Gamestop Survey

Spent 2 cards today in that fancy b2g1 sale. I should check if it's the new quarter so I can get another. Doubt I'll get it before that extra *extra* fancy b2g2 sale in 2 weeks.

Just ordered my second $25 GC today. Took a little while to get the last few dollars, but I got to to $50 a lot quicker than last time.

Hmm, got my first survey "sub" offer today. I qualified for a study where I have to keep a journal of what I eat for breakfast & before lunch. It said if I do it at least 10 out of a possible 14 days I'll get what sounds like a Visa $25 GC that can be spent wherever I want!

I've been getting some very different surveys recently, I've been receiving lots of physical products, something that rarely happened during the 3 or 4 years I've been doing this. In the passed month I've received two different checks for $75, one for doing a dog food survey and keeping a diary, the other was about heartburn and keeping track of how many times a week I get it.

At the moment I have a shampoo survey where they sent me some kind of test bottle of the shit. It makes my scalp dry as fuck so I quit using it but they are paying with a $25 check so I'll keep with it.

I got enough points for a $25 gift card at Utalkback. It took me like 4-5 months to get enough points. I'll post if I receive it.

Can't seem to sign up for it. Oh well I have an e-rewards account that works just fine for me. Been doing e-rewards for about 3 years now.

Just did a U.Talk.Back survey for 400 points. Just ordered my first GS $50 gift card. 400 points seems like a WHOLE lot for one survey so lucky me! :D

So I am wondering, does anyone know when the points expire? Last year I made a note that they (or maybe just mine) expired sometime in May....but I could not find anything else to confirm it.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']So I am wondering, does anyone know when the points expire? Last year I made a note that they (or maybe just mine) expired sometime in May....but I could not find anything else to confirm it.[/QUOTE]

It varies from person to person. prior to 2010 my dollars/points used to expire in January. I would always get an e-mail saying that I needed to spend my points before they expire. This past year none of my points expired and they let me carry them all over.

[quote name='natdog109']Just did a U.Talk.Back survey for 400 points. Just ordered my first GS $50 gift card. 400 points seems like a WHOLE lot for one survey so lucky me! :D[/QUOTE]

Got that survey also. Was just enough to get my second $50 gamestop card.

[quote name='natdog109']Just did a U.Talk.Back survey for 400 points. Just ordered my first GS $50 gift card. 400 points seems like a WHOLE lot for one survey so lucky me! :D[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much the whole gift card. How long/what kind of survey was it?

I like those high point fun offers. Awhile back I got a ton of points for watching the first episode of the show about the Superhero Family with Michael Chicklis.

[quote name='dchrisd']I like those high point fun offers. Awhile back I got a ton of points for watching the first episode of the show about the Superhero Family with Michael Chicklis.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember getting a bunch of bucks for watching a pilot episode of some sort of CSI wannabe show several months back.

Just got a weird ass follow-up! It was for a gambling survey I did. They want to have someone come to my house for an interview in which they pay with an Amazon Giftcard. I'm a little nervous though.

[quote name='Third Eye']Just got a weird ass follow-up! It was for a gambling survey I did. They want to have someone come to my house for an interview in which they pay with an Amazon Giftcard. I'm a little nervous though.[/QUOTE]

Do it!

[quote name='Chitown021']It varies from person to person. prior to 2010 my dollars/points used to expire in January. I would always get an e-mail saying that I needed to spend my points before they expire. This past year none of my points expired and they let me carry them all over.[/QUOTE]

So the whole then is it pretty safe not to worry about expiration? I am 100 points from the $50 GC, so I wanna keep trying for it, but I don't want to end up with nothing.

Holy shit, most I've gotten was a few for 10 points, usually I never even get to take the actual survey, after spending like 30 minutes on a fucking pre-survey survey.

[quote name='Kamera']That's pretty much the whole gift card. How long/what kind of survey was it?[/QUOTE]

It was a survey on different clothing lines and fashion. It didn't take me over 15 minutes which is ridiculously short and basically got me a whole gift card. So I earned my first gift card with less than a week worth of surveys. :)

Man I really need to get in on this. Can someone please hook me up with a u.talkback invite. That would be mega bad ass.
edit: thanks killer9 for the invite!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='venomscarnage']Man I really need to get in on this. Can someone please hook me up with a u.talkback invite. That would be mega bad ass.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']So the whole then is it pretty safe not to worry about expiration? I am 100 points from the $50 GC, so I wanna keep trying for it, but I don't want to end up with nothing.[/QUOTE]

Well the one thing I can say from my experience is that you'll get an e-mail warning you that your points/dollars are going to expire. They will usually give you at least a months notice so you can spend them. If you don't use all of your expiring points I think you can still roll over some of them but it's like 25% or something to the effect.

