GGT 105 : In Memorandum of Cheddahz

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Cheska19']Are you guys playing MK online?[/QUOTE]

I've already played around 50 matches online. I did the same thing you guys thought about doing. Selling that costume code except I didn't sale mine on ebay. I sold it on another forum for 10. I should have tried the ebay thing,but I'm kind of like you. They could lie and get out of it easily.

Haha, there's a guy on ebay selling tips on how to unlock alternate costumes...as in emailing you the Krypt location. For 10 dollars.

[quote name='diddy310']Haha, there's a guy on ebay selling tips on how to unlock alternate costumes...as in e mailing you the Krypt location. For 10 dollars.[/QUOTE]
I bet he is making loads of that sweet paper right now!

[quote name='linkpwns']You guys can't be talking about MK...
Haven't you all traded it in by now?[/QUOTE]

I traded it in before I even bought it. :cool:

I'm surprised anyone could have trouble with Kintaro or Goro in story or arcade, they're easy, I just walk up punch combo them into a corner until they die. Flawless victory. Same with them in the tag battle.

Kahn is a little tougher, I just spam projectiles/teleport.

Edit: Any GGTers need a Gears 3 beta code? I just got a few.

Know what I find interesting? I was just talking to icebeast about this and thought it was an interesting topic.

People bitched about SSFIV when it wasn't DLC, even though it was only $40 and had a shitload more content. Yet, people have no problem dropping $60 on Gears 3 despite it being a similar upgrade. The core gameplay is the same with some changes/additions, there's new maps and modes in MP, there's a new campaign but it's all still the same core game. Why is it that people have no problem with this but bitch about it when it happens to a fighter?

Because the shooter genre is much more glamourized than the fighting genre. If SSFIV was as popular and talked about as Gears or Halo then nobody would bat an eyelash at it getting a re-release or a shit ton of DLC. Halo Reach could be re-released with more maps and a couple of armors and nobody would complain. It's really only because it's a shooter.

Honestly, I can finally understand now how people can love map packs. I constantly want more from MvC3 and would gladly go get a PSN card if Capcom said they'd release more DLC tomorrow.

[quote name='panzerfaust']And people looooovvve $15 map packs -- they actual think it's the developer doing them a favor.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm....4 maps for 15 bucks is a steal!!! COD for life1

[quote name='distgfx']Know what I find interesting? I was just talking to icebeast about this and thought it was an interesting topic.

People bitched about SSFIV when it wasn't DLC, even though it was only $40 and had a shitload more content. Yet, people have no problem dropping $60 on Gears 3 despite it being a similar upgrade. The core gameplay is the same with some changes/additions, there's new maps and modes in MP, there's a new campaign but it's all still the same core game. Why is it that people have no problem with this but bitch about it when it happens to a fighter?[/QUOTE]
A few points.

1. Gears 2 came out in November 2008. Gears 3 hits September 20th, this year. That's almost 3 years between them. SSFIV came out 14 months after SFIV. It's the same thing when people bitch about Madden being a yearly roster update with tweaks.

2. Gears 3 does include a new campaign, including 4 player co-op, to go with dat MP.

3. I think people bitched about SSFIV because it could've been a patch, albeit a fairly large one. Gears 2 to 3 is fairly more significant of an upgrade than simply a patch with tweaks and more characters. Gears 3 includes the latest revision of the Unreal 3 engine and tons of new assets. That alone would make a patch huge in file size and scope.

4. I don't see why people would bitch about SSFIV being $40. It could've been $60 and most fans would still have bought it. It did add a lot of new content and expanded the online modes greatly. Totally worth the $40.

3. Overpriced map packs suck.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
Edit: Any GGTers need a Gears 3 beta code? I just got a few.[/QUOTE]

I think jman wanted one earlier, and I don't think he ever got one.

[quote name='distgfx']Know what I find interesting? I was just talking to icebeast about this and thought it was an interesting topic.

People bitched about SSFIV when it wasn't DLC, even though it was only $40 and had a shitload more content. Yet, people have no problem dropping $60 on Gears 3 despite it being a similar upgrade. The core gameplay is the same with some changes/additions, there's new maps and modes in MP, there's a new campaign but it's all still the same core game. Why is it that people have no problem with this but bitch about it when it happens to a fighter?[/QUOTE]

Theres two reasons here I think. The shooter genre has a different sense of value proposition than fighting genre, and that fighting game makers are notorious for releasing multiple tweaked versions of the same game.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I was wondering about this too. Except my code was from amazon, so All I have is the Email they sent me.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried selling mine yet. But I sold off my Fable 2 LE code a few years ago with no problem.

All this talk of DLC makes me feel the need to mention that I will be paying 15 bucks for the next CoD map pack, day one. :(

EDIT: Let me justify that. If we look at value over time, the 15 dollars is totally worth it. I played a total of 91 hours of CoDBlops after the new map pack hit. Most of that time was spent doing that puzzle in zombies (all for 90 seconds of Death Machines, wut?), but still. I'm no mathematician, but even if you include the original cost of the game and that 15, that's still less than a dollar per hour, son. And as much as that game sucks balls, I honestly enjoy playing it with my friends. New maps keep it fresh.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']A few points.

1. Gears 2 came out in November 2008. Gears 3 hits September 20th, this year. That's almost 3 years between them. SSFIV came out 14 months after SFIV. It's the same thing when people bitch about Madden being a yearly roster update with tweaks.

2. Gears 3 does include a new campaign, including 4 player co-op, to go with dat MP.

3. I think people bitched about SSFIV because it could've been a patch, albeit a fairly large one. Gears 2 to 3 is fairly more significant of an upgrade than simply a patch with tweaks and more characters. Gears 3 includes the latest revision of the Unreal 3 engine and tons of new assets. That alone would make a patch huge in file size and scope.

