GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because the official policy says you can only NOT buy Visa with trade credit doesn't meant they will still let you buy other cards.

Nothing you can say will persuade most GS employees. Just saying.

Didn't realize I had a trade credit ban on my account. So I took my 40 games and picked up my dad along with my 7 year old son. We went to the GameStop in the malls since they close late. My dad traded in the 40 games, opened his first PUR account, bought Doom, $15 in Pokemon cards and $75 worth of shell gas cards. Put the remaining $935 across 4 gift cards.

All my games were in the rotation or just purchased from BestBuy with gift cards/certs.

Total of $1103 in trade. Went to Walmart and bought a new 20" bike for my son.

Today was a good day.

Thanks to all the CAGs that contributed to this event. I appreciated all the stories of triumphs and tribulations.

Didn't realize I had a trade credit ban on my account. So I took my 40 games and picked up my dad along with my 7 year old son. We went to the GameStop in the malls since they close late. My dad traded in the 40 games, opened his first PUR account, bought Doom, $15 in Pokemon cards and $75 worth of shell gas cards. Put the remaining $935 across 4 gift cards.

All my games were in the rotation or just purchased from BestBuy with gift cards/certs.

Total of $1103 in trade. Went to Walmart and bought a new 20" bike for my son.

Today was a good day.
40 games damn gj man

There was a guy in front of me trading in some games for Doom and he also picked up The Division. The remaining balance was like $7 or something and he was so ecstatic: "Wow, I got The Division and Doom for only $7!" 

I laughed a little. 

Thanks BlackBeard for your spreadsheets! I took it easy today and used it to do about 20 $4+ boomerangs so I could justify taking a loss on trading in my doom/uncharted's instead of returning them. I still have 2 left, but I will exchange one for Mirror's Edge next week and something else (no man's sky or Lego Star Wars) later in the month.

Does the donate button on the spreadsheet really give money to you? I might throw some your way for all your help. Much appreciated!
That's a good idea, I am left with 2 copies of Doom and a UC4. Maybe I'll just exchange the PS4 Doom for Lego Star Wars for the kids when it comes out.

Yes, it does. Gives me motivation to complete grinding through BB and GS prices/TIV comparisons and eventually get amazon and target.

BB's website is a PITA to do string manipulation to and Amazon is looking to be one as well.

This trade in deal has put me closer to this gen - making it slightly easier to leave last gen behind.  With my eyes set on a new 4k tv with HDR anticipating the the Neo and Scorpio's arrival, I managed to trade in a bunch of last gen games that were in my back log that I knew I probably wouldn't get around to playing.  

Like others have said today was a good day!  Damn it feels good to be a cag.

EDIT;

ALSO - big thanks to all of you who made this possible! 

I got banned from my activity yesterday. Too many 360 slim power supplies. I have learned it it takes A day for their system to notice, so trade as much as you can in a single day if done my that.

Worth keeping the minecrafts for other flips? Otherwise, still sealed so can return to target.

That's a good idea, I am left with 2 copies of Doom and a UC4. Maybe I'll just exchange the PS4 Doom for Lego Star Wars for the kids when it comes out.
Yes, it does. Gives me motivation to complete grinding through BB and GS prices/TIV comparisons and eventually get amazon and target.
BB's website is a PITA to do string manipulation to and Amazon is looking to be one as well.
that is a good idea, I'll keep doom and exchange uncharted for mirrors edge

Thanks CAGs.  I was a little late to the party but managed to do 2 trades today for just shy of $1000 total.  

Made at least $250 and a copy of Doom and a lost copy of Minecraft Story that managed to slip off the passenger seat and onto the floor mat.  I didn't see it until I got home. 

I did all the BB credit transfers you guys mentioned here plus got rid of  ~8 Wii U games for $48 per.  Not sure what I made on some of those.  And not sure I wanted to trade in a few of those Wii U games  but when you can rebuy for the same price or less then why not!

I got banned from my activity yesterday. Too many 360 slim power supplies. I have learned it it takes A day for their system to notice, so trade as much as you can in a single day if done my that.

Worth keeping the minecrafts for other flips? Otherwise, still sealed so can return to target.
Wait how many of those did you trade in this month lol

Banned from trading only. When you try to trade the employee gets a message saying you hit a limit. They said its 30 days but it's actually 90. Anybody know the accessories limit?

