Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

I think the reaper idea was cool, but giving it to community members was the mistake. I dont think they should be allowed to pair up with other reapers, or play in ranked or private matches. I agree its lame that some guys have it for 2-4 weeks in a row without giving someone else a chance to be it. Then some die hard fan like me who has played over 2,700 hours of gears 3, has seriously 2.0, seriously 3.0, and seriously judgmental, who has the gears xbox, gears 1, gears 2 LE, and Gears 3 epic edition, not to mention about 20 gears figures, and loves the series for the most part, has no chance to be a reaper because they pick popular people from epic forums. Im not saying i deserve to be a reaper, but just as an example i wont ever be a reaper, no matter how much i buy their products or love their franchise, because im not a popular epic forum member. They dont even say why these people deserve to be a reaper, its just here they are, for the 3rd week in a row.

If anything im really really hoping that they have learned how trash gears Judgment is. I mean its not totally bad, i still think it would be good if they made frags and inks pickups only, and put a delay on the shot+melee reverse 2piece move. If they changed those two things i think i would like the game a lot more. It still wouldnt be as good as gears 3 or gears 2 IMO, but it would be a lot better.

Hopefully next gen they bring back what made gears so great. Bring back locusts, bring back game modes like horde, guardian, hell give me submission. Just stop trying to make this game into every other regular shooter. Its killing the series, and if they do it again im done.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Is this really the last DLC for the season pass? Hopefully get another batch.

I think the reason we got Checkout is they had a vote on their website and everyone was voting for it.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the 2nd?

The first was the one with Blood Drive. I would assume that there's a 3rd pack coming late summer.

EDIT: Yup, Call To Arms was DLC #1, Lost Relics will be #2.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...8024d530a26?downloadType=GameAddon&noSplash=1

Haven and Dreadnaught are Free MAXIM DLC and do not apply as part of the Season Pass.

Epic lays down Gears of War: Judgment with new multiplayer DLC in June. The 'Lost Relics' pack a new gametype and four further maps, including the return of 'Checkout' from Gears of War 3. Also bundled in are new armor and weapon skins.

The gametype is called Breakthrough. It features one team trying to get a flag from A to B, and another trying to stop them. The attacking team has a limited pool of lives, while the defensive team has unlimited resources. Sounds like the attacking team's has their work cut out.

You can peruse layouts of the four maps - that's Checkout, Lost City, Museum, and Ward (for OverRun) - in the gallery just below these words. More details are due in the coming weeks. Finally, in case you missed it, Judgment received a free OverRun map earlier this week.

Giving away some extra codes to the CAG community, please post when you've redeemed:

Jungle Tai
*redeemed*

Web Weapon Skin
P7MX3-73DW2-TQM32-P72H9-774TZ

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VoltronGuy']Giving away some extra codes to the CAG community, please post when you've redeemed:

Jungle Tai
3XDP3-FP6J3-D7XHW-KQJHM-4TPDZ

Web Weapon Skin
P7MX3-73DW2-TQM32-P72H9-774TZ[/QUOTE]

The Jungle Tai code had already been redeemed. Thanks anyway.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/964885-5-30-Update-TU-Notes-amp-Lost-Relic-Achievements

Not sure if people have seen this yet, but there's the information for that Title Update that's been talked about for a while now by Epic. Oddly, the ability to get the previous DLC Achievements in Private are not mentioned. People have already asked and Jim Brown is saying it's in. While most of the new ones can be done in private, there's one particular achievement that does require playing online in this DLC, but it also requires Gold Weapon Skins and the Gold Armor Skin. Better start saving up your Rare Prize Boxes. You'll definitely need a team of 5, if not 10 players for that one (the wording isn't clear if everyone, including the enemy team needs them).

I think i have 1 rare and 1 normal prize box waiting. But i need both gold and bee armor skins for the rare prize box, not to mention i might get a gun skin. Not sure if you get gun skins from that. It would be really annoying if i dont get gold armor. Im sure i already have gold camo for one shotty and one rifle. But what a dumb achievement. People might have to play hours and hours more just to get the camo to get the achievement.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I think i have 1 rare and 1 normal prize box waiting. But i need both gold and bee armor skins for the rare prize box, not to mention i might get a gun skin. Not sure if you get gun skins from that. It would be really annoying if i dont get gold armor. Im sure i already have gold camo for one shotty and one rifle. But what a dumb achievement. People might have to play hours and hours more just to get the camo to get the achievement.[/QUOTE]
This makes the Car No. 13 achievement look kind since they gave you the skin and you only needed 4 other players.

It's somewhat strange because not even a week ago I complained that I thought it was lame that the Epic developers didn't regularly use the Reaper skin. This, naturally, caused the loyal posters there to bitch that I shouldn't impose on Epic employees and that they can use what characters they like. But Epic has no problem restricting players to use specific items, which they may or may not have, and, if they lack them, could take a long time to get (unless you use the prize box glitch, which I'd encourage...seriously).

