GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to be the 10,000th person to ask this question. I should have bookmarked it. I checked the OP. How exactly to you get to that gamestop.com page that shows your previous trades? This should probably be added to the OP unless I'm an idiot and missed it. 

so are you guys buying the game to get the promo bonus and then return them?
are you guys getting resistance from GS employee when you try to return the game (you purchase to get the bonus)?
Preorder a game putting $5 down. In this case, Rime is a good choice because there is no set release date. Whether you have to pay it off in full or not is YMMV.

are you guys getting resistance from GS employee when you try to return the game (you purchase to get the bonus)?
No, just put $5 down then the bonus should kick in for all games, then just go another day and cancel.

Full payment is YMMV

Edit:

^ what he said.

I was going to put $5 on rime and just never pay it off, but the guy told me I had to pay it off in full. So instead I just got the bump with Guardians and will return it later in the week.

Heads up, just tried preordering Stormblood for the bonus since I'm getting it anyways, it seems those games for that promo don't start until tomorrow. The employee had to manual add the 40%(which was very nice of her)

Anyway, just a heads up for those who haven't purchased NBA 2k17 for 360/PS3 BB with GCU has it for 15.99 and it Trades in for $37.50 with bonus.
Nice. I had $30 in BB credit and a couple other games I wanted to trade to GS. Picked up a copy of 360 and PS3 and traded them with my other games.

Went back for another $50-$100 flip with the nba2k17 and xcom on xb1. Bought rime and rebought uncharted collection. They gave me a shitty redbox disc with label damage.. gotta go back later.
This is way i always check the discs before i leave. One of the stores i went today i picked up a mario party 9, when i checked the disc it had a crack on the side. Employee acted like it was no big deal. GG gamestop

this is getting to be too easy. 1 nba 2k17 on 360, 1 on ps3 and an xb1 pvsz gw2 for $52.34 turned into $112.50 gamestop credit. the best buy had a few more nba 2k17 for ps3, but I didnt feel like going too crazy this month after the targetclearancepalooza last month.

I'm sorry to be the 10,000th person to ask this question. I should have bookmarked it. I checked the OP. How exactly to you get to that gamestop.com page that shows your previous trades? This should probably be added to the OP unless I'm an idiot and missed it.
From the FAQ:

Q: Where can I see my trade-in history?
A: Login on m.poweruprewards.com (mobile site only), then go to "Card Activity."

I honestly think this strategy might be more counterproductive in the long run. By doing that you'll further encourage him on no longer allowing you to deposit the minimum, covering his ass. Maybe doing a return is much more forgiving than cancelling a preorder, just my guess...
It's not in my best interest, and I need to probably just get over it (I think I'm just annoyed that he made me make a duplicate pre-order even though I already put $5 down on that game, Mario Odyssey, previously).

The guy who hit me with that at one store is cool so I will just pick up the preorder and return it. The other dude was a dick bag about it so I will probably go back later this week and cancel it on him. I will never understand why a retail drone feels the need to take an attitude about things, I totally understand that working during a holiday weekend sucks but you can be polite and professional about your job regardless.
Maybe they get off to whatever little power they have? I dunno.

Can't believe they enforce a $400 trade ban on cash during this huge iPad iPhone trade in event. Can a manager kindly override such a ban if they're actually cool with you trading in a 7 Plus worth more alone than the ban itself?

I can imagine non CAGs being f'ing irate that they get banned from a store for something legitimate, not criminal, that a store actually allows you to do. It's some Soup Nazi sh**. "I'd like to trade in my iPad Pro for cash." "Why sure can, here you go... now you're banned from the store, bye."

Like I would intentionally trade a game in immediately after in a separate transaction just to expose how crazy it is they'd ban me from the store right there to my face. At least have the decency to say "hey, you're technically allowed to trade devices like cell phones and tablets into GameStops, but can only do it once and are banned from the store for three months afterward and can only trade in software ever again, STILL WANT TO TRADE THAT IPOD?"

