GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
$44 for Destiny with the PS4 Pro bundle sounds solid. I remember reading some reporting that the game was zeroed out while at the store which would make it's refund value zero. You must have bought the bundle online?

Side note: Bought FFXV for the PS4 before closing; it indeed did come with the FF King's Tales code on the receipt. Not sure if it's going to continue tomorrow as I read it was supposed to be for pre orders only as stated earlier. Got a nice little bonus, clerk let me keep the free game from a B2G1 transaction last week when I was returning all 3 games. Suggested I trade in the game on the spot towards FF XV.
yep i did get it online :). I got ff xv too and found that code on my receipt didn't notice it until you told me so thanks! :) what does the code do? is it dlc?

It's a separate side story mini game related to FF XV so it's not direct DLC.
It is a story told by the King to his Son. It is fictitious and not important to the story possibly or partially true and gives true details on characters. It is also fairly short but a decent time sink of 3 hours possibly more or less if you aren't that good.

Anyone know how a return would work in this case.

4 x 5.99 retro game (two free from B2G1)

1 x 29.99 retro game (Probably will return)

1 x 14.99 retro game (Probably will return)

I am most likely going to return the more expensive games depending on condition. If a employee does a return will it take the two higher cost games and two $5.99 games leaving me to keep the other two $5.99 games with the applied discounts? Or will they have to return the entire order and then sell me the cheaper games at full price without the 26% discount?

20% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD:
WATCH DOGS 2
DEAD RISING 4
LAST GUARDIAN,
POKEMON SUN OR MOON
DISHONORED 2
FINAL FANTASY X
Anyone know the base for watch dogs 2 , can't seem to find it on the app or website?

Anyone know how a return would work in this case.

4 x 5.99 retro game (two free from B2G1)

1 x 29.99 retro game (Probably will return)

1 x 14.99 retro game (Probably will return)

I am most likely going to return the more expensive games depending on condition. If a employee does a return will it take the two higher cost games and two $5.99 games leaving me to keep the other two $5.99 games with the applied discounts? Or will they have to return the entire order and then sell me the cheaper games at full price without the 26% discount?
If they are part of the b2g1 deal then they all have to go back. You can't buy 3 $15 games for $30 and return 2 to keep the third game for free.

Gamestop Wednesday TIV / Price changes!!!

Biggest Offenders:

:360: Elder Scrolls Oblivion - $4.99 --> $19.99
:360: Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY - $12.99 --> $24.99
Not surprising with the announcement of oblivion to backwards compatible. Pretty sure I still have mine, maybe I'll load it up.

At least they brought up the TIV of Oblivion to reflect the price increase

But can someone tell me why the vanilla game has a higher TIV than the GOTY edition with all the DLC...?

B2G1 return question wasn't sure where to ask. I bought 2x Afrika (what I wanted) and 1x JoJo for PS3 as my free game. Only JoJo has shipped and arrived and I'm worried that after the return period is up they will cancel Afrika and leave me with JoJo. The slip says $35.99 (and doesn't show the other games on it) and the other games are $18.99 each on the online order. If I return the JoJo now will I get my $35.99 as it shows on the slip or will they see the B2G1 somehow and I can only return it when I have everything in.

It would more than likely depend on the employee you get. I'm almost certain they can view the entire order on the computer. If they wanted, they could let you return just one game but stricter employees will require all 3 to be returned. Doesn't hurt to try though, I would definitely do it before the return period is up because contacting customer service about it will be a headache afterwards.

I bought 2x Afrika (what I wanted) and 1x JoJo for PS3
I would be surprised if they even had 2 Afrikas in inventory nationwide. Usually if you can't get it online they don't really have stock in stores since they now direct ship from stores with online orders.

RaTZdxQ.jpg

GameStop's are supposedly getting NES Classic restocked today or tomorrow. You should call your local GS.

Anyone know how to search for GS inventory online? I can't even find the NES Classic page.

Does anyone care to enlighten me as to why this game is so rare?
Just not a lot sold. Easy to find on ebay if your willing to shell out $50-$70. Extremly hard to find sitting on a shelf at Gamestop since they sold it relatively cheaper than ebay in the past few years up until today.

GameStop's are supposedly getting NES Classic restocked today or tomorrow. You should call your local GS.

Anyone know how to search for GS inventory online? I can't even find the NES Classic page.
Used to be this sku but it was taken off the website shortly before BF.

http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/StoreSearch.aspx?sku=134316

EDIT: Found this - http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-nes-classic-collectible-edition-bundle/138475

Also if you look at the page source they have the sku = B134316D

There is no way to check store inventory for this so far.