I just hate this double standard. Though it is interesting that the same people who bitched at me for pointing out Epic's exclusive that they seem to rarely use are now bitching about this achievement.

Why not just make it unlock the Embry Star? It's something everyone can do, as many of the medals take little effort.

Yeah i personally think the wear X skin achievements are dumb. They already have a "everyone wear UIR skin" achievement. They also need to make one with a skin that you have to hope you unlock? What a scam to get people to play their games longer.

Wow those achievements are super lame. I hated the last round of DLC achievements and these are just as bad.

Also winning 10 waves on the first e-hole? Me and my friend were joking about that, and apparently It's going to happen? Uber BS.

But the skin achievements bother me the most. I've never cared for them.

I've got nothing against boosting but I think it's lame when games have achievements that you would never get in a million years UNLESS you were specifically boosting for that achievement. This game is a big offender.

I counted how many things i can unlock in my rare prizebox and there are 12 things i could unlock. So i could potentially need 11 more rare prizeboxes before i hit gold armor skin. :bomb:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wow those achievements are super lame. I hated the last round of DLC achievements and these are just as bad.

Also winning 10 waves on the first e-hole? Me and my friend were joking about that, and apparently It's going to happen? Uber BS.
[/QUOTE]
Fortunately there is no class restriction, so a team with a few Bairds and some communication should be able to get that done.

I lack a Gold Markza and Gnasher, but have a Gold Sawed-Off and the other weapons and the Armor Skin. Hopefully that would let me get this done.

I guess it's just 19 more events, and then I'm done with this game, and probably the series. If there are others like me that have all the Gold Stuff needed, I'll be willing to keep playing to help. Just message me about it. From the looks of what other people are saying, it definitely seems like it's going to be a 10 Person requirement, with it probably requiring at least 2 matches to make sure each side gets their win.

Wow!  Gonna take a while to get used to CAG's new look.

I don't have any of the Gold weapons or armor skins but I've got a bunch of boxes ready to be opened once the prizes get fixed.
Any word on the DLC release date?

Anyone want to set up a achievement team lobby when the new DLC comes out? Hopefully we could get all 3 required armor ones. PM me if you are interested.

Wow! Gonna take a while to get used to CAG's new look.

I don't have any of the Gold weapons or armor skins but I've got a bunch of boxes ready to be opened once the prizes get fixed.
Any word on the DLC release date?
Nothing yet. They're supposed to be announcing it at E3...for some reason. I assume they'll be announcing Fortnite while they're there, or something, and this will just be added on near the end of their conference to make it seem like Judgment is getting support and "more content!!"

Anyone want to set up a achievement team lobby when the new DLC comes out? Hopefully we could get all 3 required armor ones. PM me if you are interested.
You might have a hard time getting 10 people for that Gold one.

Check out the Gears of War: Judgment page on the Epic Forums site. People are trying to assemble groups there (though I think it'll just be the cool kids playing with each other). It's disappointing that you can't use a guest account for the Gold armor and weapon skins, so that you'd only need 5 people with an extra controller each for this.

If you're having a hard time getting Rare Prize Boxes, play Survival as Paduk (preferably on Casual). Keep tossing out that Spot Grenade at key travel areas, headshot sprees of three with the Markza, and use your Snub for five spree kills and you'll get a lot of Ribbons per game. Not hundreds of them, but a decent amount.

If you're having a hard time getting Rare Prize Boxes, play Survival as Paduk (preferably on Casual). Keep tossing out that Spot Grenade at key travel areas, headshot sprees of three with the Markza, and use your Snub for five spree kills and you'll get a lot of Ribbons per game. Not hundreds of them, but a decent amount.
So that's why so many people are playing as Paduk...with me being the lone soldier. I haven't been in a game where they're all Paduks but at least 2 Paduks per game. And, they're all looking to be handfed ammo, putting up tons of shots, hiding in tough spots to hit with the ammo box, and nudging me for attention in the thick of a firefight.

Do you really need 10 people? I assumed it was a team of 5, as 10 seems a bit ridiculous for a public match. Anyways, if there aren't enough people here I'll go to epic or X360A forums.

Yup, it sux that they didnt' at least mention it's upcoming release or that it was moved back to a July release.

I've noticed that there have been more people playing Survival mode....But, a majority of them are players not familiar with team co-op and try and take on too much by themselves or choose characters that the team is already overloaded with (3 or 4 Paduks).

Might get news monday i think they are going to do a stream. but yeah its really annoying how epic doesnt really like to give us details on stuff. I mean i dont understand why they keep things so secret so much, maybe they just dont care anymore? Ive only played Judgment twice in the last 2 weeks probably just to play the event, i really dont care about this game anymore.