Traded in most of my physical games today, getting $45 for Persona 5 (plat'd) and $37.50 for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (sadly mostly unplayed) was fantastic.  I'm at mostly digital games right now, will clear out a few.

The hard one was Yakuza 0, I wanna kind of play right now but after P5 I wanna play a few western games for a bit before diving back into Japan town.  I'm sure it'll go on sale at best buy soon enough too.

Two different groups of teenagers came in while I was trading and asked if switches were in stock (no, but guy said you can buy a bundle online).  I still can't believe how many people are thirsty for a switch.

Unpopular cag opinion. If youre not willing to lose a few bucks on buying a game and trading it in a month later with the next trade in boost, youre doing it wrong.

Just take the loss on the game, it ont be much, maybe $10-$20. You already gained sooooooooo much in credit. It also serves a couple of better purposes.

1. Will keep you from getting remembered as the asshole who gets the boost and returns the game. Doesn't matter if you take it to another store. Gamestops dont like returns. Eventually, youll be called on it.

2. Keeps lost prevention from getting on to you and perhaps banning you on day.

3. You don't have to deal with any employee bullshit. Long lines, whatever is the case. You can stay home and chill.

These are all greater good scenarios. Like I said, if that $10-$15 is worth it to you, then youre doing this wrong. That should be a loss worth taking.

I haven't done a BB/GS run since October 2016. I felt so out of the game, and I was actually nervous about trying this whole thing (especially since last time, one of the employees behaved like a Jr. Detective)...

But there was a nice bump here and I have slowed down gaming this year, so I could get rid of a lot of high-value games. I thought about giving this a run, and surprisingly, everything went super smooth. Ended up getting $450 on a trade-in credit (which I understand is not much compared to a lot of you, but it felt pretty darn good to get this done after being out of the game for 8 months) and a copy of Guardians of the Galaxy (gutted as a new copy; SHAME on you GameStop).

Overall, a successful day and a successful return :)

Already ran into trouble at my first stop this morning. Bought two copies of PvZ2 at Best Buy, the lady says "hmmm are these gifts? I hope you aren't reselling these..."
I just tell them it's graduation gifts. This worked well during a major flip exactly one year ago when I bought about 10 at once.

Thanks for every one giving updates an all for games that worked for the flip. I did some doubles today hit 2 gamestops. They even added a $5 promo on top of my 50% bonus so was really cool. Found a collector edition of overwatch they had still sitting way up on a shelf for $72. Only issue I had was they wouldn't take two copies of a game on trade at one store.

Well I kept rime but I returned the surge. It seems like a game that will be cheap and I have too much backlog. I hope no jr detectives give me trouble.

It's the first time I've ever returned a bonus value game, and I don't do doubles. I also don't get anywhere near the trade limit as I usually only trade $100-200 during these bump weekends.

But I also bought $250 in Amazon gift cards this weekend all with trade credit so I hope it doesn't set off any weird triggers.

Last edited:
The website says minimum age is 13 for Poweruprewards. I assume that's the same for pro too? I was thinking of signing up my 16yr old to do his own flipping but are they going to use my ID which would affect my own acct?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Did anyone try the mass effects on xbox 360 for trade in as the trilogy? They are all on the 4/20 and trilogy trades for base of $16. Didnt know if disks were marked different on the trilogy. Figured a good boomerang in the sale if it worked like the ps3 blops 1-2.

Did anyone try the mass effects on xbox 360 for trade in as the trilogy? They are all on the 4/20 and trilogy trades for base of $16. Didnt know if disks were marked different on the trilogy. Figured a good boomerang in the sale if it worked like the ps3 blops 1-2.
The trilogy discs look different.

I think that knowingly trading cheaper loose discs as compilation versions is probably borderline and shouldn't be encouraged.

