Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flix1']Looks like I picked the wrong day to swing by GS to try to use my coupon ... forgot that Blops2 is being released tonight.

In any case, have yet to find a store that has all 3 titles I want ... all of them had at least 2. Hit 3 different stores. Have 2 more to try tomorrow.

Question ... at one of the stores, the associate mentioned that I could buy in the store (the missing game I wanted) and have it shipped by Gamestop.com to my home. Has anyone done this before? Will I be able to use the coupon, if I do? ... and if so, will they add shipping?[/QUOTE]

You should buy the 2 games at one store at full price (do not use coupon), then go to the second store that has the 3rd game you want. Return the 2 games you bought at the first store, then rebuy all 3 games with the coupon.

[quote name='flix1']Question ... at one of the stores, the associate mentioned that I could buy in the store (the missing game I wanted) and have it shipped by Gamestop.com to my home. Has anyone done this before? Will I be able to use the coupon, if I do? ... and if so, will they add shipping?[/QUOTE]

A manager tried to do that for me. It was his suggestion and he claimed it would work with the coupon. I got R&C and J&D in store, but they didn't have Ico/SotC. He went to Gamestop.com to add it to my order, but the coupon didn't mark down Ico. He tried to override it, but for whatever reason he couldn't. So even though he said he could do it, he couldn't. Or he just didn't know how to work around it.

Shipping was going to be free. Oh well.

Debating if I should, even, DARE check my PUR account, again, for this thing. Ya'll better hurry and use your coupons!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']This thread should have, seriously, been wikified.
Maybe someone can bump this post from time to time:

1.Free OR Paid Power Up Reward Members got this code at RANDOM.

2.GameStop's customer service says they do NOT have anymore codes to give out.

3.HERE IS THE TRADE FORUM FOR THOSE STILL SEEKING THIS: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377[/QUOTE]

4.The controller bundles are NOT a part of the deal(however, atleast 1 person was lucky enough to get 1).

5.Getting the Uncharted dual pack is, supposedly, not a part of the deal and YMMV(even though some people have gotten it).

6.HERE IS THE TRADE FORUM FOR THOSE STILL SEEKING THIS: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Finally tracked down a store that had all 3 I wanted in stock. Unfortunately, they were "pre-opened", as I expected.

I saw all of the vouchers that were in each of them, which leads me to a couple of questions:

1) Did either the Ratchet & Clank Collection or the Killzone Trilogy Collection come with an instruction manual? Neither had them ... just individual sheets as vouchers.

2) For the Ratchet & Clank Collection, is there only a single voucher that includes both the new Sly Cooper Demo/Beta AND the Anniversary avatar, or should it come with 2 vouchers?

Journey Collection came with the trial for PS+.

[quote name='flix1']Finally tracked down a store that had all 3 I wanted in stock. Unfortunately, they were "pre-opened", as I expected.

I saw all of the vouchers that were in each of them, which leads me to a couple of questions:

1) Did either the Ratchet & Clank Collection or the Killzone Trilogy Collection come with an instruction manual? Neither had them ... just individual sheets as vouchers.

2) For the Ratchet & Clank Collection, is there only a single voucher that includes both the new Sly Cooper Demo/Beta AND the Anniversary avatar, or should it come with 2 vouchers?

Journey Collection came with the trial for PS+.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Killzone, but Ratchet has no manual. Just a single voucher for both Sly demo + avatar in 1 code.

Jak and Daxter HD collection does have a manual though. Ico/SotC should have manual too.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Not sure about Killzone, but Ratchet has no manual. Just a single voucher for both Sly demo + avatar in 1 code.

Jak and Daxter HD collection does have a manual though. Ico/SotC should have manual too.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.

[quote name='flix1']Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
ico does have one, but i think the original ps2 manuals were much thicker.

I just unwrapped my GOW Saga (like 5-7 days after purchasing it) and it included a free 1 month of PS+! I guess it is an old copy that was in the store for a long time idk :3 It also says that if I redeem the coupon by 11/13 I will be able to download the GOW Ascension Beta! Too bad I just read is not yet available :/

[quote name='Slowdance']Lol at assholes trying to sell a coupon that expires tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

They still have some value until they actually do expire, assholes I think not sir

[quote name='Slowdance']Lol at assholes trying to sell a coupon that expires tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
... better than trying to sell a used coupon. :)

If anyone not using their code is interested in a sealed copy of New Super Mario Bros 2 or Kid Icarus Uprising ill trade one for a sealed Killzone Trilogy or GoW saga. PM me

All right, I decided not to use the coupon I have. If you want it, shoot a message at me and you can have it.