They have been saying it's coming around the middle of June, and we have to remember that VIPs still get a week early access, too. It's mid-June now, so it has to be coming to VIP this Tuesday. If not, they're just being jackasses about the whole thing.

I still don't get the point of announcing announcements that then turn into more announcements. You'd figure they'd be able to have someone say that it's coming this date, and here's what in it. They do have (horrible) community managers, right?

Yup, it sux that they didnt' at least mention it's upcoming release or that it was moved back to a July release.

I've noticed that there have been more people playing Survival mode....But, a majority of them are players not familiar with team co-op and try and take on too much by themselves or choose characters that the team is already overloaded with (3 or 4 Paduks).
They're supposed to be increasing the amount of XP gained in Survival after the Update (if they haven't already). Hopefully that increases the population in that mode (with competent players).

So i downloaded the new DLC and opened my rare prize box and it was...... drum roll...... bee armor skin. :bomb:

Now i have to get more rare prize boxes just to get that gold achievement, which makes me not want to play this game.

So I was fortunate enough to play with a few people from the Gears site, and for Golden Artifacts you only need to have 5 people playing (and with the Gold Armor and Gold Weapons), not 10.  For Gold Weapons, you need a Gold Shotgun and Rifle; so if you have a Gold Gnasher or Sawed-Off, you'd need a Gold Lancer, as that is what the game gives you as your rifle when you start the match.  Likewise, if you have a Gold Rifle (Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Classic Hammerburst, or Markza), you need a Gold Gnasher, as that is the secondary weapon the game gives you.  You can choose your weapon skin at the Character Setup screen.  Just hit the start button when on the Gold Weapon skin to set it to all of your guns.  You can only equip one specific gun, so, as just mentioned, the secondary is imposed, but will have your desired weapon skin applied to it.  

Also, if you enjoyed this weeks Special Event, you might want to play it again.  *Wink*

It's good that we only need 5 people but sux that you have to have Gold armor, rifle and Shotty. 

I opened up my 2 epics/4 rares/ 2 normals and only got the gold gnash and gold bushka plus the other stuff that doesn't help with this.  So, I guess I won't be getting this achiev in anytime soon.

I'm guessing checkout is a straight up port because that's what it looks like.

I didn't try the latest survival/vs map, but everything seems meh. Which is in line for all these Gears DLC.

The flag capturing mode was pretty boring to, but hey that's just me.

The best news is a lot of achievements can be done via private match.

Also, if you enjoyed this weeks Special Event, you might want to play it again. *Wink*

Why do you say that? I think it was a digger event this week.
I think you can get another special event ribbon for playing it again with the new DLC downloaded.
If I posted that over at the Epic Games Forum that post would be deleted within an hour, and maybe the whole thread, and I would potentially be banned. So, no...I neither typed nor said anything like that.

Ya Dig? Again... Ribbit.

I'm guessing checkout is a straight up port because that's what it looks like.

I didn't try the latest survival/vs map, but everything seems meh. Which is in line for all these Gears DLC.

The flag capturing mode was pretty boring to, but hey that's just me.

The best news is a lot of achievements can be done via private match.
I felt the same about the flag game, too. I wondered if it would have been better to have two flags, with each team moving. It might have prevented camping on the defending side if each team had to move. But I'm certain the asymmetrical level design would make that very imbalanced. I guess I wouldn't have been satisfied with it no matter how they designed it...

Also, Checkout is the same, they just said it's easier to get off the elevated areas...area, I mean, now.

And while many of these can be done in Private, you still need other players. I'm not just talking about the 5 players in UIR armor. The Rager Achievement needs to be done on players. Not sure about You Can't Hide, but Booshka still requires other players.

People may want to try to team together this weekend. A few of us tried to do the Survival Match on Normal with only 4 players and were beaten, but with 5 it was almost no issue. We had 3 Bairds, a Cole and a Hendrik and only had 10-15% damage done to the E-hole.

I'd play if people want to run through Ward or Terminal or Dreadnought in under 8 minutes.  

I can also help if there's 4 of you that need help with the UIR skin or the beating Ward on Normal at the first E-hole.  I might only do that once more, though.  I'm about to Onyx Survival, so I don't know if I'll keep playing that mode after that.

And if any of you get a team for Golden Artifacts and need a 5th, please feel free to send me a request for help.  I feel like this is one of those achievements that will definitely get harder to obtain a few weeks from now as people will lose interest in the game (again).

After not playing this for a while, I got back in yesterday, played for a little over an hour and only got one new map.  The removal of the extra nade in ammo boxes really sucks...didn't think I minded but after last night...I think I'm done with the game. 

Bring on Gears 4...but only if People Must Fly, fly away!