So for an extra $70 at gamestop you get a peach / bowser canvas art and a controller extension cable?

Update on my problem from yesterday. Went back to the Gamestop I bought CoD at and they got in Legacy copies this morning so he let me use my preowned certificates toward a new copy. Of course I had to pay the $8 difference. Not one to argue, so I just paid it. I'll make up the difference in my next set of flips. 

Update on my problem from yesterday. Went back to the Gamestop I bought CoD at and they got in Legacy copies this morning so he let me use my preowned certificates toward a new copy. Of course I had to pay the $8 difference. Not one to argue, so I just paid it. I'll make up the difference in my next set of flips.
... did you ever fill out the survey before doing all of this? The one time I left a really bad review the district manager called me and was bending over backwards trying to make it right. No way would I pay an extra $8 for their screw up.

Any chance there would be some kind of deal on used 3ds games between now and the end of year to use the certs on? B2g1 or anything
They had a B2G1 after xmas last year. But I wouldn't wait. I waited last year and, guess what, there wasn't a great selection of games after xmas. Plus using the certs on a B2G1 is a pain.

So if you got a bunch during Cyber Monday I would use them as soon as possible.

Pokemon games hold their value? Not sure what I should spend these cyber monday certs on, thinking I'm close to the trade limit. I would like to flip it all back eventually, or to Best Buy.

I shouldn't have bought so many $25 certs. Most of the vita games I don't have don't cost that much. Guess I will have to stock up on Pokémon.

... did you ever fill out the survey before doing all of this? The one time I left a really bad review the district manager called me and was bending over backwards trying to make it right. No way would I pay an extra $8 for their screw up.
I filled it out still waiting for a response.

I bought some stuff on Black Friday off the website with trade credit. Is it true if I return it in store they'll give me cash back? I want the trade credit back and not a gift card so I can get something and not pay tax but if they give me cash I can live with that too.

If anyone is fortunate enough to have a bday coupon or is getting one next month the 20% comes off before pur $ off coupons. Also the 5$ extra trade coupon is still working.

If they are part of the b2g1 deal then they all have to go back. You can't buy 3 $15 games for $30 and return 2 to keep the third game for free.
I added a game at the last second and forgot to update 4 to 5 copies to keep one outside of the B2G1 so I could return the others while keeping the discount active on the extra copy. I ordered a bunch because I feel like I have a better chance of getting a copy in good condition but that didn't help me with the package I received yesterday. I had to return everything because they were all in horrible condition.

Asked earlier and it got lost in the shuffle. I have a 20 off 60+ Xbox one game from the gears pre-order promo a while back. It doesn't specify if it works on digital or not. Anyone know if I can use the coupon in store on a digital copy of an X1 game?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What do you guys do with your GS credit now that they don't carry Amazon credit? Makes me want to sell it on CL instead
flip items to Amazon or BB when opportunities present themselves. Or use it on food gift cards. They've added a bunch, such as Uber, Chipotle, Panera, which come in handy.

So with a birthday coupon and a discounted $10 cert I could get Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for about $23. I here the DLC plan is extensive so it gives me pause to just wait on a complete edition.

Really? They made you pay $8 for their fuckup?

Lol its pretty funny. He was given the opportunity to pay $8 for their mess up and he did.
I don't see how all of you guys think he should pay for a new copy of a game for the same price as a used one. I get that GS fucked up his original order, but he still had the option to return it and get a refund for what he paid, and get any certs back that he used. But he shouldn't be expected to walk away with a new copy of a game at the same price as a used one. GS would be losing money that way, since they only make about $3 with every new game sold. I think they letting him use the preowned certs on a new copy is enough of a compensation for his trouble.

Just my two cents.

What do you guys do with your GS credit now that they don't carry Amazon credit? Makes me want to sell it on CL instead
I flipped mine to Best Buy. Ended up flipping back a few hundred to GS last week to get some stuff I needed. Lots of options for either using BB credit for stuff I need or cashing it out if I need cash.

Plenty of good credit transfers to AMZ from GS :) I posted a lot today in the AMZ trade in thread!

I bought some stuff on Black Friday off the website with trade credit. Is it true if I return it in store they'll give me cash back? I want the trade credit back and not a gift card so I can get something and not pay tax but if they give me cash I can live with that too.
I can find out tomorrow because I bought the black 3DS online with trade credit and I want to return/rebuy to save on tax. If they give me cash back, then it defeats the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back