General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
I'd say it took me around 50-60 hours. But I'm sure you could finish alot faster if you skipped side quests.[/QUOTE]
Yea about a good weekend worth of playing.

Christ man...

I have FINALLY gotten a 360(elite bundle/W 2 games)!! I got a great deal by using the Mejier CC deal 15%+10% coupon+10% employee discount = GREAT deal. It is a Xmas gift that did not think I would be able to swing this year.

So, I need some xbox 360 exclusives that are good.. Any one with a tradelist or cheap prices let me know!

Also, is there any alternative for a wireless setup for the 360 that to buy the official wireless adapter?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered MW2 on Amazon. I'll use the $20 on God of War Collection. I decided it would be better for me to go with that over NBA Live 10 for now. Co-workers, people who cut my hair, old friends, etc. playing it made it impossible for me to pass up.

Played some MW2. It went from a really cool mission to a real...ugh mission. And I mean that in the worst way. What a terrible mission that was.

[quote name='KingBroly']Played some MW2. It went from a really cool mission to a real...ugh mission. And I mean that in the worst way. What a terrible mission that was.[/QUOTE]

I fucking hate people like you.

I hope everyone's enjoying MW2 since it's such a nice game. I've got enough things to play right now that are a bit more important to me, but I'll play MW2 at some point unlike me never playing MW1 even though I played a bit in beta.

I played a lil MW2 at a friend's place and I actually really liked the leaked scenario thing. It was well done, made me feel kind of like a bad guy for doing it. Thegraphics in the game are beautiful, too.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hope everyone's enjoying MW2 since it's such a nice game. I've got enough things to play right now that are a bit more important to me, but I'll play MW2 at some point unlike me never playing MW1 even though I played a bit in beta.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy messing with .detuned while the rest of us have fun :wave:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']anyone have extra mw2 gamerpic codes from gamestop?[/QUOTE]

I need one too. My GS didn't give me one with my copy. :(

[quote name='maximumzero']So hey, anyone else out there not give a shit about Modern Warware besides me?[/QUOTE]

It's not that I totally don't give a shit about it, I just don't feel the need to pick it up right now.

I'll probably play through the first one over Christmas then pick MW2 up sometime next year.

As I'm not interested in the multi-player there's really no rush.

[quote name='benjamouth']It's not that I totally don't give a shit about it, I just don't feel the need to pick it up right now.[/QUOTE]

I feel that way about a lot of games save a few. I'm typically only compelled to buy at or near release if I get a great deal on it or if I know if won't drop in price anytime soon.

I'm confident Dragon Age could be had for $30 shortly before or after Christmas, so I can wait on that. MW2 came with a $20 amazon coupon and won't drop for a number of years, so I felt it ok to pick that up this week.

TBH I had my $40 code from Amazon's $80 deal and it was either MW2 or AC2 and the deciding factor was that I'd finished the original Assassins Creed.

I can well imagine the price of AC2 will drop quicker than MW2, but all told AC2 cost me $35 and I'll get it on release day so I'm happy with that.

[quote name='maximumzero']So hey, anyone else out there not give a shit about Modern Warware besides me?[/QUOTE]

*raises hand* I'm not too big on the Call of Duty series though. I'm pretty much done buying new games this year. Next game I'm buying is Bayonetta, and that's not until January.

1st quarter 2010 looks pretty stacked.

Me. I'm probably not going to play it ever.

[quote name='mykevermin']I feel that way about a lot of games save a few. I'm typically only compelled to buy at or near release if I get a great deal on it or if I know if won't drop in price anytime soon.
[/QUOTE]

About the only thing I buy period is something like MW2 that I want to play online and not get to far behind the curve since I suck bad enough as is.

Everything else can wait for Goozex. I've not bought a game this year--technically not buying MW2 either since it's a B-day gift. So I guess I won't have actually bought any games this year period.

damn i love having a gamecrazy less than 5 miles from me!
theyre selling punch out and metroid prime trilogy for $24.99 new or $19.99 used
RE5 is selling for $19.99 new or $17.99 used

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']So what's so bad about this airport level?[/QUOTE]

apparently the fact that you open fire into a crowd of innocent people and are committing terrorist activities in an airport?

Dragon Age now down to $40 on Amazon myke, with the coupon, $20.

---

Nice to see that Call of Duty Classic has a FULL trophy/achievement list and not hat small list posted earlier. Was surprised to see that.

Played one online match but the game ended because the host ended :(
They need to patch in host migration.

EDIT: lulz at the Onion video :)

I picked up MW2 and Mass Effect as my first two 360 games. I still need to get a wireless adapter to get it online....

[quote name='js1']I picked up MW2 and Mass Effect as my first two 360 games. I still need to get a wireless adapter to get it online....[/QUOTE]

just get an access point, dude. it's cheaper and just as effective, providing you have a small bit of technical know-how. plus then you're not encouraging MS ridiculous pricing policies for accessories. :)

[quote name='blitz6speed']You do use them, but theres useless tilt portions that have 0 benefit (i prefer the old weight method 100x more), and to spin around and attack, you have to waggle, same to fly in the air with the propellers. Its ridiculous and totally put in there as a "waggle is cool" feature rather then adding to the gameplay. Oh yah, to pick up frozen blocks and POW blocks, you need to WAGGLE right next to them. Its the only way to pick them up.

Some idiotic design decisions. No gamecube controller support either. So you have to play the way they want you to.[/QUOTE]

Wow that shit sounds just plain turrible. Glad I wasn't interested in this game.

[quote name='maximumzero']So hey, anyone else out there not give a shit about Modern Warware besides me?[/QUOTE]I'm not much if a MW fan. I'm sure it's a great game and all but I have other games I really want to play.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I'm not much if a MW fan. I'm sure it's a great game and all but I have other games I really want to play.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. I have nothing against it either but very few FPS appeal to me.

I've been waiting almost a week for Gamefly to send me Borderlands, and I guess they decided to pass it up and send me the next game on my list: Dragon Ball Raging Blast. Not really angry since DBZ is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I'd much rather play Borderlands.

If you really wanted Borderlands, that should've been the only thing on the list, at least for available games, since it sends out whatever is available first.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you really wanted Borderlands, that should've been the only thing on the list, at least for available games, since it sends out whatever is available first.[/QUOTE]

I normally do that, but it's been a week and I don't want to waste anymore money waiting.

[quote name='KingBroly']I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hate the blood splatter effect in Modern Warfare 2 on your HUD.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I didn't mind it in the beginning, but after getting through a few missions it's really starting to annoy me.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']just get an access point, dude. it's cheaper and just as effective, providing you have a small bit of technical know-how. plus then you're not encouraging MS ridiculous pricing policies for accessories. :)[/QUOTE]

I'll look into it thanks. I just figure the adapter was easier and would have less clutter.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
apparently the fact that you open fire into a crowd of innocent people and are committing terrorist activities in an airport?
[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, really? That's mildly offensive.

anyone play this yet? I played the demo and really expect it to be fun... especially with screens like this:

kenkabancho_screens_24.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone play this yet? I played the demo and really expect it to be fun... especially with screens like this:

[/QUOTE]
I watched the Giantbomb quicklook of the game and thought it looked fun. But I wouldn't pay more then $20 for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back