GGT 105 : In Memorandum of Cheddahz

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Gears 3 beta gets stale fast with only 2 maps and TDM. :|[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does. Still fun to play for a bit though.

Needs other maps back, one map and mode gets added next week.

Tonight is the Official 1st Ever GGT Aegis Wing Co-op Game Night. ^__^

[quote name='panzerfaust']4/20 has gone well for this GGTer :cool:[/QUOTE]

Stupid hippy.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Tonight is the Official 1st Ever GGT Aegis Wing Co-op Game Night. ^__^[/QUOTE]

I take it this was Chac's idea since he fucking loves that game to death?

EDIT: Yup.

[quote name='distgfx']I'd just have sex with my victim. Believe me, that's more terrifying than any fatality any of you could ever come up with.

Joel's would be proposing to them.[/QUOTE]
fuck, you figured out my Brutality.

I propose, they're amazed and take the ring, crying they turn around and show it to a group of their friends. As I walk off from the crowd, the camera pans from them to me and I reveal a detonator switch, I press the button, camera switches back and forth from the crowd to me really quickly and then my enemy and their group of friends explode into a red mist that coats me on the other side of the stage as I wink.

Also, so far in MK I am digging:
Smoke
Kitana
Cyber Sub-Zero
Kung Lao
Stryker

Out of the characters I picked, I didn't really like Scorpion (never play him in any of the games, for whatever reason), Liu Kang, Raiden and Kabal.

Anyone in here going to Evo? I made a thread for it...

[quote name='Chacrana']HOLY SHIT

Linkpwns quit our game. CHEDDAHZ JOINED.

UPGRADE.

I guess our charity event for Cheddahz worked.[/QUOTE]
Hell yes, glorious success. ^__^

CheddahzLives.jpg

The back of the MK case says 4.0GB required? I assumed I could install it. Is this a misprint? I certainly did not have 4.0GB of data installed before it booted up. It also prevented me from signing back into PSN... wtf?

Frosty, that's exactly what happened to me. Was signed into PSN just fine, turned system off, went to sign in from a different PS3 and can't sign in at all now.

[quote name='panzerfaust']4/20 has gone well for this GGTer :cool:[/QUOTE]

I hear that :p

YOU GUYS PLAYED AEGIS WING WITH CHEDDAHZ?! D:

[quote name='linkpwns']IYOU GUYS PLAYED AEGIS WING WITH CHEDDAHZ?! D:[/QUOTE]

You bet your Italian sausage ass we do. He seriously joined us like 15 seconds after you left.

It was awesome. ^__^

[quote name='Cheska19']Has anyone sold their MK costume codes? Im wanting to sell my Kitana outfit on eBay since it seems to be going for about $40, but I'm always so nervous because I don't want someone shady buying it, using it, and then saying the code was already used or whatever so they can get their money back.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this too. Except my code was from amazon, so All I have is the Email they sent me.

[quote name='distgfx']Still haven't tried online, because realistically I'd only try it for about 5 min and I don't trust a random's connection. The single player though, wow, the story mode was really good. The combat itself is great too, best MK game in a loooooong time.[/QUOTE]

I fucking hate the 1v2 matches in story mode. The computer can tag out in the middle of being comboed. The computer is also godlike when it comes to teleportation moves.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I agree, that's why I haven't played it anymore since yesterday. I miss CTL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know why they took away maps. Kind of counterintuitive.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The back of the MK case says 4.0GB required? I assumed I could install it. Is this a misprint? I certainly did not have 4.0GB of data installed before it booted up. It also prevented me from signing back into PSN... wtf?[/QUOTE]
The game actually stealth installs the shit while you play! It's really crazy, I wasn't expecting it. It doesn't make the game run any smoother or have less loads, though.

[quote name='whoknows']I was just on PSN so I think it's fine. Or maybe I got logged out and didn't notice.

Also I hate Shao Kahn.[/QUOTE] Yeah, Shao Kahn sucks, there is no way to beat him without projectile or tele spam.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
I fucking hate the 1v2 matches in story mode. The computer can tag out in the middle of being comboed. The computer is also godlike when it comes to teleportation moves.
[/QUOTE]
I actually really didn't have a problem with those, just make sure to be ready to pull off a breaker whenever they go to switch and you'll beat the shit out of them. :D

Wait till you fight Shao at the end of story mode, shit is fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='CaptainJoel'].

Yeah, Shao Kahn sucks, there is no way to beat him without projectile or tele spam.

Wait till you fight Shao at the end of story mode, shit is fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

He's not as bad as you think, but still tough. I beat him with pretty much no projectiles.

I keep reading that shao kahn is even cheaper than he used to be. How much of story mode do I have left?

just started the jade chapter

[quote name='Chacrana']HOLY SHIT

Linkpwns quit our game. CHEDDAHZ JOINED.

UPGRADE.

I guess our charity event for Cheddahz worked.[/QUOTE]

You guys played Aegis Wing with Cheddahz?! I guess he does live on..

