General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I beat Modern Warfare 2's Campaign. Longer Campaign my ass. 5 hours, 37 minutes. And it was definitely a step down from COD4 as well.

[quote name='mykevermin']There's not a lot of info on when it's coming to PSN/XBLA.

One of the main reasons I bit on the hardened edition.[/QUOTE]

the steelbook is quite nice as well :cool:

Hardened is my sweet spot for CoD games. Veteran is frustrating.

I'm enjoying the campaign quite a bit. A LOT more than CoD4. I really like how there's a lot more wide open areas with less enemy spawning. Or it's at least not as easy to see.

Mutliplayer as expected, is incredible, and will be played a lot.

Also, I knew about controversial level(didn't watch video or anything), but It disgusted me more than I was expecting. It's a shame they weren't trying to make much of a point or some kind of purpose other than "HEY TURRISTS R BAD K" but I'd still say that scene disturbed me more than almost any other game has.

Last edited:
[quote name='hankmecrankme']The best thing was hopping on 360 and seeing all 16 people online playing MW2. What did I play? Battle Fantasia and Raiden Fighters Aces. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Dragon Age for me.

I'm destroying you on the MW2 leaderboards frosty, and in less time played. ;)[quote name='Persona7']What is that game ^ ?

So when does Call Of Duty Classic come out on XBLA? I want to replay it but I do not want to buy Modern Warfare 2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mykevermin']There's not a lot of info on when it's coming to PSN/XBLA.

One of the main reasons I bit on the hardened edition.[/QUOTE]Yeah, the platinum on it surprised me. They should have touted that as a bullet point.

CoD Classic is actually already on the UK Store for 11.99GBP.
Weird. I 'd guess that's about a $15 game for us based on other game conversions.

I noticed you jumped into first myke.
Me too, I'm liking it actually.

Classic health bar, simple missions and mechanics.
I never played CoD1 but it feels a lot like Medal of Honor when it was good back in the PSX days. Looks nice enough too.

Dragon Age is pretty awesome. I just finished it the other day and I'm getting ready for my second playthrough. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to be a Mage or Rogue. I'd actually just like to play as a warrior again but...ACHIEVEMENTS!!! Or I could just use the glitch to get them and play as a warrior so I can wear my shiney dragon armor.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone play this yet? I played the demo and really expect it to be fun... especially with screens like this:

kenkabancho_screens_24.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You're wet with excitement over a "you leveled up" screen?

[quote name='dallow']I noticed you jumped into first myke.[/QUOTE]

MW2 can wait for me to finish this. I dig it, though I doubt I'll ever jump into the MP at all. :lol:

Loving Dragon Age as well. Made an Elf Warrior. Gotta love bioware.
Also playing MW2 and GTA Liberty Cities. Both great games so far.

[quote name='benjamouth']I thought it was Busty StClair, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you english and your euphemisms.

"twas 'heaving splendorous bosoms churchill!"

[quote name='dallow']I'm destroying you on the MW2 leaderboards frosty, and in less time played. ;)

[/QUOTE]

I never claimed to be good.

You have a very respectable 1.30 k/d last time i looked -- more than twice mine. I could blame part of it on the transition from 360 to PS3 (controller), but I'll just flat out admit, I'm average at best.

What fucking sucks is the leaderboards still don't factor in assists, I believe... and I end up with more people stealing my kills and getting an assist for it than I can count. I've already had several of the damn assist challenges pop... but yeah. I'm flat out average at best. ;)

I'm average too frosty but had a great string of games where I was at least 2.5k/d and felt like bragging. :) I don't get killstreaks of 11 with my gun only that often.

[quote name='dallow']I'm average too frosty but had a great string of games where I was at least 2.5k/d and felt like bragging. :) I don't get killstreaks of 11 with my gun only that often.[/QUOTE]

my killstreak of 9 had something like... 1 death from predator missle... so that's almost on par with you. i was trying to see if i could join your room or whatever, but didn't feel like putting that much effort in, since i didn't have a headset hooked up.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Seriously? It's a Bioware RPG.

*dickgirl snip*
[/QUOTE]

I seriously didn't even know that. I thought it was a dungeon crawler.

When you get to the camp in Ostagaar, Duncan will ask you to find 3 vials of Darkspawn blood and a treaty. Just grab the 3 vials and return to Duncan and tell him "you have the blood but not the treaties" and you'll get XP. And just keep talking to him and you'll get XP every time you tell him that. SO you could just do that until you hit the level cap if you want. Just keep in mind that when other party members join your party they scale based on your level. So you won't be able to do much with them.

I don't think I want to play Demon's Souls anymore. It's too much work for too little payoff. Anyone have a PS3 copy of Borderlands they'd be interested in trading for it?

[quote name='Lorddraco07']I got to load up and beat the tutorial level on MW2 before my 360 gave out with 3 red rings.. /sigh[/QUOTE]

return your copy for ps3 version. then you can play with me and dallow. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back