Gave it away already. Sorry to those who didn't get it! I'd give you all ones if I could.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some club nintendo codes I can give for the coupon if I can actually use it in time. I won't give the codes until after I verify it being a non-used coupon though...

If you live in arboretum in Austin, Tx at least two of the employees have codes to give away last time I checked.

Also I got the GOW saga and can't find my voucher for a month of PS+, is it supposed to be on the same sheet as the voucher for origins?

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']If you live in arboretum in Austin, Tx at least two of the employees have codes to give away last time I checked.

Also I got the GOW saga and can't find my voucher for a month of PS+, is it supposed to be on the same sheet as the voucher for origins?[/QUOTE]

According to some of the older posts in this thread, not all copies of the God of War Saga came with the free month. I think they said there's some kind of note on the front/back of the game that states if it has it.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']According to some of the older posts in this thread, not all copies of the God of War Saga came with the free month. I think they said there's some kind of note on the front/back of the game that states if it has it.[/QUOTE]

That is weird. The back of my copy says it comes with a free month but the only sheet was a voucher for origins.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']That is weird. The back of my copy says it comes with a free month but the only sheet was a voucher for origins.[/QUOTE]

Was it one of those opened new copies that Gamestop likes to sell? If not, then I'm not sure what the answer to your problem would be.

Hey I have a coupon if someone can grab me a copy of Ico & Shadow collection and doesn't mind shipping it (I will pay you via paypal for the game too). Then you can grab yourself whatever on sale as well, PM me.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Was it one of those opened new copies that Gamestop likes to sell? If not, then I'm not sure what the answer to your problem would be.[/QUOTE]

Nope all my collections were sealed. Oh well not mad, just a little bummed.

Using my coupon tomorrow (hopefully) on the Journey Collection, so I can also acquire the 1-month PS+ trial for the free games coming on the 19th. So basically 15 bucks for Journey and all the free games. Not too shabby.

[quote name='yokofox33']Using my coupon tomorrow (hopefully) on the Journey Collection, so I can also acquire the 1-month PS+ trial for the free games coming on the 19th. So basically 15 bucks for Journey and all the free games. Not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

Well remember you lose those free games once the 30 days expire...

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Well remember you lose those free games once the 30 days expire...[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, but I've been wanting to play GR, JSR, and Uncharted for awhile. Still cheaper than renting/buying them I think.

[quote name='yokofox33']Well, yeah, but I've been wanting to play GR, JSR, and Uncharted for awhile. Still cheaper than renting/buying them I think.[/QUOTE]

And if you ever do get another 1 month, you can always reactivate it.

[quote name='yokofox33']Well, yeah, but I've been wanting to play GR, JSR, and Uncharted for awhile. Still cheaper than renting/buying them I think.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Also if you ever decide to sign up for a yr you will still have access to them! :)

Um... Tomorrow was the last day to use it right?

Because I had a coupon under my active offers and now it's no longer there. fuck, was going to use that 50% for some credit towards the Wii U.

I got

Journey Collection
Ico/Shadow Collection
R&C Collection
inFamous Collection
KZ Trilogy
Jak & Dax Collection

had $77 store cred already so this was darn near free.

Got KZ and God Of War Saga for a friend.

I already had GOW3, Collection, & Origins Collection. Plus, I HATE download codes. I wish inFamous FOB was on disc but, oh well, I didn't own own I2 already so it was a win.

Got Infamous and Jak and Daxter. And of course I got most of the rest PM'd at Best Buy. I'll get Ratchet and Clank at Walmart on BF. Infamous was gutted, but I bought it anyway because I needed to use the coupon. I'll go get it exchanged tomorrow.

Got an e-mail from Nintendo World that they will be selling the Wii U on a first come, first serve basis with a whole bunch of other goodies.

I knew it.

Looks like all the shipments that WERE going to Amazon will be at the Nintendo World Store. I can't imagine anyone on line NOT going a Wii U.

:applause:

[quote name='vze21gwa']I don't know whether to choose between uncharted dual pack and inFAMOUS Collection. What to do what to do?[/QUOTE]

The uncharted collection does not work with the coupon. (GameStop's website says it does but it doesn't)

bread's done
Back