GGT 111: JSP finally made another one and it will probably be stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Eviltude']Should have known they would restore NY and CA first. I just hope they don't do Idaho next.[/QUOTE]

It was great...

*sign in
*change my password
*maintenance
*wait two hours
*sign in
*change my password
*form comes up, actually type in new password
*maintenance
*try resubmit again
*maintenance
*try resubmit again
*success!

Steam account now linked. All KZ3 trophies earned during outage sync'ed. Apparently, for some reason Critter Crunch was just crazy and repopping trophies I already earned. :3

Mine went a lot faster then Frosty's, though with the added step of going into account maintenance and deleting all of my billing info.

Hey guys sorry for cutting out of Skype so abruptly. Drake was being naughty and messed with my computer settings when he was laying on my keyboard.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']exactly why I haven't played it.

--

Please let this be true:
http://www.destructoid.com/god-of-war-portable-collection-enhanced-for-ps3-coming--201143.phtml[/QUOTE]

I played Chains of Olympus and I don't remember it being anything special except short.

[quote name='whoknows']The new voice actor for Cole in Infamous 2 sucks ass. Doesn't fit at all.

http://www.destructoid.com/infamous-2-trailer-gives-you-a-quick-plot-refresher-201131.phtml[/QUOTE]

You're right it doesn't sound anything like the original . I personally didn't have a problem with the original VA. I'm doing a second play through now as Evil. The game is definitely uglier than I remember.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It was great...

*sign in
*change my password
*maintenance
*wait two hours
*sign in
*change my password
*form comes up, actually type in new password
*maintenance
*try resubmit again
*maintenance
*try resubmit again
*success!

Steam account now linked. All KZ3 trophies earned during outage sync'ed. Apparently, for some reason Critter Crunch was just crazy and repopping trophies I already earned. :3[/QUOTE]

:lol: I knew it wouldn't go over as smoothly as they had hoped. I had my sights set on playing something online tonight, but it's starting to look bleak for me even though I'm assuming the rest of the east coast is next in line. I based this assumption on absolutely nothing.

I need to finish DeadNation. I'm on the highway in singleplayer and like one away from it in co op.

Gonna kill some zombies in Undead Overrun (Red Dead Redemption) once Tennessee is back online. Anyone wanna join me?

[quote name='Eviltude']
I need to finish DeadNation. I'm on the highway in singleplayer and like one away from it in co op.[/QUOTE]

You and me both. I don't remember where I was... haven't ever played coop either. That's on the list of shit to try.

Well according to that map me and uraizen will be able to play some AH3 this week, after I get back from my sister's graduation of course. Sweet. :drool:

Think I'm gonna play Uncharted 2 instead of RDR when PSN returns. But man... I've barely touched UC2's multiplayer. I'm stuck on the Guardians in Hard mode in the singleplayer, dreading the final boss fight. I dunno how I'm gonna pull off Crushing, but it's all I need for platinum!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']im actually staunchly anti drug guys

forreal[/QUOTE]

YAOI.png

[quote name='Buuhan1']Think I'm gonna play Uncharted 2 instead of RDR when PSN returns. But man... I've barely touched UC2's multiplayer. I'm stuck on the Guardians in Hard mode in the singleplayer, dreading the final boss fight. I dunno how I'm gonna pull off Crushing, but it's all I need for platinum![/QUOTE]

You're doing something right there, don't fuck it up now.
The final boss in Uncharted 2 on crushing wasn't as bad as you'd think... the guy on the train was worse, if I remember correctly.
Guardians are a bitch... find whatever you can that hits hard (grenades were a huge plus) and KEEP MOVING.

Is it bad that after spending the last 3 hours or so checking it every 10 minutes that all I want to do is play more AC2?

I loved Uncharted 2 multiplayer when it was in beta, but once the game came out I barely played it. I think that was the first game I got the platinum for and then I ended up selling it shortly after. I sort of regret that, but I had already played the shit out of it. Really want to get the first one before 3 comes out. I almost bought the ESA pack to get it for a steal but decided it wasn't worth $30 when I wouldn't play the other 2.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You're doing something right there, don't fuck it up now.
The final boss in Uncharted 2 on crushing wasn't as bad as you'd think... the guy on the train was worse, if I remember correctly.
Guardians are a bitch... find whatever you can that hits hard (grenades were a huge plus) and KEEP MOVING.[/QUOTE]

I died on the prick like 20 times (no, really) on my first playthrough (Normal), but only died about twice on my Hard playthrough. I think that's because I knew what you actually had to do to beat him, whereas my first time I just kept shooting and nothing more. Having to engage him in melee everytime he came at you for it and win was kinda not obvious.

[quote name='Eviltude']Is it bad that after spending the last 3 hours or so checking it every 10 minutes that all I want to do is play more AC2?