[quote name='BlueScrote']I keep reading that shao kahn is even cheaper than he used to be. How much of story mode do I have left?

just started the jade chapter
[/QUOTE]
I don't remember that chapter's number, but there are 16 chapters. IIRC, you're maybe halfway. The last few chapters feel like they take forever though.

Also, did anyone laugh their ass off when
Raiden met Stryker then flew away midsentence to kill Motaro? You just see him fly off and then hear him go HAHAHWAWAAWA!! and see him shoot through that bridge and destroy him. fuckin' great.

Development costs were too high to include a proper Story Mode. I thought you knew that. That's what Capcom said at least. But if you want one that bad, $20 or 1600 Allards.

[quote name='KingBroly']Development costs were too high to include a proper Story Mode. I thought you knew that. That's what Capcom said at least. But if you want one that bad, $20 or 1600 Allards.[/QUOTE]

DERP2.jpg

With Capcom it feels like they are into pleasing the tournament players first and so they basically just make an arcade game with a combo trainer.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't remember that chapter's number, but there are 16 chapters. IIRC, you're maybe halfway. The last few chapters feel like they take forever though.

Also, did anyone laugh their ass off when
Raiden met Stryker then flew away midsentence to kill Motaro? You just see him fly off and then hear him go HAHAHWAWAAWA!! and see him shoot through that bridge and destroy him. fuckin' great.
[/QUOTE]

Stryker honestly had my fave story moments... probably just because of the setting.

[quote name='seanr1221']If MvC3 had a story mode like MK, I'd mess myself.[/QUOTE] I agree, I'd have nerdgasmed all over my copy twice as much as I actually did.

[quote name='KingBroly']Development costs were too high to include a proper Story Mode. I thought you knew that. That's what Capcom said at least. But if you want one that bad, $20 or 1600 Allards.[/QUOTE]
I would gladly pay $40 if they included one that's as solid as MK's (includes cutscenes and such). No joke, I love MvC3 that much.

I haven't been paying attention to twitter, but I'd think people angry about the online being a lagfest would be spamming @noobde and telling him to fix the fucking netcode. :)
(Considering how active he usually seems to be on the service, at least.)

I'm frightened at the prospect of Goro, Kintaro and Kahn eventually being unlocked and usable online, even without their super armor bullshit. Hopefully they'll nerf their X-Rays if it happens.(I believe Goro's does 53 percent)

He's been posting a LOT less on Twitter since the weekend. Motherfucker's had @TRMK answering all questions sent to him.

Edit: If Kahn is EVER allowed online then I'm boycotting the online. Sure, I can't play it anyways right now, but that would be the final nail in the coffin. That guy's hard as fuck to beat when it's just the AI.

[quote name='diddy310']I'm frightened at the prospect of Goro, Kintaro and Kahn eventually being unlocked and usable online, even without their super armor bullshit. Hopefully they'll nerf their X-Rays if it happens.(I believe Goro's does 53 percent)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']He's been posting a LOT less on Twitter since the weekend. Motherfucker's had @TRMK answering all questions sent to him.

Edit: If Kahn is EVER allowed online then I'm boycotting the online. Sure, I can't play it anyways right now, but that would be the final nail in the coffin. That guy's hard as fuck to beat when it's just the AI.[/QUOTE]

Maaaan, you know they'd balance these guys for online play. There's boss versions of Akuma and Gouken in SFIV, but their normal versions were balanced for competitive play.

Know what made me laugh? When you had to fight a tag-team goro and kintaro as cyber sub-zero in story mode. I was like "... what?"

[quote name='diddy310']I'm frightened at the prospect of Goro, Kintaro and Kahn eventually being unlocked and usable online, even without their super armor bullshit. Hopefully they'll nerf their X-Rays if it happens.(I believe Goro's does 53 percent)[/QUOTE]

Yeah his x-ray does over 50%. In story mode I rage everytime I get x-rayed during boss battles or the 1v2 battles.

The Goro/Kintaro fight wasn't too bad, mostly because it's ridiculously easy to hit them (and pretty much every AI) with his X-Ray.

[quote name='diddy310']The Goro/Kintaro fight wasn't too bad, mostly because it's ridiculously easy to hit them (and pretty much every AI) with his X-Ray.[/QUOTE]

I just did cross over BK the entire time. Even with their super armor, they're helpless against it.

His jump kick/dive kick combo is pretty useful against them too. The Goro AI is much less cheap than Kintaro oddly and hardly ever armors.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']He's been posting a LOT less on Twitter since the weekend. Motherfucker's had @TRMK answering all questions sent to him.

Edit: If Kahn is EVER allowed online then I'm boycotting the online. Sure, I can't play it anyways right now, but that would be the final nail in the coffin. That guy's hard as fuck to beat when it's just the AI.[/QUOTE]

Once I figured it out, he was so easy. I jumped behind him, combo, repeat. Didn't get hit once.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I haven't gotten that far but on the first goro fight with liu kang I just spammed fireballs and flying kick.[/QUOTE]

I just did this, and used the same strategy as above. Jump behind, combo, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back