Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
most of those games have the same or higher trade in value at best buy right now.

I guess I will finally see wtf is so special about journey, killzone will be a good buy as well might as well spend the $10 on jak and daxter... and heck ratchet and clank a well... man I'm gonna spend like $60 at crapstop... well, they deserve it for a good sale i guess.

[quote name='LouieT']The Power-Up Rewards site says the sale is for PUR members only and it requires a coupon. :whistle2:? It also says this will last until the 14th, not the 4th.

Here is the text from the PUR site, under My Account -> Active Offers after you log in.
I think the coupon UPC is unique. The last 8 digits on the one I have is NVQLSKC5.[/QUOTE]

Where on the coupon does it say you get a 50% trade bonus toward purchase of these games?

Kinda thirsty for that Ico collection but alas, no matter how many times I hit refresh, the coupon refuses to show itself...Pro member BTdubs

[quote name='iknowlondon']Kinda thirsty for that Ico collection but alas, no matter how many times I hit refresh, the coupon refuses to show itself...Pro member BTdubs[/QUOTE]

In the same boat. Would suck if they just gradually give out these coupons over the course of the 2 weeks >.

I would be in for Ico/SotC and Journey CE at Best Buy, if they price match. If anyone has success tomorrow, please post.

so does any free member get the coupon thing? or am I seriously going to have to sign back up for this thing -.-

also, its only like 2am, wouldn't expect to get it until tomorrow

kinda glad it required coupon and I don't have a coupon. haha, wanting a few of those collection but been spending wayyy too much money. This makes it easier to resist.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']id love to get some of these, what parts are codes? origins and killzone 1?[/QUOTE]

Killzone 1 is on Disc 1, but you still have to DL it and it requires the disc to play

[quote name='inky1600']Where on the coupon does it say you get a 50% trade bonus toward purchase of these games?[/QUOTE]
There is no mention of the trade-in bonus anywhere. The text I pasted is the same text on the coupon.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I'm a free member and I got the offer.[/QUOTE]

thank you good sir, guess tomorrow I will go early, hopefully get the goodies before everyone else.

might even get BF3 premium as well.... my wallet =(

nice, got the coupon under my active offers. i'm a PUR pro btw. it shows up on the gamestop app also, happy i don't have to print out the coupon.

Free member here and no coupon under my Active Offers page...hope I can get one to take advantage of this.

Very Good Deal. Hope to pick up the Ratchet and Clank and Ico and SOTC collections this weekend. No one in 100 miles has GoW: Origins Collection in stock.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Very Good Deal. Hope to pick up the Ratchet and Clank and Ico and SOTC collections this weekend. No one in 100 miles has GoW: Origins Collection in stock.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat with GoW Origins, think it may becoming harder to get a hold of...

[quote name='Ryan_gf']I'm in the same boat with GoW Origins, think it may becoming harder to get a hold of...[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is what im worried about too.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Yeah that is what im worried about too.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, it can be had for 20 dollars on the PSN Store man. I know thats a bit steep for ports of PSP games, but should be an option if all else fails. I've even considered spending my $20 bonus from this last month on it.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']For what it's worth, it can be had for 20 dollars on the PSN Store man. I know thats a bit steep for ports of PSP games, but should be an option if all else fails. I've even considered spending my $20 bonus from this last month on it.[/QUOTE]

I think they want the physical copy, that's their whole point lol.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']For what it's worth, it can be had for 20 dollars on the PSN Store man. I know thats a bit steep for ports of PSP games, but should be an option if all else fails. I've even considered spending my $20 bonus from this last month on it.[/QUOTE]

No I would have bought it at $20. It not price Im just wanting to try to get the disc release.

wtf i dont have a coupon under my account, why would they only give it some members and not all?

i have been a pro member for over 2 years

Personally, I've never understood the argument on physical over digital copies of games...

Many people argue that it's because "when the world of gaming goes all digital in yadda yadda years, I want to be able to pop in my game and play it, and not rely on some server to let me play what I spent MY money on!"

Bullshit. Everyone just wants a physical disc for "security" in case they DO ultimately get tired of it, and want to sell it off somewhere to make back a portion of what they originally paid. I know I'm not the only one thinking this either..

And TO that stated argument above: it's not like some major epidemic is going to happen that deletes all your downloaded games of your console. I'm sure in 20 yrs when whatever is out, you can boot up your old 360 or PS3, if it's still working respectively, and still play whatever full game download is on your harddrive.

