General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you get to keep the games? On Demand sounds like you just rent it for a bit. The prices are bad, but I was actually expecting worse. $20 for Mass Effect is a good deal - although you can find it cheaper.

I think my most-played Wii game is "Replace the dead batteries."

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Torque bow here is supposed to work like extra grenades. You nail him, it blows the kryll off him so he's unshielded, then you unload whatever you have left into his head. Lancer, hammerburst, longshot, whatever. Combined with active reload, it's probably the best way to handle him.

The question I have for you is: what difficulty were you on? I'm slightly impressed that your strategy worked on him if you were on hardcore, but if you were on casual, it seems like it might actually work...[/QUOTE]
Hardcore. Torque bow explosions only seemed to keep the Kryll off him long enough for one sniper shot to the head. With the Hammerburst at least I could feel like I was doing more damage.

Preordered Batman:AA CE for PS3. The voice-overs and writing seem fantastic. Gameplay reminds me alot like Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (both take place in prisons. go figure), and thats a good thing.

After ECA, the CCI code, and $58 gift card I had (Coinstar machines give amazon gift cards) it came to ~$25. Not bad.

[quote name='pete5883']I think my most-played Wii game is "Replace the dead batteries."

Hardcore. Torque bow explosions only seemed to keep the Kryll off him long enough for one sniper shot to the head. With the Hammerburst at least I could feel like I was doing more damage.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: @ wii game...

---

I had major issues with him because I was only carrying a longshot and rifle during the battle and i had to use grenades and make every shot count... not looking forward to handling him on insane, if i ever get that far.

also, just marathoned the a bunch of the main quests in Fallout 3 for the past 2 days or so and beat the game. I didn't think the ending was so bad.

MadWorld is awesome. That is all.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I had major issues with him because I was only carrying a longshot and rifle during the battle and i had to use grenades and make every shot count... not looking forward to handling him on insane, if i ever get that far.[/QUOTE]
There's a torque bow before RAAM, right next to the longshot.

[quote name='manthing']fuck this inFAMOUS balloon mission

:bomb:[/QUOTE]
?? That was the best one!

[quote name='mykevermin']Got a postcard from Amazon for $10 off Wii Sports Resort.

So it would be $35 shipped from Amazon.

Yes or no?[/QUOTE]

Did you like Wii Sports Resort?

Pce forever bitches. Can't be talking to strangers on the internet about video games forever, the day where it stops had to come somewhere. Have good long lives. That is all. ny out

[quote name='Japakneez']Just noticed Gears of War 2 GOTY at amazon. I picked up the regular version from gamestop earlier this week. May have to return it now.

I can't find any info on this GOTY. Anyone have any links to some info?[/QUOTE]

This is probably why they didn't release the retail disc for the recent DLC.

[quote name='Japakneez']Just noticed Gears of War 2 GOTY at amazon. I picked up the regular version from gamestop earlier this week. May have to return it now.

This is honestly the first I've heard about it, and the date is definitely a placeholder (if true). It'll probably just have all the DLC packs included in it (wihch is just 1600 points on XBLM).

Pretty lucky to have found it. Tomorrow is my last day to return Gears 2 to gamestop.

I'm assuming the GOTY comes with all DLC available up till now. Anyone else think its strange that the GOTY price is the same as the regular editions price at $39.99? I should probably pre-order it now to lock it in.

[quote name='pete5883']

?? That was the best one![/QUOTE]

Umm, no.

[quote name='dallow']Haha, I didn't realize someone replied to that.

If it nets me free XBL points or games. You're all going down. :nottalking:
[/QUOTE]

SNITCHES-SMALL_1.jpg

[quote name='dallow']Amazing.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Hope that goes nationwide. I may pop by this weekend to see if my local stores are participating (although I doubt it).

That "sounds" really good untill you go to a G$ or GC and see the price of "used" games there...

Edit: Oh... and not ALL BB's are participating? FAIL.

Newegg is listing the game now with a price of $46.99

They have boxart and it says "The Complete Collection" on it. I'm a total noob at the series so im not sure what that could include.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103137

74-103-137-02.jpg

Gears2 single player was very fun. Played straight through in co-op mode. I don't play the multiplayer, so I doubt I'll ever get that GOTY edition.

I'd like to get Gears 2 again for like $20. I hate the multi in that game but horde and single player is good.

Love the Batman demo! Wish it was a little longer though, like maybe included a challenge map. But I'm definitely psyched to get it.

[quote name='dallow']Sent your package out Frosty, but I blanked out on your real name at the post office, so just keep an eye out for it.[/QUOTE]

Who did you address it to?
Did you want some paypal, friend-o?

[quote name='Flak']Love the Batman demo! Wish it was a little longer though, like maybe included a challenge map. But I'm definitely psyched to get it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I was really impressed by it. It actually feels like you're playing as Batman, which is awesome.

[quote name='Maklershed']Amazing deal for those w/ pc and steam. All this for $29.99:

header.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Too bad I already have half of those...oh well.
Anyone who doesn't have these shouldn't hesitate for that price. The ones I've played are all fantastic.

The only thing on there I like is Audiosurf.

[quote name='pete5883']Why the hell is RE5 still $60? I'm ready to buy it now.[/QUOTE]

360? I'll send it to you for $30 shipped, like new. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back