4. I don't see why people would bitch about SSFIV being $40. It could've been $60 and most fans would still have bought it. It did add a lot of new content and expanded the online modes greatly. Totally worth the $40.

3. Overpriced map packs suck.[/QUOTE]

Now to respond

1. I just chose Gears because the GGT was talking about it, feel free to replace it with calladuty.

2. Which is just more of the same and could have been episodic DLC, yes?

3. I know you didn't play SSFIV much, but c'mon, you know damned well there was more to it than just those additions. Don't go trollin' me now, yo.

4. Yes, the bitching seemed to be from people who traded in SFIV after beating arcade mode or going online once.

3. Overpriced characters and costumes suck too.

Spoilers guys. All games are the same. The main concept behind gaming is pressing buttons in time with things happening on screen, regardless of what they are.
Why buy new games, when they all do the same thing?

herpderp

[quote name='linkpwns']Spoilers guys. All games are the same. The main concept behind gaming is pressing buttons in time with things happening on screen, regardless of what they are.
Why buy new games, when they all do the same thing?

herpderp
[/QUOTE]

This man makes a good point, why even bother with games? Let's just have a controller that changes the colors on the screen when you press a button.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Legendary: THE BOX is 3.49 shipped right now. GGT GAME NIGHT[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they made a game about your girlfriend.

[quote name='distgfx']This man makes a good point, why even bother with games? Let's just have a controller that changes the colors on the screen when you press a button.[/QUOTE]

No. We all need Kinects.
/thread.

[quote name='Chacrana']y'all should make troll blogs.

Also, y'all should've played Aegis Wing with us last night. Game is one of the best.[/QUOTE]

I would have if you guys had invited me ... who am I kidding, no I wouldn't.

As you can see in my sig, I have also been playing Yaris. It's OOP, so it's rare. Plus, it's retro because it came out in like 2008.

[quote name='Chacrana']As you can see in my sig, I have also been playing Yaris. It's OOP, so it's rare. Plus, it's retro because it came out in like 2008.[/QUOTE]

Yaris is the Mario Kart of Xbox, it's that awesome

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm surprised anyone could have trouble with Kintaro or Goro in story or arcade, they're easy, I just walk up punch combo them into a corner until they die. Flawless victory. Same with them in the tag battle.

Kahn is a little tougher, I just spam projectiles/teleport.

Edit: Any GGTers need a Gears 3 beta code? I just got a few.[/QUOTE]
Send it my way if you have any left.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Is PSN broken?[/QUOTE]

Hope its fixed soon and it isn't a day or two like most things are saying. I want to play some Kombat. :lol:

Pretty sure we are going to have to agree to another TOA when the PSN is fixed.

If it is Anon, then wtf? I just got fired and they took Socom 4 from me. Assholes.

[quote name='distgfx']Now to respond

1. I just chose Gears because the GGT was talking about it, feel free to replace it with calladuty.

2. Which is just more of the same and could have been episodic DLC, yes?

3. I know you didn't play SSFIV much, but c'mon, you know damned well there was more to it than just those additions. Don't go trollin' me now, yo.

4. Yes, the bitching seemed to be from people who traded in SFIV after beating arcade mode or going online once.

3. Overpriced characters and costumes suck too.[/QUOTE]
Replies!

1. Calladuty sucks though.

2. More of the same if you mean more of the same style. We're talking new textures, voices, sounds, music, scenarios, etc. Tons of data.

By your reasoning of "It could've been episodic.", every game sequel could be that way. Which is obviously untrue due to dev time/costs and overall modifications to the core game mechanics/engine/etc. Maximize profits by snagging $60 a pop.

3. So you're saying that SSFIV to SFIV is more of an update than Gears 2 was to Gears 1? Clearly you didn't play enough of Gears 1 or 2.

SSFIV was a sizable upgrade, but like I said, it's more of a giant patch than Gears 2 was to Gears 1. Adding characters and some backgrounds, tweaking old characters, and upgrading online = update. New game that takes previous game's gameplay, adds new mechanics, a new campaign with totally different levels, characters, story, and new multiplayer modes and maps = more than just an update.

IMO anyway.

4. Indeed.

3. Why 3 again? And agreed.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
SSFIV was a sizable upgrade, but like I said, it's more of a giant patch than Gears 2 was to Gears 1. Adding characters and some backgrounds, tweaking old characters, and upgrading online = update. New game that takes previous game's gameplay, adds new mechanics, a new campaign with totally different levels, characters, story, and new multiplayer modes and maps = more than just an update.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I entirely agree with this. I'm not saying SSFIV wouldn't be worth $40 to fans of the genre, but the differences between SFIV to SSFIV are much smaller than the differences between Gears 1 to Gears 2 (or Halo 3 to Halo Reach, etc.).

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, I entirely agree with this. I'm not saying SSFIV wouldn't be worth $40 to fans of the genre, but the differences between SFIV to SSFIV are much smaller than the differences between Gears 1 to Gears 2 (or Halo 3 to Halo Reach, etc.).[/QUOTE]
Exactly my point. ^__^

Well, maybe I shouldn't say "TOTALLY DIFFERENT" in my post, since it's still the same universe.

How many times do you fight the Flood in the Halo series? :whistle2:k

[quote name='linkpwns']Joellll, do you have any beta codes? I'd blow you for one :D[/QUOTE]

But he's not a sexy priest.

An entirely new single player campaign is less new content than we got in SSFIV?

Is it opposite day or stupid statements day? I support and am a part of neither.

[quote name='Chacrana']An entirely new single player campaign is less new content than we got in SSFIV?

Is it opposite day or stupid statements day? I support and am a part of neither.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it's Trolling Day.

TROLLING

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back