But I don't make the rules so

Did a big circle run of 4 gamestops and made about $400 credit, 60 day time card for FFXIV, and Rime for PS4 with only $40 out of pocket (plus my previous credit balance). Still have some extra games for one more trade run, but might have a problem.

The last store I went to, just as they started my trade, someone from another store in the area called and gave them a name of someone to not accept returns from (long island cag returning bonus games?). The guy who took that call and did my trade asked me as he was finishing, "I don't really care, but what kind of racket are you running?" I'm like What? Apparently, someone yesterday traded in the exact same games as me and also bought Guardians. GS employee wanted to know if we were working together and buying them cheap somewhere. I truthfully said I didn't know the other guy, but may have a Jr detective on me now.

After that call about not accepting trade ins, I'm worried this guy might call around to other stores before I go out for my last trade tomorrow. Got 6 more games to get rid of.

Any Long Island CAGs, careful at the Rocky Point gamestop.

Does anyone know what the current turn around time is for renewing Pro and getting the b2g1 coupon?  I know people had trouble a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure if that was still the case.

So the stealth bump doesn't end today, but the 50% bonuses on pre orders and on tech end today ?
The hidden gem and tech trade bonus do end today, but tomorrow there will be a new 50% bonus for The Elder Scrolls Online, MXGP3, and Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. Stealth bump prices end after closing Monday.

The hidden gem and tech trade bonus do end today, but tomorrow there will be a new 50% bonus for The Elder Scrolls Online, MXGP3, and Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. Stealth bump prices end after closing Monday.
Okay thanks just saw the fine print on Rime being through 6/18.

Good chance some one different will be on tomorrow if you go during a different time frame could help also.
Did a big circle run of 4 gamestops and made about $400 credit, 60 day time card for FFXIV, and Rime for PS4 with only $40 out of pocket (plus my previous credit balance). Still have some extra games for one more trade run, but might have a problem.

The last store I went to, just as they started my trade, someone from another store in the area called and gave them a name of someone to not accept returns from (long island cag returning bonus games?). The guy who took that call and did my trade asked me as he was finishing, "I don't really care, but what kind of racket are you running?" I'm like What? Apparently, someone yesterday traded in the exact same games as me and also bought Guardians. GS employee wanted to know if we were working together and buying them cheap somewhere. I truthfully said I didn't know the other guy, but may have a Jr detective on me now.

After that call about not accepting trade ins, I'm worried this guy might call around to other stores before I go out for my last trade tomorrow. Got 6 more games to get rid of.

Any Long Island CAGs, careful at the Rocky Point gamestop.

I'm stupid. I mistakenly only bought 11 games from Gamestop with my B2G1 today. Somehow I totally missed the 12th game. Hopefully the manager is understanding and lets me pick up the 12th game. 

Edit: Thinking about it more not even sure if its worth bringing attention to it.

Good chance some one different will be on tomorrow if you go during a different time frame could help also.
I won't be going to the same GS, going to one I haven't hit yet this bump. Just worried he might call around like the call he got while I was there, or he might put a note on my account. Won't matter too much, I only have a few games left and holding onto them or selling them elsewhere I will still have made out plenty.

Lol... didn't realize the current hidden gems end today.  Guess I'll be making a run tonight as I'm not interested in any of the new games listed

edit: Actually, I'll go tomorrow and pay off MXGP 3 in full since it isn't out yet.  Then I'll just transfer the monies to something else later.

Hmmmm... nothing I really want is coming out until Shadow of War.  Maybe I'll just use that money later to finish paying it off

Imho, I feel it's best to limit the amount of repetitive posting of what you picked up and traded.

The more people do this, the higher likelihood for some unwanted eyes to see this behavior.

If you have an interesting experience, positive or negative, post away. But all of this simple, I picked up PvZ from here and got $100 is really unnecessary and kind of boring.

Maybe I'm just old-school like that.
Again, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back