Traded 10 in one day.
I seriously wonder why no one on this site understand the concept of playing the long game. I've been enjoying these sorts of flips for 10 years now, and I haven't bought anything with actual cash from Gamestop in about that long...because I'm nice, careful, and subtle.

Ran into some weirdos today. Went to a rural Gamestop and attempted to grab some Visas very stealthily and failed. First, I got ridiculously annoyed by the way the staff was handling customers at the time. One was dealing with the "just saved up enough to buy a 360 but I don't know what games I want" guy that kept asking the stupidest questions. Then the other guy was dealing with some lady trading in a 12gb PS3 and 10 games. Her total: $19.xx.

I was buying Battleborn to flip later and just put the Visas with it. Walk up to the counter and put them down. Guy is one of those people that wears a fedora and talks using the same stupid words over and over again, like "indubitably" and "greetings." Anyways, he looks at Battleborn and then takes the Visas and lays them out in a triangle and after the "greetings" he says "first things first, how are you paying for these?" I'm thinking, shit, I'm screwed. I say my Gamestop card and the following words were golden. He says, "Negative on that boss man, can't let you do that. That is class action felony money laundering and I do not want to go to jail to day sir." I just stared at him. The dude behind me looked like this was the most awkward situation he'd ever been in. I just said "oh okay, I'll just take Battleborn." Dude didn't say another word the entire transaction.

FYI, one of my local GS wouldn't allow me to buy any Visa, Kindle, gas cards, or eBay GC with trade credit. He said they got a message from corporate 2 weeks ago to only accept cash or credit for those specific gift cards. I know the system allows it but they are definitely cracking down in my area.
so take a gift card and dress it up a little.

IrTeikz.png

Ran into some weirdos today. Went to a rural Gamestop and attempted to grab some Visas very stealthily and failed. First, I got ridiculously annoyed by the way the staff was handling customers at the time. One was dealing with the "just saved up enough to buy a 360 but I don't know what games I want" guy that kept asking the stupidest questions. Then the other guy was dealing with some lady trading in a 12gb PS3 and 10 games. Her total: $19.xx.

I was buying Battleborn to flip later and just put the Visas with it. Walk up to the counter and put them down. Guy is one of those people that wears a fedora and talks using the same stupid words over and over again, like "indubitably" and "greetings." Anyways, he looks at Battleborn and then takes the Visas and lays them out in a triangle and after the "greetings" he says "first things first, how are you paying for these?" I'm thinking, shit, I'm screwed. I say my Gamestop card and the following words were golden. He says, "Negative on that boss man, can't let you do that. That is class action felony money laundering and I do not want to go to jail to day sir." I just stared at him. The dude behind me looked like this was the most awkward situation he'd ever been in. I just said "oh okay, I'll just take Battleborn." Dude didn't say another word the entire transaction.
While he was acting stupid the reasoning behind it is actually legit.

What do u guys say when buying ebay or amazon gc? I just tell em I just want to put ____ in this. They look at my trade credit card but they don't stop it

OK, I need some advice here. I went in earlier today and traded a bunch of games to get $129.67 in store credit. The associate told me I had to buy Doom or Uncharted 4 to get the extra 50% credit bump. The copy of Doom is new and factory sealed, not "GameStop sealed," and I asked for a gift receipt. Can I simply go back this week, return the game with the gift receipt, and get them to put the $59.99 credit back on my Pro account, or do I have to do an exchange for another item? I want to buy some gaming gift cards next time I go back to the store. Didn't do it today in case it was going to cause them to get wise.
yes that's fine, but you're safer waiting another week and returning to a different store. also, lay low in your apartment til then and pull the shades.

So anyone get the "to help prevent you from flipping, we limit the amount of items purchased by a single account at one time." "This buying limit is temporary, come back later when the gamestop 50% promo ends because you only have 30 minutes anyway and that's not enough time to buy some games at bestbuy with ebay gc which takes at least 20 minutes to receive and flip those games to gamestop"
I wish I had the answer to this, but it may be some sort of a durationary lock in combo with a certain dollar threshold. Like if you try to place 2 orders, each over $150 within the span of an hour or less.

LOL, if our store hired someone like that I'd quit.

i wish gamestop hired more part time help. i see the same 4 people enough that i know what their schedule is. how is it possible only 4 people work there? they fucking work from open to close.

Contemplating doing a BB to GS run again. I didn't really take advantage of the BB flips except Minecraft and rise of the tomb raider. Didn't have enough credit to throw around. This time it's a preorder too so that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back