175 and paid the $75 left with store credit. THEN I talked to the guys and trade in sea of thieves right there for $30 preordering detective Pikachu to get 40% extra credit. Total was $175 of my Xbox one, $30 for sea of thieves, and $45 credit to update my original Xbox one for the slim with the Bluetooth controller that I needed. Not bad at all.

I wanted to trade in THAT Xbox slim for $200 and get the GoW PS pro because I would pay $200 but still not sure about it. I get all my games from GameStop and get credit with their flips. Xbox, 2 Nintendo switch, 2 steam machine, tons of games including all the big games on switch even that I don't play them (even got 2 copies of the same games). All this by trading in and not using any more money out of my pocket. Sadly I grew up and can't convince myself to spend on games anymore. $650 left on credit and waiting for a good promo to trade in my extras that are mostly the high value ones like Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Mario kart, Zekda, etc.

I guess double points day is as good as any time there is to unload my old annual sports games.  I haven't seen any of those "trade 3, 4, or 5 games for bonuses" lately and those usually require a minimum TIV of $3.

Was wishing for a stealth bump (I know, not likely given last week), but I wasn't expecting values to TANK for the weekend. Base TIV for M vs. Cap Infinite shows as 8 online and as 7 in the App...is the App right? is the TIV about to drop? Questions that boggle the mind...
My TIVs for all my games have fallen like 40% in the last week. I actually finished playing some of them but fuck if I am trading them at these values.

I've never minded the fluctuations in TIV. I've often given myself enough buffer room to handle the fluctuations. But these TIV'S are rediculously bad. I'm not trading in any games this weekend.

Well, with the extra 70% boost in CA (no trade same as cash) the values are still low enough that I can wait for another time

I've never minded the fluctuations in TIV. I've often given myself enough buffer room to handle the fluctuations. But these TIV'S are rediculously bad. I'm not trading in any games this weekend.
Agreed. I think it’s just a perfect storm of the credit=cash promo, double points, and post-stealth bump that’s causing this, or I hope it is. The only thing I could see trading this weekend is a console.

Agreed. I think it’s just a perfect storm of the credit=cash promo, double points, and post-stealth bump that’s causing this, or I hope it is. The only thing I could see trading this weekend is a console.
Agreed. My local stores are pushing the 4/$10 hard. They have sealed copies of Titanfall out as part of the deal. This and the low trade values essentially tells me that corporate has figured out retail Iocations are overloaded with inventory. Low TIV'S reduce the influx of used game inventory.

Does Gamestop charge tax for a web in-store order with trade credit if you’re in 1 of the states that don’t get normally charged tax?
They do in New York. They're essentially doing the online order for you. So the trade credit gets treated as a gift card, just like if you placed an online order yourself.

Agreed. My local stores are pushing the 4/$10 hard. They have sealed copies of Titanfall out as part of the deal. This and the low trade values essentially tells me that corporate has figured out retail Iocations are overloaded with inventory. Low TIV'S reduce the influx of used game inventory.
Excellent strategy for a store that relies on used game sales :)

Any reason to pick up madden 18 at a Redbox for 14.99? The TIV is super low right now but anybody have any idea what is was pre cash=credit.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back