Here's the rules section regarding expiration of pts:
ma_subhead_sec8_ericurrency.jpg

1. All Members will be assigned a membership year based upon the date of enrollment in the e-Rewards Program ("Membership Year"). As described below, Member's initial Membership Year will be between twelve (12) and fifteen (15) months in duration. Each subsequent Membership Year will be twelve (12) months in duration. Each Membership Year will end on the last day of a calendar quarter and shall be determined according to the Member's enrollment date as follows:
    1. Members whose enrollment date is on or before December 31, 2002 shall be assigned a Membership Year ending on June 30 of the year following enrollment and June 30 of each year thereafter.
    2. Members whose enrollment date is on or after January 1, 2003 shall be assigned a Membership Year ending on the last day of the calendar quarter in which the Member enrolled of the year following enrollment and on the last day of the calendar quarter of each year thereafter. For example:
      1. Those who enroll between January 1 and March 31, 2008 shall be assigned a Membership Year ending on March 31, 2009 and then on March 31 of each year thereafter.
      2. Those who enroll between April 1 and June 30, 2008 shall be assigned a Membership Year ending June 30, 2009 and then on June 30 of each year thereafter.
      3. Those who enroll between July 1 and September 30, 2008 shall be assigned a Membership Year ending September 30, 2009 and then on September 30 of each year thereafter.
      4. Those who enroll between October 1 and December 31, 2008 shall be assigned a Membership Year ending December 31, 2009 and then on December 31 of each year thereafter.
  2. All e-Rewards Currency earned during any Membership Year must be redeemed within thirty (30) days following the end of the Membership Year. (For example: A Member who enrolls on August 21, 2008 is assigned a Membership Year ending on September 30, 2009 and must redeem Currency earned during the Membership Year running from August 21, 2008 to September 30, 2009 by no later than October 30, 2009.)
  3. Following the end of the thirty (30) day period, as set forth in Section 8.b. above, seventy-five percent (75%) of any unused e-Rewards Currency remaining in a Member's account that was earned during the just-ended Membership Year will expire, and will be removed from the Member's account. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of the e-Rewards Currency earned by the Member during the past Membership Year shall be automatically transferred into such Member's account balance for the next Membership Year. For example: At midnight of July 30, 2008, Member has $100 of unredeemed e-Rewards Currency earned in the Membership Year ending June 30, 2008, and $5 of unredeemed e-Rewards Currency earned between July 1 and July 30, 2008, for a total account balance of $105 in e-Rewards Currency. On the morning of July 31, 2008, Member will have a total account balance of $30 in e-Rewards Currency: $5 earned in July 2008, plus $25 (25% of $100) rolled over from the Membership Year ending June 30, 2008.
  4. If Member's account has been inactive for twelve (12) months immediately preceding the end of the Membership Year, one-hundred percent (100%) of any unused e-Rewards Currency remaining in the a Member's account that was earned during the just-ended Membership Year will expire, and will be removed from the Member's account.
  5. At e-Rewards' sole discretion, e-Rewards may choose to waive or defer enforcement of the expiration of a Member's e-Rewards Currency.

M3 T00 on the u.talkback invite request. I signed up for the GameStop newsletter a month or so ago and have never seen an invite.

[quote name='natdog109']It was a survey on different clothing lines and fashion. It didn't take me over 15 minutes which is ridiculously short and basically got me a whole gift card. So I earned my first gift card with less than a week worth of surveys. :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an error to me, or maybe some kind of offer that they sent out to new users for joining the service. Anyway, good for you!

Does it usually take a few days after signing up for u.talk.back to get surveys? I haven't got any yet and i'm tyring not to be impatient.......

all right so i have two questions.

my utalkback account was supposed to expire dec 2010. but it somehow changed to dec 2011. or maybe my eyes threw me off or it automatically renewed?

also what is e rewards? do u have to get invited? it is just like utalkback? i just want your guys opinion on utalkback vs e rewards.

Just saved up enough bucks to get the $25 card for gamestop with e-rewards...if anyone has an invite for u.talkback I would be extremely grateful.

[quote name='KingNothing09']Just saved up enough bucks to get the $25 card for gamestop with e-rewards...if anyone has an invite for u.talkback I would be extremely grateful.[/QUOTE]

How do you invite someone and I'll shoot you an invite.

bread's done
Back