Dag nammit! No GOW Origins within 100 miles and no active offer, yet! Would've grabbed that for $10 for the 3D.

Already have Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and ICO/Collosus(got this for $11.xx + tax/pre-owned at Best Buy as a last resort/impulse purchase for an expiring @Gamer coupon). Not interested in the rest.

Gonna try Best Buy for that Origins, seeing a how some people have used the $3 Universal coupon(have not used it, try the movies section of this board) there for movies.

[quote name='jcp42877']Personally, I've never understood the argument on physical over digital copies of games...

Many people argue that it's because "when the world of gaming goes all digital in yadda yadda years, I want to be able to pop in my game and play it, and not rely on some server to let me play what I spent MY money on!"

Bullshit. Everyone just wants a physical disc for "security" in case they DO ultimately get tired of it, and want to sell it off somewhere to make back a portion of what they originally paid. I know I'm not the only one thinking this either..

And TO that stated argument above: it's not like some major epidemic is going to happen that deletes all your downloaded games of your console. I'm sure in 20 yrs when whatever is out, you can boot up your old 360 or PS3, if it's still working respectively, and still play whatever full game download is on your harddrive.[/QUOTE]

Can you trade in digital copies? no (thus, worth less then physical)
you cannot share them with friends
it wastes space on HDD
they are also tied to your account.
I just bought ghost recon at best buy for $20, if it was digital I would have been out $20 but I can trade it back in ( for $20 surprisingly)

[quote name='jcp42877']Personally, I've never understood the argument on physical over digital copies of games...

And TO that stated argument above: it's not like some major epidemic is going to happen that deletes all your downloaded games of your console. I'm sure in 20 yrs when whatever is out, you can boot up your old 360 or PS3, if it's still working respectively, and still play whatever full game download is on your harddrive.[/QUOTE]

Well. Good for you. Some people like to, actually, see their collection. Others may not want to max out their hard drive/s. And, of course, resell value.

i feel good that i got the coupon...ive always been loyal to retail stores and never get these "specialty" coupons...seems like gamestop is rewarding active shoppers, but again not sure. bb loses my business time in time out during the holidays when they dont give me the free reward zone coupons, or that mystery coupon that everyone seemed to get which i didnt. now to actually find these games.

To be honest, I like the physical copies due to only requiring the system and the game. It probably is highly unlikely that the entire server for both PS3 and 360 will get shut down in the next decade, but it's still reassuring knowing that you have 100% guarantee you can just pop the disk in and play it wherever you are. Plus, having a lot of DL games on your system takes up so much space in the end.

You just answered the whole point of my post... The resell value.

People post about wanting a physical disc so they can cherish it and play it for years.. Hell no, they just want to trade it in.

If GOW Saga was broken up into separate discs for 1+2, 3, and Origins, then you could trade it in for more than the collection by itself sells for. You honestly think the devs are that stupid (yes, sometimes they are)?

And about the harddrive space...what the hell do you think that's actually for?? Sitting empty and looking pretty? No. It's for downloads. Usually FULL GAME titles. Why else would they make such a bigass harddrive in systems? Last time I checked, our games saves don't take up 5gb a slot..

EDIT: this post wasn't directed at you Quagmilion. Understandable post you gave.

Yay.

1.Hard drive space.
2.Seeing the actual disk in your collection.
3.Resell value.

The case of download vs physical has been solved.

Now, back to what matters.......Anyone get a coupon that didn't earlier?

Pro member here. Still no coupon. Got a deal that says "ts and Get One Pre-owned Product of Equal or Lesser Price Free." No idea what ts means.

Also, Origins is available at Best Buy for $20 for those interested. I'm waiting for $10, but I've got 4 Best Buys in the area and all of them have +4 copies. Even the crappy, run-down one.

Not so. Unless I absolutely hate a game I bought, I wouldn't resell it. I don't hate GoW at all, so I just want the disc just because it's a physical copy. I always go physical unless the game is download only.

I like physical copies because I am a videogame collector and I like the way the case looks on my shelf more than the way the zeros and ones look inside my hard drive that will eventually wear out and crash someday.

But at this price, no one can complain about digital vouchers. These prices are more than fair.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Pro Member and no coupon yet, hopefully it's just taking a while for me, would love to get the GoW Saga![/QUOTE]
Same. I really hope it shows up, because I want R&C collection.

bread's done
Back