GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rkrocks123']The best part of this deal is the fact that you can trade Hawx, Wheelman, and Bionic Commando back in for as much as you paid for them with the "Trade 3 for FNR4" deal.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you are being facetious.

Well, that's fucked up. I bought MGS4 LE for $91.xx on launch day (which is still sealed) and now this...

fuck YOU GAMESTOP for ruining my chance on selling it on Ebay.

[quote name='polo14player']is buy 2 get one free - for new games??? if so then bionic commando + wheelman = free - deadly creatures!!!![/QUOTE]

No, only a B2G1 on used games is coming out.

I REALLY hope Amazon price matches these fast, I'm tempted to get Bionic Commando but would prefer to deal with my Prime membership instead of Gamestop's "We'll ship it when we feel like it" SAVER codes. ;)

[quote name='Justin42']I REALLY hope Amazon price matches these fast, I'm tempted to get Bionic Commando but would prefer to deal with my Prime membership instead of Gamestop's "We'll ship it when we feel like it" SAVER codes. ;)[/QUOTE]

You could god forbid go in the store ;)

I highly recommend Hawx and Bionic Commando. I thought they were both worthy additions to my collection. Nothing groundbreaking, but still fun.

[quote name='tagout']Well, that's fucked up. I bought MGS4 LE for $91.xx on launch day (which is still sealed) and now this...

fuck YOU GAMESTOP for ruining my chance on selling it on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Are you joking?

[quote name='Sexbomb']You could god forbid go in the store ;)[/QUOTE]

That would require me to go fairly significantly out of my way for where I will be tomorrow. Much easier to have things come to me. ;)

That said, does Best Buy PM Gamestop online prices? (I know it'll be in-store but I assume all I will have is a web printout) I pass like 20 of them to and from work. ;)

[quote name='tagout']Well, that's fucked up. I bought MGS4 LE for $91.xx on launch day (which is still sealed) and now this...

You do realize that every single Metal Gear Solid game has had a superior rerelease a few years later?

This looks like a good deal. My beef bayonet is golden brown!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I might pick up wheelman, it seemed like an okay, fun in spurts kind of title.

Bionic Commando....I want too, but I just don't know.

Holy shit The Munchables is $20 already? didn't that drop like two weeks ago?

Yes I realize it was $30 so it's not a huge drop but yeesh...I came very close to grabbing it from Best Buy when it released.

Also, it's a bit underhanded but I just bought Bionic Commando from Best Buy for $45 (via coupons & reward zone certificates) so I think I'm gonna grab BC from Gamestop and then returned that sealed copy to Best Buy with my receipt.

I've been waiting for a $20 price point for Bionic Commando, Wheelman, and HAWX. Looks like I've got to make a stop by at Gamestop tomorrow (god, I hope I don't get any gutted copies).

Might have been the funniest post this forum has ever seen.

how temporary are these price drops for the new games?

also, will the prices drops for the used games last until the B2G1 sale? any ideas?

I will be getting bionic commando and hawx tomorrow then. I open and those were not on the price changes and didn't have any e-mails about those games today.

The 19.99 and under section you guys shouldn't even bother with corporate has a set number of games we were supposed to put in there and they were all crap like cabela's on wii. We changed ours up though to have other stuff, but most stores probably have the crap corporate says to put in that section.

[quote name='Doomed']You do realize that every single Metal Gear Solid game has had a superior rerelease a few years later?[/QUOTE]

why hello there, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops.

[quote name='lokizz']maybe someone who works at gamestop can post the list.[/QUOTE]

So far all that Game Stop employees who are not DM's or RM's know is the games that are already listed. We did 310 price changes on new product in my store today on other games, but nothing too fantastic. If you have kids, there's a few that would be cool to pick up.

There's supposed to be a bunch of other large sales throughout June, but none of the full details have been given to us.

Also, the USED copies of these ARE NOT being marked down!

[quote name='maximumzero']I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that Bionic Commando is gonna be long gone by the time I get there.[/QUOTE]

lol no one's bought it then, I doubt many copies will move now.

