GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beijing Olympics 2008, NBA 2k9, Mirror's Edge, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Incredible Hulk, Prince of Persia, Baja: Edge of Control, Tom Clancy's End War, Brother's In Arms: Hell's Highway, Skate, Oblivion: GOTY, Skate

All those I saw on PS3, but they also appear to be on 360 at same price. I can't confirm these, but simply looking on the 19.99 and under part of their site, all these titles popped up with the common theme of:

Price Drop - Old Price: $29.99 Save $10.00

Or some were 39.99. Either way it appears to affect games that were around $30 or $40, and are multi-platform (at least in the case of non-Wii games). I know Mirror's Edge just turned $20 though, cause I was thinking of getting it at the last B2G1 sale and it was still $24.99 Used.

In a very good note, if you check out the used prices of these games, they have dropped as well. :) Hope that helps!

Also, for those having trouble, to get the the $19.99 and under stuff, simply click on your choice, and you'll notice on the sidebar there w/ the new options, will be one that says "$19.99 & Under".

[quote name='Dolemite1']Might have to pick up Prince of Persia at 20.00. Has anyone seen it for less elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up at Target on clearance for 14.98

[quote name='Dolemite1']Might have to pick up Prince of Persia at 20.00. Has anyone seen it for less elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

Target

Found a copy at Target for ~$15 2 weeks ago, but of course YMMV.

$20 for Hawk would be cool for those of us who can't find it on clearance at a Target...

[quote name='twstd4lfe']$20 for Wheelman and Hawx and these are on the new copys of these games only, and to clarify Gamestop is now going to have a $19.99 and under section in the front of each store[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed a couple of the games mentioned here are also dropped on the eastore.com site. Mirror's Edge and Henry Hatsworth are both $19.95 now. Incidentally, so is Trivial Pursuit. I didn't recognize any other drops offhand, but there probably are some...

Love me some $20 games!
smile.gif

someone on neogaf said that Bionic Commando will be $20 when this sell starts.
that was quick lol :( poor BC
Might pick it up at that price

Edit- I guess people know, why is there no list in the op post?

dunno if anyone mentioned i but prince of persia is 20.crap somebody did nm lol. sonic unleashed and shaun white snow boarding are 20.

My gf and I just bought BC new for $60 yesterday.. luckily we still haven't opened it (we have a mound of credit stacked up and nothing else to spend it on).

Will Gamestop just refund the difference back onto the Edge card since it's been two days, or will we have to return / rebuy?

Hoping this sale and the list of games is real.. would love to burn this last $110 in credit.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Wolverine was dropping like a fucking rock for a while, I'd love to see it hit the magic $20 price point here.[/QUOTE]

I would bite at $20, but seems highly unlikely since it just came out 2 months ago and has been more popular than Bionic Commando.

If Bionic Commando actually sells for $20 tomorrow then I'll definitely pick it up, but I'm still a bit skeptical. I do plan on grabbing Sonic Unleashed though...maybe The Wheelman as well if that's on sale.

[quote name='Roufuss']My gf and I just bought BC new for $60 yesterday.. luckily we still haven't opened it (we have a mound of credit stacked up and nothing else to spend it on).

Will Gamestop just refund the difference back onto the Edge card since it's been two days, or will we have to return / rebuy?

Hoping this sale and the list of games is real.. would love to burn this last $110 in credit.[/QUOTE]They'll probably do a return and rebuy on it, since they really don't have any other way to do it.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I bought Sonic Unleashed for $12 on Target clearance a few months ago. Not even worth it at that price.

Awful, awful game.[/QUOTE]
oh come on. I paid $45 for it when it first came out and I enjoyed it. I mean yeah it has it's problems, but not worth $12 bucks? come on.

Not sure if this relates to anything but the Gamestop I was at today was a complete mess. I know the manager and they told me that they just got a HUGE amount of price changes today. I had never seen this store like this so who knows.

so how many nonwherehog parts are in sonic unleashed? i remember enjoying the demo but that was regular sonic only no wherehog.

Could this be part of the "Gamedays 2" sale that someone posted about (and the thread got locked) last week? I think it was supposed to start next Monday but maybe they moved it up.

My friend who works at a local Game Stop showed me an e-mail from corporate that tells the stores to pull USED copies of Bionic Commando, Tom Clancy's HAWX, and The Wheelman because the NEW copies are going to be dropping to $19.99 while the USED copies will still be marked at their normal prices. So to avoid confusion they are pulling all the USED copies to just sell the cheaper NEW copies during the sale period.

I guess that confirms

Bionic Commando 360/PS3 - $19.99
The Wheelman 360/PS3 - $19.99
Tom Clancy's HAWX 360/PS3 - $19.99

hopefully there is more because 3 games seems like a small sale. I may get Bionic Commando however since I waited during launch from getting it.

bread's done
Back