I loved Uncharted 2 multiplayer when it was in beta, but once the game came out I barely played it. I think that was the first game I got the platinum for and then I ended up selling it shortly after. I sort of regret that, but I had already played the shit out of it. Really want to get the first one before 3 comes out. I almost bought the ESA pack to get it for a steal but decided it wasn't worth $30 when I wouldn't play the other 2.[/QUOTE]

You probably could've flipped the other two to GS for some decent credit during one of their promos. :)

Keep on assassinating people til PSN returns, friend. :cool:

[quote name='Buuhan1']I died on the prick like 20 times (no, really) on my first playthrough (Normal), but only died about twice on my Hard playthrough. I think that's because I knew what you actually had to do to beat him, whereas my first time I just kept shooting and nothing more. Having to engage him in melee everytime he came at you for it and win was kinda not obvious.[/QUOTE]

It's worse on crushing because of the damage you take...
I can't remember, are you playing on hard because ND was a bunch of morons and didn't unlock crushing unless you beat it on hard? I was so pissed... I would've started on hard if I had known that.

No, I knew Crushing only unlocks after beating Hard from playing the first Uncharted. It has no barring on me, I always play games on Easy or Normal (depending on the game) my first time.

I used to use baby mode back in the day, but ever since MGS2 I've pretty much started playing all games on the hardest difficulty available. Most of the time I give a go at unlockable difficulties, but some games, especially shooters and espionage, are just ridiculous to try and navigate. I beat most of CoD: Black Ops on Veteran or whatever it's called, but it literally took me an hour to beat some of the levels. One part in particular stands out where you are running down a hill and I couldn't even make it to the cover where my squad was huddled without getting killed.

[quote name='Eviltude']I used to use baby mode back in the day, but ever since MGS2 I've pretty much started playing all games on the hardest difficulty available. Most of the time I give a go at unlockable difficulties, but some games, especially shooters and espionage, are just ridiculous to try and navigate. I beat most of CoD: Black Ops on Veteran or whatever it's called, but it literally took me an hour to beat some of the levels. One part in particular stands out where you are running down a hill and I couldn't even make it to the cover where my squad was huddled without getting killed.[/QUOTE]

Khe Sahn? If its the part I'm thinking about, it was a nightmare on Hardened, I can't imagine trying it on Veteran.

Also, this applies to some of you. Be beaten down by it as appropriate.
http://dadsaretheoriginalhipster.tumblr.com/

Now that PSN is back online I got to play some Portal 2 co-op. It's pretty good, but not without its' caveats. The mic issue presents itself again. Oh well. I'll definitely be getting Platinum in it.

[quote name='Cheska19']Hey guys sorry for cutting out of Skype so abruptly. Drake was being naughty and messed with my computer settings when he was laying on my keyboard.[/QUOTE]

It's all good.

[quote name='linkpwns']JSP, I hear you have a hawt cousin.[/QUOTE]

We got your sister on skype last night and Joel hit on your 15 year old sister.

[quote name='icebeast']Well according to that map me and uraizen will be able to play some AH3 this week, after I get back from my sister's graduation of course. Sweet. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Yes we will.

[quote name='Buuhan1']No, I knew Crushing only unlocks after beating Hard from playing the first Uncharted. It has no barring on me, I always play games on Easy or Normal (depending on the game) my first time.[/QUOTE]

I figured I'd do normal first to go looking for the treasures and take my time, learn the puzzles and then I'd make a run on crushing. I finished normal and went to try crushing... and it wasn't there. I can see where some people might be okay with having to play hard to unlock crushing, but I still think it's a stupid design choice and it's another knock against ND for me.

[quote name='ihadFG']He's not joking. Joel can also confirm this.[/QUOTE]

Ruh-roh. Don't tell FemJoel. ;)

Was not on skype because of Socom. Unless you guys want to hear me calling out commands and target spotting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j-cart']Was not one skype because of Socom. Unless you guys want to hear me calling out commands and target spotting.[/QUOTE]

Was it worth the wait? I'm still waiting on MK9 because I didn't open/redeem my kombat pass prior to the outage. :(

At least I got my portal 2 pc copy added to my steam account finally.

How does Socom multi playe? Somehow I missed the beta. I actually liked Confrontation's gameplay despite the user experience being awful.

Time to rage at MK online tonight.

[quote name='Eviltude']Doing cocaine just means you're all grown up.[/QUOTE]

Or that you've hit the big time.

Plays like diet Socom. Think pre-coldfront Socom: Confrontation with better graphics.

The game types are awesome, but hopefully Zipper will fix everything.

[quote name='distgfx']We got your sister on skype last night and Joel hit on your 15 year old sister.
[/QUOTE]I just complemented her accent, if you thought that was hitting on her I'd like to know what you call it when I actually go to work. I had to say something since you two were being so quiet.

[quote name='ihadFG']He's not joking. Joel can also confirm this.[/QUOTE]Yep! She was nicer than I thought she'd be, too.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Ruh-roh. Don't tell FemJoel. ;)[/QUOTE]
Smart man! *HIGH FIVES* :cool:

I'm attempting to get the "ride 25km on rails" trophy in Infamous and I keep getting rammed off the track by a train and flying into the water. Its hilarious. I'm not sure where I'm going to get Infamous 2 on. Amazon isn't offering any credit on it surprisingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back