This was posted about a week or two ago as a new gamedays sale, but the post was locked for no reason..

I won't be picking any of the three up. Bionic Commando was garbage through and through, HAWX was fun until I realized I had Ace Combat, and Wheelman is a rental. I'd buy X-Men Origins if it was on sale, even though I've already beat it.

[quote name='maximumzero']I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that Bionic Commando is gonna be long gone by the time I get there.[/QUOTE]

Do you live in a large city? If you don't I wouldn't expect it, I live in a city of 15k, I'm assuming 3-5 use deal sites like these, and only 1 of those are going to actually want Bionic Commando...

[quote name='Nameless600']Do you live in a large city? If you don't I wouldn't expect it, I live in a city of 15k, I'm assuming 3-5 use deal sites like these, and only 1 of those are going to actually want Bionic Commando...[/QUOTE]
I have 3 gamestops in like a 8 mile radius, so I know I'll be good. And I too doubt more than like 5 people near me frequent this site at all, let alone as much or more than me.

Ok, here's the deal... 80% of stores are doing inventory either this week or next week, which means we won't exactly be restocked because we never get much shipment the week before inventory.
We are also doing television advertising so people will know about it....

second that, if any canadians want to help me out and snag a copy of MGS4 LE that would be great.

I can buy you and ship out a game (not too expensive though!)

PM me. And help a fellow canadian out! Thanks.

[quote name='CaoPi']is this sale suppose to be similiar to the GAME DAY sales where everything is gutted?[/QUOTE]

NO. Because there are no bins involved. It wasn't OUR choice to gut everything. I tried to keep it from happening at our store but my DM wrote me up. Working for a corporate company causes that to happen. The game was going to be opened eventually anyway.

iliketag, maybe you could answer my question, is the price drop on Elder Scrolls part of the sale, or is that a perm. price drop?

Some of the games from this price drop seem to be eligible for the FNR4 trade-in deal. Bionic Commando and Wheelman, for example, are eligible for the 3 game trade in deal that's valid through 7/12. It's only 4 days in between, but I have 2 games to trade, and plan to buy both of these, play the hell out of them, and trade whichever one I like less.

[quote name='Nameless600']iliketag, maybe you could answer my question, is the price drop on Elder Scrolls part of the sale, or is that a perm. price drop?[/QUOTE]
Since the used price has dropped as well unlike PoP's, I'd assume it's permanent.

I think it's a temporary price drop that isn't part of the promotion. Sometimes that happens. My guess is it'll be like madworld where it was 29.99/26.99 for two weeks then back up to normal price.

[quote name='United_Korea']why hello there, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops.[/QUOTE]
:roll: That wasn't what I meant, but I didn't think anyone would say something like that. PO is a spinoff.

MGS
MGS: Integral
MGS2
MGS2: Substance
MGS3
MGS3: Subsistence
MGS4
MGS4: Subsandwich

With Kojima's track record and remarks about MGS4, it will happen.

[quote name='Doomed']:roll: That wasn't what I meant, but I didn't think anyone would say something like that. PO is a spinoff.

MGS
MGS: Integral
MGS2
MGS2: Substance
MGS3
MGS3: Subsistence
MGS4
MGS4: Subsandwich

With Kojima's track record and remarks about MGS4, it will happen.[/QUOTE]
The worst part is, I will buy Subsandwich because I love the game so much that the small amount of added content will make me play through it again.

[quote name='lwelyk']The worst part is, I will buy Subsandwich because I love the game so much and the slight amount of added content will make me play it again.[/QUOTE]

I'll buy it because it comes on delicious chibata bread and provolone.

Back on topic, I'd highly recommend picking up Stuntman: Ignition for fans of the original. For $12.99 it's money well-spent. Hell, even at $20 it was.

I might pick up Lego Batman, Prince of Persia and SW: Force Unleashed. Probably the latter two--I have yet to finish my Lego Indy.

bread's done
Back