GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I'm a casual trader and never really try to use the system. So I'm trying to get a Pro and have a few games I'd like to trade in. I could use the 20%, but I'm wondering if I trade in a bunch of games well above the cost of Pokemon, can I get that x40%? Can I say trade in $175 worth of games towards just Pokemon and then have that multiplied? Can I then cancel Pokemon and then keep the amount?

Thanks.
You could just put $5 on Pokemon then cancel it later or move it towards something else.

Each time I calculate the values it seems like they are boomerangs assuming they hold.

One of my local stores just closed and they sent a 20% off entire purchase coupon, wonder if that would stack with B2G1 on BF. I was hoping for some more deals to use the coupon with but I don't see much.

Thinking about trading in my OG ps4 for a Pro, my controller is a bit worn out, the rubber is peeling off the analog stick, would they still take it for full trade in value? 

EDIT: Does anyone have any experience with pre-owned 2DSes? I was thinking of getting my daughter one for Christmas. I was hoping for a $50 BF deal but I haven't seen anything. $60 pre-owned isn't *awful* since I have GS credit but that soft, damageable 3DS touchscreen gives me pause.
$69 refurb 2ds on Ebay direct from Nintendo with 1 yr warranty.

$69 refurb 2ds on Ebay direct from Nintendo with 1 yr warranty.
Thanks (and to others who replied). I was thinking of selling my old 3DS XL and using that money to buy a 2DS but it's probably better to just hang onto my XL and let my daughter play with it. I doubt I'd get that much more for it than it would cost to get a 2DS. I was originally hoping for a $50 deal. I suppose that's possible sometime before Christmas.

Thanks (and to others who replied). I was thinking of selling my old 3DS XL and using that money to buy a 2DS but it's probably better to just hang onto my XL and let my daughter play with it. I doubt I'd get that much more for it than it would cost to get a 2DS. I was originally hoping for a $50 deal. I suppose that's possible sometime before Christmas.
not sure how old your daughter is but a 2ds might suit her better, my son loves his 2ds, I spent $100. It's incredibly durable and it's comfortable for their little hands and no 3d so it can't harm their eyes. $60 ($69) for a refurbished from Nintendo is actually a great deal and I highly recommend that.

No. The past two years it has been disallowed. I doubt they change it back this year.
well that's a bummer, have enough points for a $50 x $25 off coupon from powerup rewards and was gonna use on black friday with my xbox one s

might just save it when they eventually restock NES classic

You could just put $5 on Pokemon then cancel it later or move it towards something else.

Each time I calculate the values it seems like they are boomerangs assuming they hold.
Oh so I just have to put $5 on it and the trade in values will be multiplied by the promo? Ok cool.

well that's a bummer, have enough points for a $50 x $25 off coupon from powerup rewards and was gonna use on black friday with my xbox one s

might just save it when they eventually restock NES classic
If any good boomerangs come up between now and BF you could convert the certs to credit and use that on BF.

So I guess we'll get 2 b2g1 coupons for renewing tomorrow , one in a few days and the one in Jan. That and the 50% coupon for Jan is reason enough to renew into 2024.

Has anybody traded in the New 3ds System (non XL)? Do you have to trade in the system with plates with it? I bought the pokemon edition and no way I will give them the plates. I also have extra plates but were somewhat pricey since they were imported.  

Hm...there might be a 50% bonus credit on ANYTHING traded sometime Black Friday week. Slowly finding some possible upcoming promotions. Don't want to confirm anything until my store gets our FSI kits.
o wowzers, hope so, then I'm getting rid of my last ipad 4 mini... lol

anyways would the Pokemon cards work for the +40% trade in value if getting a Pokemon collectible? think that's the lowest priced item lol

I just hope they have another thumb stick grip sale again. $1.99 for some pretty good grips I only bought 2 and they got worn after a lot of blops3 usage. Would like to buy a lot more this time

Got to love GameStop'a idea of "New". Ugh.
Oh well can't complain for $10 I suppose.

f0d6de9cfa2fd81bde01b81c24b20d1a.jpg

I just hope they have another thumb stick grip sale again. $1.99 for some pretty good grips I only bought 2 and they got worn after a lot of blops3 usage. Would like to buy a lot more this time
I bought a couple sets of thumbgrips from eBay. They come direct from China at a fraction of the cost. Not as fancy as kontrolfreeks but they get the job done.

So if I bought he Gears of War console bundle, can I do a return (even if I opened it), and rebuy to get a few game that is being offered this week?

My bad, was under the assumption it would so just warning whoever else was potentially expecting it
no problem, that is just the easiest way to tell if something will stack, if its automatic at the register it will usually stack with a coupon or a bonus, but if it requires a scan it usually just gives the best of the two promos.

no problem, that is just the easiest way to tell if something will stack, if its automatic at the register it will usually stack with a coupon or a bonus, but if it requires a scan it usually just gives the best of the two promos.
I think I was still thinking along the lines of the last pro day where they adjusted values in the app beforehand. Oh well, still decent values and picked up the last copy of a newish Mad Max they had along with Witcher III, which is what I was after

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back