It sucks, I got this game with the season pass thinking it would be the game to get me to the end of this gen and wow what a disappointment. I really have had zero interest in the latest DLC but was bored so decided to pop in the game and download it and wow, the servers are dead. No playlist has more than 200 people and some have as low as 5-15 people. I recently (with the help of the $10 off MS store code) got the COD Black Ops 2 season pass because it seemed like this game was dying and now it seems to be there.

I've enjoyed the game overall, but I find that with no Horde mode it just doesn't have the staying power that Gears 3 did. Also it's been a drag to replay the campaign in co-op because every time I've tried there's been one guy who puts their difficulty on Insane but just can't play at that level, and just dies repeatedly, forcing us all to restart the checkpoint every time. I played a lot of campaign co-op in 3 and I don't remember that being such a problem.

I've enjoyed the game overall, but I find that with no Horde mode it just doesn't have the staying power that Gears 3 did. Also it's been a drag to replay the campaign in co-op because every time I've tried there's been one guy who puts their difficulty on Insane but just can't play at that level, and just dies repeatedly, forcing us all to restart the checkpoint every time. I played a lot of campaign co-op in 3 and I don't remember that being such a problem.
In Gears 3, when you died on insane, you just respawed, as long as at least one person stayed alive. In arcade-style, anyway. Judgment doesn't have that option, so if one person dies, you have to reload the checkpoint.

Yep, the respawn timer in Arcade was great. Arcade also enforced all players on the same difficulty IIRC. That's the problem, three people in the group might just want to play co-op on Normal or Hardcore, but you get matched up with a fourth guy who insists on playing on Insane but keeps dying.

Yep, the respawn timer in Arcade was great. Arcade also enforced all players on the same difficulty IIRC. That's the problem, three people in the group might just want to play co-op on Normal or Hardcore, but you get matched up with a fourth guy who insists on playing on Insane but keeps dying.
Or you get the people trying to cheat Seriously Judgmental, who just pause the game when the level is clear of enemies waiting for everyone to quit out so they get their Insane Stars. I had that happen a few times and just stopped playing online unless I hosted it.

I'm still missing 6 chapters for 4 players. I just went through and finished the 126 stars on Hardcore last night, so I have 126 stars on all four difficulty settings (nothing special unlocks).

If you need help with the game, send me a message an I'd play through it with you on Normal or Hardcore. Maybe we can get a team of four over the weekend.

I can't believe it!

After going 0 for 67, it finally happened.

I was put in a random group that understood teamwork and contained their sections, while watching their neighboring section.  All, while finally knowing the importance of someone staying-near/manning the troika.

We held the 1st e-hole till round 5, seeing how each other worked and grew trusting each others skills.  But, even the best defenses fail and the 1st e-hole was lost.

Retreating to the 2nd e-hole,  One Engineer on the left side, a second (Me) at the top of the stairs on the right, and a third at the Troika, with a Soldier taking the middle perch, and medic taking back-up, we held on till the middle of the 10th round.  Losing the last barriers to a barrage of serapedes and wretches.

Making a final stand at the Generator, we took positions with the same set of people but this time, I had the troika on the right with at least one other(when the left side was not being heavily attacked).  On the left side, the two engineers took turns placing their sentry guns all while keeping the barriers maintained.  The Soldier, booshka and lancer at the ready, with ammo boxes flying made sure that everyone was well stocked.  The medic, at the sign of a downed comrade, lets loose a stim-grenade reviving the nearly lost soul.  The medic, whose main purpose to treat teammates, can change from being an angel of mercy to an angel of vengeance, with the use of her trusty lancer or thunderous sawed-off, taking down much larger foes.  The team held tight, with hardly a scratch on the precious generator, and finally earned their victory.  After 67 straight losses, SKYLINE was finally won!!

Sorry for all the dramatics but I just felt so relieved to finally beat skyline and get that Survivor medal(beating all the starting survival maps).  I was starting to feel like the old LA Clippers, with their long winless streaks.

:whee:

This weeks, Special Event, sounded fun but really sucked.

The fun part was getting to use explosive weapons, but then sucked that you couldn't get a reload.  I don't like using the melee, but once something like the Booshka is out of it's 3 grenades your just basically run around trying to melee anyone or since I was playing on the Rig, jump in the chopper and try to mow down as many people as you can with the provided vulcan.

Yeah when i went to play the special event, there was like 200 people in there. The game mode was dumb, no reloads. And why do i always see ammo boxes laying around and i cant pick up any ammo with them. Are epic really that lazy they cant remove them for modes that you cant pick them up in?

Tried some capture the flag and it was okay. I surprisingly did pretty well for not playing gears regularly in a month or so. Got to about 13/20 kill the person with the flag (thanks to my lancer chainsaw), and captured it a few times. There were only like 60 people in regular CTF and 300 in VIP CTF. Game is so dead. :(

bread's done
Back